𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬

By EtherealFxith

𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✔︎ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐈 "This is a dangerous game you're tryin... More

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬
《 1 》
《 2 》
《 4 》
《 5 》
《 6 》
《 7 》
《 8 》
《 9 》
《 10 》
《 11 》
《 12 》
《 13 》
《 14 》
《 15 》
《 16 》
《 17 》
《 18 》
《 19 》
《 20 》
《 21 》
《 22 》
《 23 》
《 24 》
《 25 》
《 26 》
《 27 》
《 28 》
《 29 》
《 30 》
《 31 》
《 32 》
《 33 》
《 34 》
《 35 》
《 36 》
《 37 》
《 38 》
《 39 》
《 40 》
《 41 》
《 42 》
《 43 》
《 44 》
《 45 》
《 46 》
《 47 》
《 48 》
《 49 》
《 50 》
《 51 》
《 52 》
《 53 》
《 54 》
《 55 》
《 56 》
《 57 》
《 58 》
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐈

《 3 》

15.1K 301 43
By EtherealFxith

I looked up to see Aurora, which jumped back as I startled her by pointing a gun her way. She gripped the sides of her dress as her gaze fixed on the gun.

"Oh, perdón Aurora." I lowered the gun, placing it on the nightstand. A sigh left my lips as I sat up, facing her.

[Sorry]

"Sé que los extrañas. Yo también." She muttered as her expression softened, sitting closer to me while beginning to caress my arm. It's true, the whole place just wasn't the same. It didn't feel the same. Father's constant heavy steps around the mansion, or my mother's giggles of whenever he'd interrupt her cooking just to twirl her around and then leave for business. Gosh, even mom's forehead kisses when she'd sneak into me and Isabella's rooms at night. She'd pretend we were still babies and try to pull us in her lap, ignoring the fact we were all grown up already.

[I know you miss them. I do too.]

After a moment of silence, she spoke up. "Do you know what you are wearing for the Masquerade?" Her soft hand reached for mine. I traced the small wrinkles on it with my finger. I shook my head no as I kept tracing lines on her hand with my finger.

"I was thinking maybe one of my mother's gowns. They're amazing." I whispered, raising my head to look in the direction of my parents' walk-in closet. She hummed in response.

"Actually, let's not go in there," She motioned towards the closet. "I think it would be better if we left it untouched..." I watched her as she gave me a soft smile. The only light in the room was the lights from the hallway, since the door was mid-open.

"I'll figure something out." I let out a deep breath. "Goodnight Aurora." I muttered as I stood up from the bed.

As I closed the door to my room, I walked over to my walk-in closet. My fingers traced every single piece of clothing as I walked by, attempting to see if I had anything worthy of representing a whole Mafia. It was mostly black jackets, dress pants, maybe a few jeans and sweatpants, and a small amount of dresses. None of them attracted my attention, they seemed way too black.

With a defeated sigh, I walked out, grabbing my laptop as I plopped down on my bed. I began to look at dresses on the internet for what felt like forever. When I looked at the time, it was already 2am.

I shut the computer off, placing it on my nightstand. With a long yawn, I laid down.

. . .

While pouring myself a drink, I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

Mateo opened the door, two large bags resting over his arm. "Denise got your dress for the Masquerade. Isabella's is also here." He placed them on my desk.

"You may go now." I dismissed him, grabbing the bags and following after him out of the office. He walked down the stairs as I knocked on Isabella's door. "Isabella?"

No response. I slightly opened the door, revealing the completely organized room, but no sight of her. "Looking for me?" I turned around to see her leaning against the doorframe.

I nodded, raising one of the bags in the air. "Your dress for the Masquerade. The one you wanted." She stepped forward, taking it in her hands before turning to me.

"Gracias." Pulling out two suitcases, she placed the dress on top of her bed.

[Thank you]

I turned on my heel, walking out of her room. Again, the house seemed empty as I walked down the stairs and over to the back door.

Reaching the garage, I made my way over to my black LaFerrari. My finger pressed the beeper to the garage door. I pressed the gas pedal with my foot, beginning to circle around the mansion until I reached the driveway, and I stopped.

A tall dark skinned man with hazel eyes jogged over to my car. He had curly black locks hanging just over his forehead, his muscles making his black dress shirt look as if they were about to pop the buttons open. "Boss."

"I'm on my way to the landing strip to check how's everything doing with the jet." He nodded in response, his eyes examining my car. He's always liked anything that has to do with vehicles. Maybe because he was a mechanic who used to work for the navy. Funny how he went from the navy, to joining a Mafia. Up to now, he's proven himself to be one of the most loyal men around.

"¿Le importa si acompaño?" He shrugged, placing one of his hands in his pocket, the other one being occupied by his gun.

[Do you mind if I join?]

I unlocked the car in response, before motioning for the passenger's seat. He opened the door, sitting beside me. Before he actually did, he called out to a guard, letting him know he was leaving with me.

Finally, I pressed the gas pedal, speeding out of the front gates. The landing strip and hangar are only a few minutes away, both under very strict security.

After a few minutes, we came to a halt as a few guards forced us to do so. I lowered my car window, extending my arm out of the vehicle. As I pressed my finger against a scanner a guard provided, I looked to the side, where Nathan was doing the same. The scanner turned on a green light as it beeped, the guards retreating as they opened a large gate with the letter D imprinted on it.

I drove past it, heading down a path surrounded by perfectly lined up bushes. At the end of it, the hangar came to sight. The front door of it was closed. I assumed the jet was out already. As I drove past the large hangar, a large black jet could be seen. It had gold linings, it looked impeccable.

Parking my car beside it, I checked my phone while Nathan stepped out. Three unread messages. Isabella. Three pictures of her holding her dress up to her shoulders in the mirror. I replied with a thumbs up before shoving my phone in my pocket.

"I assume the first group of men are already in Vegas?" I spoke to one of the men who was washing the wheels. He didn't bother to turn and look at me, but nodded. It showed comfortability around me, trust.

"Yes boss, they left last night. The jet arrived this morning. They're settled in the hotel you informed us about." He placed the hose down, finally turning to me. I kept my gaze fixed on the golden letter D imprinted on the jet's left side. After a brief moment, I cleared my throat.

"Right, we'll be leaving a day before the event. Two days." Fixing my suit, I scanned the area, noticing Nathan talking with a few other men while standing right under the jet. I stepped closer, looking up at whatever it was they were pointing at. "Everything in order here?"

"Oh, yes it is, boss, just checking on everything." One of them replied, while the rest simply nodded their heads towards me.

After an hour or so of checking on everything, it all seemed under control. I stood behind my car, opening the trunk. The wind caused my hair to fly all over my face, blocking my vision. My hand reached up and tucked a few strands behind my ear as I managed to get a clear sight of the items inside the trunk. An AK-47 was tucked underneath a furry coat and a set of clothes. I grabbed a large paper bag, before closing the trunk behind me. "Nathan!" I called out, he turned around to face me as I handed him the bag. "Hand these out to everyone here, including the pilot. I'm going back to the mansion." I paused, interrupted by a sigh. "Are you coming with me, or are you staying here?"

"Actually, I'll stay here. There's still some things I want to check. Mateo called and said he'd join me later." He nodded, looking down at the bag as he opened it. "..ammo?" He'd look back up at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. I want everyone with their weapons loaded and ready. Even though it's a peaceful event, I don't want us to let our guard down." I crossed my arms, looking over his shoulder at the men circling the jet. That jet is something we couldn't afford to lose, that I couldn't afford to lose. And based on the mysterious attack which killed my parents, and the vineyard burning down in flames, it gave me the feeling someone was after us. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the culprit vandalized our jet too. Because whoever it is who did all this, knows us and our plans far too well, based on the timing of all the events that occurred.

"I'm on it, I'll meet you back at the mansion. There's something I'd like to discuss with you." He spoke as he retreated, whistling and calling out to the rest of the men in the area. The main guards remained in their place.

I walked back to my car, and before I knew it, I was already driving back home.

. . .

The sunset from my room's balcony looked as if a ball of burning hot iron hid behind the lake, its reflection making the water seem part of the sky itself. You could easily look at the sun that way without flinching, or your eyes tearing up from the brightness.

I brought my cigarette up to my lips, taking a long drag of it before blowing out the cloud of smoke. My phone began to ring and vibrate, moving around the small table placed beside my seat. I looked down at it, not bothering to pick it up. In a swift motion I dropped the cigarette, putting it out as I placed my foot over it. Unknown?

Without much hesitation, I grabbed it and answered. "Who is this?"

Silence.

The caller remained completely silent, and so did I, waiting for any type of answer.

"Better start saying goodbye to your dear Mafia, especially your family, because you won't get the chance to fight back."

I froze, looking at the caller ID once again. My eyebrows furrowed as I opened my mouth to say something, but before I could, the call ended. At this, I scrolled down my contacts, pressing Mateo's.

"Yes?"

"Get Denise and meet me at my office."

After a few minutes, I sat on my desk, looking down at the call history. I looked up as someone knocked on the door, standing up and walking towards it. Opening it, my gaze fell upon both of them. "Come in." I stepped aside as Denise and Mateo entered my office.

"What can I help you with, boss?" She spoke. Her long ginger hair was tied up in a bun, a few strands falling over her face. Freckles adorned almost every corner of it, along with her crystal blue eyes.

"I need you to help me track down this call." I slid my phone over to her while she curiously looked down at it. Mateo leaned over to her side, also taking a look at it.

"What exactly happened?" He asked, leaning back on his chair. I sat down on my chair, running my fingers through my hair. Denise simply looked at me, her brows furrowed as confusion took all over her expression.

"Well, it seems to be an unknown caller, but it sounded as if they were using one of those voice changers or something." My phone's screen turned on as it received a notification. While it was still placed on the table, I pressed my finger on it and unlocked it. I opened the messaging app, where the same unknown caller had apparently sent a picture. Mateo and Denise both sat up as I opened the chat, my eyes widening at what I just saw.

A picture of my mother's wedding dress. One I remember is stored in my parent's walk-in closet. My hand reached for my gun which rested on my waistband.

"Search the house."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 1.5K 19
After a failed attempt at a relationship, I tried making it on my own, only to be saddled with a new neighbor who exuded charm, danger, and sexual en...
352K 8.6K 48
-Strong female lead and lovesick male lead- "You're a woman, where's your brother? I would like to talk to him." She rolled her eyes, raising her pis...
467K 16.6K 77
The Russian mafia princess and the Italian mafia king. It's a wise old mafia tale: they are each other's biggest competitor, but the heart doesn't se...
63K 921 25
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐈 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩. "𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞." 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤...