๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‹๐จ...

By namjoons_miss_right

Kim Namjoon, a 27-year old multi-billionaire CEO and owner of one of the most prominent fashion companies in... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Author's Note (Updated)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Teaser: Fighting For Love
Questions, Opinions, and Suggestions for Zuki
Announcement

Chapter 29

1.3K 85 33
By namjoons_miss_right

Author's POV

It's been almost half an hour since Seoyeon began to rub Namjoon's arms and head with the hand towel, dampened with cold water. His temperature fortunately decreased near the normal, but he still needs to be treated. So, Seoyeon continued to do this until there's no more cool left on the water.

All throughout that time, Hwayoung just watched Seoyeon take care of her father. She admires the lady so much, she wished that Seoyeon could just stay with them. The way her hands gently fondle Namjoon's hair as she rubs the towel. For the little girl, there is love in it. She can see it. She can feel it. But not everything you see nor feel is right, isn't it?

"Have you eaten breakfast, Hwayoung?" Seoyeon suddenly asked in a whisper, just right for the girl to hear.

"I have, but daddy haven't." She answered, Seoyeon hummed in acknowledgement.

"I will cook soup for your father. While I'm away, can you continue to watch over Mr. Kim?" Seoyeon requested and Hwayoung nodded in compliance.

She first smiled at the child and stood up, carrying the basin with her. She made her way downstairs while sighing lightly. Seoyeon won't deny that it was truly a bit suffocating inside Namjoon's room, especially with how Hwayoung stares at her.

"Come on, Yeonie." She whispered to herself, "Once you're done feeding Mr. Kim, you can go back to the office. You're doing great, and what is right." Seoyeon cheered, trying to motivate herself.

She reached the kitchen and she saw the maids resting at their lounge area. When they saw her and was about to stand up to accommodate hee, she immediately bowed and motioned for them to sit down. She wouldn't want to bother them. Besides, she's just making a soup. But one maid stood up and still went to her.

"Ma'am, what can I help?" The maid asked, watching Seoyeon as she set the basin aside.

"Oh, it's okay. I can manage." She kindly uttered but paused for a second before facing the maid, "Am I allowed to cook here? Like, can I?" Seoyeon asked, like a curious child, which somehow made the maid smile.

"Of course, ma'am." The maid replied.

"Thanks! By the way, you can drop the ma'am. Just call me by my name, Seoyeon." Seoyeon chuckled but she got confused when the maid shook her head.

"We must show respect to you, ma'am." She said, and when the maid noticed Seoyeon's confusion, "Because you're Miss Hwayoung's mother and Sir Namjoon's wife." She added, making Seoyeon's jaw to drop and leaving her mouth slightly agape.

"I'm.... W-What?" Seoyeon stuttered as she blinked.

"Miss Hwayoung told us that her mother will come today. We assume that it's you, ma'am." The maid pointed to Seoyeon.

"Oh," Seoyeon mouthed, baffled with what she knew. "But, I'm not Mr. Kim's wife. I'm his secretary." She explained in a serious tone.

"Really, ma'am? But Miss Hwayoung said—" Seoyeon cut her off.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not Hwayoung's mother nor Mr. Kim's wife. I'm just a secretary, maybe Hwayoung was mistaken." She calmly uttered, getting a little annoyed but still tries to suppress it. "Anyway, I was about to cook chicken soup. Can I check the pantry to get the ingredients?" Seoyeon reasoned out, just so that she doesn't have to handle the topic further.

The maid nodded and led her to the pantry, helping Seoyeon get all the ingredients she needed. When everything was settled, Seoyeon told the maid that she can rest and that Seoyeon will handle things on her own. With that being said, Seoyeon worked diligently in the kitchen. Multi-tasking here and there.

After an hour of cooking and preparing, she's finally done. The soup she cooked is good enough for Namjoon to eat until dinner time, in case he still wants some. Seoyeon placed the soup in a small bowl and carefully set everything on the tray. The maid insisted to clean the things she used, so Seoyeon thanked her and excused herself to go upstairs. On her way, she thought of what the maid said a while ago. Seoyeon starts to wonder if Hwayoung introduces her as her mother to almosy everyone she knows. Just the thought of it made Seoyeon frown in dismay. She doesn't want her and Namjoon's image to get ruined if fake rumors start to spread about dating him. But she also remembered that it's not impossible for rumors to spread, for she agreed to pretend as Hwayoung's mother at the family day event. It made her sigh deeply, in hopes that nothing worst will happen.

Seoyeon finally reached Namjoon's room and the first thing she saw was Hwayoung. She's lying beside Namjoon, snuggling herself. It seems like she fell asleep while waiting for her. Seoyeon then went to her seat and placed the tray on the side table. She paused for a while and gazed at the two. They look so much alike, it's just that Hwayoung has some features that she may have gotten from her mother. Slowly, Seoyeon found herself smiling softly at them. She feels bad that the two had to live without her boss's wife, Hwayoung's mother. But she immediately shook the thoughts away and remembered she has to feed Namjoon in order for him to drink his medicine. So, Seoyeon held Namjoon's shoulder and shook it a little.

"Sir...." She called with gentleness, "Sir, it's time for you to eat. I made chicken soup. It's good for you, to heal faster." She persuaded, slightly caressing Namjoon's hair to wake him up.

It didn't took her a while before Namjoon started to groan and shift his body. His eyes slowly flickered open, so Seoyeon removed her hand off of him. It took him a few minutes to adjust his sight until his eyes landed on Seoyeon's form.

"M-Ms. Park?" He mumbled, suddenly coughing, so Seoyeon quickly patted his back to soothe him.

"Do you want a glass of water, sir?" Seoyeon asked, Namjoon nodded.

Seoyeon then helped Namjoon sit down and rest his back on the headboard of the bed. After that, she took the readily glass of water on the tray and carefully led it to Namjoon's mouth. When Namjoon is finally relieved, Seoyeon placed the glass back and took the bowl of soup, alongside with the spoon.

"Sir, I made soup for you. After this, you can finally drink your medicine." She said while stirring the soup, lessening the temperature for Namjoon.

"How did you get here?" He asked while watching her, then glancing at Hwayoung sleeping beside him. "And why is Hwayoung not in school?" He added, his voice was hoarse and low.

Seoyeon first scooped a spoonful of soup and told Namjoon to open his mouth. He was a bit skeptical about it at first, as if he doesn't want to eat what Seoyeon cooked. Seoyeon noticed, so she smiled warmly.

"Don't worry, sir. It's not that hot anymore." She encouraged, and Namjoon finally took a sip.

The soup made Namjoon's taste buds to tingle on how delicious it tasted. It's a good thing that his taste is still good, regardless of his fever.

"How is it?" Seoyeon asked as she scoop another.

"It's delicious." Namjoon answered, making Seoyeon smile in relief. "You cook well." He praised.

"Thank you, sir. My mother taught me a lot." She replied as she feed Namjoon. "Hwayoung called me this morning, crying. She asked me to come over and help you, sir." Seoyeon then explained as she continue to feed him.

All the time, Namjoon's eyes were just staring at her while she's focused on stirring the soup. He wouldn't deny that he was touched by her actions. She could've just ignored Hwayoung's call and assign a doctor, but knowing well that Hwayoung won't let the doctor in, she just chose to go. He appreciates her and her kindness towards him and his daughter.

"Is there a problem, sir?" Seoyeon suddenly queried, Namjoon snapped out of his thoughts after noticing that Seoyeon was looking at him too.

"N-Nothing...." He paused for a moment. "Nothing." He got flustered and was not able to hide the tint of crimson on his face.

It caused Seoyeon to worry as she quickly checked Namjoon's temperature with her palm. Yet, the sudden interaction made Namjoon to blush even more from embarrassment.

"Are you okay, sir? Your temperature is rising again." Seoyeon looked at him worriedly but Namjoon slightly pulled away to avoid the contact.

"I-I'm fine...." He mumbled timidly, "I can eat the soup on my own, you can rest for a while." Namjoon offered as he reach for the bowl in Seoyeon's hands.

Not wanting to anger him, Seoyeon just complied to his request and gave him the bowl. However, she didn't leave the stool. She still sat there and watched him eat, which made Namjoon feel a little conscious. He tried his best to act normally, but his face could not hide his blushing cheeks.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Namjoon low-key glanced at her as he sip the soup left on the bowl.

"I'm just waiting for you, sir. You need to drink your medicine after." She answered, unbothered.

"I'm done," He said, then handed the bowl to her. "Thank you for the soup, Seoyeon." Namjoon added, startling Seoyeon since he rarely calls her by her name and would always be by her work name.

"You're welcome, sir." She smiled and proceeded to get the medicine for Namjoon, which was placed on the tray as well. "Here's your water and medicine, sir." She gave it to him while he accepted it. "After that, you can rest again, then you'll feel better." She commented.

Namjoon drank the medicine and gave the glass back to Seoyeon. After that, Seoyeon excused herself and went out of the room with the tray in her hands, leaving Namjoon alone in his room.

*****

Namjoon's POV

When Seoyeon finally left the room, something in me unexpectedly felt a little sad. I wouldn't refuse to accept the fact that I liked the way she took care of me. It reminded me of Seyoung. I was actually dreaming of my late wife, being the one taking care of me, until I was awaken and saw my secretary. I really thought it was just a dream; the strokes I felt through my hair, the way her soft hands held me, and the way she rubbed my arms so gently. But instead of Seyoung, it was my secretary who did it. It was Seoyeon.

I held my chest and felt the beating of my heart. Pounding ever so loud, as if I ran a few meters. I then reached for the handle of the small drawer of this side table, and took the picture frame sitting there. I took a deep breath before turning the picture around, for me to see it. It's an image of me and my wife when we were celebrating our anniversary, while she was still pregnant with Hwayoung. She's wearing a pink pastel maternity dress, smiling ever widely, while I was hugging her from behind. I can still remember how happy we were that day, because that's when we found out that we were having a baby girl. We were the happiest.

I glanced at Hwayoung's sleep form beside me. Remembering what Seoyeon said, Hwayoung called her to ask for help. I don't know how she did that, but I'm so glad she did. Hwayoung is still young, yet she still surprises me with the things she can do. Learning was her hobby since she was a toddler. She loves to listen to educational movies and cartoons. She's just the like a mini version of Seyoung. A little stubborn and very much persistent when it comes to getting the things they desire for. A smile was formed on my lips as I slightly fondle my daughter's hair. I hope she grows up as a fine lady, just like her mother.

"I love you, my princess." I whispered, and at the same time, she shifted a little to snuggle herself close.

A few minutes later, I heard a knock on my door before it opened and revealed Seoyeon. I motioned for her to go inside. I watched her as she made her way back to the stool where she was sitting a while ago. However, I noticed that she looked a little problematic.

"What's wrong?" I asked and she glanced at me, a little surprised.

"Uhm," She hummed while fiddling her fingers.

"Go on." I encouraged, she then inhaled before facing me.

"Sir, I know this is a little too much to ask, but do you have a computer or maybe a laptop that I can use? I actually received a call from the office and they needed the powerpoint presentation, but I can't send it to Mrs. Lee's email because it's on the flash drive that I'm bringing. I didn't bring my laptop since we have computers at the office. Also, I need to finish some documents that you need for the upcoming meetings with the boards and with some investors." She explained anxiously, but then she continued. "Don't worry, sir. The flash drive doesn't have a virus. Plus, they didn't know I'm here." And it made me smile a little with her remarks.

"Sure, Seoyeon. You can use the computer at the library of this house, which is the first door at the left side of this hallway." I said and saw relief in her expression. "But don't overwork yourself. The documents can wait." I reminded and she nodded.

"Okay, sir. Thank you." She smiled, "But before I do that, I should wait for you to fall asleep. I must make sure you get to rest first." She replied, but I just shook my head.

"It's okay. You can work on it, I'm fine. You were a good nurse." I joked and heard her chuckle.

"Alright, sir. Just call me if your need anything, I'll be there." She stated as she stood up, bowing a little before excusing herself.

I watched her leave the room until it's just me and Hwayoung again. Her actions just made me realize how hardworking she is. But of course, everything she does will always have a reward from me.

[A/N: To my munchkin, Asano_Maki. It's not that good, but I hope you like this small gift of mine. But just wait, there are more to come.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 962 13
Jin is a 25 year old man whose wife has recently left him. He finds himself struggling to deal with being newly single and continuing to have a relat...
194K 5.2K 33
Kim taehyung, a very rich CEO was forced to marry a women who have a daughter But things don't go well, both souls were having feelings for each othe...
276K 10.6K 57
I am Park y/n. I live in New York with my mom and my precious daughter. My own daughter Kim Taehee who is 3 years old. I love my daughter very much...
133K 4.2K 21
CEO Jeon Jungkook is the youngest and richest CEO in the world. At the age of 21, he was capable of taking over his father, the ex CEO of Jeon Corpor...