๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐“๐จ๐ ๐ž...

By Ifebodee__

"๐–๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ณ๐ณ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐š๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
Characters and Aesthetics ๐Ÿ’–โฃ๏ธ
Prolouge
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~SEVENTEEN~
~EIGHTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY-ONE~
~TWENTY-TWO~
~TWENTY-THREE~
~TWENTY-FOUR~
~TWENTY-FIVE~
~TWENTY-SIX~
~TWENTY- SEVEN~
~TWENTY-EIGHT~
~TWENTY-NINE~
~THIRTY~
~THIRTY-ONE~
~THIRTY-THREE~
~THIRTY-FOUR~
~THIRTY-FIVE~
~THIRTY-SIX~
~THIRTY-SEVEN~
~THIRTY-EIGHT~
~THIRTY - NINE~
~FORTY~
~FORTY-ONE~
~FORTY-TWO~
Update!-Not really, hehe.
~FORTY-THREE~
~FORTY-FOUR~
Pretty Important, please read.
~FORTY-FIVE~
~FORTY-SIX~
~FORTY-SEVEN~
~FORTY-EIGHT~
~FORTY-NINE~
~FIFTY~
~ FIFTY-ONE~
Listen up, guys.

~THIRTY-TWO~

351 152 153
By Ifebodee__

“We are all in this world together, and the
only test of our character that matters is how we look after the least fortunate among us. How we look after each other, not how we look after ourselves. That’s all that really matters, I think.” – Tommy Douglas

Dedicated to Dhizzie_Pearl

Please read the author's note at the end. Very important. Thank you❤️

Okay, leggo!😎😇

                                   •AYO•

I tossed the basket ball up and caught it. Kept doing that as I was laid down with my back to the bed, staring at the ceiling. The white paint on it was wearing off  - I needed to do something about that, but later. Right now, something else was on my mind. Or should I say things?

My mind went back to the past weeks and the events that took place. School had been really. . .eventful the last few days. Was eventful the word? Let me just put it that way, anyway.

I caught the ball and threw it up again.

Sukky and his geng hadn't stopped their taunts and threats. If anything, it had gotten worse. It was like they went around with me, every where I went. They followed me around, smirking and grinning at me, like we were old friends, which we somehow were, but I never counted it as that, though.

Call me paranoid or whatever but that was just the way it was. They were following, no, stalking me. Come to think of it though, they'd been stalking me since we began SSS3, only that it became really clear this year, 2nd term.

On the day of resumption, I remember seeing Sukky smirking at me. He was alone and not with his geng, which actually got me wondering but I'd shrugged it off and thought; the lesser, the better. Seeing him brought back the memories, dreaded memories. . .

The day after that, I was walking alone back to class from an errand a teacher had sent me.  I hadn't seen them at all. But how they saw me, I'd never know. How they ambushed me was just too well planned out. I'd just taken the last step up the stairs when they appeared from nowhere and cornered me in the corridor. Cornered me in a part of the corridor that was inconspicuous, very close to the staff closet.

My eyes widened in shock but returned to normal when I saw it was them. I didn't want to give them the satisfaction that  they'd really succeeded in surprising me...

I'd wanted to ignore them and just walk away like I usually did but nah, they didn't even have to push me back hard before they stopped me. Anger pulsed through my veins as I stared back at them. Sukky's smirk grew wider. He'd gotten the reaction he was looking for, from me. The same reaction he'd gotten at the bleachers when Nina almost saw what happened.

And the same reaction I'd had that day. The day that started all of this. . .stuff. That day. . .

"Balogun, better be calming down," Sukky said mockingly, making the anger surge, even more, through me.

"Yeah, that anger would be very useful in another environment and with a particular group of people," Kome said and crossed his arms in satisfaction.

"Very useful," Jare chided.

The three of them exchanged looks and then burst out laughing.

It'd only angered me more. I clenched my fists and was breathing real hard.

At that memory, I threw the ball up so hard that it almost broke through the ceiling.

Ayo, you need to calm down. . . I told myself as I exhaled.

I threw the ball beside my bed and relaxed.

Every object should be out of reach if I ever got angry because. . .they could be, well, dangerous, no matter how non-dangerous they were at first.

And to make it worse, they came to me when I was with my friends. That day when I just finished basketball practice and my friends were with me. They were shocked, all of them. Even Ore looked scared. He was also aware of that geng. Heck, who didn't know Sukky and his geng in the whole  of SSS3, in the whole school?

They'd wanted to get the same reaction they always seemed to get from me each time they got to me. Wanted that same reaction to be seen by my friends. They wanted to expose my secret in front of everyone unless. . .unless I did what they wanted.

And what they wanted me to do, if I ever complied, would be worse than what I did.

I honestly didn't know how I got roped into this whole crap. . .

Oh, wait. I actually do.

I groaned and sat up on my bed. Checked my phone and it was 10:00pm. It was still the night after we'd gone to the cafe. My parents and sisters were probably asleep right now.  .  .or maybe not. Maybe Mide and Wunmi were still awake. Yeah, Wunmi, my oldest sister, came back from school yesterday -just briefly though, she'll be going back soon - and would love to keep everyone awake with her usual gist. I used to sit down and listen but today, I just wasn't in the mood.

I sighed. Turned on my mobile data and messages came rushing into my phone. Most of them were from the group chat for my set, with the students ranting and chanting trash, so when I opened it, I scrolled down to the end. Didn't bother to read every single one.

I checked the next message and it was from the group chat that MJ had created for our friend circle. . .yeah, friend circle. I scrolled to the end again when I figured it was MJ and Fred that were sending stupid stickers to the group. I shook my head as a smile tugged my lips.

As if that was not enough, MJ came to my dm and sent the same stupid stickers to me. I hissed and shook my head. What a big goat! One day, I'll just block him.

I closed his message and went to check my girlfriend's dm. She hadn't replied the messages I'd sent her since I got home. Since she strangely left the at the cafe today. I tried calling her number but it kept not going through. What was up with Nina? She'd been acting very strange.

Even stranger than before.

But each time I asked her if she was fine, she'd smile so sweetly and say she was. She'd charm me with that smile. Like she knew how much her smile did to me. She'd throw one excuse or the other to keep me from asking more questions.

Still, I could not rub off the feeling that something was awfully wrong with her. Something. I couldn't place it yet but I knew something was wrong with her. The way she zoned off, the way she stared plainly at nothing, these days. . .the way she looked like she was getting thinner and her eyes, though behind her glasses, looked worn out. I knew something was up.

And when I got ready to find things out, it never took me long to figure them out. . .

                                   BOLU

I'd fallen for Ore Jumai.

No cap. No kidding. I'm dead serious.

I was really  hoping I would not discover what was happening between me and Ore. Seriously hoping. But as it was, the universe just loved smashing my hopes.

I'd figured all these out on Monday after I got home from the cafe hang out with my friends. I decided that I needed to organise my self and rearrange my feelings. That was when I admitted it to myself.

Worst of it all, my feelings for him didn't stop growing. I got to school on Tuesday and when I saw him, my feet went all wobbly. I could not stand straight, see straight or even think straight.

That's why I decided to take a decision. I decided to avoid him. Yeah, it was hard. Freaking hard, considering the fact that he was my seatmate. I tried not to make it obvious. But I guess answering someone monotonously when asked questions by that person, gives away the fact that you're avoiding that person.

Ore wasn't dumb. He knew I was avoiding him. Not exactly sure he knew why but he knew I was avoiding him.

If he talked to me, I gave him a monotonous reply. During break, once the bell was rung, I quickly ran to Nina, Ninu or Joy and hung out more with them. I didn't even mind being a third wheel to Nina and Ayo. I suspected Ayo knew what was going on but he didn't say anything either. None of my other friends suspected anything though.

During practical classes, I switched lab partners with Jeremy who was so happy to be relieved of Halima. And when he messaged me on whatsapp and Instagram, I just left him on read.

Suffice it to say that my avoidance scheme 101 failed. It failed woefully because. . .it had to fail. It just had to fail. It just had to happen today - Friday.

The interhouse sports competition was getting closer which meant we had to practice harder. And being the sporty person I was, I was involved in many activities for my house. Mostly basketball and track events.

I'd just finished basketball practice for my house - blue house - with my house/team mates. Kathy had passed me the ball and I'd just scored in the net.

"Nice one Jayeola," Mr. Shammah, our over enthusiastic house coach and Data processing teacher, said as he patted my back. "But I'm sure you can do better, we have to win!"

"Yes sir." I nodded although I wanted to say something like, you should just play it yourself, you know?

I saw Kathy mimic him and roll her eyes which made me stiffle a laugh.

"Good! Now y'all are dismissed. We'll continue next week."

After nodding at my housemates, I went to the bleachers, where Joy, Fred and Ninuola were waiting for me. Where was Nina? Why wasn't she among them?

"Where's Nina?" I asked once I got to them.

"Oh, she went home early," Joy said with a smile, handing me a water bottle. I took it from her, nodding my thanks.

"Yeah, told us she had some stuff to do," Ninu completed without looking up from her phone. "Said we shouldn't worry. And that she'd call us later."

"Affirmative," Fred added, not wanting to be left out of the conversation.

"O. . .kay?" I said, furrowing my brows a little because I found it weird that Nina would leave so early. But as usual, I shrugged it off. I'd just call her later.

After all, when she left us in the cafe the other day, she still called. Even though it was the next day before school in the morning.

Or if I had any doubts, I'd just ask her boyfriend or something. . .

But I had no doubts so. . .

I handed the water bottle back to Joy after I'd chunked down it's content. She kept it in her backpack.

We left the basketball court together. We chatted about different things as we walked to the class. Although I was mostly quiet. As we climbed up the last steps that led to the SSS3  classrooms, Sukky and his geng of infamous idiots stopped in front of us and smirked. It was an identical smirk. Then they walked away.

I swear it felt like all those slow-mo scenes in movies where the bad guys and good guys cross paths and make eye contact. Call me dramatic but that was exactly how it felt like.

Anyway, as they walked away, Joy said, "Well, that was weird."

"Could it get any weirder with those guys?" Fred said, "They give me the creeps." He shivered. I couldn't agree more.

"They're just dumb. Glorified idiots!" Ninuola said nonchalantly.

We all had to stop and stare at her.

"What?" She asked dryly. "It's true na." Then she went back to her phone and walked ahead of us.

I wondered how she was always able to say her mind, just like that.

We finally got to class and I was only able to pack my stuff in my backpack for home when a junior student walked in and said the chemistry teacher needed me in the lab asap. I sighed, took my backpack with me and headed out, after waving at my friends.

Just then, I heard Chidera jingle the bell and yelling the usual. I passed her on my way out of class. She waved at me and so did Ashley who was holding a book and looking so bored. I smiled and waved back at them politely.

I tried not to think of the fact that Ore wasn't with Chidera too. Tried to ignore the fact that she wasn't holding him to anything, right now. Tried so hard not to feel relieved that he wasn't with her. I tried so hard to block his thoughts from coming to mind. Just for the record though, I wasn't successful.

And the fact that he was in the chemistry lab with the teacher, setting up the equipment for a titration experiment, made it a whole lot worse.

Thanks a lot, universe! You always seem to make my day.

I greeted the teacher when I got to where they stood. Ore didn't look up when I walked in and to be honest, it hurt me. I deserved it though. I'd been ignoring him when he did absolutely nothing wrong.

"You sent for me, ma'am," I said after I greeted her.

"Yes I did." She nodded as she turned to pick up another retort stand and hand it to me.

I took it from her and looked at it.

"I'd like you to carry out the redox titration experiment for me. I'm trying to test something. I want to know what went wrong with the one I did the other day. I know you people have not done it yet but I'm sure you will get it and that's why I called you both, my best SSS3 chemistry students." She paused and smiled. I smiled back, not knowing exactly how to respond.

"I already told the Headboy what to do." She patted his back. "He'll give you the instructions."

I nodded. "Okay ma'am."

"Good. So I'll leave you two now. I trust that you'll lock up everywhere when you're through?" She looked at Ore who just nodded his answer. "Very good. I expect accurate results from you tomorrow oh, I mean, on Monday. Have a nice day."

And with that, she was off, leaving me and Ore in the lab alone. I sighed and dropped my backpack. I began setting up my equipment as quietly as I could, ignoring but not unaware of the tense and dense silence between both of us.

After I finished setting up, I opened my mouth to ask him what next but he beat me to it.

"It's just like Acid-Base titration, KMnO4 into the burette and the FeCl2 into the conical flask. The end point is known when the mixture turns pink. When left alone for a while, it'll turn colourless. . ." He paused.

"Due to oxidation," we said at the same time.

That was when he looked at me. I smiled but he didn't smile back. My smile dropped. He went back to his work and mumbled incoherent words.

I felt a pang of hurt and guilt in my chest at his reaction. Why was he being so closed off?

Like you're one to talk, abi?

Sheybi you've been avoiding him since?

My inner voice mocked me as I got back to work to perform the experiment.

It didn't take me up to five minutes before I got the color I wanted for the end point. Meanwhile, Ore cussed beside me.

I turned to look at him. His brows were furrowed, like he he couldn't figure out what was up and his jaw kept locking and unlocking. Even as he frowned, I couldn't help but notice how good he looked. He was frowning and was still gorgeous. I didn't realize how long I was staring at him until he said,

"If you keep staring like that, you and I know that you won't get any work done." He was still focused on his experiment and his voice held no trace of humor, not a single trace. He sounded serious. Way too serious.

I cleared my throat awkwardly and looked away, my face becoming hot. The fact that he was right was so annoying.

After I'd carried out three more tests and gotten the same result with the first, I decided it was time to go. I wrote down titre values and all. Then I packed my bag, ready to leave.

Ore cussed again. I turned to look at him. The one time I'd seen him cuss so much was that time in Ashley's party. The night we officially became friends. That's how I knew he was angry. Really angry.

"Um. . .uh, need help?" I asked, my voice coming out more like a squeak.

He chuckled humorlessly. "Nah, I'm fine. That's why I can't get the hang of this stupid experiment!" I flinched when he said that last part because his voice had an edge to it.

I also hinted his sarcasm.

"I can help if you just. . ." I moved towards him and carefully removed his hand from the table. Correction, I tried to remove his hand. He didn't budge. He just stared at me. I felt uncomfortable so I moved away.

This was really awkward.

I had the urge to massage my neck. Like, seriously.

"So, you wanna help me? I thought you were avoiding me? Ignoring me? Thought you forgot I existed."

"I. . .um. . ." This time, I actually massaged my neck.

He scoffed. "Well. . . What do you have to say? Because it's killing me."

I flinched again, unable to process words.

"Boluwaji," he said softly, "tell me if I did something you don't like. I'm sorry. But please, stop ignoring or avoiding me." He took my hands and stared directly into my eyes. "Please. . ."

At that, I melted. I felt so guilty for ignoring him. At that moment, all I wanted to do was come clean with my feelings. Tell him how much I cared. Tell him how much I didn't mean to ignore him.

I was still quiet so he lifted my hands and placed it on his chest. I followed his every action. His heart was beating fast and hard against his rib cage. I was about to ask him why he placed my hand on his chest but again he spoke, beating me to it.

"Wanna know why it's beating so fast? It's because of you, Waji. It's all you."

I swallowed saliva, for some reason. I still didn't know what to say. In fact, I lost the ability to speak. He continued.

"I swear to you Boluwaji, you're the first and only girl who's made me feel this way. My heart racing each time I see you or even when your name is mentioned. My thoughts starting and ending with you, every single freaking day. . ." He trailed off and moved closer to me, dropping my hands from his chest. "And I'm not hiding it anymore. Not hiding the fact that I have fallen for you. Being away from you is so hard. . . having you ignore me is terrible. . ."

"But. . ." I started, then paused. I tried to arrange my thoughts and think of what to say.

I wanted to be with him and I was really stunned that he felt the same way too. Like, how would a whole Ore Jumai confess this to me without me feeling on cloud nine? Even though he flirted a lot, I could tell he wasn't lying. He looked so sincere and that sincerity flattered me. No cap.

"I. . ." I muttered as I looked up at him. I didn't even get the chance to complete whatever I was going to say because at that moment, he closed the distance between us and connected his lips with mine.

And it might sound cliche to say it felt like heaven but that was exactly what it felt like. I was really stunned and I didn't know what to do at first because this was my first time and he was definitely a professional. But after a few seconds, I got the hang of it and it was like I'd known how to do it for years.

I felt pure bliss and euphoria even as he deepened the kiss. I wrapped my hands around his neck and ran my fingers through his hair, something I'd wanted to do for a long, long time. It made me smile. He pulled me even closer with his arms around my waist.

It was sweet. The way he kissed me and the fact that it wasn't rushed, aggressive or hungry. The fact that it was soft and not needy.

We pulled away and he stared at me, smile tugging his lips. I looked down. He lifted my chin up and made me look at him. Monkeys were having a gymnastics party in my stomach and my cheeks were hot.

"Well, well well," he said, his voice sounding amused, " I didn't know you had it in you, mama."

"Um. . ." I blushed and looked down again.

"I knew you liked me too," he said again and winked at me.

"Who said anything about liking you? Was it not you that confessed to me just now? You were like; 'oh, Bolu, I'd die without you!' " I placed a hand on my chest dramatically and made a face, mocking him.

"Now I definitely didn't say that and neither do I talk like that." He chuckled.

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Go out with me."

"Ye_ wait, what?" I shook my head in shock.

"Go out with me, please?" He squeezed my hands as he held them again.

Hold up. Calm down. Did Ore Jumai just ask me out?

*Insert eyeballs emoji*

"But, what about Chidera? I mean, you'd be cheating on her?"

He shrugged. "I already cheated anyway. I just kissed you."

"But_"

"Please don't say no." He pouted.

"But_"

"Please, mama." He pleaded again. "Nobody has to know."

I exhaled. I knew this was wrong and totally selfish and I knew it held grave consequences. I knew it was seriously wrong but at that moment, I decided not to let my conscience stab me with guilt. I tuned off all the other voices warning about this.

With a small smile, I looked at him shyly and said, "okay. I'll go."

👀👀👀

😁😁

Hi!

Who saw what I just saw now?

Wait, what did I see sef?🤔🤔

Lmaoooo😂😂😂

Okay, wassup guys?

How are you?

I'm not exactly sure this chapter went the way you expected but oh, well🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️ it is what it is😌😌😌

So. . .lemme know what you think!

#orewaji finally kissed😂😂😂 you people have seen it. I think I can have a little peace of mind 😂😂😂😂

Few questions before I make some announcements.

> What do you think is happening with Nina? Is anything really happening with her?

>Do you think Ayo will find out wetin dey sup?

>What happened to Ayo on that dreaded day? What memory do you think he's talking about?

>What do you think will happen between Ore and Chidera?

>Do you think Bolu should have agreed to go out with him?

> Science students, can you remember redox titration??

Okay, the last question is totally unrelated 😂😂😂😂

Please comment your thoughts, lemme know what y'all think!

Now to the announcements. . .

> I opened a blog😁 yes I did and it's for writing stuff. I'll post the link on my message board and in my bio so you can get the full gist. I'll really need y'all's support on this fam🥺🥺🥺

> Second. Abeg, if you have not checked out the new book for Reviews and Interviews that I just published, goan check ohhh. The first interview will be out soon and I'm sure you guys are gonna love it. So please, tori Olorun, goan check. Read the introduction and tag others 🥺🥺🥺🥺

> This announcement will be announced later 😁

Okay guys! Vote and Share.

Thank y'all for your support so far. The rankings of this book have increased. Keep voting, keep reading. Thank you guys so much🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺 I love youuuuuu❤️❤️❤️❤️

Stay blessed up❤️

~Ife🌚❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 687 19
After being rejected by her high school crush, Jumoke decides to leave her past behind and focus more on being a working woman. But when fate decides...
11.5K 2.2K 53
ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ sแด‡แด‡ แด›สœส€แดแดœษขสœ sแด‡ส€ษชแด‡s(sแด›s) "๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™ ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’, ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก, ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’...
45.2K 10.6K 37
A NIGERIAN THEMED NOVEL "You have got your tities out and panties in a twist but your crush doesn't still notice you." Ore is a sixteen-year-old unde...
11.5K 1.8K 32
Meet Channelle. A young, teenage girl moved from Abuja to Lagos, due to her father's new employment. For her last year of high school, her parents en...