A Hogwarts Journey - The Phil...

By CaitlynHeddle

Chloe Carter had just been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and she was just 11 years... More

Introduction & Characters
Chapter 1 - Getting her Hogwarts Letter
Chapter 2 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 3 - The Hogwarts Express
Chapter 4 - Great Hall, the Sorting Hat & the Common Rooms
Chapter 5 - A Day at Hogwarts
Chapter 6 - The Third Floor Corridor & Charms Class
Chapter 7 - The Troll & Quidditch Game
Chapter 8 - Hanging out with Draco & Fight with Harry
Chapter 9 - Making up with Harry & Home for the Christmas Break
Chapter 10 - Christmas Day at the Carters
Chapter 11 - Visiting Hermione & Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 12 - Hagrid's Hut and Getting caught by Professor McGonagall
Chapter 13 - Detention with Hagrid & Fight with Draco
Chapter 14 - Talk with Hagrid & The Gryffindor Common Room
Chapter 16 - Harry's defeat of Quirrell/Voldemort
Chapter 17 - Reuniting with Harry & The House Cup Feast
Chapter 18 - Going Back Home
Author's Note

Chapter 15 - Journey to the Philosopher's Stone

16 0 0
By CaitlynHeddle

This chapter will be long because it will show Harry, Ron, Hermione and Chloe's journey through the various obstacles to get to the Philosopher's Stone, so I hope you guys enjoy! 💕

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Chloe were sneaking along a corridor quietly under the Invisibility Cloak that Harry got at Christmas.

"Ow! You stood on my foot!" Hermione whispered out loud so only Ron, Harry and Chloe could hear her.

"Sorry! My fault." Ron whispered back as they reached the door of the room that Fluffy was in.

Hermione then drew out her wand from her pocket and pointed it towards the door while Harry, Ron and Chloe were standing behind her still under the Invisibility Cloak.

"Alohomora." Hermione said quietly as the door opened and her, Ron, Chloe and Harry walked into the room where Fluffy was and took off the Invisibility Cloak since they were sure that they wouldn't get caught.

"Wait a minute...he's..." Ron began to say as he felt a blow of air coming towards him, Harry, Hermione and Chloe, "Sleeping." he then said and looked at his three friends who was looking at a harp that was playing in the corner of the room.

"Snape's already been here! He's put a spell on the harp." Harry said as he, Ron, Hermione and Chloe started to approach the sleeping dog slowly.

"Uh. It's got horrible breath!" Ron said as he put his hand over his nose to cover the horrible smell coming from Fluffy.

"We have to move its paw." Harry said and saw Ron looking at him in shock.

"What?!" Ron exclaimed and then heard Chloe from beside him as he turned to look at Chloe.

"We have to! To get to the trapdoor underneath it!" Chloe said and approached closer to the paw with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Come on then!" Harry said as he grabbed a paw which was blocking the trapdoor along with Ron, Hermione and Chloe, "Okay. Push!" Harry then said as they all started to move the paw away from the trapdoor with great difficulty because the paw was too heavy but they managed to see the trapdoor and moved the paw next to it.

"I'll go first. Don't follow me until I give you a sign." Harry said quietly to Ron, Hermione and Chloe as Fluffy's eyes started to open, but the four of them didn't notice that it got quiet in the room, "If something bad happens, get yourselves out! Does it seem a bit...quiet now?" Harry said, finally noticing that the room got quiet and saw Chloe nodding her head at him.

"The harp. It stopped playing." Hermione said as drool from one of Fluffy's heads came dripping down onto Ron's shoulder.

"Ew! Yuck. Ugh." Ron said as him, Harry, Hermione and Chloe all looked up to see Fluffy standing above them as Fluffy barked, growled and thrashed about and ended up breaking the harp before it dived towards Harry, Ron, Hermione and Chloe who all looked at each other.

"Guys! We need go, now!" Chloe said and looked at the trapdoor in front of her and then looked up at Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Jump! Go!" Harry said as he, Ron, Hermione and Chloe all jumped through the trapdoor to get away from Fluffy.

"Ahh!" Ron shouted out as he, Harry, Hermione and Chloe landed on some mushy black ropelike vines, "Whoa. Lucky, this plant-thing is here, really." Ron said and looked around the space that he was in along with Harry, Hermione and Chloe.

"Whoa!" Harry shouted out as the plant began to move towards him, Ron, Hermione and Chloe, "Oh. Ahh!" he then said as the plant started to tie the four of them up.

"Stop moving, all three of you! This is Devil's Snare. You have to relax. If you don't, it will only kill you faster." Hermione explained what the plant was and saw the shock looks on Harry, Ron and Chloe's faces.

"WHAT?! Why did you have to tell us this?" Chloe yelled out to Hermione as she was still moving about and the plant was only tying her tighter.

"Kill us faster?! Oh, sure, now I can relax!" Ron shouted out to Hermione as he saw Hermione giving a small smile to him, Harry and Chloe.

Hermione relaxed once again in her space and she immediately got sucked down below onto the ground and Harry, Ron and Chloe were panicking because they thought Hermione was in danger.

"Hermione!" Harry, Ron and Chloe all shouted out at the time and began moving in their spaces frantically again.

"Now, what are we gonna do?" Ron shouted out to Harry and Chloe who was looking around them to see what they can do to escape the plant that was tying them tighter as time went on.

"Just relax!" Hermione's voice yelled out from below them which caused Harry, Ron and Chloe to look around to see where Hermione's voice was coming from.

"Hermione! Where are you?!" Harry yelled out to Hermione who was standing on the ground beneath him, Ron and Chloe.

"Do what I say. Trust me." Hermione said as Chloe looked back at Harry and Ron who was looking at Chloe with a scared expression on their face.

"We need to trust Hermione. I know I do." Chloe said to Harry and Ron as she relaxed into the plant and got sucked through immediately and landed on the ground below them with a thud.

Hermione put out her hand towards Chloe to help her get up from the ground and Chloe looked up at Hermione and saw her smiling at her. Chloe grabbed Hermione's hand and got up from the ground with the help of Hermione.

"Thank you." Chloe said to Hermione with a little smile on her face and saw Hermione smiling back at her as they both looked up at Harry and Ron who was still tied into the plants above them.

"Chloe!" Harry and Ron both shouted Chloe's name to make sure that she was okay.

"Guys! I'm okay, but you need to trust us!" Chloe shouted out to Harry and Ron from the ground below them.

Harry looked at Ron and then relaxed himself within the plants. Harry felt himself being sucked through the plants and landed on the ground hard. Hermione and Chloe walked over to Harry and helped him get up from the ground.

"Harry!" Ron shouted out Harry's name to see if he was okay just like he did when he shouted out Hermione and Chloe's name.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked Harry who nodded his head at her.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." Harry said as he, Hermione and Chloe looked up to see if Ron had managed to relax and get himself down onto the ground where Harry, Hermione and Chloe were.

"Help!" Ron repeatedly shouted out to Harry, Hermione and Chloe who was standing on the ground beneath Ron.

"He's not relaxing, is he?" Hermione said and shook her head and looked at Harry and Chloe.

"Apparently not." Harry said and looked around the ground to see if there was anything to help Ron to relax but he couldn't find anything that could help Ron.

"Help! Help me!" Ron shouted out once again as Chloe then looked at Harry and Hermione with a panicked look on her face.

"We need to help Ron!" Chloe said to Harry and Hermione as she saw Hermione thinking to herself about how to help out Ron at Devil's Snare.

"We've got to do something!" Hermione said while thinking of what to do to help Ron that was struggling to relax above them.

"What?" Harry asked Hermione and then looked at Chloe who shrugged her shoulders, not knowing what to do as they both then looked at Hermione who thought of something to help Ron.

"Uh! I remember reading something in Herbology..." Hermione began to say as they all heard Ron shouting out help for him repeatedly, "Um, Devil's Snare, Devil's Scare," she then said as the Snare then shut Ron's mouth, "It's deadly fun... but will sulk in the sun! That's it! Devil's Snare hates sunlight!" Hermione said in a pleased voice and looked towards Harry and Chloe who had smiles on their faces.

Hermione took out her wand from her pocket and pointed it upwards, "Lumus Solem!" she said as a beam of light shot out of her wand and they heard the Snare shrieking and recoiling before seeing Ron fall down onto the ground where Hermione, Harry and Chloe were standing.

"Ahh!" Ron said as he landed with a thud on the ground.

"Ron, are you okay?" Harry asked Ron as he helped him get up from the ground.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Ron said as he grabbed Harry's arm to help himself up from the ground.

"Okay." Harry said as he was still holding onto Ron and looked at Hermione and Chloe.

Ron stood up from the ground and let go of Harry's arm and looked at Harry, Hermione and Chloe, "Whew. Lucky that we didn't panic!" he said as he saw Chloe shaking her head at him.

"Well, Hermione didn't panic at all. Harry and I trusted Hermione enough to relax and we all managed to escape Devil's Snare. I think you need to listen to Hermione more." Chloe said and rolled her eyes at Ron.

"Alright. Alright. I promise to listen to Hermione more." Ron said and looked at Hermione with a sorry look on his face.

"You're lucky that Hermione pays attention in Herbology." Harry said as he, Ron, Hermione and Chloe all heard a sound and they all looked at each other.

"What was that?" Hermione asked Harry, Ron and Chloe who all shrugged their shoulders.

"I don't know. Sounds like wings though." Harry said as he, Ron, Hermione and Chloe all entered into a room filled with golden birds with keys on them.

"Curious. I've never seen birds like these." Hermione said as she, Chloe, Ron and Harry all looked around the room that they were in.

"Neither have I, Hermione." Chloe said and looked back at Harry who was still looking around the room.

"They're not birds, they're keys! And I'll bet one of them fits that door." Harry pointed at the door in front of him, Ron, Hermione and Chloe as they came upon a broomstick that was suspended in the air.

"What's this all about?" Hermione asked Harry, Ron and Chloe who all shrugged their shoulders at her.

"I don't know. Strange." Harry said and looked over at Ron who was creeping over to the door with Chloe behind him.

Ron took out his wand from his robe pocket and pointed it towards the door in front of him, "Alohomora." he said as the lock rattled but it didn't open, so Ron looked back at Harry, Hermione and Chloe and shrugged his shoulders at them, "Well, it was worth a try." he said as he looked around the room once more.

Chloe was standing next to Ron at the door and looked at Harry and Hermione who was figuring out what to do next.

"Ugh! What are we going to do? There must be like a 1000 keys up there!" Hermione said in frustration and looked around the room again.

"We're looking for a big old fashioned one. Probably rusty like the handle." Ron said as he, Hermione, Chloe and Harry looked around the room full of flying keys to find a key that would fit in the lock of the door.

"There! I see it!" Harry said and pointed towards the key for Ron, Hermione and Chloe to see it, "The one with the broken wing!" he said and looked at the broomstick in front of him.

"What's wrong, Harry?" Hermione asked Harry who was still looking at the broomstick in front of him.

"It's too simple though." Harry said and turned to look at Ron, Hermione and Chloe who was standing near the door.

"You need to go and grab the key, Harry! You can do it, I know you can! You're the seeker of the Gryffindor Quidditch team!" Chloe said and encouraged Harry to get the key as she looked at Ron who was nodding his head to agree with Chloe.

"Oh, go on, Harry! If Snape can catch it on that old broomstick, you can! Just like what Chloe said, you're the youngest seeker in a century!" Ron said and smiled at Harry and then looked back at Chloe who was smiling back at Ron as they both looked back at Harry.

Harry nodded his head at Ron and Chloe and grabbed the broomstick in front of him. All of the flying keys suddenly go into one direction which was straight at Harry and Harry climbed onto the broomstick and swiped at them.

"This complicates things a bit!" Ron said as he, Hermione and Chloe followed Harry around the room towards the door.

Harry pushed his broomstick off into the air and flew off after the key that he was after and the other keys started to follow Harry behind him. Harry grabbed the key that he was after within minutes of flying with the broomstick.

"Yes! You've got the key!" Chloe shouted out from below the ground as she stood next to the door beside Ron and Hermione.

"Catch the key!" Harry said and zoomed past on his broomstick and threw the key towards Hermione who caught the key.

Hermione headed for the lock on the door as Harry distracted the other keys in the air and Hermione then put the caught key into the lock and started opening the door.

"Hurry up!" Ron said as he and Chloe looked at Harry flying around the room and looked back at Hermione.

The door opened as Ron, Hermione and Chloe ran through the door followed quickly by Harry who flew through the door with his broomstick and they all shut the door and heard the flying keys slamming against the door.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Chloe all entered a dark room with broken pieces all around the room as they all looked around the room to see what the next obstacle was to get to the Philosopher's Stone.

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all." Hermione whispered to Harry, Ron and Chloe as they slowly approached the obstacle in the room.

"Why did we even decide to go after Snape and the Philosopher's Stone in the first place? But, we must keep going, we must be almost there!" Chloe whispered to Harry, Ron and Hermione and walked alongside Hermione as they both looked around the room to see what it was that was in the room.

"Where are we? A graveyard." Harry said and jumped at the sound of Ron's voice from next to him as he then looked towards at Ron who was looking back at Harry, Hermione and Chloe.

"This is no graveyard." Ron said and sighed still looking at Harry, Hermione and Chloe, "It's a chessboard." he then said and walked out onto the marble board.

The flames then lit up and illuminated the board and the giant chess pieces in front of Ron. Harry, Hermione and Chloe shortly joined Ron and saw the giant chessboard in front of them.

"There's the door! Let's go!" Harry said and pointed at the door in front of him, Ron, Hermione and Chloe.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Chloe started to walk across the chessboard heading towards the door and when they reached a line of pawns, the pawns brought up their swords which made the four of them jump out of their skin and backed away from the pawns.

"Now, what do we do?" Hermione said and looked at Harry, Ron and Chloe who was looking at the chessboard in front of them.

"Don't tell me that we have to play this as a game of chess?" Chloe said and looked at Ron who nodded his head at her.

"It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room." Ron said and saw Chloe nodding her head at him, "All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. Chloe, you'll be a pawn and as for me, I'll be a knight." Ron said as he, Harry, Hermione and Chloe all took their places on the giant chessboard in front of them.

"What happens now?" Hermione asked Ron from her space on the chessboard as she looked up at Ron who was sitting on a horse.

"Well, white moves first, and then...we play." Ron said as they all saw a white pawn on the other side of the chessboard moving forward.

Ron then studied the game in front of him trying to figure out the best way to get across the chessboard and Harry, Hermione and Chloe were all looking at Ron waiting for him to say his first move of the game.

"Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?" Hermione asked Ron as she looked up at Ron once again who was still studying the game in front of him.

"You there! D-5!" Ron said and pointed to a black pawn as it moved forward, diagonally to the white pawn.

The white pawn raised its swords and smashed the black pawn into pieces which made him, Harry, Hermione and Chloe jump.

"Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!" Ron said and looked at Hermione who was scared of what was going to happen in the game and looked at Chloe who was looking at Hermione with a panicked look on her face.

"This is not going to be good." Chloe mouthed to Hermione as she nodded her head to agree with Chloe while listening to Ron getting on with the chess game.

The chess game continued for a while as piece after piece got smashed by each other and Harry, Ron, Hermione and Chloe all moved around the chess game by the instruction of Ron who was really good at wizard's chess.

"Castle to E-4!" Ron shouted out as the chess piece smashed against each other, "Chloe to C-3!" Ron said to Chloe who moved to C-3 and ducked the smash coming towards her.

The Queen turned to the side and smashed one of the opposite pieces which made Harry, Ron, Hermione and Chloe all wince. The Queen then turned once again as both Harry and Ron studied the game in front of them and Harry realised what was going to happen next.

"Wait a minute." Harry said, realization dawned upon on his face and looked at Ron with a concerned look on his face.

"You understand right, Harry? Once I make my move, the Queen will take me... then you'll be free to check the King." Ron said and looked at Harry who was nodding his head because he didn't want his best friend to sacrifice himself for him.

"No, Ron! No!" Harry shouted, trying to get Ron to think of another way to beat the game than the way that they both were thinking of and Chloe and Hermione looked between Harry and Ron confused at what they were talking about.

"What is it?" Hermione asked both Harry and Ron as Harry looked between Hermione and Chloe still with a concerned look on his face.

"He's going to sacrifice himself!" Harry said and looked back at Ron who was already bracing himself for his next move.

"No, Ron, you can't!" Hermione looked at Ron who then closed his eyes, "There must be another way to do this without you sacrificing yourself." she then said and looked around the room to see if there was another way to do the game instead of the move that Ron was about to do.

"We can't lose you, Ron. You can't do this to yourself!" Chloe shouted at Ron, trying to stop him from sacrificing himself as she saw Ron turn to face her and Hermione.

"Do you want to stop Snape or not?" Ron said and saw Hermione and Chloe look down onto the ground because they knew that Ron was right as he then looked back at Harry, "Harry, it's you that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, not Chloe, you." Ron said and saw Harry nodding his head, "Knight to....H-3." Ron said as his horse moved forwards then slid towards the spot and stopped in his spot.

"Check." Ron said and braced himself for what was going to happen next.

The Queen turned around and advanced towards Ron as he breathed faster and clutched the steel reins on his piece and saw the Queen stop in front of him. There was a loud smash noise as Harry, Hermione and Chloe all saw Ron flying off the horse and landed on the floor, unconscious with pieces hitting Ron in the face.

"OH MY GOD, RON!!" Chloe shouted out to see if Ron heard her voice but there was no sign of Ron moving about in his space.

"RON!" Harry shouted out to Ron too and looked at Hermione and Chloe who started to walk towards Ron to see if he was alright.

"NO! Don't move! Don't forget that we're still playing." Harry shouted at Chloe and Hermione who moved back to their spaces on the giant chessboard and they both looked at Harry waiting for the next move.

Harry walked diagonally in front of the King and looked up at the King, "Checkmate." he said as the King's sword fell onto the ground in victory and Harry breathed out a sigh of relief that they won the game due to Ron's sacrifice.

Harry, Hermione and Chloe all ran toward Ron who laid down onto the ground unconscious and bent down beside him to check him out for any injuries or consciousness.

Harry then looked up at Hermione and Chloe, "Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery and send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...I have to go on." he said and looked down at Ron and then looked back up at Hermione and Chloe who was smiling at Harry.

"You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard, you really are." Hermione said and smiled at Harry once again.

"Not as good as you, though." Harry said to Hermione with a smile on his face.

Hermione smiled at Harry, "Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendships and bravery." she said as she and Harry both looked at Chloe with smiles on their faces.

"You just need to believe in yourself, Harry that you are a great wizard and you know that we will be okay. We will take Ron to the hospital and one of us can stay with Ron and one of us can go to the owlery to send a message to Dumbledore." Chloe said to Harry who nodded his head and smiled once again at both Chloe and Hermione who smiled back at Harry.

"And Harry, just be careful." Hermione said and looked at Harry and Chloe.

"Good luck!" Chloe said and saw Harry nodding his head at them.

Harry then stood up from where he was bending down next to Ron and gave a smile to both Chloe and Hermione before walking away from them to finish off the job.

Chloe looked back down at Ron and then back up at Hermione, "Should we take Ron to the hospital wing?" she asked Hermione who nodded her head at Chloe.

"Yeah, let's go! I'll stay with Ron in the hospital wing and you can go to the owlery to send a message to Dumbledore. Sounds good?" Hermione said and saw Chloe nodding her head at her.

Hermione and Chloe both lifted Ron off the ground and put each of Ron's arms around the pair of them and they started to walk back the way that they came from to get to the hospital wing so that Ron can get looked over for any injuries.

A while later, Chloe joined Hermione again in the hospital wing after going to the owlery to send a message to Dumbledore and sat down next to her waiting for Ron to wake up from his unconsciousness.

Chloe looked at Hermione, "Everything is fine. I sent a message to Dumbledore in the owlery so I'm hoping he gets the message. What did Madam Pomfrey say about Ron? Is he okay?" she said as she saw Hermione looking back at her.

"That's great news! Dumbledore will definitely get the message. Madam Pomfrey says that Ron should be okay after he wakes up and she will give Ron some medicine to take to help him recover better." Hermione said and heard a sigh of relief from Chloe.

"I'm pleased to know that Ron will be okay, but now I'm worried about Harry. I wonder how he is doing, anyway." Chloe said and saw Hermione smiling at her to which Chloe smiled back at her.

"I'm sure Harry will be okay." Hermione said as she and Chloe continued to talk to each other through the evening waiting for Ron to wake up.

Once Ron woke up and got medicine from Madam Pomfrey, Chloe and Hermione explained everything to Ron about what happened after he was unconscious and Ron was pleased that Harry went the rest of the way on his own and Ron also thanked Chloe and Hermione for taking him to the hospital wing.

When Madam Pomfrey gave Ron the all clear from the hospital wing, Ron, Hermione and Chloe all made their way out of the hospital wing and walked towards their own Common Rooms for the night talking about Harry and the night that they just had.

Hermione and Chloe are on their way to take Ron to the hospital wing while Harry goes on to search for the Philosopher's Stone! ☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 9.7K 36
Hermione Granger was 16 and in her 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She had the best friends that anyone could ever ask for an...
31.7K 1.6K 30
❝you're the only family i have now❞ ━︎𝘿𝘼𝙄𝙎𝙔 𝘿𝙐𝙍𝙎𝙇𝙀𝙔 had a perfectly normal childhood, until her very odd cousin Harry receives a very pec...
3.9K 344 21
[content warning: strong language] cover by @plutointhestars scarlett has been lonely for as long as she can remember. her mother isn't that interest...
376K 10.6K 64
Millie Donovan's Hogwarts adventure continues here in her third year at Hogwarts, when she finally realises her feelings for her famous best friend...