The Hufflepuff Princess

By Scarlet_Riddle

She was the epitone of Hufflepuff, beautiful, kind and caring. The daughter of two muggles, both loving paren... More

Prolouge: A Sweet Rose
Chapter One: The Zoo
Chapter Two: A Witch
Chapter three: Hogwarts
Chapter Four: Rats and Potions
Chapter 5: Brooms and Friends
Chapter 6: Dead Rabbit and a Horrible Halloween
Chapter 7: Recovery and Friends
Chapter 8: Quidditch and Detention
Chapter 9: Winter and Dr. Snow
Chapter 10: A Festive Train Ride
Chapter 11: Crabs and Christmas
Chapter 12: The end of a Year
Chapter 13: Letters and Dinner Parties
Chapter 14: Diagon Alley and Weasleys
Chapter 15: The Diggory Home
Chapter 16: Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 17: Howlers and Professors
Chapter 18: Mudbloods & Ghosts
Chapter 19: Start of Punishments
Chapter 20: Tryouts and Friends
Chapter 21: Houselves, Hagrid, and Letters
Chapter 22: Halloween
Chapter 23: Tutor and Dumbledore
Schedule for Hufflepuff Princess & Author's Note
Chapter 24: Myrtle and Broomsticks
Chapter 25: Another Attack
Chapter 26: Aftermath and Mandrakes
Chapter 27: Snakes Vs Dr. Snow
Chapter 28: Justin and Traditions
Chapter 30: Christmas in the Muggle World
Chapter 31: Valentines Day and Scales
Chapter 32: Images and Courses
Chapter 33: Ginny Weasley and Discoveries
Chapter 34: The Worst Birthday Ever
Chapter 35: Discovery
Chapter 36: Visitors and Flowers
Chapter 37: Bittersweet Silence
Chapter 38: Finally Free
END OF YEAR 2
Chapter 39: Untold Secrets
Chapter 40: Family Heritage
Chapter 41: Summer at Privet Drive
Chapter 42: Marge and Letters
Chapter 43: The Best of Friends
Chapter 44: Confessions and Relief
Chapter 45: Conversations and Unicorns
Pre-update greeting:
Chapter 46: Water Wrestling and Simple Lies
Chapter 47: Diagon Alley with Friends
Announcement:
Chapter 48: Friends and books
Chapter 49: Sisters and Disagrements
Mistakes were made
Chapter 50: Dementors on The Train
Guess Who's back
Chapter 51: A beautiful mystery

Chapter 29: Merry Friends

3K 102 12
By Scarlet_Riddle

The Hufflepuffs were in a hustle this morning, almost everyone was scrambling to leave Hogwarts. Squibbles had already collected most of her items in her suitcase for her, as well as holding up a lovely present wrapped up neatly. Rose smiled as she looked at the package in a sleepy stupor, "What's this for?" Squibbles chuckled as he smiled towards her, "A present miss. From Squibbles Miss." Rose looked touched as she knelt down and gently took the present, "Thank you Squibbles, I'll take excellent care of it." 

"Squibbles also helped make you a gift for your grandmother." Squibbles pulled out a beautiful necklace, it was rather simple, but the large centerpiece was a preserved mountain aven in what looked like clear resin. Rose looked as if she was going to have tears fall down her face as Squibbles erupted in nervous babbles, "D-Does miss not like it? Has Squibbles done too much? Is Miss upset-" Rose pulled Squibbles in a hug as she whispered, "Thank you, it is so kind of you. This means so much to me, she'll love it." Squibbles hugged back as his ears twitched, "I'm glad miss. You need to get ready, the train leaves in three hours." Rose thanked squibbles, placing the necklace inside her jean pocket before she put them on. Squibbles had disappeared the moment she said thank you with a sharp pop. Once Rose was prepared for the trip she picked up her bag and waved her wand levitating some of her books and sitting down on the bed. She looked at her books she loved to read, one being the dragon book Hagrid gave her for her birthday.  Rose picked up the book and sat it in her bag before turning to the door and smiling, "Off we go." Rose walked out of the dorm room to see a few students waiting in the common room. Earnie was as usual among the crowd as they saw Rose and greeted her. Rose managed a smile and wave before being followed to the great hall, Many students waved merrily towards her, Peeves was flying about in his usual cheery self, this day he was trying to tease the Weasley twins, who were happily joking back with him.

"Rose, Wait-" Rose turned around seeing the slytherin boy she helped, "Hello, how are you today?" The boy looked down before whispering, "F-Fine. Erm," the boy held out a small box, "This is for you. My mother wanted me to give it to you as a thank you." Rose looked surprised as she picked it up gently, "I only did what was right." The boy turned red as he stated, "Please? You were the only one to help." Rose sighed before she nodded, "Thank you. Merry christmas." The boy smiled before running off as Rose walked towards her table, the breakfast was rather large today, as it was the banquet. Alice was happily getting some biscuits in gravy, while Cedric went for a traditional breakfast. Rose began to grab some toast, bacon, eggs, and grits, agreeing with Alice to share two waffles. Everyone was in happy spirits to be headed home for the holidays, and while some students like Rose were silent in thought, others were merely talking about exchanging gifts. Alice and Cedric were explaining their gifts destinations, "So I know Rose already sent her's, but mine are going to be sent when I get to the wizarding village. That way you get a postcard too." Cedric rolled his eyes as he stated calmly, "Oh boy. A postcard." Rose joined as she smiled as happily explained, "A postcard would be cool, you could collect them!" Cedric sighed as he looked tired before the Fat Friar appeared, "Rose dear? I've been told to give you this." Rose turned to see a beautiful gift that held a small bow on it, "Oh, why thank you friar." Rose opened the box before a new loud bang sounded, this time snow fell around Rose as she shivered. Alice began to laugh loudly as she pointed to her head, "Looks like Peeves gave you a new crown, and a cloak to match!" Rose became a violent shade of red as she felt the snow melting when it touched her skin. Peeves was heard cackling as he bellowed, "Merry Christmas, Rose! The Hufflepuff Princess!" Tons of students turned towards the table, all laughing as a tiny cloud of snow floated above Rose. Fred and George began to cheer, "Long live Princess Rose!" As Rose looked ready to explode like confetti, Cedric began to laugh before flicking his wand towards her before the cloud split and began to make a small blizzard on him. 

"Merlin's beard!" Cedric complained as he began to shiver, but now Rose felt rather warm in the cloak as she began to laugh with Alice. As Rose pulled the cloak closer to herself the snow disappeared above her and Cedric as Peeves groaned, calling out, "Dumbledore is a Dumble-bore!" In a matter of minutes Rose and her friends were on their way out towards the train, but Rose paused as she walked past Myrtle's bathroom. Something glittered on the ground before she picked it up, it was large and iridescent. The scale was the size of three of her fingers together, and a vivid green. Rose looked towards her friends who had slowed down before she raced towards them, "Look what I found." The moment they found their train, Neville said he would be joining them later, "That's pretty, where did you find it?" Rose looked at the scale, "It was at Myrtle's bathroom. It looks familiar to me." Rose stared at the scale, examining the edges before placing it in her pocket. Soon they were greeted by Neville who brought in Ginny, the trio had changed to five as this time Cedric, Alice, and Rose brought some Christmas crackers to play on the train. Rose had grown used to loud bangs and the magical wonder of the wizarding world.

"Nice one Neville!" Ginny was laughing as Neville wore a lovely pink scarf, Cedric had fun muggle sunglasses, Alice wore a lovely derby hat that Neville was quick to state looked like something his grandmother wore. Rose held out one towards Ginny, who had quickly warmed up to Rose, "Wanna try?" Ginny smiled, Rose watched some color fill her cheeks as the train moved away from Hogwarts. Ginny grabbed one end before the two, laughing and squealing, tugged hard before the familiar sound went off, Bang! Ginny jumped before she had a large smile along her face, Rose giggled as she pointed to her head, "You have a tiara too!" Ginny's eyes widened before she laughed with the others as Rose and Neville pulled another and Rose was given a giant bow in her hair. The trolly witch, a large witch with a friendly smile, came towards them, her trolly was full of wizarding candies, and Rose, happy to share, bought enough to share with everyone. The next game the quartet played was Bertie Botts' every flavor bean. Rose was happily joking with Ginny who had a large smile on her face, "We often have some bad luck with these." Ginny laughed before she stated, "George swore he got a bogey flavored one once." Alice suddenly seemed to remember her luck as she grumbled, "I feel for him on that one." Everyone took a handful of beans before they looked at each other, Neville suddenly seemed to be terrified before Rose smiled towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Don't worry Neville, if you need to spit it out there is a trash can right there." Alice nodded before she smiled, "Plus since Rose mastered the silencing charm, if you get sick we won't be able to hear you. That's what happened with Cedric last time." Cedric suddenly began to argue with Alice, "You had to do it too!" Alice glared at him retorting, "Because you made me feel sic-" Rose and Ginny both took a bean from Cedric and Alice's hand and shoved it in their mouth. Both of them gagged before they became silent, chewing on theirs or quickly trying to wash it down with pumpkin juice. Ginny, Neville and Rose all took their first bean too before Neville looked rather pleased as Ginny and Rose wrinkled their noses slightly. Alice coughed when she finished, "I got a leak again!" Cedric looked annoyed as he gulped down some water, "I wish I had that, I had bogey." Rose and Ginny looked towards each other, "I think we got the same thing. Grass?" Ginny nodded as she stated, "So that's what a unicorn tastes when they eat." Rose suddenly had a small laugh before Cedric quickly stated, "Don't you dare!" Rose snorted as she turned towards the other three, "Let me tell you guys all about Cedric's dream." Rose then launched into her and Cedric's adventures of last summer, and had a wonderful laugh about Cedric landing face first into grass. 

Off the train:

Rose hugged Cedric tightly, wishing him a wonderful christmas. As she hugged Alice she told her to send a postcard and promised to bring one back from Korea. Ginny was next to her, both Rose and Ginny's parents were late. Rose wanted to make sure Ginny was safe and agreed to stay with each other when they crossed the muggle barrier. Alice and Cedric left, but this time Rose was handed her present from Cedric's family before they left. Rose had gently placed it safely in her bag. 

"My mum would love to meet you. I um… I wrote to her about you." Rose looked towards Ginny with a smile, "Really? Well I'd love to meet her-" Just as the two were smiling a loud voice, sounding awfully familiar to the howler Ron received, echoed, "Ginny dear! How I missed you!" Ginny raced to her mother's arms, and Rose felt her stomach drop, it just clicked in her mind that Ginny's father was the same man she was rude to in Diagon Alley. However, it seemed Mr. Weasley forgot that and was currently shaking her hand rather hard, "It's wonderful to meet you of course-Ginny wrote all about you-Muggle born- not that we judge." Mrs. Weasley was a short and stout woman, but she gently got her husband to stop shaking his hand before she gave her a motherly hug, "Arthur, you're startling the poor girl. Molly Weasley dear. Thank you so much for looking after our girl." Rose turned pink with a smile, "She's extremely kind, Mum. She even helped a slytherin boy who was bullied!" Rose felt as vivid as the family's hair, heat filling her cheeks before Molly handed her a package, wrapped rather lovely. 

"Merry Christmas Dear. You're always welcome to write to us. Percy praises your attitude, and it's so wonderful to hear about your kindness." Rose mumbled about doing the simple things but at that time she looked to Mr. Weasley, while Ginny turned red seeing the package. She looked up to him before stating, "I'm sorry about Diagon Alley. I had no idea-" Mr. Weasley seemed to cower slightly seeing Mrs. Weasley looked at him, "Don't worry. We both got off on the wrong foot." Rose smiled as she looked towards the family before hearing her mother's frantic korean calling out for her. Rose excused herself bidding Ginny a goodbye before shouting back, "Omma! Appa!" Rose was enveloped in a tight hug, a loud POP sound and the weasley's had disappeared. Her mother was kissing her face and smiled, "Did you grow again? You're so big now!" Rose laughed as she joined her mother and father on their way to a taxi to the London Heathrow airport. Rose was back into the muggle world, and now the airport felt rather silly.

"We are flying the usual First class dear." Rose nodded as she checked her suitcase in and followed her dad and mother to the security. Rose placed her bag on the scanner and walked through the metal detector, her mother and father were displaying the passports. After a small talk with a guard Rose was following her family towards the gate, as the plane was scheduled to take off in 25 minutes. Rose was holding her mother's hand tightly as her mom began the usual chat about her times at Hogwarts. Rose was led on the plane after she discussed halloween and Myrtle before she gasped, "I'm sitting alone?" Rose turned towards her mother and father who sat in the middle and held each other's hand, "Yes, we decided you're old enough to sit in a window seat." Rose smiled before she leapt into the seat, her flight went rather smoothly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! I'm so sorry for the late updates recently! November was a rough month and I was not mentaly avalable for most of it!

Thank you to everyone who coments or even just reads. It means so much to me being able to see someone intrested in my stories.

Sending all of you good wishes

SR

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 115 26
/// Everybody watched in awe as an irresistible gorgeous girl walked out of the doors of great hall. /// Y/n Goldmoon was a transfer student from Ame...
1.2K 29 35
This story is about a girl named y/n riddle, she fell in love with Cedric diggory, but still loves Draco, she soon learns how toxic Draco is but agai...
640K 11.3K 52
Draco Malfoy is known to be the bad boy of Slytherin. He has a close group of friends consisting only of Slytherins. He finds it hard to meet his par...
686 33 15
Harry and Liv have been childhood best friends but there may be something deeper in their connection. Things get complicated when she starts attendin...