His Younger Sister • Jason To...

By AriiTheCouchPotato

Emily (Em) was the youngest Grayson. She wasn't a part of her families circus act but Emily was still as, or... More

000: Info
000: Characters
001: Introduction
002: Rachel Roth
003: Flashbacks
004: New Friends
005: A Visit
006: Uninvited Guests
007: Rescued
008: St. Pauls
009: Lions, and Tigers, and Bears. Oh My!
011: Round Two
012: Alive?
013: I'm Awake
014: The Train
015: Bethany
016: Trigon
017: Home Base
018: Cat Fight
019: Training Gone South
020: A New Training Buddy
021: A First Time For Everything
022: Jason Or Rose
023: Falling
024: Fuck You
025: Prankster, Asshole, Or Both
026: Selfish
027: Half-Truth Or A Lie
028: A Real Date
029: Becoming Closer
030: A Job
Welp-
031: First Day
000: On Hold

010: A Family Never Forgotten

2K 49 16
By AriiTheCouchPotato

"Gotcha!" Cliff exclaims.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Come on, Cliff. It's alright, man. They're cool." Gar tries.

"I know, and they listen to all the right music, and they're just awesome. And make them go." He sarcastically says the first part.

"What is this place? Who are you people?" Rachel asks.

'I love you, Rachel, but how many questions do you have?' I roll my eyes at my own thoughts.

"Chief calls us the conventionally challenged. And this place is-"

"You two kids need to go home." Cliff cut Gar off.

"Are you a robot? Or..." Rachel trails off.

"Here we go." Cliff mumbles.

"He's a robotman." Gar happily states.

"Oh, fuck me." Cliff turns to Gar.

I cover my mouth in hopes a laugh doesn't escape, but I'm not always so lucky. A small one comes out and Cliff turns to stare at me. A second later he turns back to Gar.

"Cliff was a race car driver. A pretty famous one, too. He got into a bad accident. His body was pretty much kaput. Chief managed to save his brain." Gar knocks on Cliffs metal head.

"Knock it off." He calmly states.

"What little there was left of it." Gar states.

"Hey. They've got to go before the chief gets home." Cliff says.

"Who's the chief?" Rachel wonders out loud.

"Oh. Well, he's the greatest doctor in the world. Saved all of us." Gar responds matter of factly.

"All of you?" I question further.

"Who else lives here?" Rachel asks after.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

All of us are standing outside of the house, Rachel and I are saying our goodbyes to everyone. I think the person she's gonna miss most is Gar. They might not know it, but I can tell they are starting to like each other.

"Go. Go with them." Cliff says, holding Gars shoulders. "Go have a life."

"But the Chief." Gar protests.

"His back is broken again. We'll take care of him." Larry says.

"He helped us, Gar. No matter what, we owe it to Chief to help him now." Rita tells him.

"Oh, maybe you guys can come. I mean, you don't have to hide anymore." Gar pleads.

"It is what it is, kid." Cliff states.

"But you..." Rita hands Gar his backpack. "You can have more than us."

After an emotional few minutes and many goodbyes from Gar to his family, he walks over to us. Everyone starts pilling in, but I turn to look back at them.

"I'll see you guys sometime in the future, right?" I question.

"We'll see, kid, we'll see." Cliff says.

"Yeah, I guess so. See you guys!" I exclaim, blowing a kiss to Larry; as a joke and because nobody gave him one during dinner.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"I still can't believe you traded in the Porsche for a minivan." Gar says in disbelief.

"Same. I liked the Porsche, you asshole." I grumbled, arms crossed.

"Hey, watch your language!" Dick tells me.

I just roll my eyes and nod, but start to mock him as he talks about how 'now all of us will fit' or some bullshit like that. Gar found it funny, anyway.

"I like the van." Kory says.

"We're not actually staying here, are we?" Rachel questions.

"You know, there's probably a nicer place down the road." Kory tells Dick.

"We're being hunted by sociopaths. Nicer places draw attention." He says.

"Yeah. Well, they also make it easier to sleep."

"And did you have to pick this shit hole? Like, come on!" I exclaim.

"What did I say about the language." Dick asks.

"Watch it." I mock, imitating his voice horribly.

He just rolls his eyes and continues to explain something to us, but I wasn't really listening. 90% of the shit that comes out of his mouth is either boring or he's telling me off.

Dick getting out of the van snaps me from my thoughts of him being an asshole. I'm still not over him trying to leave me and Rachel, he hasn't earned my trust back yet. But he is my brother, so I'll probably forgive him eventually.

When he comes back we all get out of the car and follow him back inside. I see the lady at the counter eyeing him like he's a fucking four course meal. Seriously? You could do better than him. We get up to Dicks room, I think, and Rachel and I sit on the bed together.

"All right, guys. Listen up. We're all in one piece, more or less." Dick says.

"I could debate that; my mental state has been in pieces for years." I speak up.

Dick just glares at me to shut up, so I put both my hand in the air in a surrendering position but I had a smirk on my face.

"We need to figure out where we stand and determine what's mission critical." Dick continued.

"'Mission critical'?" Rachel asks.

"Gar, hand me a piece. Please." I whisper.

He puts the box of pizza in front of me and I grab one, thanking him before I started eating. Fuck, I'm always hungry. At least I'm hot, so it doesn't really matter.

"Is that a cop thing? It sounds like a cop thing." Gar says.

"It's probably a cop thing." I jump in.

"I had some combat training when I was younger." Dick says.

'What, Bruce is a fucking martial artist now?' I scoff.

"And he's a cop." Rachel tells Gar.

"I'm sorry, you were referring to 'we'?" Kory asked.

"We, as of right now, are a group of people who share a common enemy." Dick says.

"Which makes us what?" Kory questioned.

"A suicide squad." I whisper to Rachel, which makes her laugh.

"Let's call it an alliance. One born of mutual need." He tells Kory.

"And what is that?" She questioned once more.

'And here I thought Rachel asked the most questions.'

"To stay alive. We have no idea how long we have until they find us."

"You just said 'they'. Who are 'they'? What do 'they' want?" Gar inquired, sounding concerned.

"We don't know." Rachel said.

"But they want her." I pointed at Rachel.

"It's because of her... Abilities." Dick tells him.

"They make violence look like an art form." Kory says.

"The people that attacked us fought in unison." Dick continues.

'God, I'm so bored.' I lay down on the bed, backwards, and silently groan. 'Just get to the point.'

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Okay. In order to work together, fight and defend ourselves like a coordinated team, we gotta see what each other can do." Dick states. "Any volunteers?"

A silence came upon everyone, nobody wanting to go first; or at all, in my case. I had already done self defense shit with Dick and I don't feel the need to do it again.

"Kory, Rachel said you can control light, heat. Is that right?" Dick asked her.

"Honestly, I'm still trying to figure it out." Kory shakes her head.

"Okay, so let's figure it out together. How exactly does it work?"

"I think it comes from the sun. I can absorb its power and direct it. I'm weaker at night, though. Um, sometimes empty. And it takes me a while to recharge." She states.

"How long?"

"A few hours, a day... I don't know."

"Can you control it?" Dick asked.

"Of course." Kory tells him.

•°•°•°•°•

I know, I know, I basically skipped all of episode 4. But I have a reason!

I don't want to doddle too much on getting to the Jason stuff, so I'm going to be skipping things. This story is going kinda slow, and I bet you guys are getting bored, so I'll be doing bigger time skips now. Not all the time, but sometimes.

And I do want to mention that I am watching and pausing and playing and all that jazz as I'm writing this so I get the timeline correct.

Anyways, I think Jason will be in the next chapter or the chapter after that, idk yet. Bear with me please!

*EDITED*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 156 14
*This is the rewritten version of A Story Retold* *Undergoing minor revisions* Rachelle "Dixie" Grayson never really had a normal life. Her life was...
421 15 17
(Not a lot of chapters, but they're long, so buckle up) --Valor was normal. Well, as normal as you could be when growing up in a circus with Dick Gra...
114K 3.5K 56
This story is a sequel to "Who We Are [Damian Wayne x Reader]," so you have to read that book first in order to understand the story. You can click m...
13.7K 208 27
list of characters: - Dick Grayson - Jason Todd - Gar Logan - Conner Kent - Hank Hall - Kory Anders - Donna Troy some imagines will be based around t...