Hunter x Edric - The Owl House

بواسطة Rose_Vinex_11

[This is so bad I swear please don't do this to yourself, don't read it.] Hunter was locked in his room, aga... المزيد

Prologue - Plan
Chapter One - Teenage Dirtbag
Chapter Two - Chaos and Poetry
Chapter Three - Trouble in Paradise
Chapter Four - Window to Heart
Chapter Six - They Think He's Dead
Chapter Seven - From Me to You
Chapter Eight - The Day Turns Night
Chapter Nine - Flowers in Your Eyes
Chapter Ten - The Owl Strikes Back
Epilogue - Marigolds

Chapter Five - Golden Blood

2.9K 81 99
بواسطة Rose_Vinex_11

"Emira, I'm not playing around anymore." Edric said darkly.
"So I take it you're going to continue your little rescue mission?" Emira asked. Edric nodded.

A few minutes passed and a "criminal" came running out of the castle.
"You'll never catch me!" They yelled.
The guards at the door started running after the criminal quickly with their spears, only two remaining. The criminal was just an illusion created by Emira, who giggled as she suddenly gave the criminal a dragon head and fire breath to mess with the guards. Edric dropped down from his palisman and hit one of the guards on the head, causing their skull to come into contact with their brain, the guard collapsed to the ground.

The remaining guard attempted to hit Edric, and succeeded, but Emira dropped down from behind and held her staff down on their neck from behind, strangling them. Once they passed out Emira gently set the guard down.
She stopped her circle magic so the guards who had chased the illusion criminal thought that they had gotten away into town.

"Come on! His room is upstairs on the left!" Edric called. He began creating an illusion that caused him to look like a guard. Emira nodded and did the same illusion and they walked into the castle.
They figured that if they walked in and acted like they had something important to do, people will probably think that. So that's what they did.
They walked quickly through the hallway.

"Steve! There's been an accident in the kitchen! We need an extra set of hands!" A guard said to Emira and rushed towards the kitchen.
"Yep! Yes, I'm Steve and I'm on it!" She said and quickly followed the guard to not look suspicious. She looked back at Edric as she walked away. Edric nodded and continued moving.

"Oi mate, whot are you doin' back here?" A guard said in the most unbelievable British accent.
"Yeh' shouldn't you be a' your post?" The other guard said.

"No, the emperor asked me to..." Edric paused. "Retrieve the Golden Guard for a special mission." He said quickly.

"Right...al' right then. Go ahead." The guard said and stepped aside so Edric could pass.
Edric thanked the guards and walked on. The room must be openable from the outside.
He made his way to the door. And without hesitance, he unlocked it and pushed the door open.
What he saw was seemingly straight out of a Disney fairytale. A beautiful Princess locked in a tower...

The room was dark and little particles of dust could be seen in the air. There were stacks of books around the room and papers about wild magic and such thrown around. The floor itself though was clean. There was a little bunny rabbit doll next to his bed and a pile of books. His bed was messy so was his shelf that had an assortment of things on it.
Hunter was wrapped in a blue blanket and sitting under the window. The curtain was closed and he was curled in a ball.
"Hunter!" Edric said softly and walked towards him. Hunter gasped quietly. He recognized that voice...

"Edric?" He asked.

Edric stopped the illusion.

"You...you didn't leave?" He said.
"No, I couldn't leave...not without you. Me and Emira were able to trick the guards. We can leave, and you don't have to live in fear any longer." Edric said and bent down to be in front of Hunter, who was sitting on the floor.
Rascal flew down from the shelf and happily chirped at Edrics arrival.

They held hands for real that time. Hunters hands were trembling and cold, Edric was determined to help his lover.
That reminded him...
"Wait, when you closed the curtain you said that you—"
"Yes-I-did-and-I'm-sorry-if-I-made-you-uncomfortable!" Hunter said quickly, all his words phased into one as he turned as red as the blood moon.
"I wasn't uncomfortable...hearing that from you made me...happy." Edric said.
"Really?" Hunter asked quietly. Edric nodded reassuringly. They leaned in closer. Hunter suddenly pulled Edric into a hug. Hunter was blushing madly but managed to keep his composure enough to speak.
"Thank you, Ed..." he said.
"I love you too." Edric replied, referring back to what he said at the window.
After they separated Edric said, "so what do you say? How about we blow this popsicle stand?" He said and smirked.
"I'm down for that." Hunter said and winked.
The two stood and prepared to leave.
Edric began using his illusion magic to turn into a guard. "Woah!" Hunter yelped as he saw him transform before his eyes. Rascal flew down and settled onto Hunters shoulder.
"Come on blondie, let's get a move on!" Edric said as they happily walked.

Edric began to pass the two guards from earlier. Once they had passed one of the guards quickly but lightly poked Edric in the back. The spear must have had some enchantment on it because his illusion shattered, revealing his true identity.
The guard who hadn't attacked gasped. "Liar!
You're not a part of the emperors coven!" The guard said.
"Yea' no kiddin' Fred!" The guard who had attacked said.
Hunter and Edric looked at each other for a moment.
"Run." Hunter said, and with that word they were already running down the hall with the guards trailing them.

"Guys! We have a code 103!" A guard yelled, it could be heard echoing through the hallways of the castle. Even in the kitchen.
"So...What's a code 103?" Emira asked as she helped clean the kitchen. She became surprisingly fond of the guard she was helping clean up. Apparently something exploded in the kitchen.
"Uh...I think it was Coven staff is being kidnapped I think. Probably just another drill." They said. Emira giggled. "Mind if I check it out?" Emira asked.
"Go for it, Steve. Just tell me if it's a drill or not when you get back." The guard said.
Emira left and rushed to find her brother and their boyfriend.

"Why are there so many of them!" Edric yelled as he fought off the guards with Hunter by his side. "I know, right? Talk about over-staffed." Hunter replied. Rascal had turned into a staff so he was using that to help fight off the clusters of guards.
Emira turned the corner to try and find her brother and Hunter.
"Emira!" Edric called out with a smile, dropped his guard. A guard from the other side threw his spear as his torso.
Hunter just barely stopped it by grabbing the staff of the spear before it hit.

"Edric! We've got to go, now!" He said, referring to Edric almost being impaled. Hunter tossed the spear away.
"Right!" Edric said.
"The windows in the kitchen are broken, we can get out through there!" Emira said and gestured for them to follow her. Edric was still invested in the fight, so Hunter ended up grabbing his hand and pulling him away.

They made it to the kitchen unharmed, luckily. "Stay back!" The guard who was cleaning the kitchen yelled and held up a kitchen knife.
"London..." Emira said. Emira, in the few minutes she had known the guard, knew her name and that she was fairly sensible.
"Step away from the blond, and put your hands up!" London yelled.
Edric, Emira, and Hunter could hear the thump and cracks of the guards running down the hall.
But a thought dawned on Hunter. They couldn't hurt him because he's the favorite child to Emperor Belos. So if he just stayed by Edric he wouldn't get hurt, right?
Hunter smiled evilly.
"How about you step back, what was it...London?" Hunter said, kind of darkly and stepped towards the guard.
"If you put the knife down and step away then nobody gets hurt, all right?" He said quickly as the thumping heavy metal boots came closer.
London still held their weapon up high.

But in that moment, the guard arrived. They pointed their spears at Emira and Edric.
"Busted..." Emira said in a worried voice.
They began making quick illusions to cause a mist to try and escape.
The mist was dense and Emira and Edric slipped past quickly. But, it snapped away as a spear was thrown at Edric, which caused him to lose focus.
Another spear was thrown, missing by a long shot. And another! Nearly hitting Emira. The guard holding the kitchen knife was paralyzed with fear. Emira rushed to the window and jumped onto her Palisman.
Edric was going to follow, but another spear was thrown.
Everything seemed to go in slow motion.
There was around seven guards, four had thrown their spears leaving three left. Emira was already outside. Three went in, one went out, as far anyone else knew.

"Hunter go! Run!" Edric shouted as they rushed to the broken window for their escape. Another spear went flying and hit the wall beside the window. Two left. Hunter jumped out the window and Rascal turned into a. Staff just in time.
"Edric! Come on!" Hunter called and held out his hand for Edric to grab so he could join him.

Edric ran to the window. It was sort of like running into the light. Running into freedom, happiness. He was so excited to be able to be with Hunter. To have someone like him. He was excited to have someone like Hunter around who made him feel happy. And Hunter was so ready to get away from the nightmare he had been living. He was so excited for his new life as Hunter, not 'The Golden Guard.' Screw that guy, he's a jerk anyways.
He looked forward to being around Edric, spending time with him. Maybe even apologizing to Luz and Amity.
So much to look forward to.
Edric grasped Hunters hand. But in only a second things fell to hell.

Water to a candle kills the flame.

One, Two. No spears left.
Because both of them had hit Edric in the back. He fell out of the window, still holding Hunters hand.

"Don't let go!" Hunter yelled. Edrics hand trembled because of the fact he had 2 spears in his back.

Rascal struggled to stay in the air with the weight of two boys. Emira was panicking. The guards were reaching out of the window to grab Edric and Hunter. It's not like Rascal could just fly away with the weight of the boys. And Edric wasn't exactly holding on much longer.

Hunter looked to Emira.
He looked down at Edric. He wasn't bleeding, but it wasn't an illusion what he saw.

"Drop." Edric said.
The guards were getting closer.
"What?" Hunter asked quietly.
"Drop, and fall." He said quietly.
Hunter panicked and looked at Emira who nodded.
Hunter leaned forward, Edrics weight pulled him clean off of Rascal. They cut through the air as they fall, their hands still locked together.

Hunter started screaming. Edric smiled as him in a snarky way and Edrics palisman that had been hanging around swooped in just at the right time and caught the two.

"OH sUGAR- I'm goNNA PASS OUT-" Hunter said as they slowly made it to the ground.
"Wait! The spears!" Hunter called and looked at Edric.
"Don't worry, Blondie, we prepared." Edric said and grabbed the spears from his back, he held onto them as to not leave behind any remnants that they had possibly not hit the ground. He pulled a hard covered book, a poetry book, from under his shirt that had stopped the spears from hitting him. It was one of the poetry books from the library!
HOLY CRAP POETRY JUST ACTUALLY SAVED HIS LIFE.

"I'm so glad you're ok!"" Hunter said and hugged Edric tightly. Edric giggled.
"Now, my dearest blondie. The danger isn't over yet. They still have to be dumb enough to believe we died. But for now, want to finally see my room?" Edric said, knowing Hunters answer.
"I'd love to." He replied with a smile. Rascal flew down and chirped happily. Hunter nodded and Rascal turned into a staff.

"Guys, they're looking for the bodies, we gotta get out of here." Emira said and flew down on her Palisman.

And so, as far as anyone else knew. Hunter, 'The Golden Guard' was dead. Word never got out about the manner in which he died, but all they knew was that he was long gone.
As for 'Intruders', referring to the Blight twins, the boy was dead. They never knew their true identities, all they did know was that they died. The story after being passed around for days began to transform. Some thought that the green haired boy dragged The Golden Guard to his doom. Others thought that the Golden Guard was running away with the green haired boy. Others thought that it was all just an illusion created by Emperor Belos to cover up some sick story, but the only people who thought that had been locked in the prison for years and got the most twisted version of the story.

Speaking of Emperor Belos, nobody knew how he was taking the news. He had simply locked everyone out of the throne room, and hadn't left since. He seemed more angry about it than sad though. Kikimora chose to not ask, knowing there would be severe consequences if she did. Kikimora herself began to resent Hunter for what he had caused by dying, despite it not being his fault.
The Emperors Coven had lost 2 of its greatest members in the span of around a month, being Hunter and Lilith. But Emperor Belos could find a replacement before the day of unity...right?

_________________________________________

Rose_Vinex, ready for battle!
Hello dear readers!
Half this chapter was pre-written before most of the story so sorry if it's formatted weirdly or things sound kinda out of place. Because I sort of just glued a bunch of scraps together and threw some very detailed glitter on it for this one.

Did you get it?
Did you understand the foreshadowing with the Romeo and Juliet metaphor?

Also I'm gonna name this fanfic, it's gonna be a vote so just vote for the one you think would make a good title. Options are,

•Precious Time

•Golden Days

•Color of Gold

Also, I apologize for the long...long wait. I just really wanted to get this down.
Thank you all so much for reading—

Also I haven't checked for spelling errors soooooo let me know if you see anything grammatically wrong or whatever.

Bye reader!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

24.7K 792 18
A story about how Edric met hunter and how they fell in love as well as their relationship in general. Belos is an asshole, so is kikimora. But edri...
139K 4.3K 53
Belos doesn't trust Hexside much and decides to send his right hand man, The Golden Guard there. Only thing is, The Golden Guard is going undercover...
20.8K 558 11
hello dearest readers, this is my first (ish) experience writing fan fiction so please be patient with me :') anyways! welcome. i notice there's not...
22.8K 506 24
(I'm not a writer this will suck and come from the top of my head so ye-) Edric and hunter both meet in the forest both there cause of trouble at hom...