A Hogwarts Journey - The Phil...

By CaitlynHeddle

Chloe Carter had just been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and she was just 11 years... More

Introduction & Characters
Chapter 1 - Getting her Hogwarts Letter
Chapter 2 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 3 - The Hogwarts Express
Chapter 4 - Great Hall, the Sorting Hat & the Common Rooms
Chapter 5 - A Day at Hogwarts
Chapter 6 - The Third Floor Corridor & Charms Class
Chapter 7 - The Troll & Quidditch Game
Chapter 8 - Hanging out with Draco & Fight with Harry
Chapter 9 - Making up with Harry & Home for the Christmas Break
Chapter 10 - Christmas Day at the Carters
Chapter 11 - Visiting Hermione & Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 12 - Hagrid's Hut and Getting caught by Professor McGonagall
Chapter 13 - Detention with Hagrid & Fight with Draco
Chapter 14 - Talk with Hagrid & The Gryffindor Common Room
Chapter 15 - Journey to the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 17 - Reuniting with Harry & The House Cup Feast
Chapter 18 - Going Back Home
Author's Note

Chapter 16 - Harry's defeat of Quirrell/Voldemort

20 0 0
By CaitlynHeddle

So, Ron is okay now from his sacrifice in the chess game and him, Hermione and Chloe are all in their own Common Rooms but Harry was on his way to get to the Philosopher's Stone but was met by someone that he didn't expect to meet and it wasn't Snape...👀

Harry was currently walking down a long staircase to an empty room with pillars all around it. The Mirror of Erised was in the middle of the room that Harry was in and a man is standing before it and it was Professor Quirrell, the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher of Hogwarts. 

Harry yelped and grabbed his scar, "You?" he asked as he saw Professor Quirrell turning around to face him, "No. It can't be...Snape. He was the one.." he continued to say, but Professor Quirrell interrupted Harry. 

"Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to me, who would suspect, p-p-poor s-stuttering Professor Quirrell." Professor Quirrell said with a sly smile creeping onto his face. 

"B-but, that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me." Harry said, confused and shocked that it was Professor Quirrell standing in front of him. 

"No, dear boy. I tried to kill you! And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little counter-curse." Professor Quirrell said in an evil tone and saw Harry looking surprised about Professor Snape saving him that day during the Quidditch match. 

"Snape was trying to...save me?" Harry said in a surprise tone to his voice and saw Professor Quirrell nodding his head at him. 

"I knew you were a danger right from the off. Especially after Halloween." Professor Quirrell said and stared at Harry with an evil glint in his eye. 

"Th-then you let the troll in." Harry stuttered out his words and saw Professor Quirrell smiling evilly at him. 

"Very good, Potter, yes. Snape, unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running to the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. He rarely left me alone." Professor Quirrell said and turned back to face the mirror which made Harry's scar hurt, "But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone. Never. Now...what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?" Professor Quirrell said and looked closer in the mirror. 

"Use the boy." a raspy voice came out of nowhere as Harry looked around to see where the voice was coming from. 

Professor Quirrell turned back around to face Harry and raised his arm up, "Come here, Potter, now!" he said as Harry started to walk forward towards the mirror shakily. 

"Tell me. What do you see?" Professor Quirrell said to Harry and looked into the mirror just like Harry was doing. 

Harry looked into the mirror and saw himself in the mirror. Harry's mirror self brought his hand into his pocket and took out a red stone and then winked at Harry before putting the stone back into his pocket. 

Harry then reached into his jean pocket very subtly and felt a lump in his pocket and then gasped as he looked back at the mirror. 

"What is it?! What do you see?!" Professor Quirrell asked Harry what he can see in the Mirror of Erised. 

"I-I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the house cup." Harry lied to Professor Quirrell as he heard that same voice he heard just a few minutes ago. 

"He lies." the voice came out of nowhere as Professor Quirrell stared at Harry. 

"Tell the truth! What do you see?!" Professor Quirrell shouted at Harry, as the voice that Harry could hear but couldn't see spoke once again. 

"Let me speak to him." the voice said, speaking directly at Professor Quirrell.

"Master, you are not strong enough." Professor Quirrell said to the voice as Harry looked confused at what was going on. 

"I have strength enough for this." the voice spoke out once again to Professor Quirrell. 

Professor Quirrell then unwrapped his purple turban and on the side opposite his face was another face that was planted and it was Voldemort who appeared like a snake. Voldemort stretched out his face and faced Harry through the mirror. 

"Harry Potter. We meet again." Voldemort said in an evil whisper. 

"Voldemort." Harry said in shock as he had now just met his enemy. 

"Yes. You see what I have become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another. A mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can. Something, that conveniently enough, lies in your pocket!" Voldemort said looking straight at Harry who then turned around and started to run off in the direction that he came from. 

"Stop him!" Voldemort shouted as Professor Quirrell snapped his fingers and fire erupted all around the room, leaving Harry stuck, "Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?!" Voldemort said and saw Harry slowly turning back around to face him. 

Harry shook his head at Voldemort, "Never!" he said as he looked around the room that was filling up with fire figuring out a way to escape the room. 

"Haha. Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me, Harry, would you like to see your mother and father again? Together, we can bring them back." Voldemort said as the Mirror showed Harry's parents faces for Harry to see them, "All I ask for is something in return." Voldemort said and saw Harry taking out the Philosopher's Stone from his pocket, "That's it, Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone!" Voldemort said as Harry's parents vanished from the mirror. 

"You liar!" Harry yelled out to Voldemort while holding the stone in his hand.

"Kill him!" Voldemort said, talking directly with Professor Quirrell. 

Professor Quirrell soared through the air and smashed right into Harry with one hand on Harry's throat and they both fell onto the steps. The Philosopher's Stone fell out of Harry's reach as Professor Quirrell is trying to choke Harry and Harry is straining and squeaking while under the hold of Professor Quirrell. 

Harry then put his hand on Quirrell's hand, trying to get him off and smoke had started to appear from under Quirrell's hand. 

"Ahh! Ahh!" Professor Quirrell said and started to back up as his hand was crumbling into a mountain of black ash, "What is this magic?" he asked and saw his hand being dissipated. 

"Fool! Get the stone!" Voldemort shouted to Professor Quirrell who then walked forwards towards Harry. 

Harry put both of his hands onto Quirrell's face, "Ahhhhhhhhh!" Professor Quirrell screamed out in pain.

Professor Quirrell then backed up once again and his face which is horrendously burned crumbled as Quirrell walked forwards to Harry again. Quirrell's whole body then turned into ash and fell onto the floor and Harry gasped at what just happened. 

Harry looked at his own hands and hurried over to the stone and picked it up and sighed when he heard something in the room. Harry turned around and saw a dust cloud with Voldemort's face on it as the cloud rushed forward right through Harry. 

"Arrhhhhh!" Voldemort screamed while going through Harry's body. 

"Ahhhhhh!" Harry screamed in pain as Voldemort flew away and Harry then fell onto the ground unconscious. Harry was also holding the stone in an outstretched hand. 

Harry is now bandaged and lying on a bed in the Hospital Wing after the incident with Professor Quirrell and Voldemort. 

Harry woke up, put on his glasses and then sat up in his bed and there were cards and candy all over Harry's bed as Professor Dumbledore approached Harry in his bed. 

"Good afternoon, Harry. Ah. Tokens from your admirers?" Professor Dumbledore said and looked around Harry's bed to see various cards and candy lying out. 

"Admirers?" Harry asked Professor Dumbledore confused as he saw Professor Dumbledore looking right at Harry. 

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows." Professor Dumbledore said as he and Harry both smiled at one another, "Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs." Professor Dumbledore said and continued looking around the candy table that was laying on a table in front of Harry. 

"Ron was here? Is he all right? What about Hermione and Chloe?" Harry asked Professor Dumbledore with concern in his voice because he wanted to know if his three best friends were okay. 

"Fine. They're all just fine." Professor Dumbledore said and gave a small smile to Harry who sighed in relief to know that Ron, Hermione and Chloe were all okay. 

"But, what happened to the Stone?" Harry then asked Professor Dumbledore in a panicked voice. 

"Relax, dear boy. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed that it was best all around." Professor Dumbledore said to Harry calmly to try and get Harry to relax a bit. 

"But Flamel, he'll die, won't he?" Harry asked Professor Dumbledore who calmly walked over to Harry's bed and sat down on the edge of the bed. 

"He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die." Professor Dumbledore said in his calm voice once again. 

"How is it that I got the Stone, sir? One minute, I was staring in the mirror and the next..." Harry began to say but got interrupted by Professor Dumbledore. 

"Ah. You see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And, between you and me, that's saying something." Professor Dumbledore said as he and Harry both smiled at each other once again. 

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone, I mean, that Voldemort can never come back?" Harry asked Professor Dumbledore and saw him nodding his head at him.

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return. Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?" Professor Dumbledore said and saw Harry shaking his hand and continued on, "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark." Professor Dumbledore said and saw Harry touching his scar, "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin." Professor Dumbledore finished explaining to Harry about Voldemort possibly returning. 

"What is it?" Harry asked Professor Dumbledore as he continued looking right at Professor Dumbledore. 

"Love, Harry, love." Professor Dumbledore said and patted Harry's head and stood up from Harry's bed and walked over to the candy table, "Ah. Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one, and since then I have lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee..." Professor Dumbledore said and took a brown jelly bean and ate it, "Mm. Alas. Earwax." he then said and walked out of the Hospital Wing leaving Harry to get some rest for the night. 

Harry is spending the night in the hospital wing, but will soon be reunited with Ron, Hermione and Chloe who had spent the entire night worrying about him since they last left him 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198 0 14
❝ Friendship should be a place where you feel comfortable and accepted. ❞ Until now Ileana Castro was fearing that she was just a normal kid. But whe...
376K 10.6K 64
Millie Donovan's Hogwarts adventure continues here in her third year at Hogwarts, when she finally realises her feelings for her famous best friend...
338K 9.7K 36
Hermione Granger was 16 and in her 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She had the best friends that anyone could ever ask for an...
374K 7.9K 52
Chloe Weasley, the twin to Ron and oldest daughter to Molly and Arthur. Chloe is about to start her first year at Hogwarts, where she will meet the...