The Bouquet

By Deepdarkdelights

⚠Warning: This story contains dark and heavy themes, read the warnings beforehand and take care of your menta... More

Book One: 10 Seconds
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Book 2: Positive
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Book 3: Porcelain
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Book 4: Persephone
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Book 5: Cut
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Book 6: Forbidden Fruit
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Book 7: The Stranger
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 4

889 56 12
By Deepdarkdelights

He hadn't felt an ounce of guilt in his body as he removed your IV and detached you from the monitors, or when he cradled you to his chest before setting you down into a waiting wheelchair, or as he exited the hospital and helped you into the back seat of the car, propping your leg up on a few hospital pillows. He was waiting for it to hit him, that feeling of guilt that would settle so deep into your stomach and nauseate you until you spilled the truth in an attempt to quell the sickness that had rooted itself into you. But it never came, much to his surprise. Jin was very conscious of the fact that what he was doing was morally and ethically wrong, it was a kidnapping. But, you had never explicitly told him "no." You had not fought him the entire time as he led you out of the dead unit in the early hours of the morning.

But you were inquisitive and every bit the amount of princess he had expected you to be. You kept him on his toes, balancing between telling you sweet lies and keeping you comfortable.

He had laughed softly in the dark early hours as he watched delicate snowflakes descend from the void sky, propping the car door open before coming to a stop to take in the sight and the feeling of the brisk air. To him, it was a sign of new beginnings. But for you, the opposite could be said.

You had crossed your arms over your chest in an attempt to protect yourself from the chill of the cold climate, having only your thin hospital gown and Jin's jacket wrapped around your shoulders for protection. Your form looked frail as you shook and your teeth chattered together noisily, your gaze narrowing in disgust as the small flecks of white melted as they touched the heat of your skin.

Jin pivoted on his heel as a hiss left your lips. "Something wrong?" He asked, confused.

You nodded swiftly, "It's cold, I don't like it."

He quickly took in your attire before comically smacking his own forehead. "God, I'm stupid. You must be freezing huh princess?" He tisked before sliding his arms underneath your legs and gently setting you down into the back seat and wrapping a blanket around you.

"Jin, turn the heat on." You ordered as he slid into the driver's seat, the car door shutting with a sound click before all four doors were locked. Child safety locks? Really?

"What, no please?" He chuckled, you could see his eyes crinkle from the smile that had found its way to his plush lips.

"Please?" You echoed in confusion, the word felt strange and bitter on your lips. You didn't really like it all that much either.

"Well, it's only polite if I'm your chauffeur, miss." He replied as he began to back out of the parking spot. "You act like you've never said it before, a little spoiled princess."

You sunk your teeth into your lower lip, wincing as you re-opened an old wound. You married him for a reason, right? Then why did that bother you so much? When he called you spoiled and corrected you? Surely he had to be joking around, it was definitely in his nature. Or, just maybe, you were the one that had changed. It would make sense wouldn't it, you couldn't remember anything for the life of you. Jin was the only one you had and supposedly the only one who could help you remember what your life with him was like. You were the one that was acting strange, surely that was the answer.

"Jin?" You asked, your voice missing the bite it had moments before as trees began whipping by outside the windows. You were amused by the fact that you had been in an accident, but you couldn't find it in yourself to be scared of something you couldn't remember. Driving didn't frighten you like it probably would have had you remembered the crash.

"Yeah, princess?" He hummed, gently twisting the volume dial of the radio down. You couldn't recognize who the song was by, but you knew it was classical from the sound.

"I have some questions for you." You said, tugging the blanket up closer to your chin.

"And I have some answers for you." He smiled.

You fell quiet for a moment, mulling over the questions that you had for him. "How long have we been married for?"

"Hmm, about six months now." He replied, his fingers lightly tapping the leather of the steering wheel.

"It was recent?" You asked.

"We had quite the whirlwind romance." He laughed. "What can I say, when you know you know. And, we definitely knew."

"How long were we together before that?" You probed, curious as to how "whirlwind" this romance really was.

"The same, six months. So, we were together for about a year total before the accident." He explained.

Your eyes widened in shock, he proposed after only six months? And you had said yes? You must have been out of your mind, wasted, or he was really something.

"And my family was okay with me marrying a man I had only known for six months?" You responded, your voice tinged with disbelief. You had no memory of your family, or if you even had one. But you were sure no parents would allow their daughter to become engaged to a man that was practically a stranger.

"Of course they were, your family loves me! Why would you say it like that?" He whined in mock hurt.

"You have money, don't you? That's the only reason a family would let go of their child that quickly." You snorted, shaking your head before wincing again at the action.

"You wound me, but for your information, yes I am successful. But no, that is not why you agreed to marry me or why your parents gave me their blessing." He replied with a click of his tongue.

"What is it exactly that you do, Mr. Successful?" You replied snarkily.

"I'm a doctor." He answered without hesitation.

So, you had married a doctor? So he was most definitely making money, you were sure that if you had parents they would jump at the opportunity to have someone like him as a son-in-law. Someone to be proud of. You jerked at that thought, a sudden sting striking you in your chest. Why did that hurt to think of? Were you a disappointment? Surely you weren't, that didn't seem to feel right either. In fact, a lot lately hadn't seemed to feel right.

Besides that, another thought struck you. You were in the hospital and your husband was your doctor.

"Jin, were you taking care of me?" You asked albeit slowly. He tensed at the wheel, his knuckles going white from the strain of his grip.

"Yes," He whispered, so quietly it could have been your imagination. "I was the one that found you after the accident, you were thrown from the car. I took care of you until the paramedics arrived and I took care of you after as well. I just knew that no one else could take better care of you than me." Another truth he could tell you.

After a moment of silence, you cleared your throat and spoke again, "That - that must have been very hard for you."

"You can't even imagine. I did everything I could, but at the end of the day it was all a waiting game, I could only hope that you would wake up and I could finally see you. But, I want you to know that I will always wait for you. Even if you never remember me, I'll still be there for you, princess. In sickness and in health."

Your heart began to thump a little harder from his words, there was a part of you that was whispering that no one had ever said anything like that to you before. That no one had ever promised to take care of you before. And, not to mention, your husband was the most gorgeous man you had ever seen before...not that you remembered any other men. But to hear someone that looked like him say such sweet words to you, you would be lying if you said it didn't affect you. How fair was it that he was not only attractive, but also kind, caring, funny-ish, and smart? That simply wasn't fair to other people. In fact, you were certain there was no possible way you could compare to him, you knew nothing about yourself.

"I must be pretty special then, for you to want to take care of me that is." You said, your fingers fiddling with the hem of the blanket that you had now curled up over your mouth and just beneath your nose.

"You have no idea." He breathed.

~~~~~~~

The drive from the hospital to your home was much longer than you had expected and, to your displeasure, snowy. The small downtown environment that had enveloped the city had quickly melted away into a landscape filled with sloping hills and mountains, dotted with dark green trees and snowcaps. You had burrowed your body deeper into the blanket in the backseat as the snowfall had begun to thicken - fat, white, flakes of snow slapping the windows and windshield. A disgusted shiver wracked your body at the sight, for whatever reason, that was unknown to you, you were certain that before the accident and now to detested the snow.

So, why in the fuck do you and your husband live so far north in the mountains? What had you been thinking before all of this? Perhaps Jin enjoyed the snow, he had seemed to like it before he had lifted you into the car. Had you allowed him to move you up here because you loved him that much? It was a possibility, that was for sure because you still had no idea what you had been thinking beforehand.

Now that you were thinking about it, you didn't even know what region you lived in. What were you meant to do if it snowed all the time? You were undeniably fucked.

Jin was a sure and steady driver, he seemed content despite the blizzard that was raging outside. He didn't slide across one patch of ice or crest over a single bump in the road. It was like he had made the drive many times before. In fact, you were surprised he had even managed to find the pathway to the house in these conditions. Without a second thought, he simply turned and entered the thick growth of evergreen trees and dense slopes of snow piles like he navigated it often.

The way up to the house was dark with a winding road that led the two of you deep into the forested area. If you had been alone you probably would have found it quite terrifying. It was dark and hard to see and you were still incredibly confused as to how your husband had remained so calm and quiet. Then again, he had retained his memory and you had not. Had you not received the injury to your head, you were certain you would be more scared and antsy than you were feeling at that moment.

After a few more brief, silent moments, your home had come into view. It looked much like a grand cabin, perhaps a location that was once meant for tourists looking for a place to stay. There were large, glass, floor-to-ceiling windows that allowed you to see into the home. It was just as grand as the outside. You could see a beautiful staircase leading to the second floor with a chandelier hooked into the ceiling just above it. It was truly stunning.

It was no wonder Jin had referred to you as a "spoiled princess" now that you had seen where the two of you lived. This must be why you tolerated the snow and the cold for him, the home was undeniably exquisite.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 10.3K 39
When you had been hired at the palace, you had expected an easy life. Or at least, an easier life than what you had known before. You didn't think yo...
236K 9.1K 30
|| Status : ☑|| "Not even in my wildest dream I could've thought about you, out of all the people in this world...would betray me." "Why...?" 《WARNIN...
51.8K 2.8K 30
He was a patient man. He wouldn't mind to wait for the right time to reap what he thought he deserved. He had lived in the dark for far too long, tha...
6.1K 285 12
BTS x Black pink x male reader.. I don't ship them, so please don't hate the story because no hateful comments will be tolerated.... Contains mature...