Invisible String {2} TW

By poultergeist

In which Ayla Hale realizes her new pack is her family now. Book 2 of the Ayla Hale Trilogy Season 3 and 4 of... More

Invisible String
Part One
Ch. 1 Tattoo
Ch. 2 Chaos Rising
Ch. 3 Fireflies
Ch. 4 Unleash
Ch. 5 Frayed
Ch. 6 Motel California
Ch. 7 Currents
Ch. 8 Visionary
Ch. 9 The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Ch. 10 The Overlooked
Ch. 11 Alpha Pact
Ch. 12 Revelations: Lunar Eclipse
Part Two
Ch. 1 Anchors
Ch. 2 More Bad Than Good
Ch. 3 Galvanize
Ch. 4 Illuminated
Ch. 5 Silverfinger
Ch. 6 Riddled
Ch. 7 Letharia Vulpina
Ch. 8 Echo House
Ch. 9 The Fox and the Wolf
Ch. 10 De-Void
Ch. 11 Insatiable
Ch. 12 The Divine Move
TO AU Idea
Part Three
Ch. 1 The Dark Moon
Ch. 2 117
Ch. 3 Muted
Ch. 4 The Benefactor
Ch. 5 I.E.D.
Ch. 6 Orphaned
Ch. 7 Weaponized
Ch. 8 Time of Death
Ch. 9 Perishable
Ch. 11 A Promise to the Dead
Ch. 12 Smoke and Mirrors
Book Three

Ch. 10 Monstrous

332 10 9
By poultergeist

DEADPOOL
[4×10]

HOW WAS IT THE SECOND PIPER RETURNED TO BEACON HILLS SHE WAS ALREADY BACK IN DEADPOOL DRAMA? She had been in Palo Alto to try to be there for her girlfriend for the past few days. They had been driving past the high school on their way home when both had noticed the familiar werewolf being chased there. And of course, they had had to go help him.

Both ran across the lacrosse field towards Brett and whoever was with him. The two had several crossbows point at them. One of the arrows flew through the air, and Kira slashed out her katana, cutting it in half before it could hit Brett. Him and the girl with him looked at both her and Piper in surprise. "Run!" the two girls told them. Both did as asked.

Kira then turned to Piper. "Go!" she told her. Piper sent the other girl a look. "Go!" Kira ordered. She sighed and took off after Brett and the girl. Kira then turned back towards the arrows that were flying towards her.

|

While the kitsune and her girlfriend were having a rough evening, their she-wolf friend was having a rather boring one. There was a pencil in Ayla's hand as she sat next to Braeden on her bed. Derek was sat on the other side of the woman. Surprisingly, he was the only one with his eyes on the TV that was currently playing one of Ayla's favorite movies. Braeden was busy looking through Ayla's sketchbooks.

After discovering that Braeden had never watched Mama Mia! before, Ayla had decided to make her watch it. But they still had Kate on the loose along with the deadpool, meaning they still had priorities. Braeden had thought that maybe the seer would have something that would point her towards where Kate was hiding.

And Ayla was trying to use her seer abilities to figure out who the Benefactor was. So far, she had filled a whole page with images of flames, and she was currently sketching out what she was pretty certain was Eichen House.

"Is this you?" Braeden asked the she-wolf.

Ayla glanced over the woman's shoulder at the drawing of a black wolf. "No. I just started seeing it a few months back," Ayla told her. The wolf had been in a few dreams for a while now. But with everything else going on, it hadn't been something she focused on.

She reached into the bag of cheddar popcorn next to her. Lucifer was sitting between her and Braeden, and stood up as he saw her pull a piece from the bag. "No," Ayla said, popping the piece of popcorn into her mouth. Lucifer gave her his pleading eyes. "It's bad for you," Ayla told him.

Derek grabbed the bag and pulled a piece out. He held it out to the cat, who looked at the man, clearly suspicious. Ayla rolled her eyes. "He won't take it from you," she told her uncle. But then Lucifer pounced forward, eating the peice of popcorn off Derek's hand, and running back over to Ayla and Braeden. "Lucy!" Ayla scolded. She then turned to her uncle. "Stop trying to kill my cat!"

"Stop letting him destroy my loft," Derek replied. Ayla rolled her eyes and moved the bag of popcorn out of his reach.

Dancing Queen began to play as the credits started to roll, and Braeden glanced up from the drawing of a wolf in front of her. "I just missed that whole ending," she admitted.

"And I just sat through it for the fiftieth time," Derek muttered.

"More like hundredth," Ayla corrected with a smile.

"Okay, so who was actually the dad?" Braeden wondered.

"All of them," Ayla replied.

"But how?" Braeden asked.

"They all just agreed they were happy being her dads- plural," Ayla explained.

The woman looked at the she-wolf, completely lost. "But do you ever actually find out which one it is?" she wondered.

"Personally, my theory is Sam but me and Piper have fought about it a few times," Ayla told her.

Braeden turned to Derek, who shrugged. "Don't question it," he told her. He tried to reach over her to grab the popcorn from Ayla, but the she-wolf held it off of the bed to keep it out of his reach.

Her phone beeped on her nightstand and Ayla placed the popcorn back down to pick it up. She frowned as she saw a message from Piper. "I gotta go," she informed them, standing up. She sent Scott a quick text, asking him to come pick her up.

"You know, I think you're supposed to spend more time in your own home," Derek told her.

Ayla rolled her eyes and stepped into her closet, closing the doors behind her. "I've been here every night this week," she reminded.

"And where were you several nights last week?" Derek wondered.

The she-wolf frowned, knowing he was referring to the fact that she had spent several nights with Scott since they had gotten back together. Of course, more of them had been spent dealing with the deadpool than actually in bed.

"Right now people can get paid twenty million dollars for murdering me. I've been dealing with that," Ayla told him, switching her sweatpants out for a pair of jeans.

Derek sighed. "Just be careful," he said.

Ayla opened the closet doors as she pulled on her boots. She wasn't sure if he meant be careful with her safety or her love life- not that she would be careful with either over the next twenty-four hours. She decided to just assume it was safety, given that she didn't want to talk about the other with him.

"I'm not the one whose name unlocked a cipher," she told him, before turning to Braeden. "Keep an eye on him, and please don't let him continue to try to poison my cat."

Derek looked up at his niece. He had been trying to give Lucifer another peice of popcorn as she spoke. The cat snatched the popcorn from his hand while Ayla glared at him.

|

Kira and Piper took Brett and the girl- who they now knew was his sister, Lori- to the animal clinic.

Both girls ran to the door as they heard it open. Ayla and Scott both walked in. The she-wolf ran towards them. She threw her arms around Piper, who just smiled as she hugged her back. Ayla pulled back so she could face the other girl, but left her hands on Piper's shoulders. "When you see a werewolf being shot at, you walk the other way because you don't have super-healing," she snapped.

Piper rolled her eyes while Kira and Scott chuckled. The kitsune had informed the she-wolf of what had happened and how Piper had decided to try to help. "I'm fine, mother," Piper told the other girl.

Ayla rolled her eyes and moved to Kira. She hugged her as well. "How's your mom?" Scott asked the kitsune as her and Ayla pulled away.

"She's okay. Healing," Kira told him.

"Are you both okay?" Ayla asked them.

The two girls nodded. "We're fine," Piper assured the two werewolves.

"What about Brett? You found him?" Scott asked, having only gotten a little bit out of Ayla before they got there.

"Actually, I think we found all of them," Kira told them. Her and Piper led both of them into the back room, where people were gathered together. "Satomi, these are the two I was telling you about," Kira said.

The woman turned towards them. "I know who Scott McCall is, and I've known Ayla Hale for quite some time," she said.

Scott frowned at her, but Ayla smiled at the woman. "It's been a over ten years, Satomi," she reminded.

"Are we safe here?" Everyone turned towards Lori.

Both the werewolves frowned, glancing around at all the people gathered in the room. "We're gonna need help," Scott told his pack mates.

"Yeah, a lot," Ayla muttered.

|

Knowing they needed somewhere better than the animal clinic to hide Satomi and her pack, Scott came up with the idea to take them to a place Argent owned. The building was abandoned, and hopefully one of the last places anyone would check.

Unfortunately, it seemed Argent had decided he needed it for something today. The four teenagers came running out as they realized Brett was about to attack the man. "Wait! Wait! Brett! This is his place. It's his," Scott told the other werewolf. Argent currently had a gun pointed at the boy, while Brett glared at him with claws extended. Both backed off once they realized that they weren't enemies.

"Scott, if you're bringing in guests, you could've called," Argent told the alpha. He then took in all the people, frowning as he saw how many were here.

"We didn't have anywhere else to take them," Scott explained.

Satomi walked over to them. "I know this man. He may not remember, but we've met before," she said.

"You can trust him. I trust him," Scott assured her.

"So do I," Ayla added.

"How do we know he's not like the others?" Satomi asked.

"What others?" Argent wondered.

"Last night, there was a whole team after them. And they used crossbows," Kira told him, handing him one of the arrows.

"They're hunters, aren't they?" Scott asked him as he examined the arrow.

"Not if they're killing for profit. Not anymore," he told them.

"Can they find us?" Brett asked.

"They might already know you're here. Maybe they're waiting for dark," Argent told him.

"So we're not safe here?" Kira asked.

"We're not safe anywhere. We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us," Satomi informed them.

"If they're coming, Scott, they're coming for you too," Argent warned. He glanced between the alpha and Hale. "You two, especially. You're still the top two on the deadpool."

Ayla nodded. "We're aware," she told him.

"And we know Lydia can get the answer from Meredith. She just needs more time," Scott told the man.

"Then that's what she'll get," Argent decided.

|

With a fight coming, they began to get ready for it. Ayla called Derek and Braeden, who both quickly arrived. Argent set up perimeter alarms all over the building so that they would know when anyone else got there.

Ayla walked over to her uncle, who was holding a gun given that he still had none of his usual werewolf abilities. "You sure you should be here?" she asked him.

Derek smiled. "You worried about me?" he wondered, a teasing note to his voice.

"Yes," Ayla said, bluntly. She saw no point in hiding it.

His expression darkened as he realized she genuinely was worried about him. "It's my job to worry about you, not the other way around, remember?" he asked. Ayla sent him a look and he sighed. "I'll be fine, kid," he tried to assure her. 

Ayla frowned, not so sure about that. She started to go towards Piper to tell her that there was no way to argue her way into staying, but saw Scott walking towards them. He looked towards Satomi's pack. "They'll be okay," he said, but Ayla wasn't sure if it was a statement or a question.

Both Hales moved towards him, putting more distance between themselves and the other pack. "They've got claws and fangs, but they're not fighters," Derek told him, walking past the alpha.

"That's why we called you," Scott reminded.

"Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either," Derek told him.

"That's why he called me," Braeden put in as she joined the group.

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm?" Kira wondered as she joined them as well. "I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?"

Ayla shook her head. Images of blood and bullets flying through the air filled her mind. She saw blood on her hands, not that she was sure whose it was. She still somehow knew that it was from someone she cared about. "No, they're coming," she confirmed.

All of them looked at her. "What do you see?" Piper wondered.

The she-wolf shrugged. "Just snippets, but... I think one of us is going to get hurt," she admitted. She didn't say it, but all of them knew what she was thinking. One of them might get killed.

"Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braeden wondered.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it," Scott told them.

"What if there is no stopping it?" All of them turned to face Brett, who had clearly been listening in. "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?"

"Then let's send a message," Derek spoke up. Everyone turned to the oldest Hale. "Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun. Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is going to be put on another list. Our list. They get to be on our deadpool."

|

Ayla made her way over to where Piper and Kira were standing together. "You need to leave," she told the human girl.

Piper frowned, not wanting to abandon her friends. "Why am I always asked to leave?" she wondered.

"Because you don't have claws, and you would stab yourself with that sword before you would manage to stab anyone else," Ayla told her ex.

Piper sighed. "She's right," Kira told her, taking the other girl's hand. "You aren't on the list. You should go home."

"And do nothing?" Piper asked.

"You... you could drive out to the lake house and try to see if Stiles and Malia need help," Kira compromised.

Piper looked at the other two girls for a moment, before nodding. "Fine," she agreed. She hugged her girlfriend, before hugging her best friend. "But if either of you get yourselves killed, know that the minute I die I'm coming to hell to annoy you for eternity."

Both managed a laugh. "Just get out of here," Ayla told her.

Piper nodded, but it was already too late. They could all hear the perimeter alarm beginning to go off.

|

The hunters tossed in smoke bombs first, before bullets began to fly through the room. Ayla immediately shoved Piper towards where Lori and a few others had decided to try to hide. The she-wolf was then thrown into the chaos around her.

Piper scrambled onto the floor, trying to hide from the gunfire. It didn't matter though. The gunshots and yells still filled her ears, whether she saw any of it or not. She clenched her eyes shut as she suddenly wished she had left like Ayla and Kira had told her to.

She heard a different sound and opened her eyes. Lori was crying next to her. Piper frowned. She was about the last person who should be helping anyone with their emotions. "We'll be fine," was all she said as she reached over to take the younger girl's hand.

But a sudden thought occurred to her. She had been so worried that it would be Ayla or Kira who got themselves killed tonight, because she had figured they would force her to leave like they had tried to. But she was still here. That meant that the person in Ayla's vision could very well be her.

|

Somehow, the whole pack had been split up. Ayla had managed to hear Braeden and Derek yelling to each other throughout the chaos, leading her to believe that at least the two of them were together. But she hadn't found them, Argent, Kira or Scott as she continued to try to fight off all the people shooting at her.

She knew Scott was looking for her to make sure she was okay from the way he would yell her name every few minutes. But as much as the two kept yelling for the other, they hadn't managed to reach each other yet. And every time the other took a moment to yell back, the other one's heart dropped.

She could tell he was getting closer to her, though. She was trying to stay close to where Piper was hiding. While the two of them had been with her initially, Kira had gotten separated way back when the smoke bombs had been tossed in.

Piper was still in her hiding spot with Lori. The werewolf suddenly started to get up, though. "Where are you going? Lori?" Piper hissed. She cursed under her breath as the younger werewolf ran off. She got up and followed after her.

And while she did that, Ayla was beating one of her attackers with his own gun. She tossed the weapon aside once he seemed to be unconscious. At least, she was assuming he was unconscious and not dead.

She spotted the other girl moving away from her hiding spot. "Piper!" she yelled, but the human girl just ran after Lori. Ayla started to follow, only to feel a bullet hit her in her right side. She groaned, before turning towards the guy who had shot her. She gestured him forward. "Well, come on," she said, before moving towards him.

|

Piper ran through the building, quickly catching up to Lori. "Brett?" the werewolf called, wanting her brother.

"He's fine. We need to hide," Piper said, grabbing the girl's hand to pull her back to their hiding spot. She started to turn around, but saw the red dot moving up Lori's shirt before she could. She followed the werewolf's gaze to the man who currently had his gun pointed at the young girl's forehead. Both stared in horror as they waited for him to fire.

The gun went off, just as Scott tackled the man to the ground. He threw off the shot, making it miss Lori. It unfortunately didn't miss the human next to her. Piper gasped as it hit her in the shoulder. Lori gave a shriek of surprise, staring at the girl in horror. Ayla ran around the corner just in time to see her ex hit the ground.

"Piper?" she cried, running towards her.

"Should've left. Definitely should've left," Piper muttered as Ayla took in the wound.

Ayla scoffed and tried to help stop all the blood currently pouring from the wound. "You'll be fine," she promised, though she wasn't sure how convincing she sounded. She glanced around her. Lori had backed up against the wall, looking terrified.

Scott was slashing his claws out at the man who had shot Piper, over and over again. Ayla watched as his face began to become more animalistic the more he slashed out. He's gonna kill him if he doesn't stop, she realized.

"Scott!" she yelled, but got no reaction. "Scott, stop! Don't kill him! Scott!"

The alpha stopped, and the man gave a bloody cough. Scott's face slowly returned to it's usual werewolf features, and he glanced towards his girlfriend. He frowned as he saw the way she was looking at him.

Phones suddenly began to chime, and all gunfire came to a halt. The people with guns began to back off. Scott reached into the man's pocket, pulling out his phone. He turned it around to show him the message. All contracts terminated.

All the men began to leave, and Brett ran over to his sister. He looked at Ayla and Piper in surprise as he saw the blood covering the human girl. "Thank you," he muttered.

Piper shook her head, groaning in pain. "Wasn't at all intentional," she admitted. Ayla tried to help her sit up, making her groan more. "Ow! Oh, God, am I dying?"

"You are not dying," Ayla snapped, though the panic in her voice didn't make it very convincing. She looked around, finally spotting her kitsune friend nearby. "Kira!"

The other girl turned towards them, staring at her girlfriend in shock for a moment. "Oh, my God," she mumbled as she took in all the blood.

"Help me," Ayla pleaded. Kira ran over to her and began to try to help her get Piper off the floor.

|

The she-wolf stood in the hospital bathroom later that night, looking down at her bloody hands. Tears filled her eyes as she quickly turned on the sink and began scrubbing Piper's blood off of them. Her tears began to fall as she violently scrubbed the blood off.

She released a sigh once it was all off. She closed her eyes, feeling all her adrenaline from the past few hours quickly fading. She grabbed a paper towel and dried off her hands, before grabbing another one to wipe away her tears. She checked herself in the mirror to make sure her eyes weren't too red. Then she stepped out of the bathroom and walked down the hall.

She found Kira sitting in the chair next to Piper, who was laying in a hospital bed. The human gave her a smile as she walked in. "Morphine kick in yet?" Ayla wondered, trying to hide the fact that she had just had a breakdown.

Piper's smile grew. "Maybe," she said.

Kira released a laugh, though she had also cried tonight. "Oh, yeah. It's kicking in," she told the she-wolf.

Ayla managed a smile as she walked over to the other girl. She took Piper's hand. "I'm glad you're okay," she told her, struggling to keep her voice from breaking.

Piper nodded. "I'm glad you're both alive. Though Lori and Brett majorly owe me," she said, making both laugh again. The two girls were both trying to hold back threatening tears at the moment.

Knowing she would see them, Ayla leaned forward and wrapped a careful arm around Piper. She felt Piper lift her good arm to wrap it around her. "I love you, but I need to get home some time tonight," Ayla told her.

"Love you too," Piper told her.

Ayla shut her eyes to keep the tears from spilling, before letting go of her best friend. She walked around the bed to Kira. The kitsune stood up and hugged the she-wolf. "You staying?" Ayla asked as the two held each other.

"Yeah. They haven't gotten ahold of her mom yet, so I'm at least staying until then so she isn't alone," Kira told her. She lowered her voice. "Or at least that's the excuse I'm telling her."

Ayla managed a smile, before pulling away. She glanced towards Piper, who was beginning to look very out of it. "We're okay," Kira assured her.

Ayla nodded. She didn't try to speak, too afraid that she would break down all over again. She gave Piper a wave as she moved towards the door. Piper happily waved back with her good arm.

Ayla walked out into the hall, taking in a deep breath as she did so. She then started to head for the elevator. "Ayla!" She turned back, spotting Melissa. The nurse had been one of the first to come running when the three girls had arrived. Melissa jogged over to her, and Ayla wished she could just flee. "Hey," Melissa said as she saw the girl's expression. Ayla tried to avoid her gaze as she felt her tears building again. "Come here," Melissa said, holding her arms out to the teenager.

Ayla tried to hold back her sob as she hugged the woman, but it was pointless. She was quickly crying against Melissa's shoulder as the woman rubbed her back. "She's okay. You're all okay," Melissa reminded as she held the teenager.

Ayla nodded. "I know," she mumbled.

The two pulled away and Melissa reached into her pocket and pulled out a key. She held it out to the she-wolf. "He's already been calling to check on all of you," she told her.

Ayla wasn't sure if the sound she made was a laugh or a sob. "Of course he has," she muttered, wiping at her tears.

"Do you need a ride?" Melissa wondered.

The she-wolf shook her head. "No. The deadpool's over, and I honestly just need a bit to clear my head," she admitted.

"Well, here's your way to get into my house if you want to go tell him you're all okay, though I do expect this back," Melissa told her, handing her the key. Ayla nodded, managing a small smile at the last part. The woman sighed as she looked at her. "You sure you're alright to walk home?" she wondered.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. I swear," Ayla told her.

Melissa frowned, clearly worried about the teenager. "Okay," she agreed, walking off to get back to work.

Ayla took a deep breath, before heading to the elevator.

|

After everything had happened, Scott had gone home and gotten all the blood washed off himself. He was currently sitting in his room in fresh clothes, and texting Derek once again to see if Ayla had gotten home yet. Her and Kira hadn't sent anyone an update since they had left with Piper.

He heard the front door open and frowned. He stood up and headed downstairs to see who it was. "Mom?" he called. He wasn't sure who else it would be, even though he knew his mother still had a few hours left at the hospital.

He found Ayla standing by the door instead. She gave him a forced smile as she held up a key. "Your mom gave me this before I left the hospital," she explained.

Scott quickly made his way down the stairs and to the she-wolf. He pulled her into his arms, and Ayla sighed as she relaxed against him. Her tears had dried up at this point, but the feeling of guilt over her friend getting hurt was still there.

Scott pulled back. "Are you okay? Is Piper?" he questioned.

"I'm fine. She's scheduled for surgery in the morning, but right now they have her on morphine. She's honestly probably doing a whole lot better than the rest of us right now," Ayla told him. Both managed a chuckle at the last part.

"Good," Scott said.

Ayla sighed as she tried to think of something else to say. "So I guess it's over," she said.

"Yeah," Scott agreed as he started walking back towards his room. Ayla followed. "Maybe we can finally have that date now," he told her.

Ayla gave a scoff. "We still have plenty to deal with," she reminded. She frowned as the memory of earlier came back to her. "Like what happened during the fight."

Scott turned back towards her as they reached his room, looking at her in surprise. "What do you mean?" he asked, though he already knew.

Ayla sent him a look. "Scott, I thought you were actually going to kill someone for a minute there," she admitted.

He frowned. "Yeah, I kinda did too," he said, avoiding her gaze.

She moved closer to him. "You became alpha because you believed we could do things better," she reminded.

"Yeah, before we had people being paid to kill us," he told her.

"But we can't kill them," Ayla replied.

Scott looked up at her in surprise. "Since when do you see it that way?" he wondered.

Ayla shrugged. "Maybe you're rubbing off on me," she told him. She stepped closer to him again so that now they were only a few inches apart. "You're not a monster, and you're sure as hell not a killer," she assured him.

The alpha managed a smile. A part of him had been worried after what had happened earlier, but now he realized he should've remembered that this was Ayla.

The two looked at each other for a moment, before Scott leaned down to kiss her. His arms wound around her as he pulled her against him, and she wound her arms around his neck.

But what was originally supposed to be an innocent kiss quickly became more. Ayla pulled her jacket off, while still moving her lips in sync with his. She then moved her hands under Scott's T-shirt, before pulling at the hem of it. The alpha detached his lips from hers to allow her to pull the T-shirt off him. He then looked at her, knowing it had been a long night.

"You sure you want to do this right now?" he wondered.

Ayla frowned at him, breathing heavily. The two hadn't exactly had much free time since they got back together. Despite the many times things had seemed like they were going to escalate, there had always been an interruption before they did. Right now, it wasn't looking like there was going to be an interruption. For once, everyone was okay. And that same feeling that had screamed that he was all she needed while they were at the lake house a few weeks ago was screaming again.

"We've been dealing with everything and everyone for weeks. Can it just be you and me for once?" she wondered.

Scott nodded, stepping closer to her again. He pulled her shirt over her head, before connecting his lips to hers again. Ayla gave a small gasp of surprise as he suddenly lifted her off the floor. She could feel him smirking against her lips as he sat her back down on his bed. He pushed her back against the mattress as he moved his lips down to her neck. And so for the night at least, it was just them.

|

Some old movie played silently on the TV as Kira sat with Piper. The kitsune was starting to fall asleep as she laid her head down on the bed.

"You're not actually going to sleep like that, are you?" Kira looked up at Piper. The human girl appeared to be trying to fight all the drugs she was currently on. Kira was certain she should've passed out by now. "That looks really uncomfy."

Kira managed a smile. "You got a better idea?" she wondered.

Piper scooted over in her bed. Kira stood up and kicked off her boots, before crawling into the hospital bed with the other girl. She sat down on the right side of the bed, given that it had been Piper's left shoulder that got injured. Piper laid her head on the kitsune's shoulder, only to groan a little as she moved.

"You okay?" Kira asked.

"Yeah. You know, I just realized I'm gonna have an awesome scar," Piper told her.

Kira managed a chuckle. "Yeah, you probably are," she agreed. She kissed Piper on the head. "Try to get some rest."

"Okay. Good night," Piper mumbled.

"Night," Kira told her.

"I love you, foxy," Piper said.

Kira froze. The nickname wasn't unusual. Piper had used it plenty of times to annoy her. It was the fact that neither of them ever said "I love you" to each other. She tried to turn to see the other girl, but she could tell from the weight on her shoulder that Piper was already starting to fall asleep.

"I love you too," Kira mumbled, knowing that Piper probably wouldn't remember this by the next morning.

|

The two werewolves laid curled together on Scott's bed later that night. Ayla had her head against his shoulder as she started to drift off to sleep.

"You better wake me in the morning. You're mother trusts me enough to let me use her house key. She will not if she catches us like this," Ayla told him.

Both of them chuckled, but neither even had the energy to try to open their eyes after today. Scott kissed her on the head as both started to fall asleep. And Ayla probably would have in only a few moments if it wasn't for the alphas next three words.

"I love you."

Yes, that is where I'm leaving you. Also, I've just got to put it out there that out of all the adorable scenes in this chapter, Ayla forcing Derek and Braeden to watch Mama Mia! with her is still probably my favorite scene out of all of it.

Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 1.3K 24
(Completed) "You're not a monster you're a werewolf like me." What if Scott McCall had a younger sister? What is she was born a werewolf? What if s...
51.2K 1.4K 15
"𝙳𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚔 𝚐𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛?" ...
166K 6.9K 41
A/U all the werewolves can turn into full wolves and also the half shift human/wolf form, Stiles is also an Alpha wolf in this story, Dereks family i...
15.8K 663 28
❝TIME TO CONFRONT YOUR PAST AND YOUR FEARS.❞ In which Maddie has to learn to make a choice. Pack or Family. Or can she have both? {book three} {teen...