The Hoax, james potter

By etheralbabe

"I might be an entitled bitch but you are nothing but a sad, pathetic, insufferable dirtbag. Who seriously ne... More

Characters/Intro
Theme Tune
Chapter 1- Until Now
Chapter Two- A Weird Cult
Chapter Three- A Thing Like That
Chapter Four- Raw Red Marks
Chapter Five- No Brother To Me
Chapter Six- A Constant Pain
Chapter Seven- To Be Civil
Chapter Eight- For Someone You Hate So Much*
Chapter Nine- Never Felt So Dirty
Chapter Ten- The Best Sex
Chapter Eleven- Finish Me Off*
Chapter Twelve- The Smartest Witch Of Our Age
Chapter Thirteen- Do You Ever Just Shut Up?*
Chapter Fourteen- In Filch's Office*
Chapter Fifteen- The Richest Teenage Wizard*
Chapter Seventeen- She's Gone Mad
Chapter Eighteen- Something Missing
Chapter Nineteen- For Now*
Chapter Twenty- An Odd Sight
Chapter Twenty-One- Stay Away
Chapter Twenty-Two- March Third
Chapter Twenty-Three- Be So Cruel
Chapter Twenty-Four- Are You Threatening Me?*
Chapter Twenty-Five- You Are My Escape
Chapter Twenty-Six- Blusing Cheeks
Chapter Twenty-Seven- The Last Time*

Chapter Sixteen- Cold Hearts

1.5K 33 0
By etheralbabe

tw- abuse

Regulus and Talitha bundled along with their friends in a carriage as they travel back home.

Regulus had said his goodbye to Sirius Black privately the day before.

Talitha hadn't spoken to Sirius since the party, she hadn't spoken to any of the marauders since the party.

Not that she wanted to, she chose to not speak to them.

Regulus has a brave face on, but deep down he felt himself drowning. He knew what would happen over the holidays and dreaded what's to come.

Talitha could sense her brothers terror, rubbing his shoulder as they sat next to one another. She wanted to do more, but there was nothing to do. She'd just have to be brave for her brother.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

Talitha liked being back at home, she had to change most things about her to survive there.

But still, she liked it.

After those nights in France, where it felt like a never ending nightmare, home seemed like a dream.

Talitha liked that at home she could transform herself completely and become a whole new lady. It felt as though she was some bizarre actress trying out a new role.

By the age of 12 Talitha Black had figured how to play her family.

She knew what made them mad and what made them happy. And having an obedient daughter who dressed appropriately was the exact way to win their affection.

Talitha loved getting her parents affection. It was something she yearned for, her parents approval.

The one thing she dreaded most about going home was that she'd have to see Charles Aldridge.

Charles Aldridge was the name that kept her up at night.

He's the reason she couldn't live a normal life. The reason why she'd never be able join in with that feeling of giddiness her friends could have.

Talitha Black had been promised to Charles Aldridge since she was fifteen.

She's to marry him when she finishes her studies. Only her parents knew of their engagement. It was to be kept a secret until the wedding. Talitha was always thankful for this, she never wanted anyone to find out. She knew they'd pity her and Talitha hates when someone pities on her.

As she's promised to Charles Aldridge, she cannot have any other relations. She has to remain pure, for him.

Charles Aldridge is an older man, who works at the ministry and has been friends with Talitha's father for years.

Talitha found that appearance wise, there wasn't anything unpleasant about Charles Aldridge apart from the fact he's years older than Talitha.

In fact he looked quite nice for an older gentleman, always smelt nice, and always very pleasant. But still Talitha despised him.

She tried to find him likeable so that it would be easier for when she marries him, yet everything he did made her itch.

Three days back home and her parents had arranged for Charles Aldridge to come over for a dinner.

Regulus had been sent to their cousins for the evening. So it would just be Talitha's parents and Charles Aldridge at the dinner.

Talitha had been told to put on a black gown, that covered every inch of her body.

She liked it though, sometimes dressing modestly made her feel more comfortable.

As she made her down the stairs to greet Charles Aldridge, she heard two voices bickering.

Talitha stops on the stairs after hearing her name, listening in.

She recognised her fathers deep voice as he spoke bluntly.
'I thought you said all the files on her real family had been destroyed?'

'They have. That's not the issue Orion. It seems as though there are some people who remember them. And they are questioning what really happened. They question Talitha's relation to you.' Talitha let out a quite gasp at this voice. It's Charles Aldridge.

Her ears perked at their conversation, listening further.

'No one can know Charles. I want it dealt with, immediately!' Orion shouts.

'And if people find out Talitha isn't really a Black. What will you do then?' Charles responds gently, not raising his voice.

Talitha's heart beating fast at this, trying to grasp what she just heard.

'Don't question me! Sort it out!' Orion scolds.

Talitha couldn't take it anymore, walking down the stairs as she asks; 'What's going on?'

The two men look up at her, Charles Aldridge with a smile on his face and Orion Black with disgust.

'Talitha, what are you doing lurking on the stairs? And don't speak out like that.' Orion scolds at her through gritted teeth.

Talitha ignores him and goes on with her questions, whilst coming further down the stairs. 'What do you mean I'm not in relation to you?'

Orion widens his eyes, stepping closer to Talitha, he continues to scold her. 'Talitha! Stop talking, go down to the main room.'

Talitha shakes her head, her eyes angry as she speaks. 'But I heard you. Tell me, what is going on!'

Orion's eyes are crazy as he looks at Talitha.

'Talitha!' Orion shouts. 'Go! I will not tell you again!'

A silence erupts after Orion shouted, no one moves.

Talitha stood still.

Charles Aldridge is the first to speak.

'I'll be going then Orion. Goodbye Miss Talitha.'

Orion faces away from Talitha, turning to Charles Aldridge. 'I'll walk you out Charles.'

Talitha remains still in her spot at the bottom of the stairs.

She hears Orion and Charles Aldridge whispering to one another at the door.

She hears the door shut loudly, causing her to shake.

She then hears Orion stomping up the stairs shouting at Talitha when he sees her.

'How dare you speak out like that! Especially in front of your future fiancé! You must be happy with yourself, chasing him out of here!'

Talitha is quite, stuttering as she speaks, 'But I heard what you said. Why won't you just tell me what's going on?'

Orion scowls at Talitha, his voice smooth as he talks.
'It's of no concern to you.'

Talitha sighs, plucking up the courage to talk without her voice shaking. 'I heard my name. What did Mr Aldridge mean? What did he mean when he said I'm not a Black?'

'Talitha don't ask me such stupid questions. Know your place. An inquisitive mind isn't one a lady should have. Now will you stop with these ridiculous questions.' Orion responds coldly.

Talitha can't believe how cold he is being, she is angry. Her blood boils as she spits out. 'No! Not until you tell me! Tell me the truth! Am I not really a Black? Are you not my father?'

'Talitha how dare you talk to me like that!' Orion shouts. 'Get out of my sight! I don't want to hear another word from you.'

'I want an answer damnnnit!' Talitha shouts back.

Orion strikes her across the face, hard.

Talitha's face is on the side as she breathes slowly out. She doesn't move.

'There's your answer!' Orion scowls.

'Am I your daughter? Am I really a Black?' Talitha whispers, her face sore as she speaks.

'You are my daughter. I have raised you as my own.' Orion replies, still cold as he speaks.

'So you're not my real father?' Talitha questions, still whispering.

She hasn't moved her face from the side. Her mind can't comprehend what is going on. The fact she might not be a Black or the fact her supposed father has just slapped her.

'I raised you so of course I am your real father!' Orion spits out, his lips look as though they have been left in a permanent scowl.

Talitha's breath shallow as she tries to take everything in. She's sick of it all. She let's out a long sigh before she speaks.
'But there is no Black blood in me. I am not a real Black!'

'That's enough!' Orion says dryly

Talitha's eyes look up as she looks at his face, searching for the truth. Her lips quiver slightly as her breathing goes shaky. 'It's true isn't it? I'm not a Black? You aren't my real father!'

'What does it matter? You are still every bit my daughter.'

'Why didn't you tell me?' Talitha questions, her voice becoming firm, no longer as shaky.

'It's not your business to know.' Orion disputes.

'I think it is. I should have a right to know who my real parents are!' Talitha cries out.

'You were no good to them. You wouldn't have survived with them.'

'You don't know that.' Talitha states her voice remaining firm.

'I do, because they are dead!' Orion fumes out.

'What?' Talitha chokes out

'Your real parents are dead! They couldn't even last a day with you in their possession before they died.' Orion yells.

'You are being cruel.' Talitha whispers, she gulps down her tears so that she can remain firm.

'I am being honest. You asked for the truth didn't you?' Orion states, the scowl still stuck on his face.

'I can't believe you have lied to me for all these years! I trusted you!' Talitha cries out, raising her voice again.

'I didn't raise a naive girl, it's your own fault for being so trusting. I suppose you shall blame me now, for protecting you.'

'Were you ever going to tell me?' Talitha says, raising her voice.

'Why would I? What difference would it have made? They are dead and good riddance.' Orion says with the same coldness he had earlier.

'Don't you say that.' Talitha spits at him.

'I shall say what I like child!' Orion yells.

Talitha could feel the tears burning in her, she wanted to just slap him. To shake him, to make him feel what she felt. 'Why did you keep this so hidden? My whole life has been a lie! I was always so obedient. I blindly followed your rules for years.'

'You are lucky I accepted you into my home at all! I could have left you to die.'

'I might as well be dead! You have signed my life away!' Talitha screams, her voice loud and her eyes wild.

Orion strikes her across the face again.

A visible red handprint is marked on Talitha's cheek. Talitha's breathing becomes unsteady as she raises her hand to cover and soothe the hotness on her cheek. She doesn't look up at Orion, as he shouts at her.

'I shall break your jaw if you even dare to speak again!' Orion warns. 'You are nothing! Now get out of my sight, I don't wish to see you for the rest of the evening.'

Talitha walks up to her room quietly, she closes the door behind her slowly. She tiptoes over to her bed and lies down. Letting out cries into her pillow.

Talitha spent the rest of the holidays locked in her room. Her father would bring her food. But she wasn't allowed to leave.

She felt no more tears after that night and instead began to laugh.

It was no joking matter but she would rather laugh than cry.

She laughed her way through the holidays.

She laughed all the way back on the train to Hogwarts. Her friends questioning what was going on.

But she never gave anything away. She'd just say; 'This is what life is for isn't it? To laugh.'

Her laughter began to sound like a strange cackle as she got back to Hogwarts.

Regulus didn't know what to do, he had his own worries. He had spent majority of the holidays at his cousins, as she was a favourite of the Dark Lord. He didn't know what had happened to Talitha.

He finally had gotten the dark mark and the dark Lord had asked for more.

What once was a happy teenage boy, vanished.

Just like his sister something had cracked in him.

A switch in his mind changing him into a cold, cruel boy.

The Black siblings had transformed that winter. Their cold hearts became still, frozen, whilst their blood was alive, full of anger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.8K 813 26
"He hates her." "No he doesn't, not really. She just makes him feel things that he's claimed don't exist." ・゚゚・。。・゚゚・・゚゚・。 When Slughorn puts Callist...
263K 10.5K 21
「𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗥」❝That boy is really strange❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Kaia McKinnon is inattentive, and not that she could handle it. It was just how she had...
2.5K 136 14
Complete: 37k+ Words - Regulus Black Slow Burn Romance - AU where Voldemort never existed. It's 1987 and the Marauders are all graduated and living...
3.2K 85 30
"The only way people see me Black, is what they are supposed to see," Hallie muttered, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. "It's hardly a com...