take your time | young royals

By cupidslovesong

Christmas break is almost over and it's nearly time for Wilhelm and Simon to face each other back at school... More

playlist
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter ten
chapter eleven
author's note
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
final touch and fill-ins
update

chapter nine

1.9K 72 58
By cupidslovesong

Sorry if parts are repeated, I haven't uploaded to this story for a while. Cant remember if Simon and Sara are moved in yet but yeah.

————————————————————————

It's been a couple of days since the photo was released onto the media and Simon still can't get over it. He wanted to know lots of things, like who that girl even was, and why Wilhelm supposedly became straight.

Maybe I forgave him too easily. But that's when I remembered that the weak can never forgive. I will have to forgive him eventually, just maybe not today. He's done too much to just have me let it slide. I won't let that happen again.

Simon clicked on Wilhelm's Instagram ready to stalk like he usually does, but that's when something caught his eye. It was a post, with Wilhelm's mystery girlfriend that everyone is non-stop talking about.

He read the username, @annikalindberg and presses on her profile. She was pretty, he had to admit. And if he wasn't gay, she is probably a girl he would be interested in, but that's not the case.

She was from Denmark and is over here for the year. She came at around Christmas time apparently according to the news. Of course she did.

"Wait, what?!" Simon blurted out, clicking on one of the posts that caught his attention. It was her, but she was in a Hillerska uniform. Surely she couldn't be attending Hillerska right? I mean, that's just cruel. But the queen is kind of like that isn't she?

Simon was angry, like super angry. The fact that Wilhelm blocked him on everything, a new mystery girl that is suddenly his girlfriend after what, a couple of days? And the fact that Simon will probably never be able to talk to him again.

Great. He thought. Just great.

Now he has to go to school and not only have to put up with Johan and August, but also Wilhelm's new not-so 'secret' girlfriend, Annika Lindberg.

————————————

It was the next day and Simon and Sara were finally moving in to Forest Ridge. They had all their gear packed up into three suitcases. One for Simon, and two for Sara. And also Simon's fish tank which he so desperately wanted to bring along, even if it means he's constantly reminded of 'that night'. Because it might not be such a bad thing.

"Alright guys, we ready to go?"

"Yes." Simon and Sara both reply in unison, jumping into the car and strapping on their seatbelts.

"Alright."

They drove for a while and then when they finally got to campus, the headmistress was there to greet them.

"Good morning, Mrs. Eriksson. Hello Simon and Sara."

"Hi."

"Good to know you will be joining our Forest Ridge community thanks to August."

Sara smiled, nodding her head and Simon rolled his eyes at her idiotic behaviour. So fucking stupid.

"Everybody else is still asleep. So we will get you situated right away before anybody wakes up."

Simon sighed in relief to her comment.

Thank god, I cannot run into Wilhelm or his mystery girlfriend any time soon.

She walks and beckons them to follow, so they do with their suitcases following right behind. Simon, Sara, and Linda walk through the corridors when they finally arrive at Sara's new dorm. Her roommate is Annika, what a coincidence. Not surprised, since she's new. Linda stops and helps Sara with her room whilst the headmistress takes Simon to the boy's wing and gives him his key. Room 108.

She leaves and Simon watched as she passes the doors along the corridor. Simon turns his head and almost faints to what he sees. Of course, of fucking course. Two bodyguards standing right outside a dorm which is right next to his. You know what that means, Crown Prince Wilhelm the almighty.

Perfect. This is going to be awkward, they know exactly who I am and I have to walk past them and open my door. Oh my god this is too much.

Simon walks nervously to his room and passes the bodyguards, hoping to go unnoticed. But he fails, deeply.

"You're Simon, right?" One of them says to him.

Simon nervously forces out a laugh. "Haha. Yep, that's me alright.."

"I kind of like you, ya know? I think you're good for Wilhelm but don't tell anyone I told you that."

Simon is shocked and flustered by her remark. The prince's bodyguard telling Simon that he's GOOD for him. Wow. Didn't see that one coming.

"Wait, who are you?"

"Malin. I'm Malin. But you better go before anyone wakes up."

"Right." Simon replies, twisting his doorknob. "Thanks."

She nods her head as Simon enters the room. He looks around and sees his roommate fast asleep on one of the beds. He can't really tell who it is because his body is facing the wall. But he has Auburn hair, and that's literally it.

Simon sighs as he drags in his suitcase behind him, tucking it underneath his bed. He can't be bothered with unpacking at the moment, not whilst there's so much on his mind.

———————————————

Wilhelm's POV:

He was here. He was definitely here. Simon was standing right near my room. TALKING to one of my bodyguards. What the hell?

All I could make out from their conversation was; "Haha. Yep, that's me alright.." and "I kind of like you, ya know?" And by that I was shocked, and from Simon's voice I bet his expression was the exact same as mine. I had no words. Malin telling Simon she liked him? How? He nearly 'ruined' the royal Swedish family's reputation. How can she 'like' him?

Whatever. Doesn't bother me.

The door squeaking and shutting sounded like it came from just next door. I was pretty sure that Simon was moving in to Forest Ridge, and I think I remember him telling me that. But there's no way I can face him now.

I can't bare for him to look and think of me as some coward who can't even face the public and not to mention, my own mother. He can't see me like some boy who lacks courage to not be his true self. Which.. is merely true.

I hate that part of myself. I hate that I willing to let everybody walk all over me. I hate that I'm willing to forgive everybody for treating me like shit. I hate that I'm willing to let people not tell me anything, even when it affects and impacts my life. And I hate that I'm willing to let the person I love the most leave me, without being able to do anything about it.

It's hard to admit when you've fallen in love with someone who can't be yours.

I feel trapped. Like I am locked behind the doors of an unhealthy relationship with nowhere to go and no one to hear my cries. A relationship that causes me to break down and cry in the middle of the day and night for no reason at all. As I walk past the mirror with my head down, afraid of what I might see, I look up anyway. Deep down inside I know, no matter what they say, I possess the key to my choices and decisions.

I possess the key to my choices and decisions.

——————————————————

Simon's POV:

I hear my roommate wake up and quickly act like I'm doing something on my phone but that's when I lift my head up and see him.

Johan.

"Fuck no. I'm changing rooms-"

"Wait, Simon. Please." He interrupted hastily, scrambling up from the bed he was previously spread out across.

"Shut up. You drugged Wilhelm. I don't wanna be next."

"You won't be. I admit, it was dumb. But I knew I had to give him some sort of warning."

Simon sat there with a confused expression upon his face and Johan could tell he was unsure of what he was trying to interpret so he continued.

"Not to go near you."

Simon was even more confused than before. What the fuck? Why? Simon really liked Wilhelm and even though he was afraid to admit it, he really did love him. Why was this Johan guy, which he only met like a week ago, trying to get in the way of their relationship?

"Why?" Was all Simon managed to get out.

Johan sighed. "Listen Simon, he really isn't good for you. I hate the royal family more than anyone and I just had to teach him a lesson because he hurt you. I mean, did he even say goodbye to you before Christmas?"

No. He told me he loved me.

"Yes." Simon replies confidently. "Yes, he did. And I plan to keep our relationship how it is for the moment and I don't need you getting in the way of it. Don't come near me, okay? I'm going to go find my sister."

———————————

How is it so far? I hope it's not too confusing. Also, thanks for over 500 reads! That's insane. I love you all <3.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 3K 19
"But I like you. And that's not fake." What will happen after Wilhelm goes home for Christmas? Will he overcome his fears? Will Simon tell him about...
3.6K 152 26
"𝓘 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓮..." -𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓸𝓷 "𝓘 𝓭𝓸..." -𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓶 In which Prin...
207K 8.2K 36
! yr spoilers ! " thank you, simon" wilhelm's last words to him before christmas break. this had proven to simon that it does, in fact, take a fool t...
15.1K 243 15
Scenes that I'd wish had happened or scenes continued on from the show in what I think happened! Enjoy❤️ #1 in Wille #16 in Revolution #15 In monarc...