Just A Call

By usermarvel

When Peter Parker called her, asking for help, her whole life was turned upside down. Emerson's life had neve... More

/Aᴜᴛʜᴏʀ Nᴏᴛᴇ/
/Pʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ/
₁. Eᴍᴇʀsᴏɴ
₂. Tʜᴇ Aᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀs
₃. Bᴀᴄᴋ Tᴏ Tʜᴇ Mɪssɪᴏɴ
₅. Rᴀɴ Aᴡᴀʏ
₆. Mᴏʀᴛᴀʟs Lɪᴋᴇ Mᴇ
₇. Tʜᴇ Tʀᴜᴛʜ
₈. I Dɪᴅɴ·ᴛ I Cᴏᴜʟᴅɴ·ᴛ
₉. Sᴏᴜɴᴅ Lɪᴋᴇ A Pʟᴀɴ
₁₀. Bᴜɴɴʏ
₁₁. A Bᴜʀᴅᴇɴ
₁₂. Rᴇɢʀᴇᴛ Aɴᴅ Gᴜɪʟᴛ
₁₃. Fᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ Gᴇɴᴛʟᴇᴍᴀɴ
₁₄. Yᴏᴜ Hᴀᴠᴇ Nᴏ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ
₁₅. Yᴏᴜ Aʀᴇ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ
₁₆. Sʜᴇ Wᴏᴜʟᴅ Hᴀᴠᴇ Bᴇᴇɴ Rɪɢʜᴛ
₁₇. I·ᴍ Pʀᴏᴜᴅ Oғ Yᴏᴜ
₁₈. Yᴏᴜʀ Tᴜʀɴ
₁₉. Eᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ Fᴏʀ Hɪᴍ
₂₀. Wᴇ Wᴀɪᴛ
₂₁. Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Tᴏ Lᴏsᴇ
₂₂. A Hᴇʟʟ Oғ A Fɪɢʜᴛ
₂₃. Dᴏɴ·ᴛ Pʟᴀʏ
₂₄. Tʜᴇ Bᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ Aɴᴅ Tʜᴇ Bᴇᴀsᴛ
₂₅. Pᴀɪɴ Aɴᴅ Sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ
₂₆. Mᴇʀʀʏ Cʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs
₂₇. Yᴏᴜʀ Hᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss
₂₈. Nᴏ Sᴛʀᴀᴡʙᴇʀʀɪᴇs
₂₉. Fɪʀsᴛ Sᴜʙᴊᴇᴄᴛs
₃₀. Tʜᴇ Mᴏsᴛ Pᴜʀᴘʟᴇ Hɪᴄᴋᴇʏ
₃₁. Dᴜᴏ Mɪssɪᴏɴs
-
₃₂. Hᴀᴘᴘʏ Nᴇᴡ Yᴇᴀʀ

₄. Cʜɪʟᴅʜᴏᴏᴅ Bᴇsᴛ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ

2.6K 46 8
By usermarvel

"What do you mean by you're an upgrade version of me??" Wanda pressed her

"I mean that I also have powers."

"How??"

"I really want to tell you but you're still a stranger to me, I can't tell you that yet."

"Okay, I can understand that... If you're an upgrade version of me, what are your power then?"

"I don't use them often but I have telekinesis, energy manipulation, some form of neuroelectric interfacing that allows me to read minds, I can control fire and built force field, I can fly and heal people. And voilà !"

"That's...a lot," she replied a bit shock "other things I should know and that you're willing to share?"

"Hum, I have difficulties when I create force shields and... hum no, nothing."

"Why aren't you saying it?"

"It's a bit more complicated to explain and I don't want to get into this."

"And what if I don't ask any questions?"

"You'll have some but I won't answer, just to warn."

"Okay say it."

"I'm also a fully trained assassin and I can talk a lot of languages."

"What!?"

Emerson and Wanda quickly stood up from the bed to look at Natasha on the doorway.

"You weren't supposed to hear that Nat." explained Wanda

"But I did."

"Please don't say it to anyone." begged Emerson

"... at one condition."

"Whatever you want."

"What's your real relationship with Peter?"

Emerson was ready for everything but not for that. She didn't have time to think about it yet. She was hurt by his words but she has tried not to show it to everyone, only Tony knew.

"What are you talking about? He told you, I'm his childhood best friend." she replied

"Look I'm an international spy, okay? I know when someone's lying, you're really hard to crack but I know that right now you are lying. This is the deal: you answer or I'll tell everyone."

Wanda was looking at the discussion between the two with a face of surprise. For her, Emerson was Peter's childhood best friend. She couldn't understand why Peter would have lied.

"I'm his big sister..." she finally sighted

"WHAT?!"

"Shut it! Both of you," Emerson said closing the door that had stayed open after Nat entrance "and I know you must have a lot of questions, but I won't answer any. I have a mission to prepare and I need some rest." she said walking towards the table where Nat had put the file and opened it.

"We'll go." said Wanda, dragging Nat with her

"Good idea, see you tomorrow." she answered, focused on the file

At 6a.m, she was already up and dressed. She wore the same outfit as yesterday except that she had put on a tight tee-shirt so as not to be disturb during the mission. She was trying to find her way to the kitchen when she bumped into Loki.

"Watch out mortal." he said, pissed off

"Geez, sorry. But could you show me the kitchen please?"

He looked at her up and down and started walking back to where he came from. Emerson followed him.

"I think we started on the wrong foot, I'm Emerson." she said jogging to his side

"And you're not Peter's childhood best friend or whatever he said," he replied "and I don't befriend with mortals like you."

"Mortals like me?" she huffed

"The kitchen." Loki said before leaving her alone

"Asshole." she whispered

She didn't know what to do or if she was allowed to eat something, it was only 6:15 and she wasn't sure if anyone was awake. She lost herself in her thought while waiting for someone. She didn't wait long.

"Already up?" asked Tony while he entered the kitchen

"I guess so." she answered

"You don't eat?"

"I wasn't sure if I was allowed." she confessed

"Of course, you can, what do you want? Cereals, bread, eggs, juice, milks? We have everything."

"Hum I would like some orange juice, it helps me gain energy." she smiled to Tony

"Orange juice? I'll keep that in mind," he smiled back at her "so what's your story?"

"My story?"

"Yes, why would Peter lie about your fraternal bond?"

"I don't know..." she said before adding  "it's strange how I feel comfortable around you, I could tell you everything."

"Glad to hear it, but I can sense a but..."

"But not here and not now," she finally answered as the other entered the kitchen "good morning everyone, you slept well?"

She wasn't looking at Tony while the other answered but she could feel his gaze on her, she tried to ignore it but was somehow attracted back to him.

"Do you have a suit for the mission, Emerson?" he suddenly asked, cutting every discussion that was happening in the, now full, kitchen

"I was ready to go like that honestly." she answered

"No, no come with me in my lab. I must have another suit ready." he said as he got up and left the kitchen.

He waited for her at the door while she finished her drink and also got up to go to him.

"Show the way" she replied. She waited until she was out of earshot of the others before continuing "you wanted me to tell you my story, didn't you?"

"Yes, I have to admit that my curiosity is killing me. But I also think that it's safer if you have a suit" he took her to his laboratory while she start telling him her story. Horrible story, Tony thought, she didn't deserve any of this.

He opened a closet and pulled out a black suit. As she put it on, she admitted to him that she already had one, but wasn't ready to wear it again after everything that had happened with it. She stepped in front of Tony and spun around to show him how it fitted her. The jumpsuit had sleeves that came up to her wrists, but it was tight enough that it wouldn't be in the way during a mission. It was made of a material, which Tony had told her would protect her from fire and cold. She had two guns racks on each leg and finally a few pockets everywhere to slip knives or anything else.

She had been on missions before, dozens and dozens of times, but never against Hydra. She was starting to stress, but Tony was with her and without thinking he hugged her, calming her down and telling her that everything will be alright.

"Mr. Stark, the Quinjet and the Avengers are ready to take off in 5, they are waiting for you."JARVIS voice echoed.

Tony let go of her and the two of them walked towards the jet.

An hour later, the jet land in an icy forest, one mile away from the base. They all started to walk toward it but they quickly encountered agents willing to do anything to keep them out of the base.

"There are people inside, all on the second floor. It'll be easier for us." Tony said, flying around the base

"Okay, I want Nat and Wanda inside." Steve ordered

"We're in." said Wanda a few minutes later

"Oh, wait a second, there's another heat signature, in the basement. Maybe a prisoner. I need someone for them. There's a door on the side." Tony added

"I can go."

"I'll go, Peter, I'm the closest." Emerson cut him

That was a lie, she just didn't want him to go in. She ran to the door and opened it.

"I'm in, I'll let you know what happens."

She already knew where she was going, she remembered everything like it was yesterday. On the way down she had to fight off some agents, some of them recognized her and she felt like killing them, but she fought the feeling back and just knocked them out, well almost everyone (she killed the others, oupsi)

A/N: hey everyone, I'm happy about this chapter. I hope you like the fact that she's Peter big sister. But you know, more dramas are on its way. I'm still willing to hear feedback from you guys :) Hope you had a nice weekend
Oh and thank you for the 220 readers, love you all 3000 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 271 16
When Clint finds a young girl Hydra is killing his heart goes out for her. After convincing Fury to let her stay, she is sent to Avengers tower where...
58 2 20
(updated desc. because the story took different changes than I expected) Alice Barnes, escaping hydra with the help of her father, struggling to kee...
2.5K 55 15
Claire Carstairs did not know what she was getting into when she fell in love with Steve Rogers. When Hydra has her, things took a turn for the worst...
4.4K 77 24
With high school finally finished its time for a treat, but things don't go exactly according to plan. One night can change everything. This is gonna...