The Last Warrior

נכתב על ידי davis8318

A village in the southern atmosphere was under siege. It got its best warriors to defend it. Koga was one of... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 7

290 6 1
נכתב על ידי davis8318

Yarikawa is safe from Temuge. The people spent all night gathering their dead soldiers and civilians before burying them and saying a prayer. Koga drank a sugar drink to stay awake. As a fellow warrior who knows what it's like to lose one's family. He couldn't let that happen to this province.

Morning came and Koga met up with Ujimasa outside his mansion. He quickly tied his hair in a ponytail before Ujimasa walked out.

Ujimasa: Even if you are from the Ashina clan, Yarikawa wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. Thank you.

Koga: No need. We all need to stand up to oppression. 

Ujimasa: Your armor was destroyed. It looked like something from your old province.

Koga: A necessary sacrifice. Without sacrifice, there can be no victory.

Ujimasa: Indeed. Come with me. I want to show you something.

He leads Koga into his mansion and the guards all bow to them. Ujimasa leads Koga into a back room where an altered version of Koga's armor was resting.

Ujimasa: Try it on and see how it fits.

Ujimasa leaves Koga and closes the door. Koga slowly walks up to the new armor he's given. he tasks off his old black plates on his arms and legs before putting on his new armor.

Koga looks in the mirror. He analyses his new armor. It may have looked like his old set of armor, but there were some differences.

For starters, the armor was lighter than his other one. He had a great range with his moves and it allowed him more flexibility and movement.

Koga: How do I look?

Ujimasa: Like someone from Yarikawa. If you don't like the color, I can have it changed for you.

Koga: No. This is fine. The white matches my katanas.

Ujimasa: Indeed.

Koga: I'm sorry to inform you on such short notice, but I'm needed elsewhere.

Ujimasa: I understand. Your horse is in the main stable.

Koga walks over to the stables and walks his horse out before mounting it.

Ujimasa: You saved Yarikawa from the empire. I am indebted to you.

Koga: No need. Just one clan helping out another.

As Koga approached the gates, everyone bowed to him in respect. Ujimasa spoke up one last time.

Ujimasa: That armor has the pride of Yarikawa sown into it. Whenever you're in battle, you will the strength of Yarikawa with you at all times.

Koga: Thank you, Lord Yarikawa.

The two bowed to each other and Koga rode out. Hours passed and he made it to a nearby river. Koga turned his head slightly before he throws a Kunai at a tall tree. He hears the laugh of a woman and it's that same blondie from before.

Leone: You have some really good senses. So, have you decided to join yet?

Koga: Depends. And that chance is... Rather high. (Regrettably.)

Leone: Well, I'll introduce you to the team anyway!

Koga: Lead the way then.

She starts to lead him inside the base and he may not look at it, but he can tell that Akame was watching them from one of the windows. Leone decided to start with the outside first.

Lubbock: Ooh, it's almost time for Leone's bath. I'd do anything to get a peek at that smoking hot body!

Leone: In that case, how 'bout you give up 2 fingers.

Lubbock: *Gasp* AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

She forces him to the floor and holds him in an arm lock with her foot planted on his back.

Leone: You never learn, do you? This is Lubbock. As you can see, he's an idiot.

Koga: Noted.

They move onto the inside of the base in the main dining hall. He meets someone with long pink hair wearing glasses. He found out that her name is Scheele. 

???: Hey, Leone! Why'd you bring this guy to the hideout?

They turn around and see a girl also with pink hair, but tied up in 2 ponytails.

Leone: He's going to be joining us. A new member.

???: And you did this without my permission?

Koga: Fiesty little fellow, isn't she?

Leone: Fiesty indeed. But good on the battlefield.

???: What can you offer us? You don't look special to me.

Koga: Your thoughts mean nothing to me. If you got a problem, we can settle it with our weapons.

He said as he places his hand on his handle. She chuckles.

???: I like this guy. He can join if he has that attitude. I'm Mine.

She says before walking away. Leone leads Koga to the training course where he sees a shirtless man training with that brown-headed boy he saw the other night.

???: Hey, aren't you the one who took care of Zanku for us the other night?

Koga: How do you know about that? I didn't see you.

???: Oh, I should've known you wouldn't recognize me like this. I was the one wearing the armor when we first met. Name's Bulat. Pleasure's mine.

Koga: As it is mine.

They shake hands.

Leone: Oh, and he's gay.

Bulat: Now don't go giving him the wrong idea.

Koga: I have no problem with who desires or features. You're good.

Bulat: Huh. You're quite the guy. This here is Tatsumi. A new recruit. Like yourself, if you choose to join.

Tatsumi: Hey.

They also shake hands.

Koga: You're hands are rigid and beaten up. You're training hard. That's good. You should continue. See you.

They leave and the sun starts to set. Leone leads Koga back outside near a river with gravel all around it. He sees a campfire with an enormous bird being cooked.

Koga: (Huh...)

Right next to it, was a girl with long black hair and red eyes. The same girl that he saw the other night. He was wondering how strong she is.

Leone: You already know Akame from the other night.

Koga: In a way yes. Glad she didn't choose violence or things would've gone bad for the both of us.

Akame: Leone, have some meat.

Leone: Thanks! Hey is it just me, or does everyone seem a bit jumpier lately?

Akame: That's because the boss is back.

Koga: Boss?

Leone: Oh, hey boss!

???: Hey.

On the other side, a woman with short white hair, an eye patch over her right eye, and a robotic arm on her right sat on a stool.

Leone: You're back. How nice!

???: I am. It feels good to be back. Who's your friend?

Leone: Oh, he's the one I told you about before. He's going to be joining us.

Koga: I wouldn't get your hopes up. That still seems like a long shot.

???: Akame, gather everyone at the base. I want to know everything about this man.

The day switches to night quickly as everyone gathers in one room. The boss was sitting on a chair and Koga was standing in the middle of the room.

???: I'm Najenda. the leader of this group. Koga Hatake, how would you like to join Nightraid? From what Leone and Akame have told me about you, it would be a help if you were to join us against the empire. I'm sure you're aware of what the empire is doing.

Koga: I am. But if I'm so bold to include this, the only reason I'm helping is because of the empire's expansion into territory they have no business being in. So, in a way, I'm in. But only for what I need. Think of me as someone who's not an ally, but will help.

Najenda: Why don't you just join us completely. I know your name. Both the Hatake's and Ashina's. They were attacked about 5 years ago by the empire and annihilated everyone.

Koga: Not true. I'm alive and standing here, aren't I?

Najenda: That may be true, but what exactly have you been doing? Are joining to help get revenge?

Koga: *Laughs*

Najenda: Just what's so funny? Revenge is a common thing for people. Especially since they lost someone close to them.

Koga: I know about revenge. Revenge is a fool's game. You spend your entire life perfecting your skills to kill a single person. When that flame dies out, what then? There's no reason to live when you complete your revenge. I do not concern myself with such childish manners. Besides, it was war. They killed my men as we did to theirs. I harbor no hate towards them. I'm not going to tell any of you to give up on revenge, but if you complete it, you better have a way out when it's done.

Najenda: That was quite a speech. I see that we're all in agreement then. Welcome to our team. We also heard that you were the one who killed Zanku. What Imperial arm do you use, if I may ask?

He says nothing as pulls out his katana with lightning bolts on the side.

Koga: This is my Imperial arm. Raimeki. It's an elemental-type weapon. It's so rare, that there are no records of it. Believe it or not, I'm only the 2nd person to wield this weapon.

Everyone was shaken. They didn't know what to make of Koga's claim. Except for Najenda.

Najenda: You said "elemental." What kind of element exactly?

Koga: Lightning.

Najenda: Of course. Now I understand. Raimeki. The demon of thunder.

Koga: So you've heard of it.

Najenda: only stories. I never thought that it exists. Are the stories true? Does the demon still live?

Koga: It does.

Tatsumi: What demon?

Koga: The demon that resides inside this blade. And inside of me.

Mine: What does that mean?

Koga: It's going to take forever to fully tell you, so I'm going to keep this as short as possible. All Imperial arms come from a danger beast of any form. The way Raimeki works is quite different. If the user is compatible, the demon enters the host's mind and forms a blood pact. From then on, it grants the user power. Even as we speak right now, she's inside my very mind. Think of it as a pact between 2 different beings.

Najenda: All imperial arms are different. Some can transform the user, be used as swords or guns, or even be used as humanoids known as 'Organics.' But ones that can use the power of elements are a different story.

Koga: How so?

Najenda: Imperial arms that could use the power of the elements were special. The people that could use them were known as "Elementalists." And they're not stuck to one element. It can be any element. I know a few elementalists. One of flame...

Najenda: And one of wind.

Koga: (So there are more.)

Najenda: There's more. It's also said that the elementalists can have abilities that aren't in this world. Reports include abilities representing that of the sun...

Najenda: And there are tales of those who have been absorbed by the power of their element and become humanoid demons.

Najenda: The bottom line becomes, Elementalists all have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Koga: Okay. But which one is the strongest?

Najenda: That depends entirely on the user. But if I had to choose one... It would the one who can manipulate ice. Fortunately for us, she's not in the capital right now. She's off in the far north dealing with a crucial rebellion. Some say she's coming back soon.

Lubbock: Don't be ridiculous. It would take a year to stop the people in the north, even for her.

Najenda: Knowing her, she's unpredictable.

Koga: Who are you talking about?

Najenda: SOmeone that you'll find out about when you need to know. This has been a long day. What do you say we call it quits for now.

Leone: That could work. I'm tired as all hell. *Yawn.*

The meeting ends with Koga being shown his room. He closed the door and took off his armor and put on soft clothes. He placed his weapon against the wall and stared out the window.

Koga: (There are more elementalists like me. I wonder how strong they are. It would be a big deal if they were with us. But if they are sided with the empire, then we might end up having to kill each other. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it... Won't we?)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.1K 30 4
Ever since he was was a kid, Naruto, has always been the pariah of the village. As a young kid, he thought that it was due to his pranks so by the ti...
353K 13.2K 32
(FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEAM EIGHT UNLEASHED) The Shinobi world is a harsh, unforgiving place. Akari Kita knows this. And yet, it's been her dream to beco...
162K 1.8K 7
After battling in Esdeath's special tournament, you're now an official member of the Jaegers. Things go well until you were told the truth about the...
85.5K 3.5K 38
Yoru Okami: unseen, skilled, and alone. That's what has always been associated with my name. As a night-bound ninja, I've always loved darkness, both...