The Unfinished Book✔️

Por Melody_Alyward

One typical day I read a random book just to pass my time. 'Contract marriage with an attractive stranger? Ho... Más

Prologue
CHAPTER I
RHEA/KATHERINE
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
ARGUS
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XI
EROS AND LARK
CHAPTER XII
CHAPTER XIII
LYDIA
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
THALIA
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVII
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XIX
CALISTA
CHAPTER XXI
CHAPTER XXII
CHAPTER XXIII
CHAPTER XXIV
CHAPTER XXV
CHAPTER XXVI
FINIS

CHAPTER XX

38 6 1
Por Melody_Alyward

After Rhea explained everything, Argus called one of his men and told them to secure the area and get the three people who were before chasing after Rhea but after seeing Rhea with Argus, they ran away, knowing that they were in trouble. He also sent his people around to look for Rastos and inform the King regarding the situation.

When all the orders were given, he took Rhea by her hand into one of the parlor rooms and brought out the band-aid kit.

"What are you doing? Shouldn't we be going after them?"

"My men are taking care of it but first you should look at yourself. You're bleeding."

Rhea blinked, realizing that she did feel a sharp ache in certain places especially her elbow which was bruised. However, she was so focused while at the same time distracted by her new realized feelings that she didn't bother to pay attention to her injuries.

Argus using the tweezer dips the cotton into the medicine and places it on her elbow, after using a cloth to clean the wound. Seeing him do this makes Rhea feel embarrassed. She pulls herself away reflexively,

"I can do this by myself. You don't have to do this."

"I am doing it already so might as well let me."

"But..."

Rhea bits her lip. She felt bad making him do this but deep down she felt butterflies in her stomach, seeing him take care of her. However, no matter how happy she felt, she wanted to treat her injuries by herself. When she was about to refuse, she observed Argus's eyes that she could not read. She wondered that if she rejected him right now, would he take it as she doesn't like being touched by him. Will this then make him never approach her ever? Hearing her thoughts, made her dizzy. What was she thinking about! Her face flushes. It's not like I want Argus to touch me...but....

"... all right."

She mumbles, moving back to her original place.

In that room, silence spread. The only sound Rhea heard was that of the clock ticking and her heart beating loudly. All the while when Argus tended to her wounds, she subconsciously held her breath in. She had realized her feelings for the man in front of her, but the question was that what should she do now? In her mind, she has this feeling that rather than them being reincarnated, they are stuck in this novel and can get out. However, seeing how most of them experienced death, she had started slowly believing that maybe this was her second life. But.....why did she felt like something was strange? An eerie feeling kept creeping her out. She shook her head subconsciously and decided to focus on the task at hand. Aside from Argus who was almost finished putting the bandages on, getting the gem was important.

Just when Argus was finished, the door opens and in comes Rastos and Argus's man from before.

"What's the status?"

"We have secured the location."

"Father also sent his men to protect the area around the relic. So far no one seems to be there."

"Wherever they are hiding, we will find them. They can't hide forever."

"Are you talking about him?"

An unfamiliar voice to Rhea came from the open door. There stood the tall and stunning, Princess Calista. Following her was her possibly her guard who was quite tall and had a huge build, dragging a middle-aged man on the marble floor by his clothes. The Princess walked with her powerful yet elegant aura and smirked,

"I found this little Kyle, snooping around, hiding behind the bushes. Figured, you were looking for him."

Rhea's eyes and mouth went wide open. She muttered in amazement,

"Oh my god....it's the princess....she's standing in front of me..."

"Thank you for catching him. We will take it from here."

"Yes, you should go enjoy the banquet. After all, it's for you."

"It's boring."

"If you will try to have fun then it will not be boring."

"When I say it's boring then it is boring."

"If you try to have fun with that mindset then, of course, you will be bored."

"What's your problem?"

"I should ask you the same."

Rhea blinked at the scene in front of her. Rastos and the Princess were glaring at each other, shooting lightning at each other.

"Umm....stop fighting. Why are you like this?"

Rhea comes in between them, nervously chuckling.

"It's because he is annoying."

"And she has got attitude issues."

"While he doesn't act like a prince."

"And she acts too much like a princess."

Rhea wondered that after knowing each other barely for a short while, they still have managed to irritated each other. She was curious as to why it was like this. However, there was another matter at hand.

"Please don't fight. We need to investigate and find the rest of them."

"You're right."

"By the way....are you perhaps Rhea Leneghan?"

The Princess asked, eyeing her from top to bottom.

"Yes."

"Oh my god! You are so cute!"

Princess Calista immediately embraces Rhea in a tight hug, nearly choking her.

Rhea holds her breath in, surprised that the princess was hugging and praising her. While she was happy and confused, she underestimated the Princess's strength and was near to passing out.

"Hey! She's gonna faint."

Argus pulls Rhea away.

"Oh sorry! I didn't mean to. But you are so pretty! Is that your natural hair color and eyes? Wow, as expected of the female lead!"

"What?"

Rhea and Argus spoke at once in surprise.

"Oh yeah, forgot to tell you guys. She and that guard dude over there are just like us. That guy doesn't remember his past life however she does."

"Then..."

"That is correct. My name is Angelina. However, I would prefer it if you would just call me Princess Calista. I died on March 31st, 1866. I grew up as a slave. Later on, I became a part of the bandit's group. I was hiding with my crew in a ship traveling from east to south when came a terrible storm and I drowned only to awake here. I found the book on the ship there and read it to pass the time. However, I haven't read the ending. Prince Rastos already explained a few things to me and I know you are looking for answers. I can help. I know a piece of valuable information."

"Your story is so sad.....I'm sorry I don't mean to pity you but I just think you're really strong."

Rhea remarked.

"Don't feel bad. I already make it up for everything by doing charity and buying slaves and setting them free."

"That's so admirable!"

Rhea looked at Calista with admiration and stars in her eyes.

"If we are done, Calista we talk about this later on? We have another matter at hand."

"Yes, of course."

"All right but please don't forget to use titles, Prince Rastas. Although, Lady Rhea can address me as Calista if she wishes. I like her."

"Oh thank you! You can call me Rhea as well!"

"So what? Do you hate me?"

Rastas grumbled. However seeing no response from the royal in front, he turned his head and muttered,

"I got it, Princess Calista."

Rastas retorted annoyingly, deliberating putting pressure on the word princess.

Argus meanwhile grabs that man being held hostage from his collar and threatens him in a cold voice and gaze by holding his sword close to his neck. The sword is so sharp that just by being touched, it left a bleeding scar on that guy's neck.

"Now shall we? You better start answering or else....we will do the one by one way."

Rhea was taken aback to see Argus like this. As expected from the guy who was part of the military in his past life and here is the commander of all the knights.

"What's one by one way?"

"....uh....you don't need to know....let's just say....it's a bit painful..."

Rastos averted his gaze thinking how one by one way meant taking off one limb by limb until the person speaks the answer we are looking for. It starts by cutting off a single finger. It's quite a gruesome way of torture. However, he glances at the oblivious Rhea and nods to himself, yes, she doesn't need to know about all of this.

After a while, the only thing the man spilled was that the gem was with Gavin and he doesn't know where he is since they all planned to escape and meet up at their warehouse afterward, whose location he also gave.

Rastas decide to head there with his men and Calista decides to go with him as well.

"Why are you coming? Just stay here. The ball has not yet ended. It would be rude if the guest of honor is not there."

"I already excused myself saying I was feeling slightly tired and wished to take an early leave. Moreover, I've received information that these people also deal with slave trading."

"That's impossible. I already tracked down every single one of them. There isn't slavery in our kingdom."

Argus commented.

"That much is true. However, did you know that recently these people smuggled two dozen slaves from the coast of the nearby kingdom?"

"That can't...."

Argus was about to refuse when a thought flashes in his mind. A few days ago, a few of his men did find a ship suspicious. Was it perhaps then?"

"It seems you realized that it's true. I will take my leave then. Let's talk about that when it's all settled."

"Calista are you coming or what?"

Ratos's voice came from the hallway who had already started leaving.

"It's Princess Calista to you!"

She bellowed after him.

"Should we also go look for them?"

"Not to worry. My men are already searching. I have to go speak with the King and then I'll also go look. You should head back to the ballroom."

Rhea wanted to be persistent however even she knew that what help could she be? She doesn't know how to fight and can't handle it well. She nodded and then headed back to the place that was filled with light, music, and dancing after going into another parlor room and fixing her look.

Like before, she didn't immediately start mingling with others. Many came and talked and she answered back but she didn't bother to start a conversation. She kept thinking about where those people could be hiding? That's when it hit her. The place they were talking about meeting. Behind the waterfall! She tried recalling whether she told this to Argus or not and realized that she didn't. Immediately she rushes back to the room they were in before only to find it empty. She didn't know where Argus was. Maybe he went to meet the King. However, she didn't know where that was. Therefore just in case, she went to the said place to see if her suspicions were right or not.

There were quite a few waterfalls in the Royal Garden. Two big ones, two small ones, and one middle-sized one that did not work. Rhea had a hunch that they must be hiding there and decided to head there.

Upon reaching the quite desolate place, she began to doubt whether her suspicions were correct or not. Until she heard whispers,

"What do we do now? The gates are all closed and are being closely watched."

"They are everywhere."

"Shh....let's lay low here for the time being. We will escape along with the guests when it's their time to leave."

Rhea silently peeked over to find a small hidden room where around six people stood, one of whom was Lady Sarah. She quickly hid back in case one of them noticed her. She wondered what to do. Should she go and call the guards? But what if during that time, they decide to escape? She can't let them leave her eyesight. However, she also can't confront them.

That's when her eyes fell upon the shiny bracelet on her wrist. That's it! I'll use this to call Argus. She instantly pressed the button.

Instead of how Argus's bracelet was the one making the sound before, this time a loud voice started emerging from her bracelet after every 2 seconds. It was loud enough for the birds sitting on top of the tree to fly away.

"Who is there?!"

Rhea got up to run when two men corners her.

Oh shit.

She cursed inwardly. She looked at the stupid bracelet and felt bad for thinking it was a good invention.

Before long, five of them cornered her.

"Well well if it isn't Lady Rhea. Things shouldn't be like this if you hadn't poked your nose where it didn't belong."

"Wrong. It wouldn't have been like this if you would've been satisfied with your lives. How sad. Now you have to face your punishment. I wish I felt pity but I don't. Am I heartless?"

Rhea pretended to be shocked to add drama. Her words contradicted the situation she was in making the people around her confused. That's when they notice that Rhea was looking behind them. They turn around to find themselves surrounded by a few guards who rushed to the scene after hearing the noise the bracelet made. Maybe it wasn't so useless after all. Rhea thought looking at it.

The people being captured tried to put up a fight with their guns, swords, and daggers. Rhea moved back a bit to let the knights handle it. She was more concerned about one person that was missing. She saw him running away and put her foot in front that made him fall, with the gem that came out of his pocket, rolling a few feet apart. She bent down to pick it up, oblivious that the man she just made fall had stood up, holding a gun at her.

Suddenly a scream roared the fighting area. Rhea who was closest to the source of the sound flinched and turned around to find that same guy with his bleeding hand that was stuck to the tree due to a dagger that had been thrown.

Her eyes go wide. She had only seen such scenes in movies before but to see it, in reality, was horrible. The blade passed through his hand. This thought kept repeating in her mind. She turns to the other side to find Argus walking towards them. He was the one who threw the knife.

"Ar.."

Before she could finish talking, Argus puts his hand covering her eyes and turns her around.

"Don't look at it."

That's when he uncovers her eyes and takes the gem from her hand. He then eyes her from top to bottom, surveying her for any injuries.

"Argus?"

He doesn't say anything. He felt mad. Yet at the same time relief that she was fine. After he was done talking with the King regarding the matter, he joined his men to search for those people when suddenly his bracelet started blinking. He heard the sound and rushed to the scene. He felt sort of angry that she didn't listen to him and rushed into danger. Does she not care if she gets hurt or even worse dies? She got a second chance at living. Does she want to waste it away for something so trivial? Argus has always felt that he was a bit protective of Rhea. Maybe it was because he was the first person she confided in. When did he start feeling this way? At first, he was curious, just simple interest to pique his curiosity. And that led to him thinking she's cute. Which ultimately led to him being kind of protective. And right now he didn't know what to reply to her. That he was slightly angry? If she asks why then what should he say? That he doesn't know? Even if he does know....should he says anything?

"Thank god this works right? When it started making a noise, I thought it was useless."

Argus was deep in thoughts and in that he subconsciously tucked her hair behind her ear which made Rhea flinch and blush,

"Argus?"

"You should head back. Tyler."

He called one of his men who instantly came.

"Take Mike and escort Lady Rhea back to the ballroom."

"Huh wait...what about them?"

"I'll handle them now."

"But what would I do at that party when my partner is here?"

Rhea did not want to head back. She wanted to see what happens to them and she felt Argus was acting a bit different. Slightly cold. Is he upset at something? Did she do anything wrong?

"I'll be there soon. Don't worry."

He smiled at her softly, assuring Rhea that he wasn't mad with her.

"Okay, but be quick. I have to head back home soon."

"Got it."

After Rhea was gone, Argus coldly gazed at the six people in front of him, who were on their knees being held at gunpoint by the Knights.

"Take them to the dungeon and start the investigation. And send Jake to find out what's the status at the Prince's side."

"Yes, my lord!"

"Frank!"

One of the Knights who wore a mercenary outfit appeared and bowed at Argus.

"Send someone to inform the King of the situation. And take your squad, squad 3, squad 13, squad 15, and squad 19 to seize the properties of their families and put house arrest on all of their families. Quickly!"

"I heed your orders, my lord."

Argus looks at the white gem in his hand that looks like the replica of the moon, it even glowed like it. He wonders what sort of jewel is it while putting it in the case while heading over to put it back in place.

After Rastos and Calista came back from raiding the warehouse and capturing the rest of the people involved in this, they set free the slaves they found.

It was then time to discuss what Calista had mentioned before. Since it was getting quite late at night, they did not call upon the rest of their group.

Inside Rastos's office, sat the four of them with Calista and Rhea admiring each other's role in the novel and speaking words of praise. This seemed to have annoyed both Argus and Rastos as Calista still had not gotten down to the matter at hand.

"Hey Calista, you might want to start telling us what you wanted to say."

"It's Princess Calista and my apologies, I will tell you now. You may have already found out how the book is unfinished, right?"

The three nod in return.

"Then are you perhaps aware of the fact that the very author of that book is also here?"

"What!"

"Author?"

"I always wondered who it was."

"Same here."

"If you see it from a reader's point of view, this novel is pathetic. Poorly written. Who adds these stupid things to a book? Making a typical female lead face those typical horrors only to save by a typical knight in shining armor...how boring!"

Rhea complained, rolling her eyes.

"Have you met the author?"

"Quite a while back. However, she refused to say anything further and told me to back off and just keep doing what I'm doing. I wanted her help to go back but I found out through her how the book is unfinished and how I am dead and this is my second life. She refused to say anything further and told me to keep her identity a secret."

"Her? Do we know this person?"

"Why of course you all know her. Especially Rhea is quite close to her."

"What do you mean?"

"She is after all Lady Lydia Gessele or should I regard her as Roxanne, her previous name?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

40.8K 3.1K 20
Some random Ashaangi OS 💜
3.1M 183K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
3.4M 142K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
3M 248K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...