Chaos Begins |One More High S...

By Kathy_Marwin

๐—” ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ-๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ต๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๏ฟฝ... More

โ–ท 1. CHOOSE CAREFULLY
โ–ท 2. THE CLASS BEING TALKED ABOUT
โ–ท 3. SECRETS ''KEEPER''
โ–ท 4. A NEW MEMBER OF THE DENEL'S
โ–ท 5. A SMALL REVERSAL
โ–ท 6. HOOLIGANS IN CAMP - PART 1
โ–ท 7. HOOLIGANS IN CAMP - PART 2
โ–ท 8. MEMORIES
ใƒปใƒปAppendixใƒปใƒป
ใƒปใƒปAwards + Thank you!ใƒปใƒป

ใƒปใƒปBefore readingใƒปใƒป

581 93 63
By Kathy_Marwin

Created by:

Kathy and Korina Marwin

Written and illustrated by:

Kathy Marwin

*★*――――*★**★*――――*★*

ONE MORE HIGH SCHOOL COMEDY: CHAOS BEGINS

Book 1 of the humor series that'll make you either hate or love this genre - there is no in-between. Before you start, as the author, I am here to warn you that it only gets weirder. Good luck, and remember to stay sane as much as possible.      :)                     

- Kathy Marwin

*★*――――*★**★*――――*★*

BOOK 1

of the book series

ONE MORE HIGH SCHOOL COMEDY

which belongs to a collection called

THE COMEDY UNIVERSE

created and owned by

MARWIN SISTERS

PLEASE read all the DISCLAIMERS before starting the book. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER 1: About my writing style

My writing style is simplistic and has elements of both novel and script writing, but the book is written in a novel form. In short, that promises you a lot of dialogue, character interactions, and maybe a slightly faster pace. 

The reason I've chosen this is because I found it fitting for my novel. It makes the reading experience much easier, and I'm all for simplicity that works.

If you prefer books with more complex styles, that is completely understandable to me. I'd just like you to respect my decision. I write this way because I want to and because it feels right for the story I want to tell.  :)

My books are written to feel like animated TV shows. (And yes, the characters' thoughts, written in italics, would be heard if this was a TV series.)

DISCLAIMER 2: About the length of the chapters

You might wonder, if this is a novel, how does it only have 8 chapters? Well, the chapters here are all around 4k or 5k words long. 

This is, again, done because they are meant to feel like 15-20 minute TV show episodes, so when you read one chapter, you don't feel incomplete or like you've been left on a cliffhanger (the only exception is Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 since they imitate a two-part episode). I've chosen this length simply because I'm a big fan of animated TV shows.

DISCLAIMER 3: Other information

☆ For those wondering, yes - this book is weird and oddly specific. It has no restraints, and that's how I wanted it to be. I warned you in my little intro thingy, but this is just a reminder so you don't dive into something that isn't for you.   :D

☆ It is also illustrated as mentioned above.

☆ The cover for this book takes inspiration from manga and comic book covers. Other than that, the reason I draw covers myself is that I personally like hand-drawn covers.

☆ Despite having a cast with most mains being LGBTQ, this book isn't "woke"or "political". Characters being queer is their orientation. I'm not here to tell you how to live or think; I'm here to write fiction and make it weird and fun. 

However, the orientations are very much mentioned and relevant to certain plot points (teenagers/adults have crushes or dates), so if that isn't your cup of tea, drop this book and find one that suits your taste. Read what you like, fellas. There are so many great books on Wattpad to choose from. :)

TO SUMMARIZE: 

In it you WILL find:

✔ oddly specific and strange characters, also absurdity

✔ friendship, family, self-reflection, and coming-of-age themes

✔ mental health themes

✔ a big main cast with most main characters being LGBTQ

✔ a writing style with both novel writing and script writing elements, but written in a novel form

✔ lots of dialogue

✔ non-excessive descriptions, but rather smaller ones sprinkled from scene to scene

character-driven everything (it is exactly what it sounds like)

In it you WON'T find:

✘ detailed surrounding descriptions and over-the-top vocabulary (unless it's an uptight character speaking)

✘ realism and actual normal behavior :D (okay, fine, there is some normal behavior)

✘ filler content that does not matter for the characters or the plot

✘ bad boys, good girls who fall for bad boys, or any tropes similar to these, I don't do popular clichés

✘ plot-driven story

⚠️THE WARNING ⚠️

As much as this story is lighthearted, it touches on themes such as mental illness, abuse, and a brief mention of suicidal thoughts. If you are not comfortable with this despite it not being graphic, I suggest not reading the novel.

This book is rated 13+ for the reasons above as well as a few sexual references. After all, the story is about teenagers and a few adults, but the things mentioned here aren't particularly explicit.

The cover in better quality :)

A message for judges, ambassadors, and anyone else forced to read this (I'm so sorry)

Hi, hello, Kathy here! You may be wondering why I bombarded you with all these disclaimers. Well, it turns out disclaimers showed me that people, after reading them, understood my book better. This also applies to those who didn't personally enjoy the characters and/or plot. I hope this will give you some perspective on what I try to achieve with my writing. 

Have a lovely day.    :)

A message for readers

Hi, Kathy here! Thanks for choosing to read my story! I hope you enjoy it, fellas! Please vote on the chapters and comment if you end up liking them. No need for lots of comments, but if inspiration hits you, go on! I love rambling, and I respond to as many as I can. Thank you in advance for deciding to read this story. 

Have a lovely day, and stay wacky.   :D

*★*――――*★**★*――――*★*

FOR THOSE INTERESTED TO KNOW MORE:

What is The Comedy Universe?

It is a "universe" created for a collection of many stories happening in it. Imagine a world just like ours, but slightly more exaggerated when it comes to people and their personalities. 

The countries won't be mentioned, nor the cities (in most cases), since all the places in this book are fictional. However, you might find references I included for fun (references to sayings, trends, memes, etc.).

The Comedy Universe is not something a casual reader needs to know about, but if you are reading more stories from this collection, this will explain how all these books share the same world but are happening in different places and coexist independently, unless they are from the same book series (ex. book 1, book 2, book 3, extra stories, etc.). An example is the One More High School Comedy book series from which you are reading Book 1 right now.

*★*――――*★**★*――――*★*

ENJOY FELLAS!      :D

Copyright © 2022 Kathy Marwin

All rights reserved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 764 7
"Why are you here, sitting next to me? I thought I said you should never talk to me," I snapped at Nicolas. "Should I answer that or should I not tal...
36.6K 1.8K 42
[Book 1 of the Mia Series] This story is about Mia and the struggles she deals with throughout her senior year in high school. Unfortunately, she has...
7.6K 670 39
They are the group no one dares to mess with, with a school that stands behind them. She is the girl who opposes them, and the girl who might just lo...
658 27 14
There once was a crazy idea... To group together six ordinary kids... To see if they could be something extraordinary... (I have recently changed som...