Daylight

By Bunana_3120

Book one • The Saint Book two • Saving You Third book in Victoria's Trilogy Victoria is finally free. She is... More

intro
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
Extra
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
● ART EXTRAS ●
SIXTEEN
●ART EXTRAS● 2
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX

FIFTEEN

123 7 0
By Bunana_3120

Victoria...

I walked side by side with Evan. Most of the kids had already left the campus, and I spent most of class time crying into Evan's shoulder. There was still a blotch of my tears on his hoodie. I asked if it didn't bother him, and he said it was nothing.

We walked down the ramp, to the parking lot, where I saw Elizabeth and Natalie. I hadn't seen them all day. I spent most of school time with Evan. I guess my curiosity got the best of me.

"Tori!" Elizabeth yelled, and came running up to me. "Tori, what the hell? You left me today."

"I'm sorry," I said, pulling her off me, "I was with Evan."

Elizabeth looked behind me, where Evan stood awkwardly. She glared at him, while he stood with a face void of any emotion. The pure tension between them was astonishing. It intrigued me, enough to walk over to Evan and grab his hand.

"Were friends now. He's not so bad."

Evan stilled, like, he stopped working or something. Elizabeth's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Seriously? Him? Why?" She asked.

"Yeah Tori," Nat whispered in my ear. "Your not dumb - you know who he is. You could get in trouble too."

"Guys!" I called out, "Evan is cool, hes nice. He's sticking with us. Just wait till he warms up to you."

Everyone gave me a look like I was an alien. I couldn't blame them, he did have a bad rep. And no one wanted to get mixed up in what he did. But, I'm sure they just have to get to know them.

"Alright." Elizabeth sighed, "I'll give the kid a chance."

"Were the same age-"

"Really?!" I beamed.

"Sure. He can't be that bad. He could be a good punching bag too."

I gave Elizabeth a dirty look.

We were sitting by the parking lot, and Nat had already left by then. Elizabeth told me what happened during lunch, and what Celeste was up to. I cursed under my breath.

Then Elizabeth asked about my day. I pried away from talking about choir. But, Elizabeth was smart. She was focused, and knew something was up when I wasn't talking about my favorite class.

"Did something happen?" She asked, and I could feel Evan tense with me. "You usually go on and on about choir. Did something happen?"

"Um... well..." I really didn't want to say. Pity is what I didn't want. It happened, it's over, I dont need anyone's hopes or wished to get better. It's like saying sorry when someone dies. But then I remembered who I was talking to.

Elizabeth has been through worse. She's like me. She's been through what I have - she knows me. I know she won't give pity.

"I had a flashback. I think. Either that or a panic attack... maybe a mix of both."

Both Elizabeth and Evan stared at me in surprise. Then, she finally said,

"Well, that's unfortunate." She sighed, and leaned back on her hands. "Maybe you should tell Aaron and Charles about this."

"I will." I said.

It was quiet for a while. Eventually, Evan, with a slight tone in his voice, broke me out of my daydreams.

"Hey, Tori?" He called, "Celeste is here."

I jumped up, and walked around them to find her walking our way. She and some other boy I've never seen with her.

"God... damnit." I mumbled. "Whatever, well just go. We've been here too long anyways-"

"No."

It was deep, mean and oozing of authority. It was almost disturbing... but something kept the voice sounding sane.

Elizabeth got up and rolled up her sleeves.

"No?" I repeated.

"No. Celeste is too much of a bitch. After the shit she pulled today, no way in hell am I gonna just leave."

"Okay, okay, let's not jump to fighting!" I tried,  but Elizabeth wouldn't have it. It was like she couldn't hear me.

Celeste noticed us as she got closer, as did the guy she was with. I hadn't seen him with her before, but he didn't look too scary. If he wasn't taller, I think I might have had a chance against him. But he looked about two years older than us.

An angry Elizabeth stomped over there, and I could feel the steam that was radiating off her. I grabbed Evan's hand and tried to pull him away.

"We don't need to be here." I said, and tugged his sleeve. "Elizabeth can handle herself, and I don't want to get in trouble."

"That asshole..." I heard him growl. I turned to him, with wide eyes. He looked like a monster.

I could see him fighting an urge to go to him and punch the life out of him.

Then I heard a thud, and looked over to Elizabeth. She started the fight. By the time, I looked again from Evan, Celeste was standing and trying to grab at Elizabeth's hair.

"If your gonna try and fight me," Elizabeth yelled, trying to get Celeste's hand off her hair, "Then throw a punch!"

"Evan!" I called out, but it was no use. He pulled his arm away from me, and like Elizabeth, he made his way to the guy.

The boy was already trying to get Elizabeth off Celeste, but that ended up in Elizabeth fighting both of them. "Fuck off!" She yelled, and went back to sitting of Celeste and throwing punches left and right. From where I stood, I could see little dots of blood.

Then I realized...

I don't know Elizabeth.

I've heard of her. I've heard Aaron talk about her, and how she smiled, and how she made them laugh. Now, seeing her go wild, dragged by rage, I knew nothing. That was who she was. I guess I was hoping that there was still some part of that happy, hopeful, loving girl she used to be.

But I was wrong. Victor Russo had tainted her, and the woman she called a mother before him.

Seeing her yell and punch the life out of someone, I wanted nothing more than to place my arms around her and make her stop. I wanted her to feel relieved of whatever hatred or knowledge she had on her shoulders. But I couldn't. She was uncontrollable.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard her yell again.

"Hey!"

Celeste was laying on the ground, nose broken and cheeks bruised. She was crying. I ran up to check on her, to make sure she could at least function. She was breathing normally, and she could walk. I left her to see what caught Elizabeth's attention.

Evan was already fighting with the junior, and Elizabeth was trying to join.

"Stay out of it!" She shouted, now trying to fight both of them, "You think I can't handle him?!"

"This motherfucker pissed me off- he's mine!" Evan shouted.

I felt my stomach and chest sink.

Was I really that stupid? Did I really think that I could help Evan change? Your a stupid orphan girl! What was I thinking? You can't do anything right! I believed he could change. Was I wrong? I wanted to help him. Your good for nothing. I wanted to see him differently. I wanted others to see him differently.

"Evan!"

I want to help.

"Elizabeth!"

I want to help them fight their own battles.

"Please-"

I want to see them happy. Better.

"Please stop!"

Hot tears rushed down my cheeks. The junior was already standing back, his nose bleeding and a couple bruises and cuts around his face and legs.

It went silent for a while, except for my hiccups and both of their heavy breathing.

"I could have handled him." I heard Elizabeth say, monotone. She then came to me and stood. She hesitated to touch me, and scared, I think, of herself and what she might do to me. "I'm sorry, Tori." Her voice was gentle, and calm, like she hadn't been screaming. "She deserved it. And he just got in the way."

"No..."

I heard another pair of footsteps. Evan.

"Sorry, Tori." I heard him say, and then heard him walk away.

I wanted to forgive them. I wanted Evan to stay, and tell him that he wasn't in the wrong. Change isn't an instant switch. It takes time.

But I couldn't say anything. I couldn't find the words.

...

Elizabeth and I hugged until I had started to breath normally. We left the school parking lot by then, and we didn't look back. I don't know what will happen to Celeste after this. And I hope Natalie never finds out. It wouldn't do her any good.

And it certainly won't help her image.

Me and Elizabeth were sitting on the sidewalk by some houses, when an old red camaro pulled up. It was Aaron.

"Jesus!" He gasped, "You weren't home when I got there. I was looking everywhere. Why didn't you answer the phone?" He scolded.

"It died halfway through my last period," I said, and tried to hide my eyes.

"Elizabeth?" He called, and I felt her flinch beside me. "Are you okay? You look tense. What happened to your hands?"

I doubt Aaron could hear the little gasp she made, but I did. Oh no! Shit shit shit shit shit!

"Oh, I fell. My hands got bruised up."

I could see Aaron trying to figure out if she was lying or not, and eventually he gave up.

"Well, get in. Charles is coming home early."

We both got up quickly and hopped in.

The ride was tense, filled a thick fog of uncertainty. I nudged Elizabeth, and whispered to her, "Are you ever going to tell him?"

"..."

"It's been a while. He deserves to know."

"I plan to tell him," She responded, "soon."

Please Vote

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

972K 22.1K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
1.1M 58.3K 37
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
42.8K 961 51
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
90.5K 2.2K 39
Isabella Ekaterina is the only daughter of the two most powerful mafia families in the world: the Di Luca Italian mafia and the Vasiliev Russian mafi...