Supermarket is a Cupid [On Hi...

By piana_staric

"Don't you talk to me like that. Do you have any idea who I am?" "Oh yeah, you must be the prince of jerks be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
IMPORTANT

Chapter 35

16 4 7
By piana_staric

It's been hours since we are driving. It's been hours since the last time I breathed without being paranoid of been dead the next moment. It's been hours since I became wanted by official authorities.

"Okay, you got this. Keep your head low. Do your business and get out as fast as you can." Jake ordered. I nodded not taking away my eyes from the small department store of the gas station across the street. It's nighttime now, we have been on the road since the morning. We are hungry and in dire need to use the restroom. So as soon as we saw this gas station we stopped because we are also running out of gas.

"Nyla please don't do anything stupid. Stick with the plan, you go to the restroom while I fill up our car. Then you go buy us food and water while I use the restroom. We need to make it quick. Most importantly do not interact with anyone do your thing and get out." He recites again. I hummed, giving him a strong head nod.

As I made my way to the door with the stick figure of a girl, I contemplated whether to ditch Jake and figure something out to get me out of this situation or should I stick with the plan. I have to keep my guards up. Those thoughts bring back a memory of a beautiful afternoon when Uncle Greg was telling me things after I got to know about him being the leader of the Molasses empire.

"Darling I know how much you love to see the good in everyone. But the only person in this world that you can trust completely is yourself. You don't need anyone to protect you or be there for you, become your own strength, your own anchor. I know you have the potential to become strong individuals. Never let your walls down. Never let anyone see your weakness and fear. Trust your instincts to help you understand who is a friend and who is a foe." Uncle Greg said smiling while helping Jeremy and me to decorate the backyard to give a surprise to, aunt Eline, Jeremy's mom on her birthday.

"But dad what about with people you trust. Should I even keep my walls up around you also?"  Jeremy questions.

"As I said Jer, trust your instincts to tell you how much of you do you want the other person to see. But always keep that last guard up, so that no one but you have the key to completely destroy you. In this cruel world, it is a sad reality that you can't even trust your blood." Uncle Greg said with a small smile that never leaves his face and then came towards us spreading his arm for us. We both reluctantly hugged him.

"And that is why I will try to protect my angels from this cruel world as long as I can." He said while placing a soft kiss on our head.

"Hey not fair you all are hugging without me." Cassidie pouts as she runs towards us, also joining the hug. "Not fair uncle Greg, are you picking favourites now?" She questions with a cheeky grin. "You know you are my child as much as these two are." Uncle Greg replied. Cassidie doesn't know about the underworld stuff Jer's family is involved with, uncle doesn't want her to know for her own safety. I wouldn't have known either if I hadn't walked in on them that day.

To be honest, Jeremy's parents have been more around for me than my parents ever did. They would always be busy at the hospital being successful surgeons. There were times when they won't be home for days. That is the reason I didn't have much trouble living in Hanford on my own because even back home I have always been alone. Even with my sister being in the same house I felt alone because even though I tried she wouldn't reciprocate the efforts so we could bond and become closer.

Tears beamed my eyes threatening to spill any moment because I really miss them. I miss uncle Greg, aunt Eline, Cassidie, but I pulled myself together. Uncle Greg trust me to be okay. He wants me to do what my instincts tell me and they tell me to stick with Jake. I will do this not because I trust me but because I trust Uncle Greg and he wants me to trust myself.

Not going to lie, it hurts me the lack of faith you have in yourself.

I know I am a dumb bitch that's why I don't trust me.

Ouch. Who pissed in your tea miss.

This is not the time to be goofing around, I need to get my head straight. So I proceeded to do my business and get out as fast as I can. I stepped out of the disgusting public toilet and nodded to Jake by the car before rushing into the store.

On my way in I bumped into a man, I didn't see his face cause I was in hurry and also because half of his face was covered with a hood. I grew more cautious, he could be a local criminal for I know. Because what would a normal citizen do in a department store of the gas station on a barren road, in the middle of the night. All the while trying to hide their face.

He could be a moody, grump person; who is trying to avoid people?

Well precaution is better than cure. So, I would rather be on high alert.

I quickly went to the food aisle and grabbed any already made edible item I can find along with two big bottles of water. I also got some first aid supplies, because you never know when you will need them. On my way to the cash counter, I also picked up a cold drink as I get motion sickness and carbonated drinks help a lot.

We already know you are a hoe for carbonated drinks no need to make up excuses.

Well damn, I thought we were already past coming at our own self.

Sike bitch you thought.

As the cashier was billing my items I also grabbed the biggest packet of skittles and Hershey kisses. Jake is buying because I don't have money on me, might as well make his pocket hurt.

"Your number darling?" The cashier asked. I snapped my head at him to see him smirking while his nasty eyes goes up and down my body. Oh yeah, I forgot I am still wearing that coat dress.

"No thanks, just ring up the items without any number." I said nonchalantly while trying to keep in the bubbling anger that's increasing with every second that passes as the creep wouldn't stop staring at my chest.

"Oh come on doll it's only for the bill, but I won't mind if you give me otherwise." He winked and I cringed hard. He then proceeds to touch me but I took a step back.

What a pig.

"You know what fine, note it down." I said narrowing my eyes at him. A disgusting wide smile settle on his face, as he eagerly waited for me to tell him my number.

"Yeah write it down. 9.....1.....1." I said slowly. He looked up and raised his eyebrow, "after that." I looked at him shocked, is this bitch that dumb.

"That's it motherfucker now run the damn bill." I said impatiently. He scowled instantly and mutters "bitch" under his breath.

Calm down. You must not make a scene right now. Don't worry God is watching everything, karma will get him.

But how am I supposed to let this go? As long as he thinks he can hit on me I am "darling", "doll" and when I say no immediately I become a bitch. This is wrong and if I let go then people like him will keep harassing. Today it is me, tomorrow it will be someone else.

I was going to snap but all those thoughts escaped my mind when I hear a crashing sound coming from outside. I quickly grab the bag and run out.

"Oh no this is not good." I exclaimed as I take in the scene outside. The man I saw earlier in the hood, right now have Jake in a headlock.

Jake struggles to get out of the hold. He quickly walks horizontally up the wall with the man as a support and jumps to get out of the headlock. He twists the man's arms,  grabs the gasoline pump hose and wraps it around the neck, choking the hooded man. But that didn't last long as the man kicks Jake's stomach sending him flying to the ground before aggressively getting on him and repeatedly punching him.

I quickly got into action. I anxiously looked around to find something to use. My eyes fall on the metal pipe in the corner. I dashed towards them and picked one, groaning cause it was heavy. I turned back to see both of them on their feet, Jake roundhouse kicked the man's face but that didn't faze him much. He spits the blood on the floor and cranked his neck side to side before advancing towards Jake. I ran to where they are, Jake saw me and send me a slight nod. I didn't hit the man as soon as I got to them, worrying what if I accidentally hit Jake.

"DO IT." Jake shouts as he dodges a punch and successfully lands two on the man, one to the face and one to the guts.

Wow he is good.

"For God sake do it already." He growls. I took a step forward but instantly backs away when the man swings his hand towards me.

"Ah dammit." Jake snarls before gripping the man's neck. In a second his body falls limp on the ground. Jake then scrabbles to get the gun a few feet away on the ground and shoots both of his legs.

"Come on let's go." Jake grabs my hand.

"Don't move. The cameras caught you. Surrender yourself, I already called the police. " A scared voice said. We both look from where the voice came from to see it's the cashier. I guess then lucky for us Jake shot both the cameras the moment we got here.

Jake points the gun at him, "Get back I don't want to hurt an innocent citizen."

"You both will die and burn in hell for what you did to that man." He says and throws a knife at us. We successfully dodge it.

"Do it Jake, he is not an innocent human." I sneered and he didn't even question me before shooting his arm.

We made a run for it. Jake got behind the wheel and swerved the car while I quickly grabbed the grocery bags on the floor and jumped in the passenger seat of the car. We drove off into the dark with adrenaline rushing through our veins.

After driving for few more minutes Jake parked the car to the side of the road. As soon as the engine died down we both said at the same time.

"Let me dress up your wounds."

"How the fuck do they know our location?" He was glaring at me.

I raised my eyebrows and then send him a nasty look, "How would I know? Imply I am a mole one more time and I swear Jake you will regret it."

"Recall if you have a tracker on you that Jeremy installed or any other thing that can be traced." He huffed.

"No I don't have a tracker and I just have a watch, a dead phone and clothes on me."

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY." He screams.

"Geez calm down. YOU KNOW I CAN SCREAM TOO BITCH." I replied angrily.

"I can't believe you have your phone with you. You could have gotten us killed." He groans.

"Did you heard the word 'dead' I used before the phone? It's switched off. They can't track us, I know that much." I air quoted dead.

"Nyla do you think this is a joke? This is not some street gang shit. You do realise that we have the world's 3 biggest crime syndicates on our tail. We tried to steal information on the world's biggest mafia, The Eagles. And I know this much that Jeremy cares about you so that gets Molasses, the second biggest trying to haunt us down for you. And well the third biggest, Scythe are not really chasing us but they would obviously try to contact me."

"But I didn't turn on my phone and it could have been your phone for all we know." I said.

"You can still track a phone even if it's off. It is difficult but it can be done and it was not mine because mine cannot be tracked, no matter how much good technology you have." He said with an unreadable expression.

Before I could say anything I felt cold metal pressed against my temple. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blow your brains out right now."

I kept my composure, not even flinching by the harsh tone of his voice.

Never let anyone see your weakness or fear.

So I did as uncle Greg once taught me. I looked him straight in the eye, not showing any vulnerability.

"Jeremy will kill you and everyone you ever knew if you do that. You yourself said Molasses is power, if I were you I won't doubt my threat." It wasn't this that fazed him, it was the next sentence that I occurred put a smirk on his face.

"Also, I will help you find Eagles."

×××××××××

I see you. I know you read it, now click that star button.

Baby let the games begin...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 5.4K 14
[BXB] "You know Luke the more you stutter the cuter you get" And that was the very moment I broke, his emerald eyes burning into me as I folded, his...
24.4M 1.1M 70
"I didn't ask to be in the middle of your ego-battle," I grumble. Blake pins me to my locker, hands resting on either side of my head. "Well, you got...
751 51 16
"Marek, don't do this. Keep your captainship. I'll tell the truth about what happened and we'll both be out of the deal." "But-" "I don't know what y...
194K 3.7K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...