May I? (on hold)

By stories_by_madhu

Fictional Story based on Ashwin and Sivaangi from CWC2. More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Let's chat
Part 21
Part 22
Part 24
New!!!
Social Media Handles
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
It's feedback time!!!
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
New story alert!!!
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Writers Collab!!!
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38

Part 23

3K 364 216
By stories_by_madhu

*Super long chapter ahead*

Ashwin was getting dressed up in his custom-made Yellow kurta and white pyjamas that fit him just perfect and made him look sexier . He was so happy with the fit and was completely convinced that Sivaangi would be weak on her knees seeing him in this outfit.

The thought of her shy blush when looking at him filled his face with a wide grin.

On the other hand, Rakshan was seated on the bed, deeply contemplating if he should break his promise to his sister and help his friend handle the situation better. After all he would be doing both of them a favor.

He was well aware of the fact that his sister was upset with Ashwin for good reason but there was also a play of fate in the matter. It wasn't all his friend's fault.

A great idea sparked. The perfect one in which he did not have to break the promise he made but also knock some sense into his best friend who was certainly oblivious to the damage he had caused.

Rakshan: Mapla un phone kaalailendu switched off. Na bayandhu poi dan vanden. Enna da aachu?

(Has your phone been switched off the entire day? I tried to call you)

Ashwin's face that was glowing until that instant was now just filled with distress. A wave of guilt hit him in a momentum that was too hard to handle. He could feel his heart race.

Ashwin: Dei vandha odana solla maatiya?

(Why did you not tell me this when you came?)

He cursed himself and his best friend before he ran into the living room to fetch his long forgotten mobile and plugged it into the charger.

Rakshan MV: Panra thapellam nee pantu... enna vera thittu. Ivanellam.

(Why is this guy scolding me for his mistake?)

Rakshan: Dei enaku enna da theriyum? Seri en ipdi padharra?

(How do I know? Why are you freaking out?)

Ashwin: Sivaangi da...

Rakshan: Avaluku enna?

(What about her?)

Ashwin: Aayiram thadava sonna. Call pannu reach pantu nu. Ipdi sodhapitene...

(She wanted me to call as soon as I reached. I just ruined it all)

He was close to a breakdown. There wasn't much he could do. The damage was done.

He could only imagine the kind of day she would have had after a whole day of him not responding and his phone being not reachable.

Two minutes later, his phone finally switched on. There were 100s of calls from her and 100s of messages checking on him.

He read the very last one from this morning, "Enna ipdi azha vekardhula ungalku apdi enna sandhosham?"

He also saw that there was a call from her 15 minutes ago.

He could not possibly feel more guilty or ashamed of his callous behavior.

This was all on him. He should have called from the stranger's mobile when he had the chance. She had offered but his stupid mind told him that his home was only 10 minutes away. Why not just wait to reach home and call from his mobile?

Rakshan: Apo morning lendu avaluku nee call eh panala?

(So have you not called her since this morning?)

Ashwin: Illa da. Rombha tired ah irunden. Amma va paathadum avanga madila thoongiten. Paavam da. 100s of calls, 100s of messages. Cha. Ivlo kevalama pantene da. Hurt pantene...

(No. I was tired. I slept off on my mom's lap. I totally wrecked her.)

His voice was breaking as the overwhelming guilt was chocking him.

Rakshan had never seen him this vulnerable after the finale of CWC. That was the last time he witnessed this strong man crumble into the arms of a woman who became his mother for that instant.

He could not watch this any longer and went to hug him tight.

Rakshan: Mapla Sivaangi purinjupa. Nee venum nu panla la.

(She will understand that it was not intentional)

Ashwin: Ava evlo dan da purinjupa? Poruthupa? Avalukum manasu iruku. Evlo padhari poi irunda ivlo call panirpa.

(Why should she? For how long? She is a human afterall. Just think of how distressed she should have been to call me these many times)

Rakshan: Ippo polambi onum aagadhu. Inime ipdi nadaakama paathuko. First avaluku ippo message atleast pannu.

(There is no point in whining. Just make sure you dont repeat this. Just text her now)

Ashwin: Ippo matum I slept off nu message panen, life la enna mannikave maata.

(If I text her that I slept off, she would never forgive me)

Rakshan: Adhuvum correct dan. Enna dan panna pora? Epdiyum Sangeeth la meet pananum la?

(That is right. What do you plan to do? You have to meet her at the Sangeeth.)

Ashwin: Nee vera en da ipdi bayatha kelapra? Yosikka vidu.

(Give me time to think.)

***

"White suits you. Semmaya iruku Sivu", Ani initiated, few minutes into the drive.

Sivaangi was too disturbed to comprehend the effort Ani was putting into making her feel special. It was nothing out of the ordinary. Whenever he was with her, all his attention was always on her. The difference was that usually it was mutual. Sivaangi often forgot that anyone else existed when she was with him. However, today she was visibly anxious and stressed which was certainly concerning.

Ani: Sivu..

He reiterated to get her attention.

Sivaangi: Ani...

She stopped looking and her mobile and focused on him.

Ani: All ok?

The look on her face deeply bothered him.

Sivaangi: Yaa.. Just a little nervous. CWC ku apram this is the very first time the whole family is going to meet. Excited but nervous

(Yaa. This is the first time I am meeting everyone from CWC at one place. Just nervous)

Ani: Elarum un close people dhaaney. Don't worry. Just have fun.

(All of them are close friends right? Dont worry. Just have fun)

Sivaangi: I will. But I will miss you.

Ani: I will miss you more. One-week feels like eternity. I am so dependent on you.

Sivaangi: Nijamma. Can you even believe in the last one year we have not gone without seeing each other for more than 2 days in a row?

Ani: Sivu.. Ipdilam pesadha. I am already a mess.

(Please dont remind me all that. I am already a mess)

Sivaangi: Naaney ipdi idea kuduthu sodhapiten. Valentine's day song ku kandippa video venuma?

(It was all me. I gave you the idea to make a video for the Valentine's Day song. Do you really need it?)

Ani: Sivu. Nee solli dan Vicky ta keten. Now he is already scheduling with actors. I can't pull the plug. I will be there for the marriage function.

(I asked Vicky because you suggested. I cant pull out now. Dont worry I will be there for the marriage) 

Sivu: You better keep texting and calling.

Ani: You know I will.

He held her hands that were on the gear. She was already sulking.

Ani was her person. Just the thought of not meeting him for a whole week made her feel uneasy.

With a million questions spiraling in his head, there was one that screamed the loudest.

What is the bond that they share?

With anyone else, this would have simple. Howbeit when it comes to her, this was the most complex and complicated one to answer. He never envisioned that she would become such an integral part of him and his life on their most unexpected first meet which still felt like a miracle.

***

Sivaangi walked in with Siva Anna into Ani's home studio for Don's composing session. She was shattered and it was very evident as the beautiful, innocent and soulful smile of hers was lost.

Siva Anna: Ani idhu Sivaangi. En sondha thangachi madri. Unaku already theriyum nu nenaikren.

(Ani this is Sivaangi. She is like my own sister. I think you know her already)

Ani: Theriyum Siva. Naa Super Singer pona apo nerla kooda paathu pesirken. Hi Sivaangi.

(Yes. I have met with her in Super Singer)

Sivaangi: Hi Sir

Ani: Sir lam venam. Ani ne koopdunga. Avlo vayasaagala enaku.

(Please call me Ani. I am not that old)

Siva Anna: Anna nu koopadla nu sandhosha padu da.

(Be happy that she hasnt called you brother)

Sivaangi: Na Sir ne kooptukren. Enaku adhu comfortable ah irukum. If you don't mind.

(I will stick with Sir. That's more comfortable)

Ani: Neenga apdiye kooptukonga. Please come inside.

(Whichever is comfortable. Please come in)

Siva Anna: Kutty Ma... Ne ulla poi ukkaru. Ani vella director wait panraaram. Edo pesanum nu sonaru. Nee kooda va.

(Ani our director is here to discuss something. Sivaangi we will join you in a minute)

Sivaangi walked in and settled into a couch that was set up inside while Ani walked outside with Siva.

Ani: Enna Siva? Cibi enga?

(Where is Cibi?)

Siva Anna: Avar varla. Unkita pesanum.

(He is not coming. I just need to talk to you)

Ani: Sollu enna aachu.

(Whats wrong?)

Siva Anna: Sivaangi enaku rombha special.

(Sivaangi is very special to me)

Ani: Theriyume. Aduku enna?

(I know that)

Siva Anna: Edo nadandhurku. Enna nu therla. Ava sollavum ready ah illa. Avala epdiyaachu normal aakanum. Avaluku music na uyir. Adhunaala dan inga kootitu vanden.

(Something has happnened. She isnt ready to talk but somehow we need to bring her back to her normal self. She loves music. Thats why I brought her here.)

Ani: Enaku avanga vandhadhula endha problem um illa.

(I dont have any issues with her being here at all)

Siva Anna: Thanks Ani.

Ani: Thanks lam solra alavuku na vera aal aitena Siva? Avanga seekram ok aiduvaanga.

(Am I third person to thank? She will be ok soon)

Siva Anna: Aaganum Ani. Ava robha talented. Kozhandha manasu. Avala ipdi paaka mudila ennala. Rombha kashtama iruku.

(She has to. She is so talented and innocent. I cannot bear to see her like this. It pains)

A tone tear rolled down his cheeks which startled Ani. Siva never cries. Even in the hardest of times but today he did. Having known Siva since the very start of his career, Ani knew that Siva wouldn't cry just for anyone.

Ani: Siva... She will be ok. Namma paakadha prechanaya? Elam seri aagum. Music heals Siva. She will be fine.

(She will be ok. Havent we all faced problems? It will get better.)

Siva hugged him tight before wiping off his tears and sporting a smile just for his sister.

They walked back into the studio and to their pleasant surprise Sivaangi was humming their latest song that Siva had played  to her that morning.

Her voice was divine, and the song sounded so much better in her voice than the original they had recorded.

Siva held Ani's hand and gestured him to wait until she finished.

In a couple of minutes, she finished, and Siva walked quickly to hug her.

Siva Anna: Kutty Ma.... Super Da. Semmaya padna.

(You sang so well)

Sivaangi: Anna idulam over. I was just humming.

(I was just humming)

Ani: Nijama I am thinking if I should re-record with you. Avlo semmaya irundhuchu. Your voice just worked magic on the melody. Shall we try?

(Its true. I am seriously thinking that I should record it with you.)

Sivaangi: Ippo va?

(Now?)

Ani: Aama Neenga ready na... Na ready.

(If you are ready, I am too)

The next few hours were so blissful as her blissful voice filled the studio. It was a soulful love melody which she knocked out of the park.

That was first real meet and definitely one to remember for the both of them.

***

And three years later here they were. On good days and bad, success and failures, sickness and health, and through all of their mood swings, they chose to stick together and be there for each other.

They had chosen not to put themselves into labelled box. He needed her and she needed him. It was simple as that. 

But they had completely missed to think of what would happen to them and their bond when either of them got into a relationship and until now it did not seem like a relevant question.

The rest of the drive was mostly uneventful and quiet as both were drowned into their own thoughts.

***

Ashwin was still trying to muster up the courage to call her.

He had to be just honest. That's the best way out of this complete mess of a situation he had gotten into, all by himself.

Ani pulled into the parking lot and decided to wait in the car while Sivaangi checked in with Ashwin.

After a lot of thought and monologue deliveries in her mind for all the different scenarios, she got into the elevator and punched in 7th floor.

She stood in front of his apartment for a good five minutes fighting all her apprehensions and inhibitions before she convinced herself to ring the bell.

Chitra Ma berated Ashwin for not attending the door even after a couple of rings as she walked from the kitchen to open it.

Sivaangi was tense and her heart was palpitating more with each second that passed.

The moment the door opened she literally jerked before coming back to her senses.

There was an older woman standing at the door.

Sivaangi felt a strange familiarity but could not place exactly why. She was too pre-occupied to connect the dots. However, Chitra Ma was quick to recognize the girl she had always wanted to meet.

A welcoming smile certainly made Sivaangi feel relaxed and less jumpy.

Chitra Ma: Ulla va ma. Ashwin ulla dan irukan.

(Please come in. Ashwin is here)

It finally dawned upon her that it was his mom. How did she not recognize the similarity between them? She mentally slapped herself for being so thoughtless.

With a warm smile she walked into his new home for the very first time. Though she had heard a lot about the penthouse overlooking the sea in OMR from her brothers and friends, the feeling on her in his home welcomed by his mother was making her feel all kinds of jitters.

"Kadavul Setting nu sonen la", her heart reassured.

Her mind had no repartee to this. Not at this time at least.

Chitra Ma: Ulla irukan. Nee poi paaru. Na coffee kondu varen.

(He is inside. Go and see him. I will get you coffee)

She pointed towards his bedroom.

She did not know why exactly but just the thought of entering his bedroom made her shiver. She was gasping for breath and tried really hard to put on calm and collected face as she walked towards the door that was closed.

She knocked on the door very gently.

Ashwin: Ma Please. 5 minutes.

She knocked back and heard his footsteps approaching. Within a split second, they were standing right across each other.

Eyes locked. They stood there frozen. Time stood still as they conveyed all the built-up emotions with their glistened eyes.

Sivaangi was the first one to get back into reality when she heard his mom call for her.

Sivaangi: Amma koopadranga. Na living room la iruken.

(Your mom is calling me. I will wait in the living room)

Ashwin just nodded a yes as he was at a loss for words to express what he felt at that moment.

She was here. In his home. She was here.

He turned back to look at his best friend who was still thinking of a plan to help him convince her.

Rakshan: Enna da sela madri nikra? Yaaru?

(Why are you standing like a statue? Who was it?)

Ashwin: Inga iruka da.

(She is here)

Rakshan: Loose aitiya? Olaraama ozhunga sollu.

(What is wrong with you? Cant you make full sentences?)

Ashwin: Sivaangi. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

I know this was a long one to read. Trust me it took me a very long time to write too. Hope I did some justice to the situation. 

Next update will be for Miracle in the making.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 634 18
It's a collection of short stories which will be belonging to Ashaangi💜 *Completely a FanFiction! Come on, Let's gear up!
296K 28K 68
Sivaangi and Ashwin got married as per the compulsion of their parents. But the poor souls started to develop feelings for eachother which was not ye...
338K 21.9K 105
it is an fiction story ..my imagination.. iam an ashangian ..it about sivaangi and ashwin and some of CWC character are added it is full imaginatio...
141K 12.7K 68
#Ashaangi#Ashwin#Sivaangi#Fanfiction It's an ashaangi fan fiction story...I hope you would enjoy this story. I've mixed both Tamil and English to mak...