Jealousy Game

By brok3nsul

Brooklyn Nova didn't have an easy childhood. Her mother passed away when she was young, her and her older bro... More

Drink up
Let's play the jealousy game
Let the game begin
Brookyln and I are dating
Lucy I'm home. Woah!
I'm taking you out
Once an asshole, always and asshole
Beach Day!
Admit it to yourself
It's party time Bitches
Those are just excuses Josh
Training Brooklyn
She's taken
I'll see you soon Brooklyn
Franco has Brooklyn
He's dead
Unfortunately Brooklyn is in a coma
I killed someone
It's best if we stop this
We're having a December wedding
I thought you were dead
Do you regret it
So you've got a date to the wedding
Like father like son
Help is not coming
It looks like we're moving
You can't avoid him forever
Josh and I are friends again
I may have just walked in on Josh and his date
I present to you Mr and Mrs Valentine
Go get your girl
"I want you. I love you Brooklyn
Epilogue

Brookyln is dead

212 3 0
By brok3nsul

~Josh's POV~

Hearing Bryce tell me Brooklyn killed someone absolutely broke me. I never wanted for any of this to happen to her. She shouldn't be going through all of this. It's all my fault.

Truth be told I'm terrified. Franco is not someone you want coming after you. He won't stop until he gets what he wants. If I know Franco all too well he's definitely going to want to avenge his guy's death.

I pull out my phone calling Nick. "Get to the hospital we have a problem." I tell him. "We'll be there in five minutes." He says. I hang up the phone looking at Bryce. "We can start thinking of a plan until they get here then they can just help us."

Nick, Troy, and Oliver arrive at the hospital shortly after. "What happened is a Brooklyn okay?" Nick asks when they run into the hospital.

"She's fine she's awake. You guys can go in and see her in a little but we need to talk first." I tell them. They nod taking a seat next to Bryce. "Brooklyn killed one of Franco's men. We all know what that means." I tell them.

All three boys nod looking at me. "We need a plan to get Franco to back off." I add. "Well we don't have a lot of time so let's start planning." Troy says.

Troy, Oliver, and Nick spend the next few minutes taking turns seeing Brooklyn. I can't bring it upon myself to go into her room just yet. A wave of guilt rushes over me every time I look at her door.

"I'll go see her when we have a plan." I tell Bryce after he asks if I'm going to go into her room. By now everyone but me has gone into her room.

"What if we catch Franco by surprise and take him down at his house? He won't be expecting it." Oliver says. "If we do that we're as good as dead. We don't know how many men he has with him. Franco has been in this business longer than we have. We can't risk that." I shake my head.

Oliver sighs sitting back down. "We could always send Brooklyn away. Maybe if she's far away Franco will forget about her." Troy suggests.

"We all know that's not going to happen." I look at him. I can tell Bryce is starting to get frustrated. I get him honestly it's his sisters life  that's in jeopardy.

"I got it." I say as an idea pops into my head. I look at Bryce scared for his reaction to what I'm about to say. After explaining that no one can know the truth but us, Sophia, and Zack I walk over to Bryce.

"Brooklyn has to die." I tell him ready for Bryce to lash out at me. He's quiet for a few seconds before responding to me. "Okay." He nods. "You're okay with this?" I ask him.

"No but it's for her safety so I'm willing to go with this plan." Bryce says. "Are we all on the same terms?" I ask looking at all of them. Cooper joined us a few minutes ago so I look at him as well.

"Yes." They all say. "Good. Cooper you call Sophia. Bryce you call Zack. Let them know the plan but also let them know they can't come to the hospital. The less people here the more believable the plan will be." I say pulling out my phone.

"Who are you calling?" Oliver asks me. "Aiden." I tell them and walk away. I take a deep breath as I grab my phone. I dial Aiden's number slowly bringing the phone up to my ear.

"Flynn? Any updates?" He asks answering after the first ring. "Aiden." I say gulping. "What is it Josh?" He asks worried. "It's Brooklyn." I whisper.

"Is she awake?" He asks me. "No." I pause. "Aiden Brooklyn is dead." I tell him. Aiden is silent for a little over a minute. "There's something else you need to know." I sigh.

"What is it?" He asks. "The reason why she ran out of the house like that is because Brooklyn shot one of Franco's guys and he's dead." I say. "She shot someone?" Aiden asks me. "Yeah the guy was trying take advantage of her, she shot him while she was trying to get away from him." I sigh.

"I can't believe she had to go through all of that." He says. I feel bad about lying to him since I know he really cares about her but it's the only way to keep her safe.

"Josh I want you to know that you can count on me if you need anything. All the anger and rivalry is in the past." He says. "Let's just leave the past in the past Aiden. If you need anything I'm here as well." I tell him.

"Alright bye." I hang up the phone after a few minutes of taking to him. We both decided to end on good terms putting all the bad things behind us.

I walk over the waiting room to see the boys sitting down waiting for me. "Aiden thinks she's gone. We're on good terms now everything in the past is staying there." I tell them.

Bryce nods standing up. "We're going to see Brooklyn she might be awake right now since the nurse just left her room. Are you coming?" He asks.

I sigh loudly looking at Brooklyn room. You have to do this. I tell myself dreading to go into her room. I slowly walk over to her room with the rest of the guys. Bryce opens the door then walks in. I let the other guys walk in before I do.

As soon as I walk in I see her laying down on the hospital bed. The smile on her face is contagious, I can't help but smile softly at her. "Hey Shortie." I whisper.
**********************************************************************************************************************************
~Brooklyn's POV~

I wake up when I hear the door open. I smile as I see all the guys pile into the room. I look over at the door seeing Josh walk into the room and close the door.

"Hey Shortie." He smiles when he sees me. "Hi." I smile back at him. He doesn't move from where he is and just leans against the wall staring at me. "Bee we have something to tell you." Bryce says. I look away from Josh so I can look at Bryce.

"In order for Franco to not come after you anymore we came up with a plan." Bryce says looking at me. "Okay what is it?" I ask him. "Brooklyn we have to fake you're death." Bryce tells me.

"Zack and Sophia know you're still alive but everyone else thinks you're dead." Cooper adds. "What about Aiden?" I ask. "I told Aiden you died. He can't know you are alive. The less people that see you're alive the easier it is to make Franco believe it." Josh says.

"So what I'm just supposed to pretend I'm dead for the rest of my life?" I ask. "No." Josh says finally moving away from the wall. "Just until we can deal with Franco." He says walking over to me.

"It's for your safety Brooklyn. You won't be aloud to leave the house at all. Whatever you want or need one of us will get it for you. You won't be able to call anyone either." Josh says looking at me.

"Okay." I say softly. "Zack and Sophia will be visiting you when we get back the house so you will get to see them but it's only going to be them. You can't get in contact with anyone other than us or them." Josh explain.

"Alright." I look up at him. "We're going to go get food. We'll be back later." Bryce says suddenly. I look at the boys as they all leave the room.

"And then there were two." Josh chuckles. I look back at him chuckling softly. "I hate that your in this hospital bed because of me." He whispers looking down at me.

I grab his hand moving over to the side before I gently pull his hand so he can sit on the bed. "It's not because of you. Franco did this not you." I whisper.

He looks away from me looking down at my hand that's on his. I intertwine my fingers with his bringing my other hand under his chin. "Josh." I say bring his chin up so he can look at me.

"I don't want you to blame yourself for this. Do you understand?" I ask him. "It's hard to not blame myself Brooklyn. You shouldn't be here right now."He looks into my eyes. "This is exactly what I didn't want." He says softly.

"It kills me to see you laying down in a hospital bed. Bryce and I agreed to keep you out of this and I broke that agreement." He let's go of my hand before standing up. I sit up on my bed looking at him.

"We both know this couldn't have been avoided. Deep down we both know this was going to happen at one point. I live with you Josh. I care about you." I tell him.

We get interrupted by Dr.Finley coming into my room to check on me. "How are you feeling Brooklyn?" He asks walking over to me. Josh moves to the corner of the room so that he can be out of the doctors way.

"I'm doing okay. I was extremely tired earlier so I took a nap." I tell him. "You got hit by a car it's normal for you to be tired. The next couple of days your going to feel a little weak and that's okay." Dr. Finley says.

He finishes checking me then steps back. "Okay I'll come in to check on you throughout the night. Visiting hours are almost over. Two people are aloud to stay just let Nurse Collins know who is staying so she can write it in the system." He says.

"Thank you." I smile. Dr. Finley leaves the room as Bryce and the guys walk back in with food. "I didn't see that." Dr. Finley tells Bryce pointing to the bag of food he's holding. I laugh softly as Bryce hides the bag. "Right thanks doc." Bryce says.

"We brought dinner." Cooper says closing the door. "I'm not hungry." Josh says. I look over at him raising an eyebrow slightly. "Two people are able to stay the night. I think Bryce and Cooper should stay." He says not looking at me.

"Josh?" I say softly. I know he's still blaming himself when he doesn't look at me. "I'll be back tomorrow to pick you guys up." He says walking over to the door. "Josh!" I call out. He ignores me and leaves my room.

"What just happened?" Nick asks looking at me. "He's blaming himself for what happened." I sigh. "We'll talk to him. Have a good night Brooklyn we'll see you tomorrow." Troy smiles softly.

Nick, Oliver, and Troy all say bye then leave. "Do you want to eat?" Bryce asks closing the door. "Yeah I'm starving." I nod.

Bryce places the rolling table in front of me and takes out my food. "Did you guys eat already?" I ask. Cooper and Bryce both nod slowly.

"We wanted to give you and Josh some alone time. So we ate at the restaurant." Cooper says. I start to eat and look at them. "Can I tell you guys something?" I ask them.

"Anything Bee." Bryce smiles. "I realized something when I was talking to Franco." I say looking at them. "What did you realize?" Cooper asks. "Franco made me realize I love Josh. I fell in love with Josh Flynn." I tell them.

Bryce and Cooper both smile at me as they look at me. "We already knew." They say at the same time. "Now all you have to do is tell him." Bryce says.

He's right I have to tell Josh I lost the bet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 32 43
Not only was I spending two months of my summer with my boring old grandparents. But I found things out about my family that I never knew. I found t...
1.1K 49 17
When Olivia was 5 her and her parents moved to another street in England, and Alex, the neighbors son who was 7years old, was the only one in the nei...
15K 438 77
"Who are you exactly?!" I growled angrily. She tried to free herself from my grasp, but I pinned her to the wall. She glared at me angrily as she kep...
259 14 9
Senior Year is the hardest. Yet, when that time comes around, everyone is beyond excited to leave behind their life of drama! But no one is more thri...