First Light || BNHA (ON HOLD)

Av roguegoespoof

》 "That's why, the time your government calls me a hero, will be the fucking day Ninja dies." 《 ••• Keiko Kob... Mer

{ 001 }
{ 002 }
{ 003 }
{ 004 }
{ 005 }
{ 006 }
{ 007 }
{ 008 }
{ 009 }
{ 010 }
{ 011 }
{ 013 }
{ 014 }
{ 015 }
{ 016 }
{ 017 }
{ 018 }
{ 019 }
{ 020 }
{ 021 }
{ 022 }
{ 023 }
{ 024 }
{ 025 }
{ 026 }
{ 027 }
{ 028 }
{ 029 }
{ 030 }
{ 031 }
{ 032 }
{ 033 }
{ 034 }
{ 035 }
{ 036 }
{ 037 }
{ 038 }
{ 039 }
{ halloween }

{ 012 }

3.2K 141 62
Av roguegoespoof

chapter xii.

( sports festival: kobayashi vs bakugou )

"Fame... money... everyone is calling themselves a hero..."

The broken body of Tensei Iida, AKA Ingenium laid in front of the body covered in darkness.

The Hero Killer: Stain.

"You guys aren't heroes," he crushed the phone on the floor when its screen lit up.

"The only ones who can kill me are them.

"Only All Might and Ninja!"

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎

Groans escaped the lips of the ravenette on the bed as she regained consciousness.

The pain immediately hit her, from her abdomen, to her legs and her arms.

Keiko didn't really remember how the fight had ended, but she wasn't in the mood to brainstorm while her head suffered from a severe headache.

Did... Did I win? Oh god, I hope I did. I'm not gonna do that shit ever again.

She cracked an eye open, and yelped to find a short woman standing on the side of her bed, staring right at her.

"Holy —"

"No cussing in the infirmary," the old lady chirped, examining the girl's movements to check for any pain. She spoke again when she found none. Except for the headache. "It's your first time here, isn't it? Well, I'm Recovery Girl."

"How —" Keiko began, her voice scratchy. She cleared her throat a little before continuing. "How long was I out?"

Recovery Girl handed her a glass of water, which she gladly accepted and gulped it down. "Not very long, deary. You just came in about half an hour ago, actually. It seems your body is used to pain. It is to be expected, especially since you come across it a lot, don't you?"

Keiko glanced at her, confused at first, before slowly nodding in understanding. "You know who I am, don't you?"

"Of course, deary. The whole staff knows."

While Keiko sat up with much difficulty, Recovery Girl continued talking. "I didn't use my quirk too much on you, since your body won't be able to handle the exhaustion. You still have some wounds, and I think your quirk will heal it?"

Keiko nodded. Of course, if the teachers said everything they knew about her to the nurse, then she would have been told that her quirk had a lot of components, including quick healing.

"Well, I would normally suggest staying here for the rest of the day," the old lady said, "but I take it that you'll want to participate in your last match."

The ravenette nodded nonchalantly, but in the inside she was whooping and jumping in victory. She had actually managed to beat Todoroki! She was actually able to keep her promise and beat him, even if his power was definitely one that she had never encountered, both as Keiko and Ninja.

"Is there a fight going on now?" Keiko asked.

Recovery Girl nodded, before suddenly using her needle-shaped cane to bang the girl's head.

"Ow!" Keiko brought a hand to her forehead, soothing it a little. "What's that for?" It didn't help with her headache at all.

"For being stupidly reckless," Recovery Girl said, scolding the student. "You could have died in that fight."

"But I didn't," Keiko replied snarkily, wincing as Recovery Girl hit her again.

"That was only luck. It will happen again in future, and you might get out in worse shape," she said sharply.

Jeez, lady, I've already been close to death in the past. This wasn't "only luck." Give me at least a little credit for my survival.

Keiko raised her hands up in surrender. "Okay okay, no need to be so violent. I got your message."

The girl swung her legs over the bed and letting her feet rest on the floor before standing up.

"Here are some slippers," Recovery Girl said, nudging the footwear with her stick.

Keiko smiled a little. "Thank you, but I would rather walk in these bandaged feet," she gestured to her feet, wiggling her toes for effect.

The old woman raised an eyebrow. "Was that sarcasm?"

"Partially, but I actually feel more grounded without slippers."

That was partially true; feeling the ground beneath her feet helped her concentrate, but she also didn't want to fight in slippers. It made her feel old.

And she had made a silent vow after the cavalry battle to only fight barefoot for the rest of the festival... in memory of her shoes, which were possibly six feet under the ground. Literally.

"Fine," Recovery Girl sighed. "Be more careful out there. I might not heal you anymore."

Keiko lifted her middle and pointer finger to the side of her brow, then flicked it to the side in a lazy salute. "You got it."

Keiko walked out, gently closing the door behind her before limping towards the waiting room for the contestants.

She knew that the stage would still be damaged, and it was possibly still being repaired. If it's finished, Tokoyami and Bakugou's match wouldn't last that long, knowing the exploding pom-pom. 

As she walked, she thought of her fight with Todoroki.

Keiko really hoped that it was actually helpful for the boy, or her pain and her suffering would have all been for nothing.

Though she put all her energy into that fight, it was surprising to think that she didn't even use all her tricks. 

Ah... Next fight would be against Bakugou...

... MY NEXT FIGHT'S AGAINST BAKUGOU?!

There was no denying that a big deal of energy was removed from Keiko from her battle. It wouldn't be impossible to beat the ash blonde, but it would be... very, very difficult, considering his use of his quirk, his determination to win, and his fast reflexes.

The ravenette almost smiled at the thought of Bakugou's expression when she doesn't give her all in their fight.

Unfortunately, he has to wait. If he wants to beat me in my prime, he's gonna have to save that for another day. I'm fucking tired.

Keiko was really looking forward to the end of this sports festival, even if it might end in her defeat. She wanted to go home, crash on her bed, and sleep for the next five years without having a care in the world.

If only living as a hero-in-training, vigilante, convenience store worker, singer, and band manager was that easy.

Do they sell orange slices? I could really use one just about now...

Though she wanted to win, she was already content with second place. As long as she was on the podium, that was fine with her, and it would either be first place or second place waiting for her in the end.

BUTTT... I am looking forward to a fight with Bakugou. I've seen him in action, and I want to experience his attacks first hand.

She would definitely be at a disadvantage. She lost a big deal of energy, her arms and legs were wrapped in bandages, and she wasn't hellbent on beating him, unlike he is.

He's also sort of weak though... his arms must hurt...

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎

"Tokoyami surrenders! That means the final match will be Kobayashi versus Bakugou!"

Bakugou looked up at the announcement, his scowl deepening as he massaged his muscles.

Fucking northern lights... the idiot won't come at me with all she got to keep her stupid identity...

Internally, Bakugou was also looking forward to fighting her as well.

But, like the person he is, he wants to have an undeniable victory.

Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to happen here.

Keiko, meanwhile, hummed when she heard Present Mic's announcement as she sat in her  waiting room.

As expected of Bakugou...

While she traced the lines on her bandages, Keiko slipped into her mist of thoughts.

It was the finals. This is the match that would determine the strongest person amongst the first years, specifically 1A.

As she said, she doesn't really want — or need — to be the best. She was also not really aware of the pom-pom's capabilites.

However, Bakugou is possibly also in the dark when it comes to her. If he had searched up Ninja videos in the internet — and it's impossible to find a clear one, mind you — he doesn't know her small, dirty tricks.

He doesn't seem like the type to pull those, unfair stunts. He does have standards.

All is fair in contests and war, of course.

She decided to just do her best, but that wasn't much at the moment.

Keiko jolted a little when the door slammed open, to reveal the said ash blonde.

Keiko almost smirked at the boy's blank, confused face.

"Eh? What're you doing here, this is waiting room..." Bakugou glanced at the sign beside the door. His eyes widened when he found that he was the one who made the mistake. "This room two? Dammit..."

Keiko narrowed her eyes a little, before turning back to her hands, which were now clasped together.

Anger flashed through Bakugou's face, before slowly walking into the room.

"I know that I'm the one in the wrong room," he started, "but what is that attitude towards your opponent?"

He brought his hand somewhere close to the ravenette's face and activated his quirk, sending smoke towards her eyes.

"WHY ARE YOU LOOKING THERE, NORTHERN LIGHTS?!"

Keiko sputtered, waving the gas away nd rubbing her eyes. "If you wanted me to look at you that badly, you could've just said so."

Once she calmed down, she said, "has Midoriya always had one? A quirk I mean."

Bakugou clenched his fists at the mention of the boy.

He suddenly kicked the table, making it topple over and making Keiko lean back.

"This us our fucking fight! I don't want you thinking of that damn nerd when it's only you and me fighting."

Keiko raised an eyebrow. "That sounded cheesy, Bakugou."

He growled. "The power you used on that half and half bastard? Use it on me. It might not fucking be your all, but I'm pretty sure that it's the damn closest you'll show."

Bakugou turned, saying something before walking out entirely. "Don't you fucking dare look down on me, northern lights."

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎

"This is the final fight of the sports festival! This match will determine who will stand on the top spot of the first years!"

"Ahhh~ I'm so nervous!" Uraraka said, sitting on the end of her seat in anticipation.

All the class 1A students were on edge. They were amazed by their new classmate's skill and from how she held herself against Todoroki and even won.

But when they compare it to the ruthlesness and the power of their other classmate, it was hard to decide who to root for.

Whoever won, it would still be a class victory nonetheless.

"Both from the Hero course! Keiko Kobayashi versus Katsuki Bakugou!"

The two were having a staredown, daring each other to back out.

We should all know by now that it wouldn't happen.

"START!"

Bakugou immediately went in for the kill, using his explosions to propel him forward. Only Keiko's reflexes saved her from her sudden defeat as she dodged, grabbed his outstretched arm, and threw him away to put more distance between the two.

"Bakugou had gone for an immediate attack, but Kobayashi narrowly dodges!"

"C'mon!" The boy screamed, jumping. "Use all your power!"

He crossed his hands, putting his face in between them, and swing them back, creating a stronger explosion.

He's not letting me think. Good job.

Instead of moving away, Keiko runs forward, meeting the explosive boy halfway.

He suddenly pushed himself over her, landing behind and grabbing her arm roughly.

He flipped her over his shoulder and her back connected with the ground with a harsh thud.

Keiko groaned, pushing herself up.

"FIGHT ME WITH ALL YOU GOT, KOBAYASHI!"

Keiko momentarily paused in confusion from the sound of her last name coming out of Bakugou's mouth, but her mere miliseconds of no movement left an opening for Bakugou.

He put his hands in front of him, similar to Keiko's move in the previous match, and sent a large bomb towards her, surrounding the area with smoke.

"Eh?! There's more smoke coming from a powerful explosion of Bakugou! Has the final match already come to an end?!"

Bakugou growled, swiping his hands through the smoke. He had lost visual of Keiko.

Hah. Bitch, the smoke and the darkness are my home. You can't see me.

Keiko was somewhere to the right of Bakugou. While holding her breath to not breathe in the gas, she quietly removed her new PE shirt and threw it to the smokey area behind Bakugou.

As expected, her plan worked perfectly. He immediately turned and launched himself forward.

As another explosion came, the ravenette gathered up energy on her feet and jumped towards Bakugou's behind.

She had gotten a direct hit onto his lower back, making him stumble.

I have to be weary of his palms. He could send an explosion towards me at anytime.

She stepped backwards on time. Bakugou had sent another explosion towards her.

"These two aren't holding back!"

Keiko got into a stance, but the boy had emerged from the newly-made smoke and got an explosion on her. "DIE!"

Keiko got pushed back, using her quirk to slow down her fall and to avoid going over the line.

The out of bounds was just jeering at her, taunting her and calling out to her.

Woah, that got a little bit weird there.

Bakugou wasn't giving her anytime to recover as he attacked her with a more powerful explosion.

"It seems that Bakugou did his research. He knows of Kobayashi's weaknesses in battle, and he's aiming for them. This kid gets better and better each time he fights."

Wow. Thanks for the encouragement, hero.

The ravenette was once again knocked to the ground.

"Oi! I want undeniable first place!" Bakugou shouted as she once again rose to her feet.

She muttered some colorful words under her breath. Let's just get this one over with.

"If you aren't here to win, get outta my way!"

Keiko sighed, knowing this battle wouldn't end if she didn't give him what he wanted.

She activated her quirk once more, the glow starting from her fingertips, then going up to her jaw.

It was higher than it was in the battle with the Endeavour-spawn.

The boy smirked maniacally, boosting himself up into the air and using his quirk to spin himself.

"Keiko."

The ravenette froze when she beard a voice resonate through her head.

A sudden headache hit her, making her deactivate her power and clutch her head.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck... what the hell is this.

"Keiko."

"Howitzer... IMPACT!"

The whole platform was covered with more smoke.

"It seems Bakugou used an explosion similar to the one he performed during his match with Uraraka! Kobayashi didn't fight back! But, what is the outcome of this battle?!"

Bakugou laid on his stomach, staring at Keiko's limp body outside of the boundaries in confusion.

She... she stopped her quirk!

"Oi..." Bakugou grunted as he forcefully stood from the ground, sluggishly making his wat towards the ravenette. He then broke out into a short sprint.

He grabbed the girl's hair and pulled her forward. "Oi! I told you it would be meaningless! I don't want to win like this! Not like..." Bakugou's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he fell forward, landing on his side to Keiko's right.

Her bandages had been burnt off, revealing her healed arms, but not many noticed it. Those who did assumed that it was just from the nurse Recovery Girl's healing process.

Midnight approached, staring at the two before raising her hand. "Kobayashi is out of bounds. Therefore, Bakugou is the winner!"

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎

"All the first year events for this year's sports festival have been completed! We'll now start the awarding ceremony!" Mindight declared.

Behind her, the podiums rose from the ground, revealing a Keiko with bandaged arms, a new shirt, and some bandages on her face, a sweatdropping Tokoyami, a blank Todoroki, and a chained Bakugou.

"Now we'll hand out the medals! This year the medals will be presented by..."

The infamous laugh of a certain hero boomed around the stadium.

"It's All Might!"

"No way!"

"I have brought...."

"Our very own hero..."

"The medals!" "All Might!"

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds.

"Sorry for speaking over you," Midnight whispered apologetically.

Once All Might gave Tokoyami and Todoroki their medals, he approached Keiko in her second place spot in the podium.

Oh hell naw. I ain't gonna get a hug from you mister. Gentle physical contact from someone I barely know drives me crazy.

"Young Kobayashi!" He said joyously, putting the silver medal around her neck. "You have remarkable skills in battle! Was there a reason that you didn't use your quirk towards the end of the match?"

Keiko looked down at her hand. "I heard a voice... it sounded vaguely familiar, but I can't really place where it's from. A headache also came for me."

All Might thought. There's something about her...

The hero nodded, bringing the girl into an... awkward hug.

"I won't inquire any further, but you may speak to me if you have any problems."

"Hai."

This man's armpits smells like hope and justice. Does Captain America also smell like this?

The symbol of peace stepped away. "All right, young Bakugou!"

The hero sweadropped as he got a full view of the boy's restraints. "This is a little extreme."

All Might reached out and unlatched the muzzle on Bakugou's mouth. "You lived up to your pledge. Good job!"

"All Might..."

Keiko tiled her head in confusion when she saw the enraged expression on her classmate's face.

"This first place is meaningless! Even if the world approves of it, it's garbage if I don't accept it!"

All Might nodded. "In this world of comparative assessment, not many can hold the absolute evaluation of an unchanging scale."

I understood approximately 0% of whatever just spewed out your mouth, but I'll pretend to understand so I don't look like a stupid idiot in front of the cameras.

"Accept this medal as one of your scars so that you'll never forget."

Keiko watched in amusement as All Might just let the medal hang from Bakugou's mouth when the ash blonde refused to let it hang from his neck.

But he didn't let it fall... he must actually want to keep it in a way...

After a long speech about how each and ecery one of them had improved All Might finay started his conclusion. "Everyone please repeat after me..."

"PLUS ULTRA!"

"Thank you for your hard work!"

Another moment of silence.

The crowd started booing.

"That was a Plus Ultra moment there, All Might!"

"But... I thought that everyone worked hard..."

A few hours later, the class was sitting in their classroom. Everyone had changed back into their school uniform and was sitting in their chairs as Aizawa started to dismiss them.

Bakugou was fuming, and Keiko had her forehead to her desk.

"Hai!"

Keiko suddenly snapped up, then rubbed the sleepiness off her eyes. Gotta save it for later...

▪︎•▪︎•▪︎•▪︎

"Mom, Aiko, I'm home," Keiko called, slipping of her shoes and putting on her slippers.

Keiko froze when she saw her dad come from the stairs, a big smile on his face.

He wasn't normally home during the afternoons. Especially during the afternoons.

"Good job kid," he said, ruffling her hair as he got close.

Keiko hugged him, burying her face into his chest.

His hugs were always the best.

"KEI! WAHH YOU WERE SO COOL!"

Once Keiko released her dad, Aiko came barreling towards her, followed by their mother.

"Air — please —"

"Ah right, sorry," Aiko stepped back, a big grin on his face. "You were so good out there! Though you didn't beat that Bakugou guy, you still got second place!" He beamed, messing up her hair roughly, making her whine.

"Ai!"

Their mother enveloped Keiko into a hug, which the ravenette immediately melted into.

"I'm proud of you," she said, looking into her daughter's eyes and roughing up her hair.

"C'mon! Anything but the 'do!"

The house exploded into laughter.

Later that night, the Kobayashi's, Kai, and Ichiro had a big dinner to celebrate Keiko's performance in the festival.

As she replayed the scene in her head, she smiled faintly in her sleep.

Her family was there for her.

Maybe... maybe this was her starting line.

Or, in her words, her first light.

[ author's corner ]

Another update! This chapter isn't very good, but don't blame me cus I have to write short stories for two of my subjects in school.

My brain's pretty much fried, so ignore any spelling mistakes.

I hope you're all doing well and OVER 800 READS?! AJSBFHEJZKS THANK YOU!

Please stay safe out there and stay on the bright side! A negative mind won't grant you a positive life.

Comment, vote, and most important of all: READ ON!

Plus Ultra!

- R

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

181K 6.4K 63
[COMPLETE ☑] 💚 Tomura x Fem!Izuku _________________________ When she was a kid,Midoriya once met an older boy at an abandoned building when she was...
55K 1.4K 114
Y/n L/n,a girl with a powerful quirk, was dreaming to go into UA, living with her mother : Sana L/n, and her older brother Siji L/n. She had a very h...
1.7K 96 25
After a few years of being on her own, (Y/N) was an independent young lady. She knew her way around town and around her problem. She held grudges aga...
3.3M 97.2K 85
(𝚈/𝚗) (𝙻/𝚗) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝...