Lowkey

By leiiii403

Arabella Malik, the lethal American mob boss's daughter. The beauty of the nineteen-year-old was well-known... More

Authors Note
Aesthetics & Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chpater 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter
SEQUEL

Chapter 23

41.6K 1.1K 674
By leiiii403

Arabella

"𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐝"

I took a step into the alleyway and threw Roman a sheepish smile.

"You know," I said as I began going towards him, "alleyways are a little cliche to be doing murder in,"

He gave me a cold gaze and cocked his head to the side, casually crushing the cigarette between his fingers and dropping it to the ground.

"Didn't we meet in an alleyway, Ella?" He said and smirked a little, "Where you were simply assassinating someone?"

Oh, right.

I flicked his arm with my finger hoping it would hurt him a bit, but he didn't even flinch.

He stared at me blankly and I blinked.

Welp.

"What did he do?" I asked, leaning against the wall next to him.

"Owed me money, the usual." He remarked bluntly, tilting his head to the sky.

"What are you doing here?"

"I had lunch with Kara," I answered while I dug my shoe into the dirt. He hummed deeply and I remembered then, that Kara was waiting for me.

"I have to go," I stated as I stepped away from the wall.

He glanced down at me with narrowed eyes and nodded, leaning off the wall too. "I'll walk you,"

Once he was by my side, I smiled brightly and wrapped my arm through his.

We strolled silently together, and as we crossed the street, I took a look at him. As usual, his expression was impassive, the clouds in the sky dimming his golden skin.

We took another step onto the sidewalk, and I pointed us in the direction of Kara's car. I stepped in front of him, letting go of his arm, as he opened the passenger door for me.

"Will you be in class on Monday?" I asked, tilting my head in curiosity.

He looked at me for a few moments before nodding, and a smile appeared on my lips.

This appeared to intrigue him, as a playful smirk appeared on his lips, "Miss me?"

I scoff and looked down at my shoes, "In your dreams, Agnello,"

He chuckled darkly, and before he could stop, I eagerly glanced up at him and caught a glimpse of the dimples that dotted his cheeks.

Jeesh this man really is perfect.

"Ella," He nodded in departing and took a step back; I smiled and turned on my heel, but before I could get inside the car, his hand had grasped my arm.

I frowned and turned around, he stared at me and pointed a finger to his cheek.

Blushing, I stand on the tips of my toes and press my lips against his cheek. He smirked and patted my hip once as I drew back.

I finally turned and hopped into the car, my face flushed red.

Sunday, 7:35 P.M.

My eyes scanned the time on my phone while I waited for Nicolo to come back home with dinner. My impatient ass fidgeted with whatever I could find to satisfy my hunger.

Like every other weekend, it flew by. Since the chefs take Sundays off, Nicolo went to get us some food. Mum was at the studio teaching, while dad was someplace nearby.

We had received an invitation to Roman's celebration party. It was hosted in Lucien Agnello's residence on Saturday evening.

I was actually looking forward to it. However, there would be a lot of important people present, and it would also be quite dangerous with all of them there.

The front door slammed shut making my head snap up in the direction. With one plastic bag in his hand, Nicolo entered the kitchen.

He walked up to me and put the bag on the table.

"What'd you get?" I asked, lifting my brows to peer inside the bag.

"Chinese," He replied.

I nodded in approval and helped him with separating everything. We sat down and began eating once I got two plates for each of us and some utensils.

As we ate, I became aware of Nicolo's strange demeanour. His normally cheerful attitude had been replaced by a solemn one. I chewed on my noodles as I locked my gaze on him.

"What's the matter?" I asked after I had swallowed my food.

He frowned as he looked up from his plate.

"What do you mean?" He responded nonchalantly, returning his attention to his food.

I watched him eat without glancing at me once, and it was either he was on his man period or someone pissed him off.

When Nicolo became this emotionless, closed-off person as a reaction to someone making him angry or if he was genuinely in a bad mood, everyone kept a safe distance from him until he was ready to be himself again, besides me of course.

Normally, I'd bother him and attempt to encourage him to open up, but this time that didn't seem to be the case.

I reached across the table and put my hand on his, he stopped moving his spoon and closed his eyes for a second, before glancing up at me.

"I was used," He mumbled under his breath.

I frowned.

"What do you mean, Nico?" I asked with caution.

He sighed heavily and dropped his spoon, his hands sliding over his face.

I frowned even more as I rose from my seat and sat in the chair beside him.

I placed a hand on his bicep and rubbed my hand in soothing motions to calm him a little, he looked at me again and then diverted his gaze.

"I was seeing a girl,"

My face flushed with surprise, but when I realised his distressed expression, I kept my shock to myself.

"How long?" I asked as I continued to rub his arm.

"It's been a month. Turns out she only wanted me for my money and image,"

Anger coursed through me as those words left his mouth.

"Who is she?" I asked him, calmly.

His eyes widened and he instantly looked up at me, "No, Arabella,"

I got up from the seat and shrugged him off, "Tell me, Nicolo,"

"Arabella, it's okay," Nicolo stood up from his seat and looked at me with a serious face, "I'm over it now, I already told her off,"

I still wasn't having it, and I was itching to slap a bitch right now.

"Please, Bella, just sit down and eat with me."

My eyes softened at his words and I huffed and sat back down next to him. I grabbed my food and started to eat again.

Nicolo stared into space instead of touching his nearly finished meal. I poked him on the shoulder and gave him a stern look.

"It just sucks, 'cause I actually liked her," He muttered under his breath and fiddled with his shirt.

"She sounds like a bitch," I said honestly, and he smacked my arm.

"That isn't helping." He grumbled.

"I'm sorry, Nico," I whispered as I pouted and placed my arms around his neck. He sighed and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's alright I guess,"

I drew back and kissed his cheek, ruffling his hair which drove him to slap my hand away.

To take his mind off things, I started talking to him about random things.

We sat for as long as he needed, and I listened to him ramble on about whatever he wanted.

The night ended with us both on the couches, fast asleep in each other's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20.3K 63
Amara Volkov, the daughter of the Russian mafia leader, is one of their best assassins'. She has trained all her life in order to please her father a...
355K 7K 43
[COMPLETE][UNEDITED] ❝đĸ 𝐚đĻ đĻđĸ𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨đĢ𝐞 đĸ'đĨđĨ đžđ¯đžđĢ 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞đĨđŦ𝐞'đŦ.❞ āĻ“ 𝐒𝐭𝐞đĨđĨ𝐚 𝐑𝐨đŦ𝐞 𝐖𝐡đĸ𝐭𝐞 (𝟏𝟗), the d...
1.5K 55 13
Arabella Lila Romano A name given to her. A name so powerful to make even the strongest fear. The only daughter of Armando Romano. The Italian mafia...
9.1K 210 20
[ONGOING][UNEDITED] 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐞đŦ𝐭' đŦ𝐞đĢđĸ𝐞đŦ ⭒ 𝐄đĻđĻ𝐲 𝐑𝐨đŦ𝐞 𝐑𝐮đŦđŦ𝐨 (𝟏𝟖), the daughter of Stella and Leo Rus...