CHRONOS ⧗ {Shadow and Bone}

By Hazel_Writhe

☽⧗☾ ➤ ❝I know your secret, now you're in my hands.❞ -- ➤ ❝And I know your life story, so who's actually in w... More

☽PLAYLIST☾
☽AESTHETICS☾
✦ один⼁The Red Kefta
✦ два⼁A Searing Light
✦ три⼁The Little Palace
✦ четыре⼁Game of Survival
✦ пять⼁Library of Shadows
✦ шесть⼁Caught In the Web

☽PROLOGUE☾

3K 80 2
By Hazel_Writhe

☽⧗☾

It was a really difficult task to hide in plain sight when you look like the enemy. My parents were Shu, but I grew up my entire life in Ravka as a rogue. I knew what I was. I knew what I meant to others and I knew the weight I'd carry if I were to expose myself.

In a world where a small portion of the population was gifted, blessed with magical abilities. I, who had one of the most powerful gifts of all, chose to hide within the ranks of the first army, in order to survive a world where war was an everyday occurrence and only the cunning could survive Its aftermath.

Fortunately here nobody thought of my kind as a saint. In times past maybe there was another one like me, but written in story books and legends the sun summoner was the only one they would look for.

But apparently not for long. For how do saints become saints, and how do legends make history.

I mostly lived out in the woods, every night climbing on trees to find some place to rest before as the sun rose I was already moving on to the next. Until one day I came across a camp of Druskelle warriors harboring others like me to stand trial. A trial of unfair and dangerous standards. Their people thought of us as witches, monsters who killed their people and seduced them with our gifts for nefarious purposes when in reality they were just afraid of anything that was different. The unknown scared them, opinions who weren't their own frightened them to their bones.

In their eyes everyone else who wasn't like them was the enemy. They tortured everyone of my kind, sometimes taking to rape and murder for the crime of just existing.

They were complete savages.

So I destroyed them. I killed each and everyone of them with a slice of my sword. Then with the bodies all scattered across the grassy floor, I freed the prisoners and left shortly after. Never sticking around for long after every kill, they were powerful enough to escape and if they were recaptured it was not my problem.

It was quiet on most days, with only the sounds of nature and its creatures surrounding the green scenery. Food I wanted I got through hunting and when the hunting wasn't good on the off days I would have to steal from nearby marketplaces or in worst cases just keep the hunger at bay.

Days passed into weeks and weeks passed into months. My actions that day did not go unnoticed, especially with my nack for going for another round. I just couldn't see all those actual barbarians kill my own people over something as pathetic as fear and hubris. It seemed that Druskelle loved to camp and reside in the areas I hunted on, so honestly it felt they were coming to me.

They were just unlucky to meet the sharp side of my blade.

After a while I got a certain reputation, The Silent Killer, or as the Shu say.

Kira.

They may have got that inspiration after all the murdering I did in my spare time, but it wasn't like they didn't deserved it. Other ones, from my kind, thought of me as their savior, a hero masked in silence, saving their own when their own couldn't save them. Nobody knew how I did what I did, one minute I was there and the next all the perpetrators were dead.

In the local markets, people talked. The Silent Killer strikes again, more slaughters in a matter of seconds, could this unknown being be Grisha or was it something more?

As my reputation got more popular and questions started to arise, the more people started to look for me. Destroying my quiet life, to one of hiding and running. I was a runaway.

I could not let them find me, could not let them test me, could not let them figure out what I was.

The woods weren't safe anymore, everywhere I went was being monitored for any signs of me. The second army and the crown needed to control this mysterious entity, or in most cases needed to make sure I was on their side. With their own territories surrounded by their enemies the more powerful ones of our kind the better.

My "fame" was getting too much, some even comparing me to their sankta, more powerful than the sun summoner they said, and yes they may have been correct but I wasn't going to take the responsibility for the people who hate others with my face, for people that I didn't know and especially not to be a mere pawn to the Darkling.

Especially not to him.

For time tells no tales, for it could not share it's secrets.

But time does not forget.

And they who are eternal

They who live forever

always remember.

☽⧗☾

NOTE: I have not read the books, this story is purely based on the Netflix adaptation. It will go on till season one, and will only continue after the second season comes out. So this will be a shorter story!

For the ones that are waiting for a new chapter of Zephyros to come out don't worry I haven't forgotten about it, I was just busy with everything else in my life but I'm back and will soon post another one!

I hope you guys will like this one too, really exited for it! Ever since I binged the entire Shadow and Bone series lol. Anyways thank you all so much, and here it is CHRONOS.

☽⧗☾

☽⧗☾

❝I see my red door, I must have it painted black❞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.1K 2.6K 19
"She is all I have." "Not anymore." - Anastasia Starkov has known nothing other than her sister and her best friend. When Alina gets ta...
524K 22.6K 101
Blood is thicker than water. For some, this is a truth that can never be overcome. Yet nothing is infallible when burdened by unimaginable hardship...
4.4K 201 10
❝even the devil couldn't help falling for the angel❞ [Shadow and Bone][General Kirigan/Darkling] Emelyne Ivetta, the first Nature Grisha of her kind...
28.4K 844 21
❝i want you to touch me there make me feel like i am breathing, feel like i am human ❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇... on the alter of the devil, up is down, pl...