The Stepbrother (Book 1)| COM...

By MissLynneWrites

Joella Stevens is a straight A student and junior in high school. She's very sweet and soft spoken. Her mothe... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2 : The Reveal
Chapter 3: More of The Same
Chapter 4 : Moving In
Chapter 5: My House
Chapter 6: Homecoming (Part I)
Chapter 7: Homecoming (Part II)
Chapter 8: Homecoming (Part III)
Chapter 9: Punished (Part I)
Chapter 10: Punished (Part II)
Chapter 11: Haden Cooper
Chapter 12: Confused
Chapter 13: Brandon Miller
Chapter 14: Don't Trust Anyone
Chapter 15: Enough
Chapter 16: You Are Mine
Chapter 17: Not asking for permission
Chapter 18: The Truth
Chapter 19: The other Mrs. Cooper
Chapter 20: Blaze
Chapter 21: Duty
Chapter 22: A new side
Chapter 23: Assumptions
Chapter 24: Uncle Rob
Chapter 25: Memories
Chapter 26: Comfort
Chapter 27: The Dungeon
Chapter 28: I want you
Chapter 29: Traitor
Chapter 30: Thank you, Mom
Chapter 31: The Sweetest Gift (Part I)
Chapter 32: The Sweetest Gift (Part II)
Chapter 33: No Assumptions, Just Facts
Chapter 34: War
Chapter 35: The Chase
Chapter 36: Revenge (Part I)
Chapter 37: Revenge (Part II)
Chapter 38: Revenge (Part III)
Chapter 39: Healing
Chapter 40: New beginnings
Epilogue
Author's Note
Blast From the Past I

Blast From the Past II

8K 227 50
By MissLynneWrites

Part 2

Haden

I watched Ella's face and knew exactly what she was thinking about. I grabbed her hand, causing her to turn her gaze to me. I kissed the back of her hand before kissing her cheek.

"I was a jerk, I know." I say while grabbing her chin and turning her face to me. She didn't say anything, just looked at me. I pecked her lips softly, letting my lips linger on hers.

"Jerk is an understatement." Morgan chimed in, causing Ella to pull away and give her a side smirk. "Why were you so mad anyway Haden?" Morgan said, leaning forward and placing her arms on the table, leaning her head on her folded wrists.

I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"Brandon has always been annoying. He saw and heard me say to Ella to save the last dance for me. For whatever reason he wanted to interject. I confronted him the next day at soccer practice.."

"You did?" Ella said, looking at me in shock.

***

"Alright boys, good job Take a 5 minute break and get some water." Our coach yelled at us.

I jogged over to my water bottle and began to chug it down. I placed my bottle down as Brandon made his way over. I watched him as he grabbed his water and began to drink.

"So I saw you danced quite a bit with Joella last night." I started.

He smirked before putting his bottle down and looking at me.

"Yea, it was fun."

I nodded.

"You like her or something?" I asked. Brandon looked at me for a second.

"Yea actually, I do." My jaw set as I nodded my head.

"What, do you like her?" Brandon asked me with a slight smirk on his face.

I laughed.

"Me? Like Joella? Come on Brandon. If I wanted her, I could have her."

Brandon chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm sure you could. Yet, she danced with me most of the night." He said with a wink and walked away.

***

"Haden man, you made her cry." Micah said as we walked down the halls. I shrugged.

"Why are you still bringing this up?" I asked, annoyed.

"Because you were so cold to her. She looked around for you Haden. Where were you anyway?"

"I went to the bathroom. It doesn't matter if she looked for me. She already gave the dance to Brandon. I don't come second to anyone." Micah rolled his eyes.

"Yea, okay..." was his only reply.

We continued to walk down the hall when we started to come up on Ella's locker. She had just grabbed her books and closed her locker. She froze when her eyes landed on me. I made eye contact but kept my face neutral.

"Hi," She said quietly. I would have missed it if I wasn't paying so much attention to her. The meekness in her voice matched the worried look on her face, causing my face to harden more.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Her eyes widened slightly as they darted to Micah and back to me. She slowly nodded.

"Well don't, I don't want anyone seeing me talking to the school cow." I said and kept walking.

"Haden what the hell dude!" Micah said once we were away from Ella.

I shrugged. I knew I was being overly mean but I couldn't get past the scene of her dancing with Brandon, the brightest of smiles on her face.

"I'm done talking about Ella." Micah sighed and shook his head. "One day, you are going to regret how you have treated her."

***

"Hey man, are you going to eat your fries?" Michael asked.

"Yes, go get your own fat ass." I said pushing him away from my tray.

"Whatever." Michael mumbled before getting up and heading back to the line. I laughed as my attention got pulled to the cafeteria doors.

Ella walked in with her friends and...Brandon. I clenched my fist as I watched them walk to a table and take a seat. Ella was all smiles, laughing at whatever Brandon was saying to her.

I was pissed. I swiftly got up and walked out of the cafeteria.

***

"How was school today sweet pea?" My mom asked as I threw my book bag on the floor.

"It was okay." I said with a shrug. "I want Brandon Miller gone."

She paused and looked at me.

"Why, what did he do?" She asked.

"He's going after my Ella." She chuckled.

"Haden, I'm sure the child likes you too. Just talk to her." I shook my head.

"She likes Brandon, I can tell. I want him gone, can't his dad be shipped somewhere else?"

"Haden, I don't th-"

"Never mind!" I said and walked up the stairs.

Walking into my bedroom, I took out my phone and dialed the one person's number I knew would be able to help me.

"Haden! My boy! What made you call?"

"Hi grandpa, I need a favor."

***

"You had Brandon's dad moved?" Ella asked, still looking at me in shock. I nodded.

"Wait, how did your grandpa even get that to happen?" Morgan asked with wide eyes.

"Grandpa has a lot of connections. We can honestly get rid of anyone if we want." Luca added.

Ella looked at me with a face I couldn't read. I scooted closer to her, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Talk to me tesoro." She sighed and looked back down at the picture.

"You made my life hell Haden, all because you felt threatened." I stayed quiet, I could feel she wasn't finished.

"All the name calling, the drinks and food being thrown at me, the bruises. You really did hurt me. I don't understand why you continued to do that. You got rid of him, why continue to be mean?"

If anyone wanted to come and whoop my ass at this moment, I would let them. Back then I was younger, dumber, and selfish. I didn't think about how my actions, how my words affected my sweet girl.

"I know baby, I was a selfish, egotistical dick. I will forever make it up to you." I said before peppering kisses all over her face.

"Yea you were all that and more. And who taught you BDSM because what you did to Ella WAS NOT that! That was just plane assault." Morgan said, causing Ella to kick her under the table.

"Ow!" Morgan jumped and looked at Ella. "I'm sorry Ella, I know you told me in confidence but I had to say it."

Ella shook her head and looked down at her plate. I ran circles down her back, trying to soothe her. I could tell she wasn't enjoying this gift from our parents anymore.

"You're right Morgan. I was young and didn't fully understand BDSM, I just knew what I saw." I said with a shrug.

Ella looked up at me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well that room is dad's room. The first time I came into that room I was 8." I said with a grimace thinking back.

"Like you just walked in?" Morgan asked, confusion laced in her voice.

Luca began to laugh before speaking.

"No, like he opened the door and saw his parents." Luca said with a chuckle. "Poor Haden here was traumatized."

"Yes, it was a sight I would like to burn from my memory. I never went back down there but I started to get interested when I turned 12, I understood more of what I saw and I started to look it up." I paused, I wasn't sure how comfortable Ella was with this topic so I stopped to gauge her expression.

Her eyes were on me, but her face was blank. My eyes ran along her slumped shoulders and I knew I needed to change the subject.

"Enough about that, are we ready for the checks?" I asked and looked around. Ella's shoulders relaxed and she nodded, giving me a weak smile.

"Yea, we're finished." Luca answered.

"Wait! Hold on, I have one more question." Morgan started. "So that's your dad's room? So like you took Ella into a room your dad gets his freak on in?" Morgan asked with her face all scrunched up causing Luca to laugh.

"That's two questions babe." Luca said before kissing her cheek.

"The sheets get changed frequently, fresh unused sheets. He changes out the toys. Nothing I used had been used before." I answered. "Now let's get these checks."

I waved the waiter over and requested our checks. Luca and I paid the bills and we all left out and hopped into my car. The car ride was mostly quiet. Luca and Morgan were tired from their flight and Ella just kept her eyes out the window. I reached for her hand, giving it a small squeeze.

Ella turned her gaze to me and I gave her a small smile which she returned.

"You okay?" She shrugged.

"Tesoro, come on, don't go silent on me." She sighed and looked back out the window.

"I'm okay," She said softly. "I just need a minute."

I kissed the back of her hand and continued to focus on the road. I pulled into my parking spot and we all hopped out of the car. I didn't live on campus anymore, I had my own apartment now. Ella stayed with me most nights but she still had a dorm room, it was part of her scholarship.

Once inside, I pointed Morgan and Luca to their room before following Ella into mine. Ella laid on the bed as she looked out the window. I sat next to her and wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Tesoro, I"

"It's okay Haden." She cut me off. "Like I said before, I'm okay, I just need a minute. I wasn't expecting all of that to come out from a photo album."

" I know, I just don't want you to be upset."

She nodded and looked at me.

"I'm okay, I promise." She said and pecked my lips. "Go. I know you have to get to the stadium for warm ups."

I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to. Coach would have my head if I came late.

"Okay baby, but if you want to continue talking later; I'm all yours." She nodded and I pecked her lips again before grabbing my keys. I walked to the door before stopping and turning to her.

"I want to see my girl in the stands smiling when I look up."

She gave me a genuine smile this time and my heart instantly swelled.

"You got it." I smiled and walked out the door. Walking through the living room I spotted Morgan sitting on the couch.

"Make sure my girl is okay." I told her as I walked to the front door.

"Always." Was her only reply as she stood up and made her way to my room.

I know if anyone could cheer Ella up, it was Morgan. Feeling a little better, I walked out the door and headed to warm ups.

.
.
.

Book 2 is out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 8.2K 56
She's just a normal girl going into her senior year of high school. She has parents who aren't ever really there. But she has the perfect grades and...
984K 43.6K 31
Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't consider family, he's found work and li...
1.3M 50.2K 73
(Unedited) Tyler Jacobs is a bachelor billionaire that loves to fuck and nothing more. He is cold hearted and emotionless so he keep to himself beca...
9.3M 334K 46
[COMPLETED] Ava Spencer, a young woman struggling to find a job and pay off her student debt decides to become a babysitter to the daughter of single...