Joe's Homecoming

By donnambr

More

Joe's Homecoming

11 0 0
By donnambr

Dear Sarah

Joe arrived home last night after twelve years away. The family were gathered here together to mark his return. I'm sorry you couldn't be here but I know that flight costs are high for you and the children.

It was a remarkable reception. People I hadn't seen for years turned up. Mark you, Joe always was well liked! His stories too - all the old ones were recounted. So much laughter. Auntie Joyce was reduced to tears by the story about the kippers.

He's off for the final time on Saturday of course. Joe's last big journey. He'll take his adventurous spirit with him this time too, of that I'm sure.

The funeral's on the 25th if you still want to send flowers. I know you'll be thinking of him, as we all will.

Take care

Mum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fate By v xxxiri v

Short Story

18.8K 1.3K 11
"๐š†๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐š ๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข ๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š™ ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š–๐šŽ ?" ๐™ฐ ๐Ÿท๐Ÿป ๐šข๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š› ๐š˜๐š•๐š, ๐š…๐š’๐šœ๐š‘๐š—๐šž ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š”๐šŽ๐š ๐šŒ๐š›๐šข๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐šœ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š. "๐š†...
30.8K 4K 26
sแด สœแด‡ส€แด‡ ษช แด„แดแดแด‡ แดกษชแด›สœ sแด‡แด€sแดษด ๐Ÿธ แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ แดแดsแด› แด…แด‡แดแด€ษดแด…แด‡แด… ษชแด›แด  sแด‡ส€ษชแด€สŸ แดแด€แด…แด…แด€แด sษชส€โค๏ธ..สœแด‡ส€แด‡ สแดแดœ ษขแดœสs ษขแดแด› แดกษชแด›ษดแด‡ss แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ ษดแด‡แดก แดŠแดแดœส€ษดแด‡ส แดา“ แดแด˜แด› แดแด‡แดส™แด‡ส€s แด€า“แด›แด‡ส€ แด›สœแด‡ ส™แด...
106K 2.4K 51
Alissa Iris De Leรณn the daughter of both the Spanish and Italian Mafia. A week after she was born she was sent away from her 2 brothers to live with...
123K 5K 43
A fire incident at his(Kim Jae-soo) husband's home while he (Baek Ji-Hu )was away made Kim Jae-soo return to his third year of university (he was reb...