You Are The Reason

ameesaAhlam द्वारा

"I don't fear darkness. I am the darkness." Being the leader of the largest Mafia group in USA, Ruslan Searlu... अधिक

CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: All Alone
CHAPTER 2: Save Me
CHAPTER 3: You Are Safe Here
CHAPTER 4: Personal Maid
CHAPTER 5: Trust
CHAPTER 6: Cookies
CHAPTER 7: Trouble
CHAPTER 8: Aurora
CHAPTER 9: Furious
CHAPTER 10: You Are A Monster
CHAPTER 11: All My Fault
CHAPTER 12: Attack
CHAPTER 13: Disappeared
CHAPTER 14: Avoiding
CHAPTER 15: Comfort
CHAPTER 16: Funeral
CHAPTER 17: In Love
CHAPTER 18: Screwed
CHAPTER 19: Brother?
CHAPTER 20: Pleasure
CHAPTER 21: Breakfast
CHAPTER 22: You Drive Me Crazy
CHAPTER 23: You Are The Reason
CHAPTER 24: Bring Down The Searlus Mafia
CHAPTER 25: Lies
CHAPTER 26: Lies (Part 2)
CHAPTER 28: Date?
CHAPTER 29: Wife
EPILOGUE
New Story!
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story
New Story!

CHAPTER 27: Tears

9.4K 494 47
ameesaAhlam द्वारा

Three Months Later...

Alfresca's POV:

"Whose turn is it today to make breakfast?" Easton asked coming out of his room, running his fingers through his hair.

"It's yours." I replied making him groan loudly and I chuckled.

Scowling, he walked into our small open kitchen and started preparing the breakfast while I sat at the dining table and scrolled through my phone.

Three months ago when I got to know all the truth, it hurt, it really hurt but Easton gave me some time to figure out everything and in the end, I forgave him and we decided to live, here in Prague together. We can't go back to USA, they will find us.

And it's more peaceful here.

I help Easton in running his cafe, and we spend our free time watching movies... going out sometimes... talking.

"There you go, sis. Your pancakes." Easton placed a plate of chocolate pancakes infront of me and I gave him a small smile and he sat down opposite to me with his plate of pancakes.

My mind replayed the memory when Ruslan tried to make pancakes for me. As usual, I felt tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

No matter how much I try to forget him, I can't. I just can't. And my heart keeps aching for him. To be close to him, to be in his arms. To kiss him, to care for him.

He never came back to me, he never called, he never left me a message. He trusted me and I betrayed him.

I betrayed him.

"Zoriana?" Easton's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I realised I was just staring at the pancakes, lost in my thoughts not even realising that I was crying.

He looked at me emphatically and gently squeezed my hand that was placed on top of the table. "I know you miss him...but there's nothing you can do about it."

"Just once, Easton." I cried softly. "Just once I want to meet him. Just see him."

He got up from his seat and came and sat down on the chair beside me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder, placed my head on his shoulder.

"I love him, Easton. I love him so much...and I..." I broke down and he placed a kiss on top of my head.

Easton sighed. "Um...he...called yesterday..."

That made me stop crying and snap my head at him. "He did?"

Easton nodded. "Yeah...he did..."

"What did he say?"

"Just random things... about the cafe...and if I need anything..."

I felt as if he was hiding something. "What else?"

"He inquired about you...asked how you were..."

He asked about me. I know I sound desperate but he remembers me. He asked about me.

"What did you say?"

"I didn't tell him anything to be honest. I just said that everything's good...if he really cares for you...then he will come to you and not inquire over the call..."

"Oh..." I whispered gloomily. "He's never going to come, Easton. He hates me."

"No, Zoriana...he doesn't hate you...I saw the way he looked at you when he came to drop you here...there wasn't any hate in his eyes. Pure love, that's what I saw. He doesn't hate you." He assured me.

That made me sob. "Then why did he never come back? It's been three months!"

"He will come back." He stated firmly. "I know him, Zoriana. He will come back."

Sobbing, I buried my head in his chest and he said. "Do you know Searlus Industries are on top at the moment? He left that Mafia work and focused on his passion. I feel really proud of him."

"I know." I whispered and I felt proud of him too.

Easton placed another kiss on my forehead and shifted away removing his hand from around my shoulder. "Now, finish your breakfast." He pointed to the pancakes.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled.

"I'm not gonna hear any excuses. I need you to finish your breakfast, right now. Or else I won't let you work in the cafe anymore." He threatened.

I scowled, glaring at him and picked up the fork and knife to eat the pancakes. And he ruffled my hair in appreciation and resumed eating his breakfast too.

I asked while eating. "Did you hear anything about Wilson? What happened to him?"

He sighed. "Ruslan said he ran away. He couldn't find him...I don't know where he is. Most probably he went back to mom and dad..."

I hummed in response and we ate our breakfast in silence then and as I finished my pancakes first and got upto place my plate in the sink, when my vision started to blur and I felt dizziness wash over me.

My knees buckled and stopped myself from falling by holding the edge of the table for support.

Easton was beside me in a second, holding my hand firmly and made me sat down on the chair and handed me a glass of water which I drank.

"What's wrong with you, Zoriana? That's the third time you almost fainted!"

"I don't know..." I whispered.

He eyed me carefully and said. "I'm not body shaming you but you hardly eat and you are becoming weaker day by day yet you are gaining weight. What's happening?"

I glanced down to my belly where a slight bump was visible and I shook my head, lying. "I don't know, Easton. I don't know..."

"That's it. I'm taking you the doctor." He announced, standing up.

I grabbed his hand. "Please. I'm alright. Nothing's wrong with me."

He shook his head. "No. I am not going to listen to you. I'm taking you to the doctor and that's final because I know you are hiding something."

"Easton..." I said in disbelief. How does he know?

"I'm not stupid, Zoriana. I have watched you grow and...everytime you used to have your periods, you used to spend the whole day in your room and not even move but it's been three months and not once you had your periods, isn't it?"

I groaned. "Easton, no. I...is it important for me to let you know whether I am having my periods or not? And besides...now my periods are not that worse."

He scoffed. "There you go. Again lying. You think I didn't see the used pregnancy test in the dustbin when I was taking out the garbage. It was positive, Zoriana. I thought maybe you will tell me later but it's been a month and you never told me. Don't you trust me?"

I held my face in my hands. "Easton..." And I was again crying. I'm tired of crying. These stupid tears never end.

He sat down and again placed my head on his chest and rubbed small circles over my back. "I know you are scared but you have to trust me, Zoriana."

He asked when I didn't say anything. "How many months? How old is the baby?"

"Three months pregnant." I whispered against his chest.

"Hmm... it's Ruslan's, right?"

That made me lift my head and smack him hard on his shoulder. "Of course, it's Ruslan's! How many men do you think I went about sleeping with?!"

He panicked seeing the murderous look on my face. "Whoah, whoah! Calm down. I was just wondering...I meant no offense."

I huffed and grumbled underneath my breath.

"You should tell Ruslan." He spoke after a pause making me shut my eyes tightly.

"No, Easton...I can't...I...what if he doesn't even want it?"

Easton groaned. "You think he won't care about his own child? He likes kids! I have known him for such a long time. And he deserves to know this."

Sighing, I placed my head down on the table. "Please. Don't tell him. Not now. Please..."

"Fine...but you do want it wholeheartedly?"

"Yes. I want it. Wholeheartedly."

He gently stroked my hair. "Everything's gonna be fine..." He assured me.

"And from now on, if you don't have a proper diet, you are gonna face my wrath! I don't want you fainting anymore especially when you are carrying a child. After all, I'm going to be an uncle."

I chuckled through my tears at his last sentence and lifted my head and he kissed my forehead.

Chapter completion on: 14/9/21

Sorry for the short chapter...😅

~Ahlam

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

3.2M 78.4K 92
"WAIT!? YOU SOLD ME?" - "You are mine, Emily... You belong to me" he whispers in my ear and then kisses me. I feel electricity through my whole body...
406K 8.4K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
225K 4.9K 42
"You will tell me everything I want to know beautiful," He whispered and bit the soft flesh near my neck. "Go fuck yourself," I said in a breathy vo...
947K 22.3K 59
⚠️ MATURE STORY⚠️ "Now, why is a little girl getting involved in the devil's playing field. Didn't daddy ever tell you not to play with the big boys...