Celebrity Crush

By chrissybaeevans

Y/n is an aspiring actress, who has recently finished filming a movie with Tom Holland. After multiple press... More

Chapter One
Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty One: Part 2
Chapter Twenty One: Part 3
Chapter Twenty One: Part 4
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Two: Part 2
Chapter Twenty Two: Part 3
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Three: Part 2
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Seven: Part 2
Short Story: Broken Home
Chapter Twenty Seven: Part 3
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Twenty Nine: Part 2
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Four: Part 2
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Five: Part 2
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven*
Chapter Thirty Seven: Part 2
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty*
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Three: Part 2
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven: Part 1
Chapter Seventy Seven: Part 2
Chapter Seventy Eight
Chapter Seventy Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty: Part 2
Chapter Eighty: Part 3
Chapter Eighty One
Epilogue
Bonus β€’ Teaching Nena Spanish
Bonus β€’ Tom babysits Sienna
Moodboards πŸ’‹
Bonus β€’ Chaos Walking Audition 🎬
Bonus β€’ Chris & Y/n Visit The Late Night Show
Bonus β€’ The...Binky.
What If? #1
Bonus β€’ Sienna Picks Her Favorite Person
What If? #2
Bonus β€’ Daddy's Little Pumpkin πŸŽƒ
Deleted Chapter #1
Bonus β€’ Interviewing Sienna Raine
Bonus β€’ Mexico Trip! πŸ‡²πŸ‡½
Bonus β€’ The Twins Fight Sleep πŸŒ™
Deleted Chapter #2
Bonus β€’ Girls Night Out πŸ’‹
Character Aesthetics 🌟
Celebrity Crush Playlist 🎧
The End...or Is It?

Chapter Fifty Eight

15.9K 273 871
By chrissybaeevans

••

Warnings: Angst, Fluffy fluff, majority of this chapter is Chris's POV.

I was gonna end on a cliffhanger, but you guys don't like those and I'm scared of being 'hunted' down LMAO

but ily guys 💕

So, without further ado....

Buckle. Your. Seatbelts.

👶

••

"You can open your eyes now, Tom."

I tell Tom as he stands at the very top of the gurney to avoid seeing my lady area again.

I don't even wanna look down there myself, it probably looks rough.

"Okay, baby mama, we're gonna wait a bit for Maira to come back and for the Dr.Montgomery to come in. Anything you might want?"

"Something for the pain, please. I-I'm so tired." I beg her.

"I'll give you a small dose of opioids. Or would you want an epidural? I can do that, too."

"No," I sigh, "I just need a something to edge the pain off, please."

My eyes were heavy, and I just had to close them.

"Y/n?" Tom, squeezes my hand.

"Y/n, babe, gotta stay awake." Cristi comes back with the small dose of opioids.

"I'm just so tired," my head rolls to the side of the bed wanting so badly to fall asleep.

She injected the drugs into my IV line, and it felt so good to not have this heaviness and tightness around my belly. And the shooting pain in my back was subsiding along with the horrible pain between my legs.

"You're Tom, right?" Cristi asks him.

"Yeah."

"Please have her stay awake, we can't have her falling asleep. Can you think of something to distract her until we can find her husband?"

Their voices seemed like miles away yet I was so close to them.

"Y-yeah! Um," Tom looks down at me, "Y/n, wanna try Chris again? M-Maybe his agent? Do you have his agent's number?"

My eyes peeled open and the lightbulb in my head lights up.

"Hand me your phone Tom." I motion Tom to hand over his phone while he gets it out of his pocket.

Cristi smiles in relief that I'm awake and talking.

Once I had his phone in my hands, I start dialing Nate's number.

It rang twice before he answered it, since he's always expecting calls from new recruits.

"Hello, this is Nate Odinson, representative, agent and—'

'—Nate, it's Y/n."

"Y/n, hey hun, what's wrong?" He notices the strain in my voice.

"WHAT'S WRONG IS THAT I AM HAVING A BABY, AND I NEED MY HUSBAND AND HE'S NOT ANSWERING HIS PHONE BECAUSE OF THAT BULLSHIT RULE OF KEEPING IT AWAY IN YOUR TRAILER. NOW I NEED YOU TO BRING HIM HERE! NOW!"

"Y/n, I-I can't, he's in the middle of filming right now. This is a really big deal for him. The directors are really hardcore—"

He lowers his voice as I hear more voices in the background, but he just ticked me off.

"—NATHANIEL, YOU KNOW WHAT'S A BIG DEAL? THE BIRTH OF HIS CHILD. I DONT CARE ABOUT THE DIRECTORS, THEY KNEW CHRIS AND I WERE EXPECTING WHEN THEY SIGNED HIM UP FOR THE SHOW..."

"....NOW I SUGGEST YOU PULL HIM OUT FROM FILMING WHATEVER FUCKING SCENE AND GET HIS ASS HERE. I AM NOT HAVING THIS BABY WITHOUT HIM, HE KNOWS THIS!" I scream into the phone and hang up on Nate.

Cristi, my nurse and Tom stared at me in shock.

"Well, that's normal for mama's giving birth, they are very determined on what they want." Cristi giggles, but I'm not in the giggling mood.

** CHRIS'S POV **

"You should be scared, I'm scared!" I yell.

We were on our last scene of the night, and I was so excited to home and sleep with Y/n.

I have to cherish these moments of her and I, since the baby is going to be coming soon and then it's going to be the three of us instead of just me and my wife.

"I'm sorry. Tori, Oscar." My agent interrupts the scene. And apologizes to the directors.

The camera stops rolling and the backstage crew is taking a deep sigh of annoyance since we have to repeat this scene once again.

"What is it Nate?" One of the directors, Oscar turns to look at Nate who looked like he just got yelled at.

This is my first time working with directors Oscar and Tori, they're very hardcore, liked to get shit down and DO NOT like being interrupted especially when we're in the middle of filming.

"I-I need Chris for a second."

"We were in the middle of a scene." The other director tells him.

Nate doesn't say anything, so the directors tell everyone to take 5.

Everyone goes their separate ways to take a 5 minute break. While, I walk towards my agent, scared that something has happened.

Y/n and the baby, was all I was thinking about. I was hoping that they were okay and that Nate had good news.

Nate pulls me aside, away from everyone.

"Chris, um Y/n called me and..."

"What is it, Nate?" I'm so scared right now, heart beating out of my chest.

"...you're gonna be a dad, dude. Your baby is on the way. Y/n's at the hospital as we speak."

Oh my god it was happening!

The moment I've waited ever since I found out Y/n, my baby, was pregnant with my child.

I'm gonna meet my baby girl today.

But I had a million questions, who took her to the hospital? How long has it been? Have they been calling my phone?

"WHAT!" I smile along with a nervous laugh, "oh my god, I'm gonna be a dad! Oh my god."

"Yeah. Now, please get your ass in a taxi and get to that hospital before your wife slices my throat in my sleep."

"What about Oscar and Tori?" I ask about the directors.

"Ah, I'll take care of them. Your wife's giving birth and she needs you ASAP."

I hug Nate before running to my dressing room to grab my phone, and all my stuff.

Then I remembered my car was in a parking garage at the first location. Which was 30 minutes away.

Fuck.

I run out to the street to see if I could wave down a cab.

I'm feeling so much sensations, happy, nervous, scared, excited.

I whistle down a cab, and it stopped right before my feet. I popped into the back, and shouted:

"I need you to take me to Boston Med, ASAP!"

"Hello, sir," the driver was a small old man, "where are headed?"

"Boston med! My wife is about to have my baby!"

"Oh, congratulations. I love babies!"

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" I smile, because I'm so fucking happy but scared I won't make it in time.

I was only about 20 minutes away from the hospital, but it felt like hours.

What if I didn't make it in time? I'd never forgive myself if I miss the birth of my first baby with Y/n.

I can't imagine how long Y/n's been in pain without me there to help and make her feel better.

God, I should've listened to her when she said I'd be filming when the baby decided to come.

I should've stayed home with her these past couple days, but since her due date was so far away - a few weeks away actually - I thought it'd be safe to keep filming.

Never ever, I am gonna make that mistake again.

Because I wanna be the one to grab the overnight bag, and carefully help her in the car, while I distract her from the pain with horrible dad jokes on the ride to the hospital.

I wanna be the one she painfully grabs onto as she tries her best to push our baby into the world.

If we ever have more kids - I'm sure we will - this won't happen with them.

Oh my, Y/n and I haven't even picked out a name!

This baby really caught us off guard, already keeping us on our toes.

5 minutes left in the ride and I called everyone I know.

My mom, Scarlett, my sisters, RDJ, my brother Scott.

Called everyone to tell them the good news.

I even called Liam, who was absolutely joyful when I told him Y/n is going into labor.

I also called Y/n's agent Sara, who's also like a mom to her, and told her what was going on.

She ended up yelling at me because I wasn't with Y/n, and proceeded to insult me.

After calling everyone, I was wrapping up a convo with my mom, who was so excited to be a grandma again.

"Yes, mom! I'm on my way now." I speak into my phone, "I-I was filming, I couldn't answer."

We come to a stop, and I'm confused as to why. I said goodbye to my mom, and look up to see all the cars and trucks in front of us.

Traffic. Jam.

"What's wrong?" I ask the small old man.

"Looks like they closed the bridge."

Fuck me, was all I kept thinking. I hand the man $50 and thank him.

And just my luck it started to pour. Hard.

Gotta love Boston weather.

It's like the universe doesn't want to allow me to see the birth of my baby.

"Sir, where are you going?"

"We're only three blocks out from the hospital, I'll run them. Thanks for the ride."

"But sir, it's raining very hard. It's not safe to."

"Sir, my baby is possibly being born right now and my wife will kill me if I'm not there. No I'm serious, she will literally kill me."

I explain to him, swinging the back door open. I began my run to the hospital which was located just before getting onto the bridge.

"Excuse me! Sorry! Excuse me!" I said as I pushed passed many people on the busy streets.

I was soaked, my pants were soaked, my hair, everything.

The thunder claps echoed through the busy streets, and the lightening lit up the dark night, as it poured and poured.

It was 10pm now, and it seemed like it was around 4 in the afternoon. With the amount of people on the streets.

I arrived to the hospital, and run in the main entrance.

I jog up to the front desk, my shoes making a squishy sound - where there was the admitting nurse and another nurse.

"Excuse me, I'm sorry for interrupting. But my wife is having a baby, and I really need to know where she is."

"Oh, Um, she just gave birth I'm so sorry. I looked for you in the system." She explains to me in a heavy accent and my heart sinks into my stomach.

I missed it.

The most beautiful thing in the world and I missed it.

"Fuck," I say under a breath, I'm so pissed at myself right now.

Another older nurse approaches the desk.

"Maira, the husband of our triplet patient, Mr.Maurici."

I looked at the one nurse in complete shock.

I am definitely not Mr.Maurici, and I'm sure Y/n is definitely not having triples so that means she might still be in labor!

"Jenna, this is not the husband of our triplet patient, this is Mr.Evans, for the love of god, I've been looking all over for you, sir."

Maira looks at me, with relief in her eyes. And proceeds to shake my hand.

"Sorry about that mix up, Jenna is new around here and she doesn't speak much English. And obviously doesn't know who you are. But I do, I'm Maira, your wife's delivery nurse."

"Nice to meet you, is she still in labor? I came as fast as I could. It's pouring out and I had to run here."

We shake hands. Then the powers goes out, just for a few second before the generators kick in.

All I kept thinking was that Y/n didn't like thunder that much and I had to go to her, as soon as I could.

"Jeez, I didn't know the storm was happening tonight..." Maira lightheartedly tells me, "..You're just in time, honey. Follow me, your wife is right this way. She's been yelling at everyone, especially that poor kid, Tom, to find you."

I chuckle softly, at the change of Y/n's personality. She's usually very calm and collective I can't picture her screaming at doctors or Tom, for that matter.

I walk with her, side by side, to where my Y/n is.

"My assistant nurse is in there with her, along with her best friend, Tom?"

I nod, "that's right."

"She's almost at 10 cm, then she'll be ready to push. But she's refusing to and fighting the pain waiting for you."

We speed walk to where I assume Y/n's room is.

"Right in here, Mr.Evans."

I open the door as fast as I could and walk in...

** Y/N'S POV **

A couple minutes went by when Dr.Montgomery finally entered the room. Dr.Karev following behind him.

The power had came back after a few seconds, but it made me even more nervous that there was a storm outside and Chris still hasn't arrived.

"Jeezus, Doc, please get this baby out of me." I screw my eyes shut.

"Hi, honey, sorry I was with another patient, I wasn't expecting you until a couple weeks from today..."

He says, looking at my chart with my info on it, and checking the baby's heartbeat along with mine.

"....they told me you were 9 millimeters dilated so I'm just gonna check again, okay honey?"

"Okay." I nod.

He sits in a chair and moves closer to my legs that were up and out for everyone to see.

But Tom was still hiding behind my gurney, but still holding my hand. He's been so helpful, and I couldn't ask for a better friend.

"You're gonna feel a lot of pressure, I'm just gonna measure how dilated you are with my fingers."

Again, I give him a nod of confirmation.

He pushes his fingers inside me, but since my cervix is literally stretched out to the max, I barely felt it.

A couple seconds later, and he takes his glove covered fingers out.

"Okay, Miss Y/n, let's have a baby."

"NO! Chris isn't here!--" I shake my head, vigorously, "--please, Doc, can we wait a bit long—AGGHHHHH!!"

Another contraction hits my body like a wave.

"We're gonna head out to delivery room." Montgomery tells the staff of nurses.

"NO! PLEASE HES NOT HERE!"

My blood pressure starts to rise again as I hear the machine beep loudly.

"Y/n please calm down, he'll be here soon I promise." Tom tries to help me, relax.

"What if he got into an accident, Tom? With that storm out there? He probably began rushing to make it in time and he probably got into an accident or worse Nate hasn't even told him! God I'm going to kill both of them!" I shout, breathless due to the pain.

"Y/n, please let the doctors help you, please calm down to avoid hurting the baby, I promise Chris probably okay and on his way."

"I can't do it, Tom. Not without him!," I shake my head. Feeling another contraction, "This baby is just gonna have to wait—AGGHHH!"

"Honey, please we have to go now. This baby isn't going to wait for Chris, and I'm sorry he isn't here—"

"—I'm here! I'm here!"

Chris comes out from behind the curtains and it was like an angel stepping out of heaven.

A very soaked angel. He's out of breath, it seemed like he ran a few blocks.

He immediately starts looking for me, and when he finds me I know he's relieved.

"Oh my love, hi, I'm sorry," Chris rushes to be by my side kissing the top of my head, "Hi everyone, I'm the dad, sorry I'm late." He laughs weakly the nurses joining him in laughing. "I usually don't send Tom to these sort of things."

One thing about Chris is he can definitely make people smile and laugh. He just has that advantage.

But right now I am not in the mood to be laughing, Christopher!

I let go of Tom's hand and reach for Chris's.

"Ahh..." Tom winces in pain, bringing his other hand to comfort the one I was holding on to for so long. My fingers literally making bruises. He shakes it a bit to see if that would help with the cramping pain.

But he knows better than to complain since a baby is trying to exit me through my lady parts.

"Chris, what took you so long?" I hold his hand, closing my eyes in relief, bringing it up to my lips to kiss his finger.

I felt like I could breathe and now I'm ready to have this baby.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. But I'm here now. I'm here. Oh my god I thought I was gonna be late."

"Just in time." I shake my head, eyes watering at the burn again in between my legs again.

Our foreheads touch and he's kissing my hand and my face all over.

"Okay, you two, let's have this baby!"

Dr.Montgomery and the rest of the nurses cheered, making me smile and Chris smiled too. Even tearing up a bit.

While they rolled me out, Chris thanked Tom for being there for me. Then he was rushing again to be next to me.

We were in the delivery room in less than a minute.

Where Dr.Montgomery was putting on gloves and all this personal protective equipment.

The small dose of opioids was definitely wearing off because the contractions were coming back and in full effect.

"AAAGGHHHHHH!!!"

This time 10x more intense than before. I felt myself stretching like I had to push something out.

Chris was next to my head, whispering soft praises into my ear, and using a dry cloth which a nurse handed to him, to collect the sweat on my face.

I could tell he was nervous because he had taken off his jacket, and was gently caressing my fingers.

He only ever does that when he's nervous.

My eye lashes were damp and stuck to one another from how much I've been tearing up because of the pain, my palms are sweaty along with my forehead - strands of my hair stuck to it, but Chris brushed them away anytime hair accumulated there.

Dr.Montgomery gives Maira a nod and she turns to face me. Her along with another nurse are holding my legs up towards my chest in order for the baby to just slide right out.

"Okay, Y/n, ready mama? I want you to push while I count down from 10. You're gonna breathe in and as you breathe out your gonna push, babe, m'kay?"

"Okay. Okay." I can't think about anything else but the pain.

"And breathe in."

I do as she says, and on my breathe out she counts to down from 10 and I push with every muscle I have.

I'm screwing my eyes shut, and grasping onto Chris's hand and the railing to the hospital bed with my other hand.

"And 1!" Maira tells me to stop, "good job, mama!"

I'm breathing heavy, this sharp feeling inside back and worse than before.

But I look at Chris who's looking at me with absolute love in his eyes.

Giving me that closed mouth smile of his. Blue eyes twinkling just as bright as the day that he kissed me for the first time.

In this moment I'm not thinking about all the nurses and doctors looking at me in between my legs, I'm thinking about Chris and how amazing it's gonna be watching him play with our baby, going on vacations with our little family, seeing Chris change diapers and make bottles.

How worth it, it's gonna be seeing him become a dad.

But still my heart is heavy, because I want my mom.

The woman who's raised me ever since I was a baby. The woman who went to all my plays at school, the one who packed my lunches, the one who chaperoned field trips, the one who taught me how to swim, how to ride a bike, what not to mix in the washing machine...I'd want her here.

Watching the birth of her grandchild. And I regret not reaching out because now I have to do this myself, and not just giving birth, but after - when I take the baby home.

How often do I have to feed them? What if they don't latch onto me to eat? What if they don't stop crying?

As much as I love Chris, and I'm happy he's here, a girl still wants her mom in this delivery room.

"Chris," I say under a breath.

"Yes, baby?" He whispers back.

"I-I can't." I stare back at his ocean eyes, filled with so much love.

"Yes you can, my love. You're doing it and you're so strong. So so strong." He kisses my temple.

"N-no, I-I want my mom." I shake my head, this overwhelming feeling roaming my body.

I don't wanna push anymore, there's no energy, it's ran out, not even, the tank is broken and there's no fixing it.

"Okay, Mama, I'm gonna need another push."

Maira didn't hear the convo between Chris and I.

"I can't, Maira." I turn to look at her.

"C'mon Y/n, honey, you can, remember what I told you?"

I look at Chris on my other side, "I want my mom." I start crying, and a lot. "I want my mom."

The feeling of pushing came back again, and Maira strongly encouraged me to do so.

So I did, I used all the strength I had left in me, all the energy and I did one big final push.

Lisa came bursting through the doors.

"Oh sweetheart!" She rushes over to me, standing near Chris.

"Mom." I mumble softly smiling, as my eyes flutter because I'm having a hard time staying awake.

I just feel so tired.

"I'm here. What do you need?" She gently grazes my arm.

"Mom?" Maira asks her, and Lisa says yes. "Okay, come here take over for me."

Lisa switches spots with Maira, so she's now holding my leg up.

"Y/n, you gotta stay awake baby," Chris caresses my cheek.

"Tired," I mumble, "so tired."

"Y/n, honey, I know your mom isn't here but I am. And I wasn't kidding when I said I'd be here for you. You're my daughter now, and I won't rest one second if I knew you needed help. I'm here, sweetie, I'm here."

"You're...the....best." I manage to say, my eyes alternating between opening and closing.

All I wanted to do was fall asleep. Into this deep sleep where I simply don't feel anything anymore...

"Baby, please, stay with me."

Chris's voice was like an echo and it was the last thing I heard before it all went black...

And I simply felt nothing anymore...

** CHRIS'S POV **

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Was the sound the monitor that was hooked onto Y/n was making.

She closed her eyes a few seconds ago and hasn't opened them since.

"Maira!" I call for the older nurse.

Her along with two other nurses were already walking over.

They started looking at her vitals, heartbeat, blood pressure.

"What's happening?" Dr.Montgomery asked them. And I wanted to know the same.

"Exactly what I feared was going to, we gotta get her in the OR. If we wanna save both of them." Maira tells him, as she's preparing to roll Y/n away.

"S-save both—I'm sorry what?" I'm shocked, absolutely baffled at what she said.

There's no chance in hell that I'm leaving this hospital without my baby or my wife.

"Is she gonna be alright?!" My mom is now freaking out. So am I.

Maira is too busy telling the other nurses where to go as they rushed to get her out of the delivery room and into an operation room.

"I don't wanna leave her." I kissed Y/n's hand multiple times, while the nurses rolled her to the elevator.

"Mr.Evans please, we need to act fast if we want to save your baby and your wife."

Dr.Montgomery was helping push the gurney to the elevator.

I stood behind, after kissing Y/n one last time as they took her away.

Maira pointed at me to get my attention because I was so focused on Y/n, so scared for her. "We won't all fit in the elevator. Take the stairs to the 3rd floor. I'll meet you there so you can change."

I understand and nod - I don't know how since, I'm in complete shock.

All of a sudden the delivery room was empty.

Where my wife, my best friend, my lover was trying her best to give birth to our baby, one second she was here - the next they were rushing her to an OR and I still have yet to find out why.

"Chris, honey, C'mere." My mom hugs me into her arms, "Go be there for them, everything is gonna be alright."

"She w-wants her mom, I-I don't know what—"

"—shhh baby, I know she does. And it's okay, if you were giving birth to a baby would you want me there or Y/n's mom there?"

"I-I guess you, but your like a second mom to her."

"Exactly, sweetie, I always will be second because I wasn't the one who raised her. You can't just forget about your mom overnight and pretended she never existed. I will always love Y/n and treat her as my own. But in moments like these it's understandable why she wants her mom..."

"...now go, just in case Y/n wakes up and you're not there. Everything is gonna be alright, Chris."

I smile at her faintly, before running to go to the stairs, I make my way to the third floor where Maira was waiting for me with this blue gown and hat.

"Where's my wife? Is she okay?" I bombarded her with questions.

"She's stable, weak pulse, but we have a heartbeat, two in fact so that's all that matters."

"But, but why did she fall asleep." I ask, "she was doing good, wasn't she?"

Maira makes a sigh, "Yes, she's a trooper that girl. But considering this was her first, she's overwhelmed with some many different emotions, I guess the stress of not having you there, and the pain. It was too much for her, it burned her out real quick like a match."

"So, what's wrong with her?"

"To make it more clearer for you, she simply can't push the baby out by herself, so Doctor Montgomery is gonna try another way by delivering the baby through an incision through the abdomen."

I finished getting dressed to walk into the OR.

"It's amazing the way you two love each other." Maira says tying the string behind my back, "It's wonderful. Having seen two people love each other like that in a long time."

"What can I say, she's the love of my life, the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Maira leads me to the OR room, where Y/n was on a padded table and had an oxygen mask on, she looked asleep. There was a big blue curtain separating me from whatever Montgomery was doing.

"She's half awake and half asleep, little drowsy with the pain meds we gave her. But she can still hear and see." Maira explains.

I sat down next to Y/n's head, she was staring up at me with those big doe eyes of hers.

"You look funny." She says through her oxygen mask, extremely loopy.

"Do I?" I smirk under my mask that they had me put on before entering, I carefully caressed her beautiful face.

"Mhm." She flutters her eyes, "like a smurf."

Maira was attending the doctor with whatever he needed.

I let out a soft chuckle and felt relieved that Y/n was awake and talking to me.

God I never wanted her to stop talking.

The procedure they were doing they had to do it fast before Y/n bled out, or even worst her body shut down completely.

"I'm right here, baby." I speak into Y/n's hand, "I'm right here."

"Chris?" She turned her head to face me.

"Yes, princess?" I lower my mask to gently kiss any skin I could come in contact with on her palm.

"Last...last chance to lock in your answer, for....for the gender." She's so tired, I can see it in her eyes, and the way she's slurring her words.

She knows me well to know that I'm nervous and scared shitless right now. Everything is happening so fast and when I leave this hospital I'm going to be a father.

Since I'm nervous, and she knows I am, she's talking to me to attempt to make me feel better.

And that's why I love her, before herself she puts me in front of her.

"C'mon, sweetheart, it's a girl. I know it is."

Y/n smirks, finding it hard to open her eyes completely.

"Final answer?" She says again.

"That's my final answer, baby." I smile, as she grabs my hand tightly.

"Can you play with my fingers? Just how you did on our date....our very first date?" Y/n speaks softly and it's hard to hear since she was the oxygen mask on, but I understand.

"Of course I can." I nod, beginning to rub my fingers over hers. Just how I did, on our drive back from the mountain that day we went out to our favorite restaurant in LA.

Doctor Montgomery was speaking all these medical terms, and asking for all these different kinds of medical instruments.

A few minutes went by, besides the quietness to the room, the monitors were good, I noticed the lovebug's heartbeat was normal and so was Y/n's.

"Chris," Y/n squeezes my hand in order to grab my attention.

I look at her, letting her know I'm all ears.

"If something happens, and you have to choose between me and the baby," she starts to tear up.

"No, no, don't say that my love, because that's not what's gonna happen. We're gonna leave this hospital a happy little family, the three of us."

"If complications arise...something...happens...."

A tear escaped from my left eye. Can't even bear the thought of losing Y/n or my child for that matter. She weakly reaches over with her other arm to clean the tears off of my face.

"....Promise me, Chris. Please." She begs me, squeezing my hand even tighter.

"I-I can't." I'm wiping my tears with my other hand.

"Promise me if she's a girl you won't send her to school with a crazy hairstyle unless it's crazy hair day, promise me you'll read her a story every night before she goes to sleep, promise me you'll teach her how to swim,"

"Y/n.." I shake my head, pleading her to stop.

"... if he's a boy please don't be mad if they don't want to play football. Promise me you'll support him in whatever they wanna do even if it's not meeting Tom Brady one day."

"Baby, please, please don't do this." I'm crying into her hand at this point.

"....boy or girl, please raise them to be a good person, just like you, baby. A person who's soul is too good for this world. I want them to be like you, Chris. Promise me....please..."

"I won't have to promise you, my love, because you're going to be there to raise them with me."

It hurts seeing her like this, in pain, thinking she's going to die, having her say her final goodbye to me.

The amount of emotions im feeling right now, is crazy. Never have I felt so scared, so happy yet so fucking nervous in my life.

"My body is tired, Chris, it's so tired." Was all she said before she closed her eyes again. But kept opening and closing them.

I let her rest a bit, as I kept my eyes on the monitor. Making sure it didn't start to beep.

I hope everything goes well and smoothly. If it does I'll be leaving this hospital with my beautiful wife and my child.

A few minutes later and Doctor Montgomery, pulled my baby out.

"Okay! Baby is out!" He announces.

Here it is, the moment I'm going to meet the other love of my life, apart from my sweet Y/n, of course.

"You heard that, my love? Our baby is here. They're here!" I whisper onto her ear, she's still opening and closing her eyes slowly.

"Here?" She mumbles, out.

"Mhm," I tear up some more and look at her again. She's so beautiful, so fucking strong and I can't wait to raise our child with her.

The doctor, "okay, Chris what do you think it is?"

Montgomery asked me, while he was suction up something on the other side of the blue curtain.

"It's a girl, right, doc?"

"And what does mom, think it is?"

"Y/n, baby," I squeeze her hand to make her stay awake.

"Hm?" She tries her best to open her beautiful eyes.

"Hey honey, you did an amazing job! Baby is out, and everything is gonna be okay, I'm stitching you back up now."

Dr.Montgomery speaks above the curtain barrier, smiling down at Y/n.

She nods, and weakly puts her thumb up.

"Final say in the gender, Y/n, what do you think it is?" The doc kept speaking to her.

I was so anxious to see what it is, if it's a boy I wouldn't even care I'll love him so so much, and with Y/n by my side we'll be the happiest family.

A family I've always dreamed of having.

Y/n gently removes her oxygen masks in order to speak more clearly.

"I-I'm gonna...say...it's a boy." She says, breathlessly.

I smile and chuckle softly at her, "You did so good, my love. Thank you, for making me a dad."

She moves her head carefully so that's she's facing me.

"No....thank you for making me a mom...."

She half smiles, her eyes still not able to stay open.

"...you're finally a dada, Chris."

"Yeah, and you're a mama." I smile big and kiss her on the cheek, lowering my mask once again.

"Okay, you two! Look at your baby."

He holds the baby above the blue barrier.

"Oh my god, honey, look." I try to get Y/n's attention again.

She looks at the small baby, a baby her and I made. And she's smiling.

Finally, smiling for the first time tonight, since she's been in a lot of pain.

"C'mon Doc, tell me, I'm almost fainting from the anticipation."

"Alright, alright..."

He lifts them up again for us to see.

"Congratulations guys, you have a beautiful baby girl."

He showed us one last time, and I fell in love with her instantly. She's so small, but so beautiful and strong just like her mom.

"Y/n," I shake her a bit to wake her up, realizing she fell asleep again and didn't hear the amazing news that I wanted to run out and scream to the world.

I was practically jumping up and down inside, filled with joy.

"Hmm?" She's so groggy.

"Guess what, sweetheart? It's a girl. A girl!" I smile, happy tears falling from my eyes.

"A girl?" Y/n whispers again, as if she's trying to process what I said.

"It's a girl, baby, I was right." I nod my head. "She looks just like you."

Y/n uses her other hand to take her oxygen mask off.

"Kiss me, Chris." She says weakly, but I only have to be told once.

I lower my mask again and bend down to kiss her lips, gently a couple times because I miss kissing her with everything that's happened. And it's like that's exactly what she needed for a boost of energy.

We were so overwhelmed with joy, about having a daughter. That Y/n realized something.

There was no crying.

"Chris, why isn't she crying?!" She asks me, pain in her eyes.

"I-I don't know—"

"—go, Chris, go be with her. Stay with her."

Y/n is breathless, but trying so hard to stay awake.

I hesitate on leaving Y/n, but she insisted I go check on our baby.

So I agree and I give her one kiss on her hand and multiple ones on her lips. As I stand to see what's wrong with my lovebug.

"What's wrong Maira?"

Maira had this suction tool in the baby's mouth. Attentively checking the baby's monitors.

"Just a second, Mr.Evans."

"Why isn't she crying?!"

Then she switched to rubbing the baby's chest.

"MAIRA!" I raise my voice just a bit, I want answers damn it.

That's my kid.

"Just a second!" She looks carefully on the heart monitor, "There!"

As soon as she said that the baby started crying and I have never felt more relived in my life.

I looked back at Y/n and she was crying, glad to have heard the baby cry as well.

I rush back to Y/n, while Maira wraps the baby up in a small blanket, after removing all that gunk of juices from her small little body.

"Okay dad! Here she is!"

The baby was crying but I was so happy she was. Letting us know that everything was working properly, even those pair of lungs she has.

Maira hands the baby to me, and I'm shaking I'm so scared of dropping her.

But throughout my career I've held lots of babies, that I have met through press tours, junkets, interviews.

But this baby, was mine.

My sweet little princess.

She was all mine and Y/n's.

Ours.

Y/n watches me hold our baby and she's an emotional wreck, happy tears falling from her eyes.

"She's such a cutie!" Maira smiles, helping me hold her properly.

Y/n looks up at Maira, "is she okay?"

The question had more meaning to it, Y/n wanted to know if the baby was completely healthy.

Considering she did deliver before her due date, complications can arise if the baby comes before the 40 weeks.

"Yes, mama, she is a preemie, but she has 10 perfect little fingers and 10 perfect little toes. She's a healthy baby."

I'm so content with the small baby in my arms, I can't process what Maira is telling Y/n.

God, everything was just so small, her fingers, her eyes, her lips (which were Y/n's lips), her nose (definitely my nose), oh my god my brother was right it is the Evans' nose!

She's so small, I never wanted to stop holding her. She's not crying anymore, she stopped as soon as Maira placed her in my arms.

"Oh, she's so beautiful." Y/n says in between cries, watching me and the baby.

"Hi baby girl..."

I cooed softly, and she wiggled around in my arms, moving her little hands, getting a feel for this new environment.

"... it's your dada." I whisper, and she actually reached out for me and touched my face.

As if she was also eager to meet me.

Oh my god, I'm melting inside.

Y/n noticed too, "oh my god, babe, she recognized your voice."

I chuckle softly, so overwhelmed with joy.

"Yes, it's me princess, your Dad, oh I love you so much already."

"Pass her to me Chris, I wanna see her."

I smile as I gently place the baby on Y/n's chest, I immediately saw how relaxed and calm she had became.

Glad that she was okay, and so was our baby girl.

"Hi pretty girl, it's me your mama," Y/n gently fixes the small beanie the baby had on, "you aren't even an hour old yet and your dad is already hogging you."

I laugh, and sniffle at the same time. I bend down to kiss Y/n's forehead. Laying my head gently against hers as we stared down at our beautiful princess.

Maira unfortunately took the baby back to run some tests, make sure everything was really okay. And take note of the baby's height, weight all that sort of thing.

Y/n and I were so content with the baby that we frowned when Maira took her away.

Dr.Montgomery was almost done with stitching Y/n back up.

"Chris, baby," I can Y/n is doing better by the way her eyes are opening normally now, and she's speaking a lot more, "go and tell the family. I'm sure they're about to faint from the excitement."

"But, I wanna stay here with you." I pick her hand up again.

"I'll be okay, Chrissy, I promise, I'll meet you in the recovery room, go and tell your mom, and Nikki and everyone that there's a baby girl addition to the Evans family."

I smile, leaning down to kiss her lips again.

"I love you. I'll be back as soon as I can."

•MINUTES LATER•

I ran down the stairs again and entered the hallway to enter the waiting room. Where it consisted of the majority of my family.

Carly, Stella, baby CJ.

My mom, my dad, Scott.

Shanna, David, my nephews.

Nikki and Nikki's best friend Via.

Tom who was on FaceTime with Scarlett and RDJ.

My agent Nate, my childhood best friends Jake and Zach.

And most importantly Dodger, who was on a leash that was held by Nikki.

They all stood up at the same time, when I entered the waiting room.

All eager to know if Y/n was okay and if the baby has arrived.

I took the blue scrub cap I had on. And stared at all of them.

Nikki had all these big balloons saying 'congratulations' and a gift bag which I assumed is for Y/n.

My mom was waiting patiently for me to say what had happened.

And Tom, was biting his nails nervous on what happened also.

I smile and start shaking my head. My eyes filling up with tears again.

Then I called Stella over. I crouched down to be at her height level.

And she quickly makes her way towards me.

I motion her to come closer with a nod of my head.

"You wanna tell everyone if the baby is a boy or a girl?" I whisper into her ear without anyone else hearing, and she nods fast, so excitedly.

I smile and I whisper into her ear what the gender of the baby is. And I look at everyone who's wondering what the hell I'm doing as I stand tall on my two feet.

Stella turns around to face everyone, she's a bit nervous since she's a quiet kid and doesn't like the attention or stares.

Her little body is pressed into the fronts of my thighs as she walks back towards me and I pat her head gently.

"I'm getting a girl cousin!"

If I could record everyone's reactions, I would. God, everyone was so happy. I've never been so hugged and kissed before in my life.

Never I have heard so many congratulations.

Nikki jumped in my arms, hugging me very tightly. And I hugged her back just as tight.

"I'm gonna be an aunt to a baby girl?" She asks.

"You're gonna be an aunt to a baby girl." I confirm, as she jumps down to stand on her own two feet. Clapping her hands together, squealing in happiness.

"Oh Chris!" My mom comes to hug me too, "Congratulations baby, you're officially a girl dad."

After a while of celebrating, I reassured everyone that Y/n was okay but extremely tired. So she won't be up for any visitors until tomorrow probably.

"So she's okay, man?" Tom pats me on the shoulder after I got done talking with Scarlett and RDJ who were back in LA.

"She's fine, dude. Thank you for being there for her. I can't thank you enough really. I can't even think about what would've happened if she had to drive herself to the hospital—I-I—"

"It's okay, Chris. I'm glad I was here too, I knew I had to fly out, I had this hunch, and sure enough it was because the baby was gonna come soon than expected."

Tom and I smile at each other and he gives me a hug.

"Uncle Chrissy, I'm getting a girl cousin?" Stella pulls on my shirt.

I smile down at her and I pick her up.

"Yes, sweetie, I told you were gonna get one didn't I? Now you have a friend to play barbies with."

She reaches to play with my beard, I guess she likes the prickly friction against her palm.

"Can I play with her now? I brought two barbies. She can have one." She tells me, and shows me the two dolls she holds tightly against her small chest. "And we can play."

I take a deep sigh, and look at Carly who's holding baby CJ and then back at Stella.

"Well, Stella, you see she's really, really small right now and I don't think she'll be able to play today. But I promise you she will as soon as she gets as big as you. Okay?"

Stella is in her thoughts, wondering what this reason was, why can't she play with her new cousin?

It didn't make any sense to her.

She shrugs her shoulders at me, "But, but can you at least tell her that I brought a toy for her to play with. And that I'm waiting to play with her? Will you tell her Uncle Chrissy?"

"Of course, I will babe." I kiss her small cheek and put her down again.

It was currently 1am. So after chatting briefly with my friends and family they all went home one by one, only to be back tomorrow to meet my sweet little girl.

My mom, Scott, Tom and Nikki had stayed.

I showed them pictures that Maira took when they first pulled her out. And then some photos of Y/n and I meeting the baby for the first time.

A little while later and I was headed back to the recovery room where Maira said Y/n and the baby would be.

But when I got here, it was only the lovebug surrounded by nurses. Wiggling to make herself comfortable in the small crib.

"Hey there's your dad!" Cristi, a familiar face, turned around. "She did awesome with all the tests! Everything is perfect."

"Thank you." I thank Cristi, as I walk towards the small crib.

"Hi sweetheart." I smile down at her. She's so so beautiful. Just like her mom. They had changed the small beanie on her head to another beanie with a bow on it.

"Oh look at those lips," I speak in my baby voice, "just like your mama's."

Ugh. Painfully adorable.

"Do you wanna carry her?" Cristi asks, already picking the baby up softly before she even heard an answer from me.

"Can I?"

"Of course you can Mr.Evans, she is all yours."

I smile, as Cristi places the babies in my arms. Making sure I'm holding her properly.

"She's exactly 18 inches long, also 5 lbs and 8 ounces, small little thing but oh so cute."

The baby really was smaller than other babies I've held. CJ, my nephew was 8lbs and 3 ounces when he was born so he was a big boy.

But my baby girl, was born early and she's considered premature.

She's very little, but I love her so much.

After Cristi ran a few more tests on the baby while I held her, Cristi used her stethoscope to jot down the baby's heart rate.

She said we needed to do skin to skin contact so that the baby could connect with me, in a way?

I'm not sure, When Cristi was explaining I zoned out just staring at the baby's small nose, and small face.

But I quickly understood, and I handed the baby back to her so I could take my shirt off.

Cristi was younger than Maira, I'd say maybe about 30.

So I wasn't surprised when she just stood there staring at me.

"Okay, sweet girl, C'mere." I say, softly taking the baby from her arms. "Come to dada."

A couple seconds later and she's still staring.

I laugh, and it felt good to. Since this night has been scary and emotional.

"S-Sorry." Shes embarrassed, the way her pale cheeks flush red.

"It's no problem." I answer her, while still look down at the lovebug.

Few minutes pass and Cristi received a call through her pager. She said she'd be right back after telling the other nurse something I couldn't understand.

After Cristi left me and one other nurse, I realize I didn't get a chance to ask for my wife.

This baby girl is already doing things to me and she can't even talk or walk yet.

"Excuse me, do you know where my wife is?" I ask, the nurse I was left with since Maira or Cristi isn't here.

"S-Sir I'm sorry, I-I don't know."

The way she stuttered made me feel uneasy.

She was definitely younger than the other ones, straight out of nursing school.

I didn't have a chance to process when Maira came and stood at the door. Looking at me like I was a sad and lonely puppy.

Pitying me.

"Where's my wife, Maira?" I ask, gently swaying my daughter back and forth in my arms.

Maira just stood there, "Where's Y/n?" I'm starting to freak out.

"Where is she?!" I raise my voice a bit causing the small bundle of joy in my arms to cry noticing the change of tone in my voice, "oh no, I'm sorry, princess, dada didn't mean to yell."

I rock the baby slowly back and forth in my arms by swaying my body, still looking at Maira wondering why she doesn't wanna answer me.

Millions of scenarios rushing through my head, some good, some bad.

"Maira, please, where is my wife?" I ask again quietly.

"Calm down, Christopher."

Y/n speaks as she gets rolled in by Maira.

"Oh my god, thank you." I close my eyes in relief, thinking something horrible had happened while I was gone.

"Always gotta think the worse." Y/n rolls her eyes playfully, but she's giggling which is music to my ears.

"Well, when Maira is just standing there and giving me that "I'm sorry but your wife died" look!"

"Hey," Maira sets Y/n up in the room were in, "she told me to do it."

"I did," Y/n giggles mischievously, "heheh."

"Not funny, at all, sweetheart." I shake my head and walk over with our baby still in my arms, to kiss her forehead.

"Alright you guys, I'll give you two some time with your new bundle of joy. And I'll be right back to show you the ropes okay honey?" Maira silences her pager that was beeping.

"Okay, Maira. Thank you."

"You did good, Y/n. I knew you could do it. And it's all worth it in the end right?"

Y/n looks at me, and then at the baby wiggling her little hands around and then back at Maira.

"Definitely, worth every second." Y/n smiles up at me. And so do I.

Maira eventually leaves the room. And now it's just me, my wife and my daughter.

"Wanna hold her, baby?" I ask

"Of course, I do." Y/n sits up properly, "C'mere sweet girl."

I carefully hand her off to her mama, and take a seat in the chair next to them.

"Hi, there." Y/n gently caresses the baby's chin.

"She's beautiful just like you."

"I guess you were right after all, handsome. She really was a girl the whole time." Y/n, snuggles the baby, rubbing her nose against the baby's nose softly.

"I'm a baby whisperer, what can I say." I shrug my arms, making Y/n giggle.

"I love you, Chris." Y/n reaches with one arm to softly squeeze my cheek.

"And I love you, so much." I take her hand and kiss it.

"C'mere." She pats the hospital bed.

"Oh I don't know sweetheart, we won't fit." I'm hesitant, mostly because I don't wanna hurt Y/n.

"Nonsense, babe. There's room both of us." She carefully scoots over with the baby still in her arms.

She's such a good baby, so quiet, or maybe it's because she's in her mom's arms.

Anyway, I slip in right next to Y/n in the hospital, and sure enough we did both fit.

Y/n laid her head on my shoulder as we looked down at our child.

"She's ours Chris, all ours." My wife looks up at me with those eyes of hers.

I can't help but dip my head down just a bit to catch her lips with mine, in a passionate kiss...

••

A/N💖:

AH YES, MOTHERHOOD HAS ARRIVED!

AND YES IT WAS A GIRL! 💗

In regards to the name, I do have one in mind. But I do want to kind of grab a sense of what kind of names you guys like, so please comments some baby girl names.

➡️

I'll look at all the names and try my best to find one that we all like? Yeah, it sounds hard but for you guys I'll try💕

Also, when I do pick the name, please be respectful of the one I pick. Even though I know there won't be any problems with you guys, because you guys have been so positive and motivating!

Anyway, next chapter I will reveal the name I picked, so please no negative or rude comments on the one I choose!

I hope everyone has either a good morning, a good night, or a good evening! ✨

••

Welcome to the world and this book, Baby Evans! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 1.6K 34
#1 in boston April 27th #1 in evansfamily April 15th #1 in scottevans April 14th #1 in exboyfriend July 8th #5 in sistersbestfriend April 14th "𝓼𝓱�...
523 19 9
Chris is trying to change his life for the better after being in a bad relationship. He ends up meeting 1st grade teacher Jane Daisy and she takes hi...
109K 1.6K 25
includes - smut - angst - fluff chris evans and all of his characters! enjoy <3
66.5K 2.3K 22
After a promising first date, L sends a follow-up text, only to mistakenly reach someone else. This accidental connection triggers a curiosity in L:...