Bruises

By Thea_Caylen

Book 1 - The Bruised Boxer Series Oreo addicted freshman, Maddison Maurice hated her job at the college gym... More

1| The Devil Himself
3| Unexpected Move
4| Hot
5| Lucky Girl
6| She's With Me
7| Cash Magnet
8| Intent
9| Hypnotised
10| Emotions
11| Shoes
12| Real You
13| Rapunzel
14| Naughty Boy
15| The Tiger & The Chicken
16| Cookie Girl
17| Friends
18| Hooked
19| Dirty
20| Avoid Prince Charming
21| Shipwrecked
22| Apollo
23| Cliffhanger
24| Lose you
25| False Alarm
26| What Do You Want?
27| The Day Of Miracles
28| Speeding Train
29| Confession
30| Limelight
31| Donor
32| Break Me
33| Gaping Hole
34| Follow Your Heart
35| No More Games
|More By The Author|
Sneak Peek
Book 2
TBB Playlist

2| Bag Of Disaster

17.6K 429 134
By Thea_Caylen

Thanks for putting faith in my cheesy writing, if you like the story, don't forget to vote, comment and add to your reading list. Once again, thanks for taking a chance on my cringe worthy work

•••

Chapter 2: Bag Of Disaster

There Ashton sat, his leg resting on the thigh of the doctor who tightly wrapped compression wraps around his ankle.

"Is he going to be okay?" Jessica chimed with concern.

The doctor ignored her, handing Ashton a pack of Advil. "This should relieve the pain, it's just a simple sprain but I'd suggest you rest a lot and avoid putting a lot of weight on the leg."

"Thanks for the help doc," Alex said.

"I just got off a call with Ashton's dad," Justin said, "he'll be here any minute now."

"Cr*p," Ashton mumbled, leaning his head against the wall.

"The manager will also be here," Justin casually added.

The manager was coming?! Jessica and I both stared at eachother in panic. This had happened under our watch, we were both so screwed.

Screwer than a screwdriver.

Bam! In came our visibly worried manager, Mr Pipeson rushed into the gym in distress. "What happened here?"

"Apparently, there's a reason no one comes here," Alex said, glaring at the stationary bike.

You know, the one I was meant to check out... Big oops.

The manager turned to both of us, "girls... Explain!"

Once again, the entrance burst open and in walked a towering man, his dark suit hanging on his muscular build. The world renowned boxer was a spitting image of his son, just older and with more facial hairs.

"Son, are you okay, I came as soon as I got the call from Justin," Mr Malik said. "Can someone explain what the heck happened to my son."

Usually, I'd be glad that a figure like Jaxon Malik was in our fricking gym but now was not the time, his voice seemed to vibrate with so much anger and hostility, he could literally strangle someone right now.

"Dad, it's no big deal... It's barely a bruise," Ashton said but immediately contradicted himself with a wince when he tried to move the ankle.

"A bruise? You can barely walk, you had a big match this saturday."

"The bike was faulty, pedal broke off and I sprained an ankle, big deal, I can definitely make it for my match saturday," Ashton said like it was nothing.

"Ashton, I wouldn't advise you to fight in your condition," the doctor chimed.

"Wait a minute, did you say the bike was faulty?" Mr Pipeson turned to Jessica. "Ms Leanard, didn't I ask you to always ensure the equipment's were safe before every use?"

Jessica was beginning to sweat, the anxiousness in her voice as she spoke felt genuine. "It's Maddisons fault, she offered to do check up on the equipments," Jessica blurted.

Wait, I offered?

Everyones gaze turned to me, expecting a no doubt sensible explanation.

"Hi," I simply mumbled.

Okay, I panicked. What was I supposed to do? Tell them I didn't check the equipments because I'm such a lazy ass.

"That's it, this is ridiculous, I'm suing this entire school," Mr Malik fumed, dragging out his iPhone.

Were we getting lawyers involved? I couldn't go to jail, I'm too young to be there, I haven't even gotten to graduate or get married.

Too much melodrama? Okay.

"Mr Malik, please... It hasn't gotten to that," Mr Pipeson pleaded, he then looked over to me with a stern unforgiving gaze which would make anyone run for their money. "And as for you, you can count yourself fired," he yelled.

"F– fired?" I managed to mumble, my eyes wide with shock. Yes, I know I hated my job but working at the gym was the only place I seemed to hold an occupation for up to a month.

"Sir, I beg yo–"

"Enough!" He bellowed, "I don't want any excuses, don't come back tomorrow."

Tears battled it's way down my eyes but I quickly wiped it off, I was trying to be as strong as possible but losing my third job in two months isn't exactly good on my résumé.

"It's not her fault..."

My heart lightened as I looked up to see the person who was defending me... Ashton?

"It... Isn't my fault?"

Mr Malik and the manager both simultaneously turned to Ashton, brows raised with confusion.

"She tried to warn me... But we were total snubs to her," Ashton lied.

Wait, Ashton lied? For me?

"But, Ash, that neve–" Alex tried to oppose him but Ashton quickly interrupted, taking charge of the situation.

"It isn't her fault, at worst, she's just a bag of disaster."

Was that a defence or an insult?

"Soo... You're saying I shouldn't fire her?" Mr Pipeson asked.

Ashton nodded, looking over at his dad, "we don't need a lawyer, I'll be good as new in no time... I'm sure they're many more matches along the line."

"But son, this one was special... We'd anticipated this for months," Mr Malik complained.

"Don't worry about it," Ashton brushed his concern aside, "I'll be good in no time," he said.

"It'll take anywhere between five to eight weeks for that leg to completely heal," the doctor interrupted.

"Five to eight weeks?" Mr Malik exclaimed, "we don't have five to eight f*cking weeks... He's missing a lot of practice."

"Dad, it's okay," Ashton said with a little more stress.

Jaxon Malik finally sighed, taking a look at the manager, he towered over him, standing at about six feets. "Look, I'll make you a deal," he said to Mr Pipeson, "I won't file any charges and in return the girl keeps her job since that's what Ashton wants." He rolled his eyes.

"You don't want me to fire her?" Mr Pipeson asked again, like he hadn't heard what he'd said.

"You don't want to fire me?" I asked, equally confused. It was amazing to see the power a guy like Ashton held even in the midst of people far older than himself, he could make decisions alongside them.

My heart skipped a beat the moment I heard Mr Pipeson say, "fine... You can keep your job."

"Thank you soo much, sir," I beamed, almost pulling him into a hug.

"One more screw up and you're out of here, understand?"

I nodded charismatically, grateful for a second chance.

Jessica finally chimed in, "okay... Now that's settled, I was thinking I can volunteer to take care of Ashy..."

Ashy?... When did they get to nickname calling.

Ashton raised a fine dark brow, perplexed. "Who are you again?"

"Jessica... The girl you gave your phone number like an hour ago, remember?"

Ashton finally nodded, dismissing her with a wave. Ashton was truly someone who had every girl wrapped around his finger.

"Very well, I'll be back to check up on you," Mr Malik said to his son, "your mother was so worried... Don't come back to this gym again, they're clearly trying to kill you... I have to go now but I'll get someone to pick you boys up."

He casually strided across the room, exiting the gym where a black BMW awaited him.

•••

I had been determined to thank Ashton for his help but he's friend carried him out the gym before I could say anything.

I made my way back to my apartment complex, drained from all the energy by the end of the day.

"Hey, Maddie."

I turned to find Paul walking up the stairs. Paul was my neighbor in the complex, as well as a faculty friend, he was usually helped me out with my Bio 101, an all round a great guy.

"Oh hi, Paul," I greeted.

He grinned, displaying a set of white teeths. "How you doing, you missed Bio class today."

"Yeahhh... I was in a... Situation," I explained.

"Cool, just thought I'd hand you some notes and the assignments."

"Yeah, thanks a ton, Paul, you're a life saver."

He dug into his bag, retrieving his notebook which he passed to me.

He scrunched up his nose, taking a whiff of the air. "Do you smell that?"

Did I stink? I'd applied my perfume today but all that sweat and anxiety at the gym must have washed it off.

I finally drew in a deep breath and I caught the smell immediately. It was smoke.

"What kinda psycho is trying to burn down this place?" I commented.

"Umm... Maddie, I think it's coming from your apartment."

It was infact coming from my apartment. I rushed in there, making my way to the kitchen at the nick of time. The smoke was thick, the stove a burning red. It was so choking, I had to open up all the windows

I turned it off, eager to find my psychotic roommate who left the stove on.

I finally found her in the shower, the curtain only displaying the silhouette of her shape, she held a shampoo bottle, using it as some mic as she sang.

"AND WHEN YOU GET THE CHANCE... YOU ARE THE DANCING QUEEN..."

"Angie," I called but she was too distracted by her own singing.

"ANGIE!" I repeated much louder which startled her.

"Oh my god, Mad, you're back."

This was Angela Chika, my roommate and defacto best friend, the only weirdo who could bear living with a fellow weirdo like me.

She sniffed, taking in the burning stench of the apartment. "What's that smell?"

Hmm... I wonder... What is that smell?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 22K 24
{Complete} (((Disclaimer))) I wrote this book/completed it when I was 13/14, it does not exhibit my current writing ability and is very much unedited...
2.8M 100K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
859K 28.9K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
6.6M 129K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...