THIN ICE |BOOK I |BWWM|

By the_euphoriaaa

After a failed marriage with the Underboss of one of the most powerful crime families, Julia Nicolette Manisc... More

β€’COPYRIGHTβ€’
β€’AUTHOR'S NOTEβ€’
β€’CHARATERSβ€’
β€’α΄˜Κ€α΄ΚŸα΄Ι’α΄œα΄‡β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 1β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 2β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 2, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› IIβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 3β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 4β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 5β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 6β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 7β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 8β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 9β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 10β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 11β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 12β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 13β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 14β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 15β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 16β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 17β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 18β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 19β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 20β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 21β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 22β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 23β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 24, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› Iβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 24, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› IIβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 25β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 26, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› Iβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 26, α΄˜α΄€Κ€α΄› IIβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 27β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 28β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 29β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 30β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 31β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 32β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 33β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 34β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 36β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 37β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 38β€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 39 - α΄›Κœα΄€Ι΄α΄‹ Κα΄α΄œβ€’
β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 40 - Q&Aβ€’

β€’α΄„Κœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 35β€’

401 38 13
By the_euphoriaaa

•SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA•

Julia's POV

Who does the shopping?

I wonder what kind of perfume that was?

I need more lotion.

Despite missing two sessions of therapy, maintaining mental control was somehow still manageable, but in the absence of Dr. Sullivan's guidance I couldn't help reverting back to my old coping strategies.

Thought blocking.

"I'm full Mommy." Nicolai whimpered and held his head while leaning his elbow on the table.

I hated being here- emphasis on hate, but Adrian surprised me with how well he had people taking care of Nick. Still, it was quite unnerving.

I glanced at his almost full plate and smoothed my fingers through his shiny curls.

"You barely touched your food, baby."

"I don't want anymore." Nicolai rested his head on me as I wrapped my bandaged arm around his shoulders.

I'd opted out of telling Adrian anything about Gaia's attack. I didn't need any reason for her not to follow through on our deal. Freedom outweighed a stupid flesh wound.

"You have to eat sweetheart. The doctor gave you antibiotics, so you need your strength to heal."

My palm cupped my son's supple check as his face twisted and he began to whine.

"Buongiorno Don." Stella, one of the chefs, greeted Adrian as he sauntered through the archway of the kitchen to the granite island.

She held his China mug filled with fresh coffee atop a small saucer in one hand and a pristine silver spoon in the other.

In one swift motion, Adrian eagerly nabbed the glass from her grasp and nodded.

"What's the sched-" He yielded as his attention shifted to me and Nicolai's direction.

"What's going on?"

Adrian paced to the table as his eyes flipped between us both.

"He's full."

"And that's why you're letting him whine like this?" He questioned while calmly taking a sip of coffee.

"Well, he's six and he did get shot- figured it was appropriate." I gave a curt smile.

"That won't work."

Adrian set his coffee on the table as knelt down to Nicolai's eye level and softly placed his hand on his knee.

"What's wrong Nicolai? You didn't get through half of your breakfast. You didn't even eat your bacon. Why not?"

"He's full and he's allergic-"

"I'm talking to Nicolai. He needs to learn to speak up for himself."

Nick's attention bobbed to me then back to Adrian as he questioned him again.

"What's wrong Nicolai?"

"M-My tummy hurts."

"I'm sorry about that Nicky. It's gonna hurt for a while, but you can't whine to your mom. You have to be strong. And you have to eat."

Stella placed Adrian's plate on the other empty placemat on the table and he stood straight while ruffling Nick's hair.

My fists clenched and my arm that wrapped around Nick's shoulder pulled him closer as a snarl warped my mouth.

Again, Nicolai timidly glanced between Adrian and I.

"Just try one more bite baby, then you can go." I tenderly stroked his head and stared down Adrian as I gave my order.

Nicky nodded, taking his last bite of pancake before looking back up at me for confirmation of my promise.

I wet a corner of the cloth napkin and wiped his face and slipped my arms around him preparing to carry Nicky to his room.

Adrian held his hand up and called for Ian, one of the other men, that brought Nick downstairs.

"Take Nicolai back to his room and clear the room. I need to speak to my wife alone."

Ian stepped toward Nick and I pulled away, rejecting the help.

"I'm taking my son to his room." -I aimed my words at my ex- "It's okay Ian. You can just take Nicolai's plate away."

Ian froze, caught amidst our power struggle, as Adrian finally nodded and I helped Nick to his feet.

"Have Stella clean the table. Ian, please show Julia to Nicolai's room." Adrian commanded as his stare tacked to the window bordering the kitchen and his continued drinking his coffee.

Ian held his hand out, directing us out of the kitchen and to a set of stairs.

• • • •

Out like a light.

The moment Nicolai's head hit the pillow he crashed.

My poor baby.

Between the antibiotics, pain killers and the absence of his 'uncle', Nick was beginning to mentally fog.

If he could just hang on for just a few more days for everything to play out, I'd be very grateful.

Nick's heartbeat rhythmically drummed against my hand that laid nimbly on his chest and I pulled the comforter to his shoulders as he snuggled them close.

"How's the little guy doing?" Gaia asked as she quietly tipped into the room.

"Fine. He's sleeping."

Her soft footsteps got louder as she neared and I stood to grab Nicolai a pair of socks for his cold feet.

"You know you ticked him off this morning."

My eyebrows pulled to the center of my wrinkled forehead as I kept my back turned to her and my eyes down into the drawer of the oak wood dresser.

"So?"

"So...the way I see it, you're gonna need that favor from me sooner than later."

I heavily slammed the drawer closed and shot daggers at the woman across the room.

"What did you find out Gaia?"

"Hmm, I don't know. I might've heard that we're all going back to Jersey day after tomorrow."

"What time? How are traveling- private plane or...?"

Gaia held her hand out as if begging, "You want more- I need more."

Im already not sleeping with him. Which is more a favor to me than to her.

"What else do you want?"

Gaia's glazed stare migrated to Nick's sleeping face as her expression softened while a gentle smile curved the corners of her mouth.

"Let me take care of Nicolai." -Her words passed her lips as begs- "At least until you get out of here."

I protectively sat on the bed hiding Nicolai behind my back as I mulled over her offer.

"Look, I'm not the woman from that rocking the cradle movie, alright. I'm not tryna take your kid. J-Just give me the chance to be a mother."

"I don't know Ga-"

"I mean, I could always just keep the info I get from Adrian to myself, or maybe not even get it from him at all. The sex is much better without conversation anyway."

"Stop. I don't w-wanna hear that." I sighed disgustedly as I waved my hands and rolled my eyes.

"So yes?"

"Fine, but nothing weird or I tell your boy toy about my 'accident'." I agreed and held up my bandaged arm.

I reluctantly traded spots with her while handing her the socks I held in my hand.

"Of course. You can trust me." Gaia insisted as she placed one hand on my shoulder and the other on her heart.

My shoulders shimmied, shaking her off.

"Like I said, nothing weird."

"Don't worry. Oh, by the way, here." -she handed me a cell phone- "Its untraceable."

I rolled the device in my hands as the metal electrified my pulse and sent my heart racing.

Our ticket to freedom. Finally.

A/N: Thank you guys for reading. Almost at 4K ♥️♥️ love you much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7M 182K 104
π’π‘πž 𝐒𝐬 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐒π₯, 𝐬𝐑𝐞 𝐒𝐬 𝐬𝐒𝐧. Valentina Rossi was taken away from her father and brothers to keep her safe by her mother, but he...
46.2K 1.8K 24
-𝐀 πŒπ€π…πˆπ€ π‘πŽπŒπ€ππ‚π„- ~𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 πˆπ‹π‹πˆπ‚πˆπ“ π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’~ [CAN BE READ AS STANDALONES] ~β€’~ 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀 π‘π”π’π’πŽ A...
57.6K 1.6K 63
In a world full of darkness love has no place nor no strength of survival. A Girl with a dark past and A ruthless mafia boss; two worlds come crashin...
88.3K 1.8K 16
Alessandra had always been in the dark about her family. Her mother made sure of it. She never told her anything about her father, her mysterious jo...