REBIRTH OF THE VILLAINESS ¦ C...

By aesmethyst

HIGHEST RANK #8 IN PARANORMAL (CATEGORY) "You cannot deceive the deceiver." Ashanti could not figure out... More

Rebirth of the Villainess
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
L

XLIX

1.3K 55 8
By aesmethyst

Martyr

Tanghali na nang imulat ni Ashanti ang kaniyang mata. Namumugto iyon mula sa pag-iyak kagabi. Ang mga nalaman ay hindi pa rin matanggap ng kaniyang isipan.

She could not believe that she was really the villainess, not only in Calista's life but also to all people in her surroundings.

Mag-isa siyang kumain sa loob ng kwarto. Hindi pa rin niya nakakausap si Giovanni simula kahapon. The guilt would always pass her just imagining his face. She knew what would happen, and it made her thoughts worse.

Mabagal niyang nginuya ang kinakain. Ayaw tanggapin ng kaniyang katawan ang pagkain ngunit hindi pu-pwedeng walang laman ang kaniyang tiyan lalo ngayong ayaw na niyang dagdagan pa ang pagaalala ng lalaki.

She still could not answer if being a Governanti was a blessing or not. At first, she thought the rebirth was support from the heavens to get back Kalen from Calista. Every time she would open her eyes, every time the day would pass, every time the past events would reverse, her perspective about being a Governanti was also changing.

She wiped her cheeks when a tear escaped from her eyes. Calista then popped into her mind. If she did not have rebirth after their debut, the shares and the man she loved would go to her step-sister. If she was the past Ashanti, she would not let it happen, ever. Presently that she was experiencing everything about Restabili made her change the answer.

Isang katok ang nagpatigil sa kaniya sa pagiisip. Her eyes enlarged when it was her friend Jaxon who opened the door and entered the room. Mabilis niyang itinabi ang pinagkainan at binigyan ito ng yakap.

"It's been a while..."

"Yes, obviously," he said then ruffled her hair. "It felt like I stayed in the camp for decades."

She pouted then sat. Umupo rin ang lalaki sa tabi nito bago nagsalita. "How are you? I heard about what happened."

"I'm still... Confused," she honestly replied. "Everything is messy."

"Arsace is messy. Thankfully I get assigned here to Gio's mansion. I get a chance to see you."

Doon naman siya napatingin sa lalaki ng may kunot sa noo. "Assigned?"

She thought he was only visiting her.

He nodded. "We've gotten a notice from Noah about the sudden attack of Katania in Arsace. Our family sided with the Vercetti while half of the soldiers were on the government. Of course, it's still the administration who's giving them tasks, so..."

"Are you saying that there's a fight between the whole city and Vercetti?"

Matagal bago tumango ang lalaki. Inilagay ni Ashanti ang kaniyang kamay sa bibig. Mukhang nakuha naman ng lalaki ang pahiwatig kung kaya't muli itong nagsalita.

"But don't worry Asha. It's Vercetti. Come on, as if we'll lose."

But Ashanti still could not help but worry. Whole city meant the government and all companies in Arsace. How could Vercetti fight them all? It was so impossible!

"Don't make me laugh, Jax."

"I'm not." He looked at her straight in the eyes. "Vercetti can pull an army of the country or even also the continent. Just trust him."

She bit her lips, turned her head down, and slowly nodded. Naramdaman naman niya ang bisig nitong niyakap ang kaniyang katawan. Binuksan rin niya ang braso at niyakap ito pabalik.

"We will protect you, no matter what."

She closed her eyes, hugging him tighter. "Thank you..."

A cough created a space between them. Jaxon then ruffled her hair for the last time before standing and went to the door where Giovanni was at. He trailed his eyes to him as he exited the room before he adjusted her sight at Ashanti and walked towards her.

"Good morning."

Walang tugon ang dalaga. He inwardly sighed before sitting on the edge of the bed, next to her. Nasa baba ang tingin ni Ashanti, hindi magawang tignan nang diretso sa mata ang lalaki. Giovanni slowly raised his hand and placed it to her chin. Namataan naman niya ang lungkot sa mga mata nito.

She also noticed the drowsiness on it, and it gave her more guilt. She then looked away.

"Don't be like that," mahinang saad nito. Ang hinlalaki nito ay lumandas sa kaniyang pisngi. "Don't ignore me, Valerina..."

"I can't help it," she said. "Sobra kong sinisisi ang sarili ko."

"It isn't your fault. You didn't mean it to happen-"

"But I'm still the reason why this all happened."

Giovanni took a deep breath before moving closer towards her. "Don't just blame yourself. Everyone played their role for this to happen. Don't give so much burden to yourself. It's bad for your health."

Doon na siya muling napatingin sa mga mata ng lalaki. Walang buhay ang titig niya habang ibinubuka ang bibig. "Well, it's actually better if I just die."

"Don't say that!" Her eyes widened with the sudden shout he gave. Mabilis namang iniling ni Giovanni ang ulo at niyakap ang babae. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for the shout. But please... Just please, Valerina. Don't say things like that."

The tears finally fell from her eyes. Her loud cries dominated the room. Napahagulgol siya habang mahigpit ang yakap sa lalaki. Hinayaan lamang siya nito na ilabas ang kaniyang hinanakit, katulad ng ginawa niya nang dalhin siya nito sa mansyon kahit na nakagawa siya ng malaking kasalanan.

"Bakit napunta ako sa ganitong sitwasyon?" Thinking all the actions she did since young concluded that it was truly her fault. Hindi niya magawang ituro ang iba sa kasalanang siya naman ang gumawa. Her immaturity, possessiveness in love, greediness in Rossault's wealth created a world that she did not desire in the first place.

"Dapat hindi mo na lang pala ako napansin noon."

"That's my choice. I chose to know you, to be with you, to live for you."

"Why are you still here on my side even if you know what will happen?"

"It won't happen," mabilis nitong sagot. "I won't die. I won't let that happen. I'll still give you the life you deserve."

"I can't... I-I can't continue anymore..."

"Just rest yourself on me, Valerina," Giovanni said while he caressed her back. "We'll get through this, soon."

Tumagal din sila sa ganoong sitwasyon bago napagdesisyunang umalis ni Giovanni. Muling naiwan si Ashanti sa loob ng kwarto, hawak ang envelope na ibinigay sa kaniya ni Laura.

She let out a sigh. Bakit ayaw gumana ng mga salita nila sa kaniya? Kahit anong pilit nya ay hindi mapanatag ang kaniyang loob. She was trying hard to have faith in them but she could not.

Her eyes landed on the paper. She caught the two words on the letter.

If she was not mistaken, the bullet and knife symbolized two persons. The other paragraphs were vague for Ashanti but she already had a hunch about it. Laura was a Vedere, and she was referring to the future, to the events that were currently occurring.

Muli siyang napaupo. The thoughts inside her head was making her heart beat faster. Her hands started to tremble and her breathing began to get heavy. Muli niyang inilandas ang paningin sa sulat. She blinked, creased her forehead as she repeatedly read the paragraphs.

But why Giovanni?

Could it be...

"I'll take my leave, no need to accompany me."

Noah immediately eyed Giovanni with confusion. Did he hear him clearly? That was absurd!

"We can't let you go unarmed, Young Master. I'll go with you-"

"Noah," Giovanni turned his sight on him. "I want you to guard her here in the mansion while I'm away. They might secretly turn the plan and abduct everyone in the residence. I'll take a snipper with me in case something bad happens."

Matagal bago mabagal na tumango si Noah. He was right, knowing their moves, they might have another plan with them. He took a deep breath, accepting his orders.

"Protect her because if she dies, all of this will come to waste."

"Do you really need to go, Young Master? We can have another plan." Noah had a worry in his voice. Giovanni placed a positive smile while looking at him. "Are you sure you'll fight?"

"For her, I will."

Ashanti turned her head down, hearing Giovanni's last words, and his steps that slowly vanished in her ears. This was it, everything was arising, and for sure what Laura said in her letter would end tonight. Muli siyang bumalik sa kwarto at pumunta sa bintana. She caught Giovanni walking to his car.

Her eyes widened when he stopped and turned his sight in her direction. He formed a light smile before opening the door.

"I'll come back, Valerina."

She waited for an hour before she exited the room and went downstairs. She found Noah instructing men in suits in the living room. She let them talk first before she stepped forward and greeted him.

"You should go back to your room, Miss," mabilis na saad nito bago umupo sa sofa.

"I need your help."

He eyed her from bottom to top with his blank sight before proceeding. "Do you want to talk to Mrs. Rossault?"

"No, I want to go to the mansion."

Napakunot ito ng noo bago umiling. "Apologies, but I can't do that. We are ordered to guard you here in the mansion."

"But I never said I'll go alone."

Ashanti slightly giggled when she sat on the passenger seat of one of the Vercetti vehicles. Ilang pagsusuyo pa ang kaniyang ginawa bago napapayag ang lalaki. Noah was in the driver's seat with his grumpy look. "Make sure to do it fast, Miss. Other guards will follow us to Rossault Mansion."

She nodded. He started the engine and exited the residence. Her sight was looking outside, discovering the barricades on every stop-over. While waiting for the last stop to end, Ashanti glanced at Noah, recollecting what Jaxon said to her before.

"By the way... I heard you have royal blood."

He creased his forehead once again, bothered by her unexpected question. "What does it mean to you, Miss?"

"Is it true... That you're a Governanti? Someone told me you're a Poduri."

"Whether it is true or not, you don't need to know," he answered. "It isn't important anyway."

"Well, I am," she murmured. She caught Noah's widened eyes on the rearview mirror. She let out a plain laugh. "I'm a Restabili. They said my bloodline is the most powerful of all but why am I losing right now? Sometimes I think it's better to just fall and die on my debut than experiencing my seventeen-year-old self for the second time."

"Does he know about this?" It was low but Ashanti heard it clearly so she nodded.

Wala nang nagsalita sa kanilang dalawa pagkatapos. Tahimik na binuksan ng lalaki ang kaniyang pinto nang huminto sila sa mansyon ng Rossault. He was correct, other cars were already in the area, and it was from Giovanni's men.

Pumasok na siya sa loob. Una niyang nahagilap ang mga kasambahay na nakahilera at nakayuko habang naglalakad siya. Their faces were new to her. Looked like all the maids who sided with Calista had been fired. Her eyes then caught Rosa. A small smile formed and she stopped in her front.

"How's your mom?"

"Y-young Miss?" Tila nagulat pa ito sa tinanong. Wala pang ilang segundo ay inuyuko muli ang ulo ngunit mayroong ngiti sa mga labi. "Maayos na po ang lagay niya, Young Miss. Maraming salamat po sa pagsagot ng bayarin namin..."

"Is my father here?"

Rosa shook her head. "Hindi pa rin po siya nakakauwi, Young Miss."

Wala pa rin ang presensya ng kaniyang ama? Ashanti then assumed Carshon was already in prison facing all the charges he got after the huge issue of their family.

She first went to her mother's room. Ashara was nowhere to be found. For sure she was on their company to assist all the troubles Rossault did for the past month. The fight then popped into her mind. Her heartbeat risen once again.

Siguro naman ay hindi papanig ang kanilang kumpanya sa gobyerno, diba?

So it was really Greco. The moment Ashanti saw his picture on Giovanni's table made everything connected. What Laura wrote in the letter about the person who would kill the three of them. She was pertaining to Greco.

Does that mean he's also a Governanti?

Did he know she was a Governanti all along? Was that also the reason why he was so pushy towards her? There was a high chance what she was thinking was correct.

Tahimik siyang pumasok sa kaniyang silid. Everything was clean and organized. She moved towards her table and pulled the drawer. Her hand then picked up and opened the box of collana da donna. She watched herself place the necklace on her neck. Her lips rose a curve, but her eyes did not.

This was the first time she used the necklace of Vercetti. She laughed in her mind, believing destiny was playing by giving her the chance to get the title at the wrong time.

Mabilis din niya iyong tinanggal at inilagay muli sa kahon. Kasunod niyang kinuha ang libro na inuwi galing sa Recani. It was a book containing information about Restabili. Binitbit niya iyon kasama ang collana da donna at papalabas na nang mahagip ng kaniyang mata ang gintong rosas sa mesa.

She slowly held it using her other hand. It was still shiny and in shape, unlike her emotions towards the giver. If she was granted another life, she would not let herself get connected with him again.

Ashanti then went out. This might be the last time she would get to see her room. She sighed when she placed her hand on the doorknob and locked it.

"Young Miss."

Her heart missed a beat as she instantly turned her head towards her back. It was Maeann who called her. She closed her eyes and let out deep breaths. She was so occupied that she did not even notice the presence of the maid.

Lumandas ang tingin nito sa kaniyang dala at huminto sa librong nasa braso. Muling inangat nito ang mata sa kaniya.

"Young Miss... Are you a Governanti?"

Ashanti's lips parted, surprised by her unexpected question. She could hear the loud bang on her chest. It was long before she let out words from her mouth. "How come you..."

"I'm sorry, Young Miss," Maeann bowed her head. "Nilinis ko kasi ang kwarto mo pagkatapos umalis dahil baka nagtanim sila ng droga sa loob. 'Di ko sinasadyang mapansin ang libro at basahin."

"It's fine."

"Nabasa ko po ang nakalagay sa libro. Akma 'yun sa pinaguusapan ng dalawang lalaki noong nakaraan kaya nalaman ko agad na libro ng Governanti ang dala mo, Young Miss."

Her forehead quickly creased. "Two men?"

Maeann nodded. "Bago po kami umalis ng istasyon, narinig ko na may dalawang lalaking nag-uusap tungkol sa Governanti at nasama po ang pangalan mo, Young Miss." She looked straight in her eyes. "Sinabi po nilang isa kang Governanti at kailangan ka nilang patayin."

Ashanti blinked her eyes. She gulped before asking. "D-did you see their faces?"

Was it Greco?

But Maeann shook her head. She let out a sigh before nodding. "Don't worry, I'm in good hands... Everything will be alright."

Walang tugon ang kasambahay sa kaniyang sinabi. She then continued her walk, stepping away from her room.

"Young Miss."

For the last time, she adjusted her sight at Maeann. The maid had a fearful look on her face as she opened her mouth to bid her goodbye.

"Good luck."

Ashanti peeked at the guards outside her window. Looking as if they were calm in such a situation made her think that he was still doing well. It was already evening and she already finished rereading the context of the book.

The full moon was standing still in the sky. Giovanni stared at it before he let out a deep breath and walked towards the building.

Mabagal ngunit sinigurado niyang maging kalmado habang pumapasok sa gusali. He had a bulletproof vest inside his polo just in case someone would fire at him. He just hoped it won't happen because the vest was only thin to make it vague in someone's sight. A pulse tracker was placed on his bracelet and would alarm Noah if it could not track his heartbeat anymore.

Pinakiramdaman niya ang paligid. He did not sense an odd thing or person in the entrance. The cold air hugged his visible skin even after he stopped walking and focused his sight on the man who was currently facing his back at him.

It was not that long before the man decided to turn his body in his direction. He continued to monitor their surroundings and he inwardly let out the breath he did not know he was keeping for a long time. Greco had a mischievous grin as he opened his mouth to greet him.

"I knew you'll come, Giovanni Vercetti."

Dahan-dahang binuksan ni Ashanti ang pintuan at luminga. Nang makitang walang tao sa magkabilang gilid ay mabilis ngunit tahimik siyang naglakad papunta sa katapat na pintuan. Dala ang kahon na kinuha pa sa kanilang mansyon, binuksan niya ang pintuan ng kwarto ni Giovanni.

Nagpatuloy siya sa paglalakad papunta sa mesa. Her eyes caught the two pictures on top of it. Kalen and Greco.

She opened the drawer and stared at the collana da donna for the last time. Nakalulungkot isiping iyon na ang huling beses na mahahawakan at magagamit ang kwintas. Whoever the next Lady of Vercetti may be, she wished the woman would use it with care and honor. She sighed before turning her back at it.

Sunod niyang nilinga ang paligid. What memorable scenes she got in the room. She could remember the conversations they had even though the man would constantly give her a cold shoulder and blunt responses especially on their first months of secret engagement.

Hindi na siya nagtagal sa loob. Mabilis siyang bumalik sa loob ng guest room nang mapansing may paparating na tao sa kaniyang palapag. Hindi nga siya nagkamali nang may kumatok sa pintuan ilang segundo lamang ang makalipas.

She calmed herself before opening the door with a smile. It was a maid who was carrying a tray of food that she assumed was for her dinner. The maid's forehead furrowed when Ashanti took the tray and instantly told her to leave her alone.

Saktong binaba niya ang pagkain sa mesa nang bumuhos ang ulan. Dali-dali siyang tumakbo at tumingin sa mga lalaki mula sa kaniyang bintana. Ilang ulit ang kaniyang pagmumura sa isipan habang naglalakad pabalik-pabalik at tinitignan ang orasan.

Why did it occur just now?

After a minute, she grabbed the book and went outside. She immediately hid when someone passed the hallway. Her heartbeat quickened while waiting for them to move. She paused, hid a couple of times because of the increase of men in the area.

It was raining and they went inside the mansion!

It gave her a harder time to accomplish the plan. What were they expecting? Let Giovanni risk his life while she was only in her room, waiting if he would come back alive or not? She should also do her part!

Napatigil siya sa dirty kitchen ng mansyon. She bit her lips when she heard the steps of men in the area. Looked like they were running in a certain direction.

"Miss Ashanti is missing! Go find her!"

Shit, Noah!

Dahil sa kaba, hinablot niya ang patalim na nasa mesa bago lumabas sa pintuan papuntang likod ng mansyon. She did not care if she and the book get wet by the rain. This was the only time she had.

It's now or never.

"Why don't we take a seat first? You drove so far, Vercetti," Greco said in a casual tone while making his move to sit on one of the chairs. Giovanni inwardly clenched his jaw before taking his seat. Two chairs and a long table between them. He put both of his arms on the armrest to let the man think he was unarmed.

"We can meet in Arsace yet you chose this abandoned building," his tone had no stain of tremble in it.

Greco chuckled. God knew how irritated Giovanni was while hearing the not-so-good voice of the man. "Hindi naman ako ang may kailangan, Klaus Giovanni.

"So, did you successfully brainwashed her?"

"Don't doubt, I'm a Vercetti," malamig at mabilis niyang sagot. They stared at each other eyes, sensing if they could trust each other. It was Greco who broke the contact then proceeded with his nod. "Good. I know you're smart when it comes to this kind of situation."

"What's with her anyway? So what if she's the one I picked to be the next Lady of Vercetti?"

"She's a Governanti! Those people who are like her should be killed immediately." Greco even put his thumb on the side of his neck and move it to the opposite. "Those Governanti are a threat because they have abilities!"

"You're also a Governanti."

"Yes. I'm a Cronicar." He lifted the edges of his lips. "Do you want to know how I knew she's a Governanti?"

Ashanti walked outside, savoring the rain while carrying two things. Habang papalayo nang papalayo ang kaniyang hakbang ay lalong humihina ang naririnig na ingay mula sa loob ng mansyon.

"Our family is known for hunting other Governanti to kill them. Those people will only block our way to get to the top. As long as we don't impregnate them, the Gods won't punish us. Easy, right?

"It just happened that we met at a young age. At first, I never saw anything wrong with her but just last year, I tried to hold her hands again to see her past. It only touched for a second when she slapped my hand. But guessed what I saw?"

Umupo siya sa gitna. Itinaas niya ang ulo habang nakapikit pa rin ang mata, hinayaan ang ulan na bigyan siya ng lamig at ang luha na magbigay ng init sa kaniyang mukha. Kung itutuloy niya ito ngayon, hindi na puwedeng maibalik pa.

"I saw the truth about the massacre! Who would thought that the flower of Arsace, Ashanti Rossault, is also the last princess of Restabili, Princess Amalia! Sabagay, may pagkakaparehas din sila. They're so good at creating a fight that will result in war." Greco chortled but Giovanni stayed still. "But that isn't the only thing I saw!"

In one of the passages of the book, it said that a Restabili could have their second rebirth but still would result in their death. The second rebirth was to change the flow of everyone's lives without her. Everything would come back to the year where she got her first rebirth, but the catch was she would not return, ever again.

And that was what she was planning to do at the moment.

Greco looked at him straight in the eyes. "I saw how she got her second life. I saw how she got blind because of her love for Kalen Vasquez. That moment of her debut when she fell on the building by Calista Rossault... And I saw how she met you in the past, Giovanni Vercetti."

"Miss Ashanti!"

She instantly opened her eyes and turned her head to the upper corner, on the window where Noah was looking at. He immediately ordered a man to go to her before he ran outside the room. Mabilis niyang hinablot ang patalim sa kaniyang gilid. This should not be happening! They must not stop her!

Unti-unting nanlaki ang kaniyang mata. He felt the sudden shake of his body because of what he heard. Lumawak ang ngisi sa labi nito habang pinagmamasdan ang kaniyang reaksyon. "Do you think you can fool me? You're also a Governanti, and that means you're meant to die just like her."

Hinabot ni Giovanni ang baril na nasa bulsa. This was a trap! He asked him to go there with Ashanti in exchange for Calista and to stop the pre-war in Arsace. A mannequin was with him in case they inspect his car. There was no information about Greco knowing his past with the maiden!

He then stood up and pointed his gun at Greco. The man also did the same. His eyes then enlarged for the last time, recognizing the action he did was wrong.

Tuloy-tuloy ang agos ng luha ni Ashanti habang mabilis na itinatapat ang kutsilyo sa kaniyang dibdib. She was afraid to die once again, but her love for her family, friends, and Giovanni were greater than the fear she had.

She heard Noah's shouts before a loud ring reigned in her ears. Her body weakened and her sight became blurry. On the other hand, Giovanni, widened his eyes when a loud bang from his back shot him and the bullet pierced his chest.

Just as if the time stopped for the two of them. Bago malaglag si Ashanti ay nasalo siya ng mga bisig ni Noah. She caught the mixed emotions he had while looking at her. She placed a sincere smile on her lips as she slowly closed her eyes and rested herself on his arms.

Then, a loud alarm in the mansion came after. Noah's eyes expanded, tears began to fall and he let out his screams while hugging Ashanti's lifeless body tighter.

Giovanni was dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Epiphany By Jennie

General Fiction

19.5K 612 47
Chandria got transmigrated to the tragic novel she's reading before she passed out for some odd reason. Paano niya masasabayan ang kwentong alam niya...
105K 6.3K 71
COMPLETED 2023 Himeko has already tasted death twice. As the cycle of death is ready to claim her again, she is then pulled out by the divine interve...
203K 10.5K 40
Reincarnated in another world is not easy. Like Arianne Damon Fuarez. She's just a normal teenager na bigla na lang na- aksidente at napunta sa kabil...
300K 17.4K 50
Luna Navarro, a witch trained to be a hunter, falls in love with her handsome professor, Fhergus. Little does she know Fhergus is her mate and a Lyca...