You Can't Kill a Pogue

By imtrying2105

What if the pogues were originally a group of 5, but one of them mysteriously died when they were 15. After... More

Cast
Kidnapped
Break In
I'm Shot
Death
Reunited
Home Sweet Home
In Love
The Parents
Topper The Savior
Mee-Maw
Break Up
Sherlock Holmes
God?
Meeting The In-Law
The Cross
Bees
The Kiss
JJ And Logan's Future
Stranded
Announcement!
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3
Bonus Chapter #4
Bonus Chapter #5
Bonus Chapter #6

Logan?

12.2K 169 59
By imtrying2105

JJ, Kie, and Pope are all outside the chateau making a grave for John B right beside the one for Logan on the tree all in tears.

"To John B" says JJ as he takes a drink from his flask.

"And to Sarah" Kie says weakly.

They then proceed to put all of John B's things in a box and bury it into the ground.

"Two down three to go" JJ says trying to lighten the mood. They all chuckle and stay at the chateau for a little longer.

~ ~ ~ ~
On the boat headed to Nassau John B and Sarah are laying down in bed waiting to get there.

"Sarah" John B whispers trying to wake her up but only receives a hum in response. "Do you wanna get married?" He asks

"No" she says softly.

"No?" John B asks confused

"No." she confirms

" Well how come?" He asks wanting to know.

"You don't have any prospects" Sarah says her eyes still closed.

"You don't have any prospects either" John B retorts defensively.

"Ouch" Sarah reply's.

"Well anymore" he says

"So it's not about the money?" she asks now opening her eyes.

John B takes a while to respond before saying "Well, I guess not. You're pretty good-looking"

"Stop" Sarah nudges him playfully while chuckling.

"I'm serious. Now come here" he says wanting her to come closer.

Sarah turns around saying "I'm trying to sleep"

Now they're face to face and John B asks "You wanna be a Pogue for life?"

"If I say yes" she says softly "you're not allowed to die."

~ ~ ~ ~
Upstairs the captain of the boat is making himself a drink while listening to music.

"Guys take a look at this" a man came into the room holding a paper hitting his head on the top of the door.

"What's that" the captains says taking the paper out of his hand. "Well, well, well, will you look at that."

"Look at what" a lady with an accent asks while spinning a knife in her hand.

"Never judge a book bye it's cover" the captain says while showing the girl the paper. "Wouldn't have pegged the kid as a cop killer".

"Now that's 50,000 dollars" the younger man says.

"Woah" the lady said clearly excited.

"You want me to call it in?" The you get man asks the captain.

"Call it in? We got six kinds of contraband on this boat. He ain't going nowhere. We, turn him in when we get to Nassau. Come on." He says as he leaves.

~ ~ ~ ~
Back in outer banks Kiara and Pope are outside of the Cameron's mansion spray painting "Murderers" on their front wall.

"Okay, I'm not sure, but I think they can see us from there." Pope says to Kiara freaking out that their going to get in trouble.

"Who cares? They should be glad I'm not setting the house on fire. And you know Logan would 100% agree with me on this." Kiara says to him.

"Yeah I know but you have to admit Logan would agree to do anything if it was dangerous, I still don't know how we got along so well" Pope says the last part confused because it was true Logan was into doing anything that was even remotely dangerous she always said she liked the rush. "Okay, well, just... Can you hurry up?" He says trying to speed up the process.

"Look, doesn't it piss you off, even a little?" Kie asks him frustrated.

"Of course it pisses me off. I'm just— I'm just trying to channel my rage into different vectors right now". He says trying to defend himself.

"Oh, okay" Kie says as she continues to paint the wall. "Not bad".

"Hey, I think somebody's up there. Shit. It's Rafe." Pope says

"Look, we know what you did!" Kie yells at Rafe. "Murderers!" She yells as Pope drags her away.

"No. Now is not the time. Are you serious?" He says to her as they walk away.

They are now sitting in the boat going back home as Pope begins to talk. "Rafe is a psychopath. He could come after us."

"Let him try" Kie says as she smokes a joint.

"Look, I want to pin Rafe just as much as you do—"

"Really? Cause you could've fooled me. Are you even a Pogue?" Kie cuts him off.

" I can't go around doing stupid things like this. That was Logan's thing." He says ignore the Pogue comment. "We have school tomorrow. We should be focusing on laying low."

"Do you wanna hook up?" Kie asks randomly.

"What?" Pope says

"It's not like we haven't kissed" she explains to him.

"Kiara, you're pretty high right now and I honestly don't think you would want to." he says to her. She kisses him and he backs away "Kiara".

"Cool" she says and sits down next to him. "So that's your plan huh. You're just gonna crawl into your books, cram it down like nothing happened?"

"I went off the rails. And I lost my scholarship and my best friends are dead. Getting high and overcompensating is not gonna help." He says to her.

"Helps me" Kie says.

~ ~ ~ ~
At the Country Culb JJ is working while he is hearing everybody talking about John B and getting all the information wrong. He finally freaked out when he heard a group bring up something else.

"John B got what was coming to him and it saved them the expensive trial. I'm just saying John B's going to hell for what he did to sheriff Peterkin." One girl said not caring that JJ is standing there.

"Guys, they're still investigating" Topper said feeling bad because John B was JJ's best friend.

" Yeah, I don't know why. It's obvious who did it." The same girl said.

"Yeah exactly. He probably killed that Logan girl too." Kelce said and that's what pushed JJ over the edge.

"Shut up" JJ said.

"Listen—"

"Shut up, top!" JJ interrupted.

"JJ, just walk away. It's not the time" Topper said trying to avoid conflict.

"I don't think we were talking to you, Pogue" Kelce said.

JJ picks up a glass and starts hitting the fork on it to get everyone's attention. "Can I have everybody's attention please? I have a little announcement to make! My best friend John B, did not kill Sheriff Peterkin! Rafe Cameron killed and shot the sheriff in cold blood. That's what happened. And John B did not kill Logan she was in an accidental house fire caused by the stove being left on." JJ announced to everybody.

"Wow" Kelce scoffed.

"Is that so hard for you to believe Kelce" JJ asks him

"It is actually hard for me to believe because it's always the... the Kooks fault. It's never the pogues fault" Kelce said standing up and walking over the JJ.

JJ grabs a water container and dumps it on Kelce. They start fight while Topper is trying to break it up.+

"JJ" JJ's boss says.

"Yeah I know, Raz, I know. I'm fired." JJ says and throws his apron at him.

JJ walks off to his dirt bike while people are yelling things at him. JJ flips them off then proceeds to run his dirt bike through the garden ruining all the flowers.

~ ~ ~ ~
On the boat in Nassau John B is sitting down looking at the melted gold.

"John B someone's coming" says Sarah.

"Morning love birds. Coming into port. Best not be onboard without a passport, if you know what I'm saying." The captain says to them

"Yeah, I hear you" John B says

"You guys can go on my bridge" he says

"Through here?" John B asks and receives a hum from the captain. "Okay" he says and him and Sarah go up through the door.

"Come on. Let's go ya'll need to hustle" the captains says hurrying them up.

"Hey I really appreciate you captain" John B says as Sarah says "thank you".

"Stay put. Don't come out" the captain says

"You got it. Thank you" He says.

The captain then closes the door and locks it.

"Captain you're locking them in? I... I feel bad, man" the young man says.

"Fifty thou will make you feel better" the captain says to him as he walks away.

"What? Dude, I've never been to a foreign country before" John B says to Sarah as he looks out the window.

"Welcome to Nassau" Sarah says to him.

"Wow, it's beautiful" he says

Sarah takes his finger and points to something "that is my family's house" she tells him.

"Holy super Kook. Logan would have a fun time breaking into there" John B said to her "I mean maybe we could crash for a couple of nights?" He says.

"Hey dad, I'm alive, by the way and I'm also thinking of getting married. Can we crash?" Sarah says sarcastically.

"Yeah, you know maybe search around the house for a couple things you might have left. Like the gold you stole from us" John B says.

"John B we are fugitives." Sarah says.

"Yeah" John B sighs

"In a foreign country" She says

"I get it, yeah" he sighs again

"We just have to be careful" she tells him.

"Yeah I got it. Don't worry about it" he says

"Okay. Now can you tell me about Logan you never really talk about him." Sarah says thinking Logan is a boy. Now John B would have corrected her but where's the fun in that.

"Um he was pretty great." He chuckled "He always got into trouble."

"More than JJ?" Sarah asks

"Yeah more than JJ" he confirms

"Wow" she says

"Yeah" he laughs "there was this one time he got so angry at me and JJ for taking his clothes when he was showering that he actually chased us through the house naked. He didn't even care that we could see him." He says the shakes his head with a sad smile on his face. "Everybody was really sad when they died"

"Yeah I bet he sounds really great" she says to him.

"Yeah he was." He says thinking about all the memories with her. "Well we're here" he changes the subject.

~ ~ ~ ~
"Sup T. The usual today?" One of the officers says.

"Believe it or not my brother. I got something to declare today." The captain said.

"Let me guess. Relief supplies" the officer said.

"Oh no. I got a big old fish" he said. "Got them locked up on the bridge. We picked them up just pass Frying Pan Shoals. That's the guy." He shows the officer the wanted flyer. "Don't look so dead to me" the captain told them.

"We'll take it from here" the officer said.

"Long as I get my bounty" the captain said as he unlocked the door letting the officers to the bridge. They go up to see John B and Sarah running off the boat.

"Hey stop" yelled the officer. "Stop!"

"Let's go" said Sarah. "Come on. Run" as they jumped over the fence.

They are running from the people on the boat trying to dodge the people around them. They hide behind a shop and watch as the officers run past them.

"Okay I think I know of a place we can hole up, okay?" Sarah says.

"Okay" John B says trusting her.

"Follow me" Sarah says as she runs away.

~ ~ ~ ~
Back in outer banks the Pogues just arrived at high school. They get out of the car and JJ is drinking a beer.

"Hey chill out" Kie says to him.

"If I black out, just don't remind me." JJ says to her.

"That's not funny" she says.

They are looking around and they can hear all the whispers about them and John B think they wouldn't show up to school. They walk up to a rock that was painted and covered with pictures of John B.

"I feel like people are starting at us" Kie says as she looks around.

"Oh ya. Don't worry it will all blow over the same thing happened when Logan died" JJ said as he looks up. People were staring at them not carrying if they saw them looking.

"Guys I can't be late" Pope said as he starts walking away.

"Hey. Hey. We gotta stick together." Kie says as she holds out her hand for him.

"Stick together. Yeah" JJ says as he walks over to them. Kiara rolls her eyes and grab his arm.

~ ~ ~ ~
In Nassau Sarah and John B are walking up to a hotel that looks pretty fancy.

"Sarah, are you sure about this?" He asks her not thinking it's a great idea.

"It's the safest place for us to be." She responds

"A five-star hotel?" He asks

"Trust me" she says

"Looks a little spendy, no?" John B says as they walk in and look around.

"Just act like you know what you're doing" Sarah tells him.

"All right" he says

"And smile and say hi to people" she says trying to teach him how to be rich.

"All right. Okay, just— Hi" he says to someone then proceeds to walk the wrong way.

"Where are you going? This way" she says dragging him the right way.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. May I help you?" A man who works there asks them.

"Actually yes do you have any bottle water?" Sarah asks trying to get them in. "Maybe Voss, Fiji, or—"

"No." The man says

"No, no I—oh" she takes to drinks off of a waiter and give one to John B. "Thank you I am so parched. I cannot wait to get out of these clothes. What time is our reservation?" She asks John B.

"Uh. Our reservation..." he says obviously confused.

"Yes our reservation" she says to him.

"Is at, uh, 4:30-ish."he says trying to play along

"Reservation?" The man asks

"Yes" John B says.

"You have a reservation?" He asks clearly not believing them.

"Yes. We have a harbor-view king on the third floor and we've been patrons of your hotel for years. And I'll be very sure the manager knows of your hospitality, Elliott, thank you." Sarah says then walks away.

John B drinks the rest of his drink giving it to the man saying " that's pretty good" he then chases after Sarah. "You stay here?" He asks her.

"Yeah. I mean not anymore" she responds

John B walks over to a maid cart and steals her phone and runs after Sarah again.

"Okay you know what you didn't tell me you lived on a beach filled with rollers that just slide in all day" John B says as they make it to the roof of the hotel.

"Yeah we used to come here as kids when we were building the vacation house right over there" she says as she points out the house.

"I bet that's where the gold is" he says

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid" she says to him.

"Come on I'm not Logan" he says "But, Sarah Cameron, I do stupid things all the time without realizing it" he tells her.

"No. I know you want to go over there. But there is a gate. There's security. There's patrols. It's a death trap" she says to him

"Okay, but just think about it. If I can get some money— No real money, okay? I can get a lawyer. I can clear my name. We can go home." He says "look the gold is only going to be there for a few days and after that it's gone. It's gone forever. The world thinks we're dead. It's perfect. We just go, hop over the gate, steal some gold" he try's to reason with her.

"No." She deadpans "John B, you are wanted. It's just way too dangerous. Please promise me. Promise me you won't" she tells him.

"I promise" he says

"Besides we've got a super sweet crib" she jokes as they look around.

They are sitting on the lounge chairs as John B pulls a phone out of his pocket.

"Where'd you get that?" Sarah asks

"Borrowed it. For a minute" he responds

"What're you doing?" She asks

"Sending a message from beyond the grave" he tells her as he texts someone.

~ ~ ~ ~
In history class at the pogues highs school all of their phones go off and they check to see it's a random number.

"Did you get it" Kie asks Pope and he nods in confirmation.

JJ gets up from his seat to go in between them they all put their phones in the middle and open the message that reveals a photo of John B and Sarah. They look at each other shocked as JJ stands up and walks out of class while the other two follow behind him coming us with excuses.

They run through the halls as JJ trips over the janitors bucket and falls. They all start laughing and running outside to the courtyard.

"I mean is that even possible? I mean Shoupe said that they didn't make it. He said that." Kie says as they all run out into the courtyard freaking out.

"Okay, but I... I think we're overreacting, cause we can't rule out the possibility that this could all be some kind of weird cruel hoax." Pope says.

"I'm just gonna ask" she says

"Wait what if it's actually him though?" JJ asks

"Then I don't know okay?" Pope said to him "I don't know"

Kiara text them asking "wtf is this actually you???" Then they wait.

"He responded?" Pope asked

"He's typing" she says and looks at them "he's typing"

"Is JJ there?" The text reads

"I'm here Bree" JJ texts back

"Remember when we put Logan's mattress in the marsh while she was sleeping on it??? She was the deepest sleeper ever" the text said.

They all laugh remembering the memory of how angry she was at them when she woke up.

"It's him" JJ said with tears in his eyes as he hugs Pope then Kie "yeah!" He shouts in celebration

"Laying super low in Nassau" Kie reads the text. "How the hell did they get to the Bahamas?" She asks

" You can't kill a Pogue dude" JJ says

"Especially John B" Pope says

"How much you wanna bet Logan still alive too. Because I bet she is. You can't kill a Pogue" JJ says

"Can you clear my name I wanna come home" John B's text read out

"Hell ya we'll clear your name boy" JJ says to him out loud.

"Be in touch, P4L" Kie reads out his last text.

"P4L man. That's what I'm talking about" JJ says "P4L baby!" He yells

"Holy shit dude" Kie says laughing

They all hug.

~ ~ ~ ~

John B and Sarah are at the hotel going to look for some food. John B sneaks the phone back to the maids cart before they go downstairs. It looks like they are getting ready for a party so they decide to go check it out.

They find some food and start eating it

"You're taking the whole thing" Sarah asks

"Yeah, Come on" he says

They go and hid behind a tree and start eating the food off of the tray. Music starts playing and they look at each other and smile. John B puts the food down and starts talking to Sarah.

"Hey, Val?" He says

"Hey, Vlad" she responds

"Do you wanna dance?" He asks her

"Yes" she says

They walk over to a gazebo and start dancing in the middle of it. Hugging with tears in there eyes. Once the song finishes they stop dancing and people clap for them.

"Let's go get some more food" he says to her as they walk away.

They walk up to the food table and he walks into a waitress with a tray.

"Watch where you're going man" the waitress said as she starts picking up the stuff that fell.

"I'm so sorry here let me help" John B says to her.

"Ugh I swear I'm gonna get fired" she says mostly to herself

"I'm so sorry" he says again as they stand up and look at each other in shock.

"John B?" She asks now her eyes are filling with tears.

"Logan?" He says

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.5K 561 11
john b and his twin sister, on an adventure to find their father who went missing to have a good time all the time, turns into a treasure hunt. one t...
2.5K 1 72
JJ, Pope and Kiara have been in mourning of their friends for the last couple months but when they get a mysterious message will it start the treasu...
21.9K 920 98
Aurora Lili Routledge, or as everyone calls her; Rory, is the twin sister of John B Routledge. With the summer approaching, Rory and John B have made...
162K 3.8K 60
"๐™€๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™จ" "๐™…๐™…-" "๐™‰๐™ค, ๐˜พ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™š, ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ข๐™š. ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š, ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฌ๐™–๏ฟฝ...