The Bouquet

By Deepdarkdelights

⚠Warning: This story contains dark and heavy themes, read the warnings beforehand and take care of your menta... More

Book One: 10 Seconds
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Book 2: Positive
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Book 3: Porcelain
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Book 4: Persephone
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Book 5: Cut
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Book 6: Forbidden Fruit
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Book 7: The Stranger
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 3

939 58 31
By Deepdarkdelights

He knew he had it bad when he began to fantasize, he didn't want you to leave the hospital, to leave him.

When he would return to his apartment at night, alone and far from you, he would think about his cabin in the mountains and how he had once enjoyed the calm and the quiet. But another part of him wished to fill it with life, with someone else. He selfishly wondered what it would be like to have you there with him, what it would be like to play his favorite records and wildly spin you around to draw out sweet trills of laughter from your throat. He wondered what it would be like to cook with you, to play fight in the kitchen together in a way he had never seen his parents do. He wondered what it would be like to hold you close, the two of you wrapped in a warm blanket with a movie playing in the background as you slowly drifted off to sleep on his chest. He wanted to wake you up every morning with breakfast in bed and see a sweet smile grasp the full flesh of your lips.

He wondered what it would be like to have you to himself. He wanted you all to himself. And each day that passed only allowed his affections to root deeper into his chest, his heart feeling hollow and numb when he was forced to leave you. You, his sweet, innocent, love.

A fond smile tugged at the corners of his lips, what a story this would make. He could picture the two of you telling it to your families as years passed. The story of how he saved you, cared for you, and loved you.

He was undeniably sick, and how ironic was that? Of all people to be as sick as he was, it was him.

Doctor Kim Seokjin was deeply disturbed, that was the inevitable truth. The way he felt was horribly wrong, there could never be a relationship between the two of you - not the one that he wanted. There were ten years separating the two of you, a whole life you still had to live, and the deep sleep you rested in that prevented you from ever knowing him. And, of course, he was your doctor. His ultimate goal should be to heal you, not crave for you.

Jin had a war raging in his mind, the one side telling him to never leave you, and the other side screaming at him how unethical this was. He was not stupid, far from it in fact, but he had been cursed with an affliction he never could have anticipated.

He was sick.

He had been sitting in a chair opposite your hospital bed, his elbows propped on his knees as he rested his head in his hands. There was a steady beat thrumming throughout his skull, the beginning of a migraine making itself known. He was at a loss as of what to do, he was torn. His fingers wove into his hair, tightening around the strands as his right leg bounced in anxiety. He needed a sign, something to tell him what the hell he should do now because the answer felt like it was far beyond his reach. He just needed something to go on, anything.

"Hello?" A voice called, despite its quiet nature it felt cacophonous as it shattered the silence that once hung heavy in the room.

Jin jerked at the sound, his hands falling free from his head as he shot up out of the chair. You were awake. Your eyes fluttered open before pressing shut, they were heavy from sleep and the fluorescent lights stun your tender eyes.

His heart was pounding violently, adrenaline shooting through his body as he saw you awake for the first time. You looked like a sleepy kitten, adorable and small in the bed that housed you. And your eyes, they were as gorgeous as he had thought they would be.

"Where - where am I?" You choked out, your throat dry from lack of use. Without a second thought, he rushed to your bedside, his hands coming to rest on the rail of the bed as he looked over you.

"You're in the hospital, sweetheart." He cooed, as you struggled to keep your eyes open.

"Why? What happened?" You managed to say, your body stilling as you finally came to.

"You don't remember?" Jin asked, his brows knitted together in confusion. This wasn't uncommon, perhaps you had blocked out the trauma of the incident. "You were in a car accident, you've been here for a little while now."

You looked equally as confused, your eyes slowly darting around the room as if you were trying to recall the events that had occurred.

"If it's alright, there are a few questions that I need to ask you. Do you feel well enough to answer them?" He asked, preparing to run through a few basic questions.

"Okay." You whispered.

"Alright, can you tell me your name?" He asked, his frantic heartbeat beginning to settle as a gentle smile formed on his mouth.

You remained quiet for a few moments, the silence returning to the room like it had moments before. You looked surprised, worried, and frustrated as you laid there.

"I don't know." You finally said, the worry becoming more prominent on your face as you began to squirm in unease.

Jin swore he could feel his heart stop. "You don't know? Are you certain?"

"I can't remember." You whispered, a distant look settling on your face.

"Do you remember your age or your birthday?" He tried, the panic returning as his heartbeat quickened in anxiety.

You didn't speak, you merely shook your head from left to right, wincing as you did so. You brought your hand up to your head, your fingers tracing over the bandage that lay there. You could feel small raised bumps beneath it - stitches.

"I can't remember anything." You said to yourself, for a moment forgetting the man that was in the room with you. It was true, you couldn't recall a single thing from before this point in time. It was like a dry erase board that had been wiped clean, bright, and blank.

"Stay calm, sweetheart, just relax," Jin said, his hand lightly resting on top of yours, rubbing small soothing circles into the flesh of your hand like he had become accustomed to. "It's going to be okay."

"Who are you? Do I know you, did I know you?" You corrected yourself, your eyes had begun to sting with unshed tears in your confusion.

Jin stood there for a moment, not quite sure of what you were asking. He looked down for a moment before realizing why you had asked him such a question. He wasn't wearing his coat or his nametag, they were hung in his locker.

This must be the sign he asked for, there was no other explanation. This was the perfect solution to his inner turmoil, if you didn't remember then it was going to be fine. He could keep caring for you, loving you, and protecting you. So long as you didn't remember, everything would fall into place just that way he hoped it would.

He swallowed harshly, his heart racing before he decided to speak. "I'm your husband."

There was no going back now, he had already started something he couldn't alter past this point and now he needed to stick to it.

"I'm married?" You whispered to yourself, the words felt foreign on your lips and almost wrong. "Where's my ring?" You asked, spotting the naked flesh of your ring finger.

"They had to remove it before surgery, sweetheart. That's how it goes." Jin replied, slipping his fingers between your own.

"Well, where's yours?" You asked, your eyes darting to his left hand.

"Hm? I don't wear it to work, I never have. It's too risky, it might get stolen." He explained, the lie falling off his lips so naturally, he too almost believed it.

"Oh." You mumbled to yourself, your fingers tensing as the stranger - your husband, interlocked your hands securely. "Was anyone hurt? Was it my fault?" You asked.

Jin felt like he was about to melt into a puddle, here you were broken and bruised and you were asking about the state of the others. The others. There was no possible way he could tell you about your family, even if they were unconscious and in the ICU it was too much of a risk. You couldn't know.

"No, no, it wasn't your fault, baby." He replied, his other hand coming up to lightly caress your cheek, his touch so gentle you could barely feel it. "The other driver fell asleep at the wheel, he swerved into your lane and hit you head-on. He has some minor injuries, nothing worse than a deviated septum." He explained, the first truth he had told you.

The tears that had been welling up in your eyes finally burst free, running rivers down the contours of your face. "I'm, I'm sorry I don't remember you."

You were fully crying now, a complete and utter wreck. You were so confused and this was all so sudden. You didn't remember a single thing, your head had been split open and your leg was broken. And, not to mention, you had forgotten the person that was supposed to mean so much to you. How could you not remember your husband? What kind of person could forget their husband?

"Oh, no. Please don't cry, sweetheart." Jin replied, his heartbreaking at the sight of you. You were a mess, but you were still so gorgeous even with your tear-stained face. There was another part of him, deep inside that trembled with twisted glee at your state. All it took was a few little lies to have you prancing into the lion's den willingly. He had taken advantage of your confused state yet there was no part of him that regretted it. He was taking what he wanted, and he was sure that you would understand if you were in his position.

Jin knew he was attractive, he could hear the hushed whispers of patients and staff alike about just how handsome he was. He was everyone's brand, he was sure of that. So, it wasn't hard for him to imagine that if the roles were reversed, you would do the exact same thing he was doing. You were both attractive people, it made sense to him.

"It's okay, I'll always wait for you, care for you, and love you. I promised you that." Again, another truth. "In sickness and in health?" He joked, with an arched brow.

A soft laugh bubbled up from your throat, a sudden smile blending with the tears on your face. Jin was sure he had witnessed the reveal of an angel because there was no other possible explanation as to how you looked so damn ethereal like that.

"I'm going to step out and make a call alright? I'm going to get you situated and out of here." He said, giving your hand a gentle squeeze.

Removing your IV and the monitors were going to be the easy part, but getting you out of the hospital and undetected? That was going to be a challenge.

"Don't go anywhere." He chuckled, lightly tapping the cast that surrounded your leg.

"So, I guess you're a comedian then?" You commented wryly, sniffing as you wiped away your tears.

"Only the very best." He replied, stepping back towards the door. "I'll only be a minute."

As soon as the door clicked shut, he finally released a deep breath he didn't know he had been holding in. He had done it, you were finally going to be able to stay with him. His fantasies no longer had to be fantasies, not when he had you ready and willing to leave with him. Now that he had you convinced you were his wife. A deep blush settled on the apples of his cheeks at the thought of that. He had convinced you that he was your husband and you had no reason to believe otherwise. You were going to be his now, and he was going to take care of you like the princess he knew you were.

He shoved his hand into his pocket, sliding his phone free and swiftly unlocking it. The time on the display glared back at him: 2:00 AM. He knew what he had to do next, and he was ready to do whatever he could to keep you. Even if it meant calling in a favor. His eyes fluttered shut as he took a deep breath before opening them once more and dialing a number that he had memorized years ago.

"Joon, I need your help."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 271 12
BTS x Black pink x male reader.. I don't ship them, so please don't hate the story because no hateful comments will be tolerated.... Contains mature...
104K 4.9K 34
bts x readers "Don't cover my love bites or else I'm going to add more" if you like yandere...or dark romance so this is for you.. "Excuse me.. I'm n...
189K 10.3K 39
When you had been hired at the palace, you had expected an easy life. Or at least, an easier life than what you had known before. You didn't think yo...
51.1K 2.7K 30
He was a patient man. He wouldn't mind to wait for the right time to reap what he thought he deserved. He had lived in the dark for far too long, tha...