Linked In. A Yugioh Vrains St...

By xyzmountaindragon

As a victim of the lost incident, Hibiki Okida knew that his life would never be the same. Left with nothing... More

Chapter 1: Lost.
Chapter 2: New school.
Chapter 3: Hanoi
Chapter 4: Secrets.
Chapter 5: Infiltration
Chapter 6: Deleted.
Chapter 7: Tower Of Hanoi.
Chapter 8: Revenge.
Bonus Chapter! Chapter 8.5: Romance?
Chapter 10: A New Foe
A/N: 1k Notice And A Few Thank Yous.
Chapter 11: Lies.
Chapter 12: Partners.
Chapter 13: Aqua.
Chapter 14: Trust.
Chapter 15: Ignis.
Chapter 16: Conflict.
Chapter 17: Comfort.
Chapter 18: Recuperation.
Chapter 19: Alliances
Chapter 20: Clash.
Chapter 21: Paths.

Chapter 9: Ruins.

313 8 4
By xyzmountaindragon

Hibiki ran down the street towards his apartment, his phone in one hand.

Hibiki: What do you mean the cyberse was attacked? I thought it was hidden.

Rags: It was, but the destruction of the tower of hanoi allowed it to come out, but someone had already attacked and left it destroyed.

Hibiki: So it wasn't the Hanoi?

Rags: Apparently not.

Hibiki: Then let's get into VRAINS and find out what happened.

Rags: Good idea.

Hibiki entered his apartment and grabbed his duel disc, activating his login chamber and running in.

Hibiki/Rags: Into the vrains!

Hibiki dropped into the network and landed on his board as it appeared below him and as he flew through the skies he saw playmaker dueling an avatar wrapped entirely in light.

Hibiki: That must be the one who took Jin.

Rags: Yes. Maybe he can also provide us with information as to who attacked the cyberse.

???: You won't get to him.

Hibiki turned to see a pair of avatars on duel boards approaching him.

??? #1: I am Byte.

??? #2: And I am Bat.

Byte: We are going to take that Ignis of yours.

Hibiki: Another group after the Ignis. Alright then, let's do this!

Rags: Wait, are you sure? There are two opponents, we can only duel one at a time.

Byte: That isn't an issue. Initiate data fusion!

The two avatars merged and formed a new one.

Rags: They're AI duelists.

Hibiki: Then I won't have to hold back. You're going to tell us everything about who took Jin.

Batbyte: You'll have to beat us first.

Hibiki/Batbyte: Duel!

Batbyte: We shall go first. We summon D-scale Sabre Sardine! Now we pay 500 life to activate its effect and summon a D-scale token. Open our circuit! We summon link-2 D-scale Battle Coela. Now we use the effect of Battle Coela, it moves to the monster zone by its link.

Rags: They're up to something.

Hibiki: Definitely, but why need a monster in the main monster zone?

Batbyte: We activate our skill! When we are at lower life points than you we can activate a link spell from our deck beside the link of one of our monsters!

Rags: Link spell?! What's that?

Batbyte: Three arrows that judge the world! Judgement arrows! We now activate Battle Coela's effect again, moving it next to its link marker. We end our turn.

Rags: They're trying to make it hard for us to use Mekk-knights, then let's bring it to them Partner.

Hibiki: Read my mind, I draw! I activate the spell card World Legacy Survivor. I excavate the top 5 cards of my deck and a World Legacy monster I reveal to my hand, but the rest go to the graveyard.

Hibiki nodded as the cards appeared on his display: World Lance, World Key, World Legacy Bestowal, Mekk-knight Green Horizon and World Legacy's Secret.

Hibiki: Alright, I add World Legacy - World Lance from my deck to my hand. Now the other four go to my graveyard.

Hibiki: I set a card, and since there's two cards in the same column I can summon my Mekk-knight Yellow Star from my hand. Now I use its effect, by banishing Green Horizon I can destroy your link spell.

Batbyte: Futile. If brought out with marker's portal, your effects cannot destroy Judgement Arrows.

Hibiki: Alright, then I'll just get rid of your monster. Yellow Star attacks Battle Coela.

Batbyte: When a monster beside our Judgement Arrows battles, its attack is doubled so you will take large damage.

Battle Coela atk: 1800 - - - 3600

Hibiki: Very well, I activate the effect of the World Lance I added to my hand. By discarding it, your monster loses attack equal World Lance's until the end of the battle.

Battle Coela: 3600 - - - 600

Batbyte lp: 3500 - - - 1900

Batbyte: It appears we miscalculated, we will not make that mistake twice.

Hibiki: I end my turn.

Batbyte: Our turn, we draw! We summon D-scale Piercing Saury, now by discarding a D-scale and halving its attack, we can summon Battle Coela from our graveyard.

Battle Coela atk: 1800 - - - 900

Batbyte: Open our circuit! The summoning conditions are two D-scales, so we set Battle Coela and Saury in the link arrows. We summon link-3 D-scale Full Metal Dunkle!

Rags: That monster is huge.

Hibiki: Yeah, I bet its pretty powerful to match.

Batbyte: Now Dunkle, crush his Yellow Star.

Hibiki: I have to reduce the damage. I activate the trap World Legacy Whispers, which raises Yellow Star's attack points by 1000.

Yellow Star atk: 2200 - - - 3200

Batbyte: Judgement Arrows effect activates.

Hibiki: Due to my trap the effect of spells in the same column as my mekk-knight monsters are negated.

Batbyte: Due to our skill, the effect of Judgement Arrows cannot be negated.

Dunkle atk: 2400 - - - 4800

Hibiki lp: 4000 - - - 1400

Hibiki: Ach, that stings.

Rags: We need to deal with that card.

Hibiki: Noticed.

Batbyte: We end our turn.

Hibiki: I draw. Now I special summon Mekk-knight Blue Sky from my hand in defence mode and use its effect, I add Mekk-knight Avram to my hand.

Batbyte: Choosing to defend only delays the inevitable.

Hibiki: Then it's good thing in not defending. I summon Mekk-knight Avram from my hand. Now open, circuit of colour! I set Avram and Blue Sky in the link markers! I summon link-2 Mekk-knight of the Morning Star! Now its effect activates, I discard my Mekk-knight Red Moon to add World Legacy Scars to my hand, which I will then activate. Due to my field spell all my Mekk-knight monsters gain 300 attack.

Morning Star atk: 2000 - - - 2300

Batbyte: A useless move, it still has less attack than Dunkle.

Hibiki: I'm not done! I activate the spell card World Legacy Succession from my hand, summoning my World Legacy - World Key from my graveyard to next to Morning Star's link.

Batbyte: So that's why you summoned a link monster.

Hibiki: Battle! World Key attacks Dunkle!

Rags: Partner! That monster has 0 attack points!

Full Metal Dunkle atk: 2400 - - - 4800

Hibiki: The effect of World Key activates! When it battles a monster summoned from the extra deck, it is returned to the deck.

Batbyte: No!

Hibiki: Go, World Unlock!

Full Metal Dunkle disappeared as World Key shone with light.

Hibiki: Now Morning Star, attack them directly!

Batbyte lp: 1900 - - - 0

The AI duelist fell back and separated as Hibiki landed by them.

Hibiki: Alright, we beat you, now tell us what you know.

Bat: Not a chance, you thought we'd actually tell you?

Hibiki: I guess not. They're all yours Rags.

The teen turned around as the ignis nodded, growing in size and consuming the AIs and returning to Hibiki's duel disc.

Rags: I don't know Partner. They have something, but it's highly encoded. It looks like an ignis algorithm.

Hibiki: An ignis code? Is that possible?

Rags: I don't know. I really don't, why would an ignis have anything to do with the destruction of the cyberse?

Hibiki: Huh, you raise a point.

Rags: Well, I guess we can ask Yusaku and Shoichi about it.

Hibiki nodded and logged out, walking from his chamber and headed to his door, Rags rising from the disc.

Rags: We're going to find out who did this.

Hibiki: Yeah, and we're going to make them pay.

(??? Pov)

Haru: Master, it appears that both Bat and Byte have been defeated as well.

"How unfortunate, so the patchwork ignis and that Okida boy are still a problem."

Haru: Unfortunately sir.

"Tch, how irritating. Their xyz summoning paired with their association with Revolver and the Knights of Hanoi could provide a large problem if they were to gain said power."

Haru: I understand, shall I go deal with them personally?

"Yes. But ensure that you return, even if that means abandoning the mission. Do I make myself clear? We do not want them absorbing your data and learning of our plans."

Haru: I understand Master. He will be removed.

The younger brother vanished in a beam of yellow light and I chuckled to myself.

Patchwork Ignis, let's see just how skilled you are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 47.9K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
229K 9.3K 60
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...