Dice [h.s.]

By tpwk_pleaseeee

"She was an angel craving chaos. He was a demon seeking peace." -Helen - Their love wasn't supposed to happe... More

warning/intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
Prologue I

48

1.1K 28 14
By tpwk_pleaseeee

TW: Torture

"Fresh out of fucks forever." -Lana Del Rey

-

Harry's POV

-

When I was a boy, my father was both my biggest superhero and my scariest bully. During the day, he'd treat me like his pride and joy. Then during the night, I was nothing but a punching bag.

When I became my fathers human punching bag, I went to a place. It was a place only I could go in my head to get away from the hurt I was feeling. I called it my dream land.

I haven't been to dream land in awhile. It stopped once I was able to defend myself. But being here right now, beaten and left for dead. I went to the only place I felt safe. My dream land.

But I didn't know if this was in my head, or I was dead.

6 hours prior

I watched Kennedy as she jumped for joy over her new sense of safety. She threw her hands up in the air and basked in the moment. I've never seen anyone so excited to join a job that implies murder.

I couldn't stop the small smile that had creeped onto my lips. She looked so free, I was jealous. I wish I could be that free. I constantly feel trapped in the same old thing with no way out. The last time I felt free was right before my parents died.

Her eyes caught mine, her smile illuminating my face. She widened her smile before blowing me a quick kiss. I pressed my hand to my pocket, signifying to myself that I had kept it.

She wrecks me

She quickly went back to celebrating, but was briefly interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing. I watched as everyone checked their phones until all eyes landed on me.

I pulled my phone from my pocket and narrowed my eyes at the number. It was unknown. Huh. Maybe it's important. I walked towards the front doors and answered the phone call.

I brought myself outside of the casino and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I questioned while listening to the radio silence coming from the other line.

Weird.

"Look to your right." A low voice answered through the phone then quickly hung up.

I reached for my gun in it's holster but felt constriction against my wrist. Out of curiosity, I glanced my head to the right. Standing beside me were three bulky men, larger than me. One of them was holding my wrist in place.

Shit.

"Hey fellas." I smirked before preparing to fight for my life.

In instinct, I slung my arm across my body and grabbed my gun from it's holster. Immediately the men drew theirs. I slammed the barrel against the man's wrist, forcing him to let go of my hand. Before I could move, the strong man took my shoulder and popped it out of its socket.

"Fuck!" I shouted from the pain while also trying to get everyone's attention from inside.

I don't know why, the walls are soundproof

"Give up yet?" One of the two men holding their guns questioned with a smirk.

"Not even close boys." I chuckled.

With only one arm for use, I took the gun and shot at the two men. I didn't have my usual aim since I was distracted by the revolting pain. I missed the man on the right to which he shot me straight in my thigh.

"Gah!" I shouted before feeling the blood begin to spill out from my thigh. That fucking hurt.

Dick

"You're not on your game today Styles. What is it? Is it little Monroe in there?" The man previously holding my wrist pointed to the casino.

"What the fuck do you want?" I shot my gun again but missed the man on the right. He started to laugh.

"You." He smirked.

I suddenly felt a hard smack to my gut, forcing me to fall back. I felt my head slam against the pavement, earning a struggling groan from my lips. Another hard smack to my gut and a kick to the groin had me shaking on the ground.

I looked down at my body to see a new baseball bit hitting my stomach repeatedly. I was at a loss, how was I supposed to get out of this? Three men, stronger than me who had guns and a fucking baseball bat. I was going to lose either way.

The only way to get out is to get in

I collapsed my body against the cold pavement and took the hard hits and kicks. No one was touching my head because I probably had an internal bleed from how hard I just hit it against the pavement.

"Are you giving up this easily Styles? Come on big boy, fight back!" One of the men yanked me up by my dislocated shoulder.

"Fuck!" I shouted at the pain, feeling every single part of my body throbbing. This fucking sucked.

"He's done boys, let's get him to the boss." One of the men stepped in front of the other two.

"Come on, we barely started." The man holding me up groaned.

"He wants him alive. Now knock him out." The main man handed one of the two men the bat.

And just like that, I was out like a light.

Two hours later

Thumping was all I could hear as I slowly regained consciousness. I felt the pain of my thigh spreading throughout my whole body, numbing it. All I could feel was pain, unbearable pain.

"He didn't put up much of a fight, just like you said." A familiar voice from early rang through my ears.

"That's what I thought. Thanks John, that's all for now." Another familiar and annoying voice took over from the previous one.

I cautiously opened my eyes but immediately closed them when light hit them. My head was killing me and I was extremely sensitive to light. Great, I have a fucking concussion.

"Wakey wakey Styles." The annoying voice finally put itself to a face. This was not at all who I thought this was.

"Robert. What a lovely surprise." I spoke weakly through my dry lips and throat. Robert laughed.

"I'm flattered you remember me. Open your eyes." His hand slapped against my face, forcing my eyes open.

I squinted at him in front of me in his stupid little suit and fancy dress shoes. Yes, I wear the same thing but at least I'm not fifty years old and balding. This guy makes me sick.

"You're not who I expected." I smirked slightly towards him and slouched my head out of exhaustion.

"And I thought you were stronger. Looks like we're both disappointed." Robert chuckled.

I gulped down any saliva I had left and suddenly felt a build up of liquid in my mouth. I spit out to the side of me and watched blood drop onto the cold concrete floors.

This looks exactly like where I found Kennedy

"That's not so good, is it?" Robert glanced at the blood on the floor and sighed. I then felt his presence behind me.

Before I could respond with something witty, Robert grabbed onto my hair and pulled my head back. I winced in pain as he lowered his head to my ear. I felt his hot and smelly breath against my neck.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Either way you're coming out alive. I don't need anymore of your family's deaths on my hands." Robert chuckled against my skin.

"Go to fucking hell." I mumbled back.

That fucking prick

"That's what I thought." Robert smiled before taking his fist and ramming it against my face, forcing my head to turn to the left.

I suddenly felt the pain of both my cheek bone and my dislocated shoulder. It burned against my skin as it was tied tightly against my back. This was the worst location for a dislocated shoulder to be.

"That's all you got, old man?" I tested.

Kennedy's dad isn't the only one who taught their children some tricks.

"No, but that's enough for now. Like I said, can't kill ya." Robert sat down in a chair directly in front of me.

"What the fuck do you want from me? There's no information I have that you can't get." I pinned my chin to my chest and tried to keep my eyes open.

"You can give me information about Monroe." Robert sat back in his chair and stared at me.

"Kennedy? Fucking Kennedy. Everything's about her innit? Why the fuck are you guys so obsessed with her? She's useless." I bit down on my tongue after saying that.

Lie, lie, lie

"You tell me, you're involved with her." Robert crossed his legs while lighting a cigar. I groaned.

"No I'm fucking not. She's pathetic. She doesn't use anything her father taught her. I mean, you saw how easily she was kidnapped." I gulped again, trying my best to lie convincingly.

I watched as Robert's expression changed from bored to intrigued. He was confused by my anger. Leonardo must have told him about Kennedy's little tell all about our sexual endeavours.

"Is that so?" Robert smirked.

"The only reason we want her on the team is to spite Leonardo, not her skills." I bit down on my lip.

She won't hear any of this, don't worry. It's not even true anyways

"So her killing that innocent man for you was just a coincidence?" Robert pressed his tongue to the inside of his left cheek.

"He was pointing a gun at her and she panicked." I continued to lie right through my teeth.

"That's not what Ryleigh said." Robert raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

Fucking Ryleigh.

"I can't speak for a dead woman." I hissed back.

"Just, tell me everything you know about her and we'll bypass your lying." Robert leaned forward on his knees.

"I'm not fucking lying. She's fucking stupid." That one hurt the most to say. We had a whole discussion about that word towards her.

I'm so fucking sorry Kennedy

Another hit to the face was my treat for lying straight to his face. He hit the opposite cheek, forcing my head to the right this time. This one didn't hurt as bad since the rest of my pain was already taking over my body.

"One wrong move Styles and I can have her and you killed. Wouldn't that be romantic?" Robert cracked his knuckles while sitting back down in his chair. I spit out more blood to the side.

"You talk a big talk but you can't actually do shit without your little boss's permission. Fucking pathetic. And to think he wanted to replace himself with Kennedy before you." I scoffed at him which earned a sharp pain to my bullet wound. I felt tears welt in my eyes as I looked down at my thigh. Robert jammed a knife into my wound.

"Shut the fuck up about my team." Robert pulled the knife out, causing a loud scream of agony to breach from my lips.

"I can't when it's true." I spoke through the pain, earning another stab to my thigh. Another pained scream later and the knife was out again.

"Your making it really fucking hard not to kill you." Robert clenched the handle of the knife white biting down on his knuckle.

"Then do it. It'll put me out of my misery." I smiled at Robert and felt the blood covering my teeth.

Robert got up from his seat and crouched down in front of me. His head was now eye level as he shook his head slowly. He pushed his face as close to mine as possible, our noses nearly touching. I got a nice view of his wrinkles and crusty eyes.

"Dying's too good for you boy." Robert whispered between us, giving me a full sniff of his death breath.

"Your right, your breath is good enough." I cringed and pushed my head back from him as far as possible.

"Shut up." Robert groaned before turning his back to me and walking around the chair.

"Seriously, what died in you?" I continued to poke.

"Shut up or else the next place this knife is going is against your neck." Robert threatened.

"I'm sorry I'm worried about your well being Rob. I don't want someone like you to die before your time." I smirked.

"Are you trying to die?" Robert quickly turned around and lunged towards me.

"Are you trying to kill me with your breath? Because it's working. I can already feel my windpipe closing." I began to chuckle at myself as I slowed down my breathing.

"You think your fucking funny?" Robert grabbed my cheeks with his hand and squished em'.

"What's your definition of funny?" I asked between my squeezed cheeks.

Robert threw a hard punch at my face but accidentally hit his hand as well. My face did get punched, but I was too focused on his idiotness to notice. Robert clenched his hand against his chest while yelping in pain.

"I hate to say it but, karma." I shrugged my one good shoulder as Rob exited the room with tears in his eyes.

Fucking pussy

"Come back later! I wanna finish our conversation!" I called out as the door shut behind him.

I smiled a genuine smile while thinking about Robert crying to his mommy about punching his own hand. I knew something like this was gonna happen. He's more of the interrogation type, not kidnap and torture. That's my specialty.

I finally allowed my eyes to close now that I was alone. It felt so nice to see darkness and not have a beating headache. I slowly calmed down and began to listen to the only thing I could. My heart beat.

I listened to my weirdly slow beat, grinning at the comforting noise. It was reminding me that I was alive, that I wasn't dead yet. I could tell that my shock and adrenaline was slowly leaving my body. I was gonna be gone in a few minutes, my injuries were bad.

I was bleeding from my mouth because of the punches. I was spitting up blood which means internal bleeding. I'm bleeding from my thigh from a G.S.W., and I'm bleeding from the back of my head. If I don't die soon, it's only a matter of time.

If this was a few months earlier, I would have been all for pulling the plug on my life. But now, I have a reason to live. I have the guys who are closer to me than ever. I've got Natalie who is more like a sister to me than ever. And I have Kennedy. I don't know what the hell we're doing, but it's okay. I don't want to know.

Kennedy is that one person in your life that is the best and worst influence on you. She showed me and everyone else what it's like to live a little. Until her, I would have never fathomed the idea of taking a day off from work. But I see how free she is and how she doesn't let her responsibilities get in her way. I wish I was that free.

She takes the bad and makes it good. She doesn't wallow in the past. And she doesn't let shitty things keep her from what she wants. And when she wants something, she gets it. I always thought that Ryleigh was the only girl who could put up with my shit. But, so far, Kennedys succeeding with it.

I don't want to die. Not yet. I'm not ready. I have plans now, most include murdering Leonardo and every single person on the Suckers team but it's plans. I want to live until I can't live anymore.

I want to visit Venice

I let the ideas of murdering Leonardo filter into my head. Yes, a morbid thing but it relaxed me. My pain slowly started to subside while I felt myself drifting off to sleep. I just hope this isn't the last time I get to see the light of day.

Three hour later

"Well who do we have here?" A slap to my cheek and I was woken up from my sleep.

Good, I'm alive. But I feel dead.

"Kennedy wasn't kidding. I do have you." The annoying voice of the person I hate most set my blood boiling.

I couldn't react though. My body felt weak and sick. I tried to open my eyes but I could only get them halfway. I felt hands on my hair and my face pulled up. I looked through the tiny slivers of light to see Leonardo's face examining me.

"You dead?" Leonardo questioned while allowing my head to collapse.

I wish I was dead

"Nope." I mumbled through my raw vocal cords. My throat was burning as I tried everything in my power to swallow my spit. It tasted like copper.

"Kennedy came running into my casino just a few minutes ago, making up some rumor that I had you. I said no but I had to make sure I wasn't wrong. And shit, I was wrong." Leonardo chuckled. I heard ruffling, then the wooden seat before me made noise.

Oh great, he's staying

"I need a hospital." I spit to the side, feeling the copper taste spill out of my mouth. I licked my teeth, still tasting my blood.

"I think you do too. But I got to talk to you a bit, Styles." Leonardo cleared his throat before making more movement on the chair.

I couldn't open my eyes to see what he was doing. They were so heavy.

"Kennedy told me what you did. You fucking binded her. Why?" Leonardo questioned with strain in his voice.

I gulped as much blood tasting saliva as I could.

"She's scared of you. She wanted safety." I cleared my throat but winced at the pain. I needed medical attention as soon as possible.

"I'd protect her with me. You shouldn't have done that Harry. You know better." Leonardo patted my good thigh.

"Ryleigh came up with the idea, not me. I never wanted her in this." I rolled my lips into my mouth and hissed at the movement of my cheeks.

"Of course she did. Well, you look terrible so I won't hurt you any further. I'm actually here to let you go. Robert really hurt himself. Fucking pathetic." Leonardo walked around me.

I started to feel my restraints get looser and looser until there were no more. Even with my freedom, I couldn't stand up. I wanted to and I was trying, but my body wouldn't let me. I'm too weak.

"Let's go big boy." Leonardo clapped his hands in front of me. I shook my head and rolled my head back.

"I can't." I coughed.

"What do you mean you can't? This enough is pissing me off, now I have to carry you out?" Leonardo huffed.

"I can't move. I want to, but I can't." I sighed.

"They really fucked you up." Leonardo's concern in his voice severely caught me off guard.

"Roberts minions... Not Robert. He's too pussy." I coughed again, this time feeling something come out while I did.

I licked my lips and tasted the disgusting copper taste. I had coughed up blood. I'm running out of time.

"I'll get those same minions to take you back." And just like that, I was alone again. Surprisingly, I missed Leonardo. He was the nicest to me, oddly.

I tried again to open my eyes but failed when my eyes slightly touched the light. My concussion had progressed, meaning it could turn into a brain bleed. Fuck.

I stayed there in the chair, awaiting the three stooges to come and bring me back to Alea. I knew someone would call an ambulance there, whether it be a guest or one of the guys.

I heard the door open and then felt hands on me. I felt my body be picked up and thrown over someone's shoulder. My legs were then picked up by another person for support.

"Don't kill him, I need him alive." Leonardo yelled from far behind me. I wanted to curse him out, but my lips wouldn't move.

I vicariously watched my body be carried by the two men from earlier, the ones with the guns. They brought me down their intricate hallways until throwing me in their back seat. I coughed briefly onto their leather seats before doubling over in pain.

I wrapped my one good arm around my abdomen as my hurt arm laid on my body lifelessly. I couldn't feel anything, the pain was too much. They had hurt my body to its full extent.

My mom would know how to help me. But she's not here.

I felt us start to move because my body jolted backwards, hitting my bad shoulder against the car seat. I screamed in pain because of how sore and injured it was. Even the slightest movement made me wince.

I felt tears pour from the corners of my eyes while I listened to the vehicle move. I sniffled a few times but inevitably lost the will to do that. I never cried. I thought it was the least manly thing in the world. But right now, that's all I could do.

The car ride was long, almost an hour. I didn't know how to react when it stopped and the doors opened. I wanted to jump for joy but all I could do was faintly grin.

I wasn't going to die

"I really wanted to kill you. Just like you killed my dad." One of the men groaned while slouching me over his shoulder.

My head quickly hit the ground but not nearly as hard as when I first got hit. I felt the same concrete below me. They were leaving me outside the casino? Brave. I felt a slight movement to my legs, then scattered footsteps.

"Good luck Styles. I don't think you're gonna make it but you never know." The other man patted my shoulder before walking away.

I listened to the sound of doors slamming and a car turning on. The tires hit against the pavement and the car drove away. I was left here for dead in front of my casino, wanting nothing more than to die.

My body wanted to die, not me. I wasn't letting it. But I was coming close to the point of just sleeping. And that's when I went straight to my dream land. I pictured Niall and I when we were in high school, smoking weed under the bleachers.

Or when me and Ryleigh first kissed in her bedroom with her door locked. She had braces and a crappy taste in fashion. She looked beautiful nonetheless. I grinned because of it.

And quickly, I forgot all about my current state. I focused on the happy things in my life. Like my mom kissing me goodnight or my dad watching cartoons with me. I focused on the good times.

One hour later

Police sirens were all I could hear as I was being shaken. They were distant, but coming towards me. I'm not dead, and someone found me. I felt hands on my chest which was enough to help my eyes open.

I opened them halfway and saw the comforting brunette curls of the girl who I have a small crush on. Tears were in her beautiful blue eyes as she shook me awake.

"Harry! Baby, please wake up." Kennedy begged as she pressed her ear to my chest. She and I both could hear my breathing.

"K-"

"Harry! Don't speak, it's okay. I'm here." Kennedy's face instantly relaxed when the small syllable left my mouth.

"Help is on the way, okay? You're not going anywhere." Kennedy whispered to me as she lowered her face towards me.

I lost the long fight of keeping my eyes open and allowed them to fall. I couldn't keep them open, not now that I knew she was here. I got one of the reasons to live, that's all I needed.

"H, please keep your eyes open. You have to keep your eyes open." Kennedy begged as I slowly opened my eyes to its full capacity.

H, I like it

"I can't." I breathed out as I felt a cough. I coughed violently to the side, feeling blood spill from my lungs.

That's not good.

"I'm so sorry Harry." Kennedy's hand began to stroke the side of my face while my eyes fluttered closed.

"Keep them open Harry, that's an order." Kennedy began to rub my bruised cheek gently.

I tried, but couldn't get my eyes open.

"Harry, please. Open your eyes." Kennedy begged.

I momentarily opened my eyes.

The police sirens were as close as they could get as they consumed my ears. I felt Kennedy's touch leave me and somehow I was able to grab onto her leather jacket. I knew she had it on, she always does.

"They're here H, they're gonna save you." Kennedy whispered beside my ear as she grabbed onto my hand.

As footsteps were heard beside my head, as if I was on a timer, my body completely gave out. I was pulled straight back into my dream land. But this time, I didn't think I was going to wake up. 

-

a/n: I'm sorry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 23.9K 87
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
703K 23.8K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...
392K 8.1K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
3.4M 65.6K 102
The city's best hitman and a precious little flower meet at Le papillon blue, New York's most notorious strip club. An angel on his shoulder that hes...