The healer (Legolas love stor...

De ElaheKarami

[Highest Rank: 4 in Legolas] When the old wounds get open once more, when the darkness poisons her soul, when... Mais

Chapter 1: Mission
Chapter 2: Imladris
Chapter 3: Memories
Chapter 4: Concerns
Chapter 5: A truth and a confession
Chapter 6: Council of Elrond
Chapter 7: 10th member
Chapter 8: The journey to the south
Chapter 9: Moria
Chapter 10: Dark memories
Chapter 11: Dark past
Chapter 12: Journey in the dark
Chapter 13: Bridge
Chapter 14: Lothlorien
Chapter 15: Marry me
Chapter 16: Sailing to unknown
Chapter 17: Fall of fellowship
Chapter 18: Chase
Chapter 19: Rohirrim
Chapter 20: Light of hope
Chapter 21: Theoden
Chapter 23: Battle of Hornburg
Chapter 24: New info
Chapter 25: Saruman
Chapter 26: The Dark Lord
Chapter 27: The passage of the dead
Chapter 28: Lost warriors
Chapter 29: The battle
Chapter 30: carrying hope for future
Chapter 31: Don't leave me
Chapter 32: End of war
Chapter 33: You are safe
Chapter 34: Love is all

Chapter 22: To Helms deep

1.3K 38 0
De ElaheKarami

Nestarel had stood on the edge of a stone platform in front of the golden halls, looking at the southeast. They have returned from the king's son's funeral. To the men who were watching, she looked beyond beautiful, standing there in her gray cloak while her golden hair was moving with the soft wind. Her flawless face held the ancient power of the Eleves and her blue mesmerizing eyes could enchant every living soul. She had stood there tall and mighty and looked like a dream under the light of the sun. But they were unaware of the pain and sorrow in the depth of her heart.

Nestarel's gaze was focused on the southeast. Her hand messaging her aching chest unknowingly. She felt a presence behind her and didn't need to turn to know who it was. Their scent giving them away.

"His darkness is spreading from his lair." she whispered and Legolas snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her to his chest. "Gaining power with every passing second, enjoying our misery. I can't believe we let Frodo and Sam go towards the utter danger alone."

Legolas kissed her temple softly. "We couldn't go with them, Nesta." he said. "We could have been a much greater danger for them."

"I know." replied Nestarel desperately and turned in Legolas' arms to face him, her eyes glossy with unshed tears. "But they were so small and defenseless.

Legolas' heart clenched at the sight of his lovely wife. He bent and softly kissed her forehead, keeping his lips there for a few seconds. "They are strong." he answered softly. "Smallest people can do things that the most big and tough men wonder of. Gandalf trusted them. Let's us do too."

Nestarel sighed deeply but nodded and leaned her head on Legolas' shoulder, enjoying the warmth and peace that he was offering. Legolas tightened his hold on her and frowned. She obviously had become thinner and lighter. "Your scar," he said, and Nestarel pulled away slightly and looked at his worried eyes. "It has become more painful, isn't it?"

"Yes" sighed Nestarel and looked away. Legolas exhaled deeply and looked around for a few seconds trying to calm down himself before glancing at his wife again. She had closed her beautiful eyes and looked paler. That was what Elrond had been warned of. She would become weaker as Sauron's power grow because as he became stronger so would the Nazgul and the witch king of Angmar. He should have forced her to stay in Lorien where she would feel the evil effect less, but he had selfishly and foolishly let her come by. 

He felt a delicate hand cupped his cheek and looked down at Nestarel's kind eyes that were staring at him lovingly. She smiled. "Don't let the negative thoughts disturb you, my love." she said softly. Her melodic voice caressed his ears and he leaned onto her touch for a moment before grabbing her hand and planting a kiss on her palm. "Come. Let's go inside. You should eat and then we will find a place where you can rest a bit." He pecked her lips and then took her hand and guided her towards the hall.

Once inside of the crowded hall, they spotted Aragorn and Gimli in a corner talking with Eomer who had been locked in the dungeons by the orders of Grima, and now he was released by the orders of the king. Legolas and Nestarel opened their way toward them. 

"Ah finally, the two mighty pointy ears decided to grace us with their presence," grunted Gimli when he saw them. Eomer bowed his head politely.

Nestarel chuckled and bent down and softly kissed Gimli's head. Just as she straightened Eowyn rushed towards them. She bowed to them. "Please forgive me." she said. "You were our guests but we have not treated you as one."

"Do not bother yourself, my lady." said Aragorn. "We have not come here to rest. We are here to help you in war."

Eowyn smiled warmly at him. "Yet you need rest and food to have all your strength." she said and then eyed Legolas and Nestarel and blushed a bit. "We never had any of fair people in our lands. Can you talk in common tounge?" she asked nervously.

"Yes, we can, lady Eowyn." answered Nestarel softly well knowing of the not-good reputation of Elves between the people of Rohan. "As Aragorn said, do not bother yourself with tending to us. We are fine."

Eowyn smiled warmly as her body relaxed by hearing the Elven lady's melodic voice. "Still It is out of our traditions to treat our guests like this." she said shyly feeling out of place in front of the beautiful woman who looked stunning even in her travel attire.

"Actually, it would be great to have some food and good ale." said Gimli trying to look polite, but failed as his friends chuckled. Eomer wanted to say something but as he opened his mouth the doors of the hall burst open and Gandalf and Theoden rushed inside. Gandalf was carrying an unconscious boy and Theoden had a little girl in his arms who looked frightened and had clung to Theoden's neck for dear life.

"Nestarel," cried Gandalf as he put the boy on a bench. Nestarel was by his side in a second. She put a hand on the unconscious boy's forehead. She closed her eyes and whispered a few words and just then the boy whined and slowly opened his eyes. His eyes grow wide and he looked around frantically searching for something or someone while trying to get up. "Freda!" he called panicked.

"Shhhh, It's alright." said Nestarel and gently helped him to lay down again. "She is safe. She is there." she said and pointed to the girl in Theoden's arms. 

The little girl wiggled in Theoden's arms and jumped out of his hold and ran to the boy. "Èothan!" she cried and took his hand.

Nestarel caressed her long golden hair kindly. "He will be fine. Don't be worried, little one." she said and then turned to Eowyn. "They need food and water." said Nestarel. Eowyn nodded and quickly gave orders to a maid. 

Several minutes later, the two kids were wrapped with blankets and were having food. They have brought food for the four friends as well, but only Gimli was eating. Nestarel has refused to eat as much as Legolas had insisted. 

"They had no warning. They were unarmed. Now the Wildmen are moving through westfold, burning as they go, every rick, cot and tree." said Ewoyn who was rubbing circles on the little girl's back. 

"This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash." said Gandalf who had sat on a chair next to the throne where Thoden had sat. "All the more potent for he is driven mad by the fear of Sauron." 

Theoden just stared at the kids silently. His brows frowned from so many thoughts. "Ride out and meet him head on. Draw him away from your women and children. You must fight." said Gandalf firmly.

Thoden stood and walked a little away from Gandalf. "I know what is that you want of me." said Theoden and glanced at Gandalf. "But I would not bring further death to my people. I will not risk open war."

"Open war is upon you, whether would risk it or not." said Aragorn.

Thoden walked up to him menacingly. "When last I looked, Théoden, not Aragorn, was king of Rohan." he hissed angrily.

The air was so thick that could be cut by a knife. "What is the king's decision?" asked Eomer who was standing near the king. Thoden looked at him and his eyes softened a bit. "We will take everyone and take shelter in Helms deep." he said. "Prepare everyone."

*****

"By order of the King, the city must empty. We make for the refuge of Helm's Deep. Do not burden yourself with treasures. Take only what provisions you need." the loud voice of heralds could be heard as Legolas, Nestarel, Gimli and Aragorn followed Gandalf down the road towards the stables. 

"Helm's Deep!" scoffed Gimli as they reached the doors of stalls. "They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight. Who will defend them if not their king?" 

"He is only doing what he thinks is best for his people." said Nestarel.

"Helm's Deep has saved them in the past. That is why he wants to take his people there." explained Aragorn.

"There is no way out than that of ravine." said Gandalf angrily. "Théoden is walking into a trap. He thinks he is leading them to safety, but what he'll get is a massacre." He then turned to Aragorn. "Théoden has a strong hold but I fear for him. I fear for the survival of Rohan." he said while his gaze was fixed on Aragorn. "He will need you before the end, Aragorn. The people of Rohan will need you. The defenses have to hold."  

"They will hold." said Aragorn firmly.

"Help him as much as you can." said Gandalf to the other three. They all nodded. He then turned to Shadowfax and caressed his mane. "The Grey Pilgrim. That is what they used to call me. Three hundred lives of men I've walked this earth and now, I have no time." he said and mounted his horse. "Good luck. My search will not be in vain. Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East."

"Stay safe, Gandalf." said Nestarel worriedly. "We need you. Middle earth needs the white wizard."

Gandalf smiled and nodded at her. Just then Shadowfax sprints out of the stable and soon it was out of sight.

It was night. The people of Rohan were going to leave the village tomorrow morning at dawn. Eowyn had shown the friends their rooms. Nestarel had sat on a windowsill of the only window of the small room which had been given to her and Legolas, watching outside. The green plains of Rohan were looking gray in the night and the dark sky was full of stars. She was in a white simple nightgown and her hair had fallen to her waist freely. Legolas was still outside with Gimli and Aragorn, helping Eomer to prepare everything for tomorrow.

Nestarel sighed and closed her eyes and leaned her head on the cold wall behind her. The soft breeze was caressing her pale skin. She had missed her home, her room, her herb garden, healing rooms, the beautiful gardens under the light of the sun. A small smile formed on her lips as she remembered the smell of the forest in the rain.

The creaking sound of the door brought her out of her thoughts and she opened her eyes. Legolas entered the room and smiled when he saw her. "You're back." said Nestarel happily. 

"Yes. Everything is ready." he said and walked over to her and plant a short but passionate kiss on her soft lips. "Why are you still awake? I told you to sleep." he said as he sat there and pulled her on his lap and buried his face in the crook of her neck, inhaling her divine scent.

"I couldn't go to sleep without my dear husband." whispered Nestarel lovingly while playing with the hair on the nape of his neck. 

Legolas closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. He then pulled away and glanced out of the window with worry twirling in the ocean of his eyes. "Legolas!" called Nestarel gently and cupped his cheek and forced him to look at her. Her voice was concerned. "What's wrong, my love?"

Legolas sighed defeated. "I have made a big mistake." he said and dropped his head. 

Nestarel frowned. "What mistake?" she asked confused.

Legolas stared at her beautiful eyes that were watching him worriedly. He smiled tiredly and kissed her forehead. "I should have forced you to stay in Lorien. I was just so selfish to let you come because I couldn't bear you being away from me." he answered and Nestarel's frown deepened. She opened her mouth to say something but Legolas put a finger on her lips and silenced her. His face was determined now. "Nestarel, as your prince and husband I want to ask you something. Actually, it's an order." he said firmly. "Our journey is becoming more dangerous. We are riding to open war and I don't want you anywhere near it. You are a healer, not a warrior. I want you to take a horse tomorrow and ride north to our realm where you will be safe."

Nestarel jumped out of his hold and took a few steps back as though his words burned her. "What are you talking about, Legolas Greenleaf?" she asked in disbelief. "I won't leave you alone. Not at all."

Legolas stood as well. His fists were clenched. "I can't let you come any further." he hissed. "Can you not see? The dark spell is having its effects on you. You are growing weaker. I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you, Nestarel Umariel."

"And I can't lose you, Legolas." cried Nestarel. "Do you think I will be safer in Mirkwood or Lorien? Do you think just because I'm in the protection of the realms of the Elves, I will be safer? No, my lord, cause there is a pain much worse than the one that the dark spell is causing and that's the pain of being away from your love when he is riding to danger and you are unaware of his wellbeing. Believe me, Legolas, I will die sooner if I'm away from you."

Legolas ran a hand through his hair and paced back and force in the small room. "Saruman will unleash his force on Rohan. He wants nothing more than bringing it to its knees. It's going to be a great war and the enemy is much stronger." he said frustrated while tugging at his hair.

Nestarel grabbed his arm and forced him to stand still. She kissed his jaw tenderly and caressed his cheek, feeling his tense muscles relaxing a bit. "Then we will fight it together, side by side." she whispered and stared at his eyes. "You are right. I'm a healer not a warrior. Then let me be there to heal your wounds. Don't send me away, Legolas. I prefer to die by your side than to be away from you. Don't put me through that pain, Please."

Legolas studied her tearful eyes for a second before pulling her flushed against his chest and kissing her deeply. "Then don't die. I can't live without you, Nesta. Don't put me through that pain, please." he pleaded as their foreheads touched.

"I won't. I promise.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

33.7K 1K 23
You are the Princess of Iostar, a beautiful kingdom full of starlight, but when you get attacked by a nest of vermin and a beautiful man come to your...
66.2K 2.3K 35
Their greatest King was not always so great. He went through more to earn that title than any elf should ever have to. The elven threat was ended, wh...
13.5K 289 16
Ithilwen continues her journey, she leads the dwarfs into Mirkwood were she loses them and they stray from the path. She finds them but she also find...
20.1K 393 45
A young girl mysteriously entered the world of Middle Earth. There, she encounters the dragon, Smaug, Orcs, wizards, and the Dark Lord, Sauron. She b...