You Are The Reason

By ameesaAhlam

"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlu... More

CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: All Alone
CHAPTER 2: Save Me
CHAPTER 3: You Are Safe Here
CHAPTER 4: Personal Maid
CHAPTER 5: Trust
CHAPTER 6: Cookies
CHAPTER 7: Trouble
CHAPTER 8: Aurora
CHAPTER 9: Furious
CHAPTER 10: You Are A Monster
CHAPTER 11: All My Fault
CHAPTER 12: Attack
CHAPTER 13: Disappeared
CHAPTER 14: Avoiding
CHAPTER 15: Comfort
CHAPTER 16: Funeral
CHAPTER 17: In Love
CHAPTER 18: Screwed
CHAPTER 19: Brother?
CHAPTER 20: Pleasure
CHAPTER 21: Breakfast
CHAPTER 22: You Drive Me Crazy
CHAPTER 23: You Are The Reason
CHAPTER 24: Bring Down The Searlus Mafia
CHAPTER 25: Lies
CHAPTER 26: Lies (Part 2)
CHAPTER 27: Tears
CHAPTER 29: Wife
EPILOGUE
New Story!
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story!

CHAPTER 28: Date?

10K 485 52
By ameesaAhlam

Me after I made everyone almost cry in the previous chapters:

😂😂😂

Alfresca's POV:

"I'm going to be an uncle!" Easton exclaimed, almost jumping up and down with happiness.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. You have already said that for the millionth time since yesterday."

He unlocked the door to his house as we came back from the hospital where he made sure I had a proper check up and the doctor advised me to have a proper diet and not go hungry.

It was mid afternoon when we returned from the hospital and Easton made me sit on the couch in the living room, well...our living room and the open kitchen was all combined and he moved to the kitchen to prepare the lunch.

I leaned back on the couch, sighing and glanced down at my belly, placing my palm over it. I was going to be a mother. A small smile graced my lips.

But that smile turned into a frown remembering Ruslan doesn't know about it yet. How will he even react? Did he even forgive me?

If he had forgave me then he would have come for me...but he didn't.

If only he gives me another chance. Another chance to us. Just a chance.

No, no, no. No more tears. I thought, wiping away the tears that formed in my eyes with the back of my palm.

"You okay?" Easton looked over his shoulder when he heard me sniffing and I nodded with a small, forced smile on my face.

"I'm okay..." I spoke in a low voice.

He looked unsure but nodded and continued cooking.

To distract myself, I pulled out my phone from my jean's pocket and scrolled through Instagram.

My fingers stopped scrolling when my eyes fell on a picture of Ruslan. Some news channel had posted it, about his success. I felt proud, really proud of him but my breath hitched on looking at his picture.

The picture dated back to last week. He was sitting in a chair, behind a huge mahogany desk, it must be his office. He was leaning forwards, his forearms rested on top of the desk and his finger intertwined with each other. He stared at the camera, his eyes looking dull and the small smile on his face, forced. His stubble looked much denser and if you notice, there were dark circles under his eyes.

My heart broke at his sight and the tears I had been controlling, flowed down my eyes. I miss him. I miss him so much.

I placed my palm over my mouth to silence my sobs but Easton heard it and in a moment he was beside me.

He sat down next to me, pulling me closer to him. "Hey, hey. What happened?"

I hugged Easton tightly and cried. "Can I please call him? Please? I just want to hear his voice... please..."

"You sure?"

"Please." I sobbed.

He looked hesitant, but took out his phone and I watched him dial Ruslan's number through my tears.

He pressed the phone to his ear and waited for a few seconds and said. "It's switched off."

I panicked a little. "Why is it switched off?"

Easton noticed the panic in my tone and assured me. "It's okay, Zoriana. Maybe he is in a meeting or something? Don't worry. I'll keep trying...and if he picks up, I'll make you talk to him."

I nodded and he wiped away my tears and kissed my forehead. "I love you, sis. And I'm here for you."

I offered him a smile and muttered. "Thanks..." He ruffled my hair as usual and went off to cook the lunch.

I don't remember anything else cause I dozed off while sitting on the couch only to be jerked away by Easton.

"Hey! Lunch's ready!" He announced and I rubbed my eyes as I sat up straight.

"And don't you dare say you are not hungry because if I have to shove the food down your throat, I would do it." He warned, setting up the table.

I chuckled softly and got up to and went to my room to get freshened up before having lunch.

Easton was already sitting down at the table and was serving himself the noodles he made along with some dried chilli chicken. He took my plate and served me too as I sat down beside him.

We ate in silence, both of us lost in our thoughts.

As I finished eating, I got up to place the plate in the sink and Easton got to place his plate too.

"Listen..." He spoke.

"Hmm?" I turned to him having washed my hands.

"Um...well..." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Please be ready by 7 in the evening."

I raised a brow at him. "For what?"

"You have a date."

My jaw dropped. "Beg your pardon?"

He cleared his throat nervously. "You know... there's a guy I know here...and he is a very nice man...good looking, charming and knows how to respect women...so I thought..."

"You are sending me on a date with someone? Have you gone mad?!"

He took a step back and defended himself. "I thought it would be nice for a change...you just stay inside all day and maybe you will like this guy..."

"Like him?! I love Ruslan! Did you forget that?! And I am pregnant with his child and you want me to go on a date with a another man?" I shouted.

"Yeah...but..." He tried explaining. "Ruslan didn't come back and...I think you should move on...why wait for him and--"

That was it. I lost it. And I slapped him on his cheek. Not too hard though. "You have gone fucking insane, Easton! I am not going on any fucking date with anyone!"

Easton placed his palm over his cheek where I slapped him, a small pout forming on his lips. His eyes widened slightly. "Damn." He muttered underneath his breath.

I was breathing heavily and I angrily folded my arms and glared at him, accusing him.

How can he think that I will go on a date with someone else while I'm in love with Ruslan plus I'm pregnant with his child for fuck's sake!

Easton moved past me, his palm still covering his cheek as if he can't believe I just slapped. When he went past me and into his room, I heard him curse again underneath his breath. "Fuck. The plan failed."

Plan? What plan?

The door to his room shut and I stood there confused. What is the meaning of all this?

And the doorbell rang. I gulped. We don't get any visitors and Easton had warned me to always have a gun ready with me before opening the door.

I contemplated on calling him out but then I thought that maybe it might be our neighbour.

I pulled out the gun hidden in the shoe rack beside the door and I loaded it when the bell rang again.

I took a deep breath, and holding the gun at my side, I pulled open the door.

My breath hitched. And my legs felt weak and tears welled up in my eyes.

Standing in front of me was Ruslan. He looked the same as he looked in the picture, tired, dull. He wore a pair of black jeans and a eastern blue colour, denim shirt and a black leather jacket on top of it.

My bottom lip quivered and he wasted no time in moving inside and kicking the door shut with his leg, he took away the gun from my hand and throwing it on the floor, he cupped both my cheeks and crushed his lips upon mine.

My hands grabbed his biceps to prevent myself from falling down as he kissed with such an intensity that made my legs weak.

Tears started roll down my eyes uncontrollably and I kissed him back. God. I missed him so much.

The kiss wasn't sweet as I expected it to be instead it was fierce. His lips moved roughly against mine rendering me breathless.

His tongue found its way inside my mouth and slid against mine making me moan into the kiss.

My hands moved to grip the collar of his jacket pulling him more closer and a groan rumbled from his chest.

He detached his lips from mine, panting, his eyes gazing into mine. Emotions swirling inside them.

I watched as tears welled up in his eyes, his hands that cupped my cheeks started to tremble and his eyes roamed my face as if trying to memorize every detail of my face.

He closed his eyes causing the tears to roll down his cheeks making me sob.

On hearing me sob, he opened his eyes and kissed my forehead, his lips just stayed there and then his lips moved down and kissed both my eyebrows lingeringly. And then both my eyelids and trailed it down my nose and both my cheeks, kissing away my tears.

And slowly and softly, he placed his lips back on mine, kissing me delicately as if I would break. "I love you." He whispered against my lips but didn't give me a chance to say it back as he again kissed me.

"I love you so much." He whispered again, and kissed me again. And he kept repeating it. "I'm so sorry. I love you." And kissed me again. "Forgive me, love. P-please." His voice cracked as he broke down, placing his forehead against mine.

"It was difficult to breath knowing you were not beside me." He sobbed making me cry too.

I wrapped my arms around him and buried my head in his chest, his arms wrapped around my waist and he placed his chin on top of my head. His tears falling down on top of my head.

We stayed in that position for a few minutes, crying and cherishing the feeling of being in each other's arms again. Eventually, my tears stopped and I lifted my head to see him sniffing and a wiped away his tears with my thumb and he gave me a small smile.

And we heard a gasp. "What the hell?"

Our heads snapped to Easton who just came out of his room and was looking at us in shock, actually he was just looking at Ruslan in shock.

"Seriously?" He said to Ruslan. "This was not in the plan! You ruined it, stupid!"

Plan?

I looked between them in confusion and Ruslan had a sheepish look on his face as he said to Easton. "I ran out of patience, bro. I couldn't wait till the evening knowing she was just minutes away from me."

Easton cringed. "Okay. That's cheesy." But then he gave a glare to Ruslan. "And because of you, she slapped me!"

Ruslan chuckled turning to me. "You slapped him?" Biting my lips, I nodded making him chuckle again. "Thank you. I wanted to do that for a long time."

"That's not fair!" Easton sounded offended. "You guys are pairing up against me."

"So, that date..." I said to Easton, diverting the topic. "That date was with Ruslan?"

He rolled his eyes. "Duh. You really think I would send you on a date with someone else?"

"You could have told me then." I slapped him for no reason.

He again rolled his eyes, groaning. "Have you heard of the word 'surprise'? That's what it was meant to be. A surprise. We both planned it but you didn't comply." He pointed at me accusingly.

"Oh..." I muttered sheepishly.

He sighed. "Anyway...since he is already here...he can ask you out himself and you guys need to have a proper conversation and sort your problems." He moved closer to us and patted Ruslan on his back and kissed the side of my head.

He moved towards the front door where his coat was hanging and he wore it. "And...I better leave before I start hearing some noises that I am not meant to hear." His lips curling up in a smirk.

"Easton!" I warned, my cheeks warming up realising what he meant which only made both of them chuckle.

"Where are you going by the way?" Ruslan asked him.

He winked. "To my girlfriend's house."

"You have a girlfriend?" We both asked in unison making him scowl.

"Of course I have a girlfriend. What's so shocking about it?"

"You never told me." I said in disbelief.

He shrugged. "We were not that serious until recently so..." He trailed off. "Anyway. I'm leaving, you guys enjoy." He said emphasising the word enjoy and then he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "And please don't break the bed or something."

"Easton!" I shouted but he was already out of the door, laughing to himself.

Blushing and biting my lips, I looked up at Ruslan, his warm pair of brown eyes already looking down at me with so much love that it made my heart melt.

"Ruslan..." I whispered. "I am so sorry about--"

"I already forgave you a long time back, love. I understand what you did was for Easton and you had no idea who your parents were actually." He interrupted making me frown.

"Then why did you never come back?"

He lowered his eyes. "Can we sit down and have this conversation?"

"Okay..." I muttered and we moved to the couch and sat down beside each other.

His eyes didn't meet mine and it scared me. "Ruslan?"

"Alfres--" He stopped abruptly and glanced at me briefly. "Can I please keep calling you that? I really love that name."

"You can call me whatever you want." I told him, repeating the words he said to me the day I first called him by his first name.

He sighed. "Thanks." And ran his fingers through his hair nervously. "I...I...am... really sorry for what I did...I had no idea...I..."

"It wasn't your fault, Ruslan. I deserved it because..."

"No!" He cut me off and shifted closer to me and took both my hands in his. His eyes still didn't meet mine. "That's not what I am talking about. I...Easton told me that you were adopted and..."

"And?"

He took a deep breath. "Please forgive me but I killed your father. Your real father."

"What?" I was lost for words. He killed my real father?!

"Alfresca...I...I...had no idea...I was just sixteen...I...God!" He cursed underneath his breath. "The first man I ever killed, that was your father. I remember him saying that...he took money from us so he could go search for his daughter...he almost said your name but I...I...shot him before that."

"That incident is imprinted in my mind ever since and the moment I got to know you were taken away from your real father at a young age by the Meryds...and learnt your real name was Zoriana...I dig out all the information I could...and that's what I found. I killed your father...that guilt stopped me from coming back to you. I wanted to see you, to have you back but knowing I killed your father...it held me back." He started to cry.

"Please...I'll do anything I could. I am even ready to beg... please forgive me. I didn't know and...I never wanted to kill him...mom forced me..." He bent down and placed his forehead against his hands that held mine.

He killed my father...my real father...

Chapter completion on: 15/9/21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 78.4K 92
"WAIT!? YOU SOLD ME?" - "You are mine, Emily... You belong to me" he whispers in my ear and then kisses me. I feel electricity through my whole body...
62K 1.5K 16
His hand wrapped in her hair, yanking her face up to him to look into his angry eyes. "Tell me where the fuck is he?" He growled, making her shudder...
644K 13.8K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
948K 22.3K 59
⚠️ MATURE STORY⚠️ "Now, why is a little girl getting involved in the devil's playing field. Didn't daddy ever tell you not to play with the big boys...