Midnight Arson (Platonic! Ran...

By Zymfoe

Ranboo is triggered into an enderwalk trance, leading to the death of his husband and the burning of his hous... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1: The Creature
Chapter 2: The Crime
Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 1)
Chapter 2: The Crime (Part 2)
Chapter 3: The Book
Chapter 3: The Book (Part 2)
Chapter 4: The Prison
Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 2)
Chapter 4: The Prison (Part 3)
Chapter 5: The Dreamons
Chapter 5: The Dreamons (Part 2)
Chapter 6: Wilbur
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 2)
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 3)
Chapter 7: The City of Gambling (Part 4)
Chapter 8: The Set-Up
Chapter 8: The Set-Up (Part 2)
Chapter 8: The Set-Up (Part 3)
Chapter 9: The Caves
Chapter 9: The Caves (Part 2)
Chapter 10: Limbo
Chapter 11: The Train Tracks
Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 2)
Ch 11: The Train Tracks (Part 3)
Chapter 12: The Meeting
Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 2)
Chapter 12: The Meeting (Part 3)
Chapter 13: The Egg
Chapter 13: The Egg (Part 2)
Chapter 13: The Egg (Part 3)
Chapter 14: The Monarch
Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 2)
Chapter 14: The Monarch (Part 3)
Chapter 15: The Journey Home
Chapter 15: The Journey Home (Part 2)
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 2)
Chapter 16: A Father's Wish (Part 3)
Chapter 17: The Warden
Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 2)
Chapter 17: The Warden (Part 3)
Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot
Chapter 18: The Bomb Plot (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Family
Chapter 19: The Family (Part 2)
Chapter 19: The Family (Part 3)
Chapter 20: The Blood God
Chapter 21: The Betrayal
Chapter 22: The Nukes
Chapter 22: The Nukes (Part 2)
Chapter 23: The Climax
Chapter 24: The Battle
Chapter 24: The Battle (Part 2)
Chapter 25: The Strange Man
Chapter 26: A New Hope
Chapter 27: The Hunt
Chapter 27: The Hunt (Part 2)
Chapter 28: Reconcile
Chapter 28: Reconcile (Part 2)
Chapter 29: The Exorcism
Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 2)
Chapter 29: The Exorcism (Part 3)
Chapter 30: Fundy
Chapter 30: Fundy (Part 2)
Chapter 31: The Truth
Chapter 31: The Truth (Part 2)
Chapter 32: The Reckoning
Chapter 32: The Reckoning (Part 2)
Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor
Chapter 33: The Guest of Honor (Part 2)
Chapter 34: Trust Me
Chapter 34: Trust Me (Part 2)
Chapter 35: The Finale
Chapter 35: The Finale (Part 2)
Chapter 36: The Aftermath
Chapter 36: The Aftermath (Part 2)

Chapter 26: A New Hope (Part 2)

18 3 10
By Zymfoe

(!) Trigger Warning: suicidal talk (!)

The last defenses around the goat hybrid's heart finally came tumbling down, revealing the hybrid's vulnerable state of misery. Tubbo's breath hitched with a broken sob, and it was all over. He launched himself into Ranboo's arms, clinging to his platonic partner like a lost child. Tears streamed down the poor hybrid's face as both sorrow and regret washed over him. "R- Ranboo! I- I didn't! I'm sorry!"

The enderman halfling shushed his beloved, running his hand up and down his husband's back. "I know. It's okay."

Tubbo let out a sniffle, and craned his neck up to look at Ranboo. "I'm so sorry, Ranboo! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" the goat hybrid cried. "I just- I was so depressed, I thought the only way out was- was death." Tubbo hid his face in Ranboo's jacket, ashamed.

"Hey, hey. Look at me, Tubbo."

The goat hybrid whined out a muffled "No...", but he did as he was told. Instead of meeting angry, judgmental eyes, Tubbo was met with the eyes of an angel- so sweet and caring. In a gentle tone of hushed reassurance, his husband said, "I promise you that death is not your only option. I have a plan to fix everything. You have to trust me, alright?"

Tubbo nodded his head, a small smile crossing his smile. "I trust you, Ranboo."

The enderman let out a sigh of content. "Good." Turning back toward the exit, the sentient said, "Go get Michael and take him outside. Call Fundy and Sapnap- tell them it's urgent, and it can't wait."

"But Ranboo-"

"They don't have to know what you did, but we do need their help. Trust me- just go." As the enderman turned back to face his husband, he suddenly grabbed his head and started to sway.

"Ranboo!"

Tubbo quickly steadied the creature as he blinked back into consciousness. "Ranboo, are you okay?!"

"Yeah, I'm fine," his soulmate shrugged, waving the other off. "Just hurry." Tubbo ran to cross the threshold of his bunker; he heard Ranboo shout out, "And don't forget your dreamon hunting uniform!".

The goat hybrid shook his head in content disbelief. Ranboo had always been a careful planner for as long as he could remember; Tubbo had faith that this time was no different. As he entered the main part of the house, he surrendered his fate to his platonic husband, and set out to complete his tasks.

The snow crunched under the heavy footsteps of humans and humanoids alike. The once-pristine landscape was now patterned with footprints, all leading to a lone, house on the frontier. The Beloveds stood out front, surrounded by friends and family. It was cold, dark, and tense, unanswered questions swirling in the minds of the guests. The Crow Father started first.

"Alright, mate," Philza said. "Why'd you drag us all out here? It's freezing!"

The Blood God stood beside him, arms crossed and lips pursed in displeasure. "What's going on, Ranboo?" Fundy and Sapnap shared equal stares of curiosity.

The enderman halfling glanced over at his son, who slept safely in Tubbo's arms, and sighed. "Thank you for coming, everyone- especially on such short notice. There's...no easy way to say this, but the server is in danger, and I need your help."

Fundy narrowed his eyes in contempt. "If this is about Snowchester expanding into Las Nevadas-"

"This isn't about The Cookie Shop." Ranboo replied. "It's about...uhm-"

Tubbo slid between the two hybrids, and said, "Someone is trying to destroy the server." He shot a panicked look over his shoulder at his husband, obviously at a loss for what to do, but continued: "I mean, totally and completely destroy it. Like, millions will die if we don't do something."

"Millions?!" Sapnap shrieked. "What happening?! Why?!"

Ranboo rubbed the back of his neck. "It's complicated, and...I can't really tell you-"

"Oh, yeah?" Techno pressed. "And why's that?"

"Because, I-"

Out of nowhere, the enderman's eyes flashed a sudden vibrant purple. He screwed them shut as he staggered back, collapsing against the front door.

"Ranboo!"

"RANBOO!!"

"Ranboo, are you okay?!"

The sentient shook his head, clearing away any residue of the dizzy spell. Tired eyes fluttered open to reveal their normal red-green heterochromia. "Yeah...Yeah, I'm fine."

Philza frowned. "Ranboo, you're obviously not fine. What's going on?"

The enderman averted his gaze for a moment, and finally came clean: "Someone recently took control of my enderwalk. I-I don't remember who," he lied, "but they told me to b- burn down my house. I- I can't control it. It's almost time."

His father in-law's demeanor softened upon hearing the confession. "Don't worry, mate. We'll help you out," Philza replied. "Just tell us what we've got to do."

"Okay...Okay..."

Ranboo looked to each member of the group in turn, trying to muster up the courage to speak. His plan had to work, and in order for that to happen, Ranboo needed their blind trust. Too many questions could form premature enemies, which could lead to all-out war. He prayed to the gods his small team would go with him just this once.

"Tubbo, Techno, and Sapnap- I need you three to go see Eret. Tell him not to take any visitors until I get there. Phil, I need you to watch Michael for a few days, and Fundy, I need you to stay with Phil. I'll be in the house until my enderwalk stops."

"Oh, no, no, no. No way am I staying here," Fundy challenged. "I mean, come on! This has to be a joke! There's no way you'd willingly burn your house down. That's insane!"

Ranboo bit back a sarcastic comment, forcing himself to stay calm. Anger would only make things worse; if it's proof the fox needed, then it's proof he'd get. "Fine," the enderman conceded. "Everyone, go to Phil's house. I'll stay here. If I burn this house down while still inside by midnight, then you'll know I'm telling the truth. Deal?"

The fox hybrid glared at his opponent, but ultimately gave him a short nod. "Alright, fine. Deal."

Another small bout of vertigo plagued the enderman, causing his eyes to flicker briefly once more. "It's...It's almost time," he grunted. "I should go."

One arm still holding Michael, Tubbo reached to grab his husband by the wrist. "Ranboo, wait!" The sentient turned to find his husband staring back at him with worry. "Be careful."

Ranboo smiled. "Of course."

Unsurprisingly, the creature ended up keeping his word. Two hours passed, and sure enough, the house was set ablaze. And, just as Ranboo said, he stumbled out onto the front lawn,...into his platonic soulmate's arms. With his family safe from harm's way, Ranboo was ready to take on the world. 

Ranboo has his team!! Yes!! :DDD Will they be able to save Eret from what is to come??

Vote to help our heroes win!!

And, as always, thank you for all the love and support!! Ily more than Ranboo platonically cares for Tubbo. <333

[Image Credits] "House Fire" (Cropped Slightly) by Peter Hill (https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterjhill/19913040646)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 734 12
Tommy gets mercilessly murdered by Dream. The memories of the hot, stuffy prison cell haunt him, aswell as the pain he experienced going through deat...
26.3K 765 56
[๐™–.] ๐™‡๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ž๐™™๐™ฎ๐™ก๐™ก; ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฎ, ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™–๐™˜๐™š๐™›๐™ช๐™ก, ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š๐™จ๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š ยซ_____________________________ยป |โ€ข๐™„๐™‰ ๏ฟฝ...
3.3K 135 14
A young blonde boy wakes up in the middle of the forest. He can't remember how he got there or much about himself either. His name is blank from his...