𝙸𝚜𝚎𝚔𝚊𝚒 𝙶𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚆𝚛𝚘�...

By nur-aiesya-2002

ᴵˢᵉᵏᵃⁱ /異世界/ ⁿᵒᵘⁿ °°°ᴬ ᵍᵉⁿʳᵉ ᵒᶠ ᴶᵃᵖᵃⁿᵉˢᵉ ᶠⁱᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ ⁱⁿᵛᵒˡᵛⁱⁿᵍ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸᵈᵃʸ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ᵗʳᵃⁿˢᵖᵒʳᵗᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵃˡᵗᵉʳⁿᵃᵗᵉ ᶠᵃⁿᵗᵃˢʸ... More

Readers Beware
Prologue
Chapter 2 [I Didn't Even Returned With the Milk]
Chapter 3 [Level 1? Dang, That's Not Good]
Chapter 4 [Woah, An Actual Slime]
Chapter 5 [I Expected More Skeletons]
Chapter 6 [What A Fool I Was...]
Chapter 7 [The Realm of Eophisia]
World Map: Eophisia

Chapter 1 [Since When I'm A Champion?]

90 3 2
By nur-aiesya-2002

The strange men dressed in brown robes paid no mind to Tsubaki's words. Instead, they focused on another man who was dressed in a white robe adorned with golden threads. He was a fully grown man with blonde hair. His sharp green eyes stared intensively at them, calculating.

Tsubaki could take a guess and easily assumed that he was a higher ranking compared to the rest. Though she did raise a brow at the large golden staff decorated with a purple gem at the top that he was holding. Well, that isn't strange at all.

"The spell couldn't possibly have gone wrong..." She didn't like how the white-robed man frowned at them. "Place the sacred weapons before them and see if they'll react to them," he ushered some other men who had carried what seems to be actual weapons. Four men were carrying a single weapon as they approached them. As the weapon was covered with white cloth, Tsubaki caught sight of some old and rusty metal of the worn-out weapons peeking through.

"What do you think you're doing?!" A brunette girl glared at them in caution. Yet they still approached closer as the weapons they held began to glow. The glow grew brighter as each step the men had taken approaching them.

A gasp was heard from a blonde girl that was standing closest to her. And Tsubaki wouldn't blame her as she too was staring in disbelief as those mentioned weapons had floated towards them. What the hell?

All four of them had taken a step back, alarmed that the weapons that were floating right before their very eyes. They were either high or those weapons were really possessed.

"Now, take hold of your respective weapon." The white robe man had ordered them.

"What?" Tsubaki snapped her head at the male. They—she especially wasn't gonna touch some rusty-ass sword just because it was floating right before her. It could've been cursed or something.

"Just do it!" His voice grew louder and harsher until the four girls hesitantly grabbed hold of the weapons. They didn't know these men nor do they know where they are so unable to take any risk, they should follow what they asked of them until they have a better plan of getting home.

Tsubaki's eyes widened as the once rusty sword was now glistening in red and gold. More murmuring and whispered emerged as she along with the other three girls she brought with was holding weapons that now looked polished and new.

"This proves it, they're the four destined champions...." The white-robed man stared intensively at them. Tsubaki flinched when he suddenly shifted his gaze at her. "You have been bestowed the Vermilion Sword. You must be Lord Imlios's Champion..."

"W-What?" The short-haired girl knitted her brows. Who? And she didn't recall being anyone's champion, much less some lord. Her grip on the sword simply tightened.

"And the Amber Bow...it had chosen you, Lord Udenar's Champion." Tsubaki followed his gaze to the blonde girl who was holding a golden bow beside her. Tsubaki watched her in concern as she caught notice of the slight trembling of the girl's knees. Poor girl, she must be terrified.

"And you're Lady Ennja's Champion with the Verdant Axe...." The white-robed man now drifted his gaze to that of the angry brunette.

"You all are crazy..." Tsubaki heard her mutter, still glaring at the men before them. The brunette girl gripped tight on her axe that was in a coat of green. Tsubaki could see that she wanted nothing more than to use that very weapon on these men.

Ignoring the brunette's hostility, the white-robed man simply turned to look at the final girl. "And lastly, Lady Tynulla's Champion, seeing you have been bestowed the Azure Trident..."

The raven-haired girl didn't say a word. She had kept quiet the whole time, merely keeping her vacant stare on the robed men.

After acknowledging them one by one, the white-robed man nodded. "There's no mistake, these are our Heroes that would save our kingdom from peril" he was no longer staring at them, now turned to his fellow robed-men. He commanded, "bring them forth to the King at once!"

"W-Wait hold up!" Tsubaki struggled as they were grabbed forcibly. What king? Last time she checked, Japan is a constitutional monarchy nation with just an Emperor. They had no kings!

Unfortunately, these men ignored their struggles as they proceeded to take them into another room. Tsubaki was so close to biting someone's hand off. She doesn't care where they have been, she's getting pissed and these people aren't helping.

"Where..." The short-haired girl furrowed her forehead, realizing that they were no longer in the dingy and dirty catacomb room but rather a regal throne room. It was filled with people dressed in fancy attires and knights in their metal armour.

Though she did frown more, seeing an old man with a white beard and a jewel coated goldenly crown on his head. He stared at them with purple eyes that had similar calculated glints much like the man before. It didn't take her many clues to guess who he was. This must be the 'King' they spoke of.

"They are young girls..." The man who Tsubaki guessed as the King, said upon the sight of them. She watched as the same white-robed man quickly rushed to his side and whispered something into his ear.

"I see..." Tsubaki caught him muttering under his breath. "Welcome, young maide—er heroes." He greeted them with a wide smile.

Now released from anyone's hold, the brunette girl was unafraid to step forward. "You better start explaining what the hell is going on," she glared at him. "Who are you people and why are we here?"

The knights glared back at the rude tone she had used, speaking with their King. They instantly had their sharp spears pointed right at her in a warning. The brunette girl flinched a little at the sight of the danger. Tsubaki too stared at those weapons with waryness.

"Weapons down." The King ordered which the knights quickly compiled to. "I don't blame them for being angry. I apologise for the sudden summoning but..." His tone had turned grim. "We had called you here, Heroes from another world to help save ours"

"Hold up," Tsubaki raised a hand as if she was a student in class. "Did you say...another world?" She knitted her brows, frowning. "Are you telling us that we're really in another world? With what? Magic? I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe," she crossed her arms. This cult is more delusional than she thought.

"Find it hard to believe you may but we have spoken no lies," the King sighed. "And you must have already realized that you are no longer in your old world," he pointed out. Well, Tsubaki did notice the western-looking town that she caught sight of the outside when they were rushed towards this room. They were no longer in Japan at the very least.

"But why?" Tsubaki asked the question that had lingered in all their heads. "Why us?" Her grey eyes narrowed at the old king. This doesn't make any sense and last time she checked, she didn't touch any cursed items or get run over by a truck.

"We had used an ancient summoning spell to call forth the four heroes to help us vanquish the great evil that threatens our lands. As you can see, the sacred weapons you hold proves that you are destined heroes that are meant to save us...despite our own disbelief." He muttered the last bit but it didn't go unheard by them.

"Your disbelief? What do you mean by that?" The brunette girl raised a brow. Tsubaki also caught the offended tone in her voice.

The King shared a glance at the white-robed man that stood beside him. The man nodded before introducing himself.

"Greeting Heroes, my name is Clef and I am the Royal Archmage," the four girls cautiously looked at him. "To answer your question, it's simply because there has never been a female champion before," he said with a troubled face.

Tsubaki frowned at that, "what do you mean?" She needed more explanation.

The Royal Archmage—Clef coughed into his fist. "The Four Champions have always been summoned each time should the kingdom face great dangers, however...." He glanced at them. "...all previous heroes before had always been males, not once female...until now that is."

The four girls shared a look. If they didn't know any better, he was motioning at something. Tsubaki knitted her brows, getting quite angry, "so what does that suppose to mean? We weren't what you expected and now we are supposed to do what? Risk our lives in something we didn't have a choice in? This isn't some isekai anime," the short-haired girl frowned. While it would be amazing if it was, they were still forced from their homes and now they must risk their lives for a whole new world? That is simply absurd.

Clef stepped forward hastily, "according to the prophecy, only the four heroes that had been summoned would save the kingdom from the evil of the Demon King." He explained.

"D-Demon King?" The blonde girl flinched. They had to face an actual demon king? The girl trembled at the thought.

Whereas, the brunette girl only grew more annoyed. "I don't care about some prophecy, kidnapping is still kidnapping regardless of the intention!" She snapped at them. Tsubaki distant a bit from her, wincing a little at her volume of voice.

"Don't worry, once you defeat the Demon King, you'll be returned to your own world." The King said as to reassure them.

"But what if we were to die?" The silent raven-haired beauty in their group finally spoke up. Her onyx orbs stared intensively at the King. Tsubaki felt a shiver down her spine, glad that it wasn't directed to her. "I don't expect we were to have an easy time with this Demon King...seeing we lack the capability against an older being." She was onto something.

Clef quickly reassured them saying, "don't worry, the sacred weapons that you hold are very powerful, created by the gods and goddesses themselves. So added with the training and experience you'll gain, the Demon King would be no challenge for you four." He smiled.

Though his words only seem to anger the already pissed off brunette. "Like hell, we can do this! You gotta send us back! Get someone else to do your dirty work!" She was practically screaming at them. Tsubaki wouldn't blame her. She too felt like screaming if her anxiety weren't eating her alive at that moment.

Both the King and mage simply looked upon them with dismay. "Unfortunately that is impossible," Clef cleared his throat.

Tsubaki knitted her brows. "What do you mean impossible?" Her voice grew louder. "You were the one who summoned us so you must know a way to send us back!" Great, now she was the one screaming at them.

"Actually we preferred to do so if we could...seeing how you're simply young girls, we couldn't possibly..." The old king stopped himself, sighing. He shifted his gaze away. "However, new champions could only be summoned once all the four previous champions have died in battle..."

His words brought shock to their faces. Their eyes widened in complete terror. Tsubaki even had taken a step back, her knees shaking. "No way...you got to be kidding..."

Hope diminished even more as Clef sadly shook his head. "Unfortunately no."

Tsubaki felt like her legs wanted nothing more than to tumble over at the reality of them never returning home or even die trying. And back to the looks of the other girls, she wasn't the only one.

"Worried not yourself, young heroes!" Clef perhaps had noticed their expression and desperately wanted to reassure them. "As the champions, only you would be able to defeat the Evil Demon King and return home! There's four of you while one of him, the advantage is at your side."

The King nodded, agreeing with his royal archmage. "Clef is correct. Defeat most definitely wouldn't be a part of your future." His smile widened yet Tsubaki found it not as reassuring. "And fear not, young heroes. You'll be handsomely rewarded for your efforts."

Tsubaki wanted to scoff at his words but kept it in. Rewards? She doubts rewards would mean anything if they're dead. Grumbling inside her mind, the short-haired perked up when she heard a sigh from the quiet raven-haired girl. "It looks like we don't have much of a choice..."

"Indeed..." the King could only give them a regretful smile.

"And seeing how we're forced to do this..." Tsubaki clicked her tongue when she spotted Clef flinching at the quiet girl's words. Yeah, he should feel responsible...all of them should. "We should perhaps introduce ourselves..." The nameless raven-haired girl blankly stared at the king. "...I can't just keep addressing you as old king in my head"

Though her words seem to be rude especially towards royalty, Tsubaki could see the rage on the noble and knight's faces. The King instead was amused. "Well, it seems like I have forgotten to introduce myself. Pardon my rudeness, young heroes," he laughed. "My name is Cedus Vermos, the King of Istilan Kingdom, though you may address me as King Cedus or Your Highness."

"Okay, then my name is Yumi King. 18 years old" the raven-haired girl introduced herself. Tsubaki blinked at her name though, forgetting her anxiety for a moment. "Are you foreign?" She couldn't help but blurted those words out. She quickly shut her mouth with her hands. "Sorry if that was rude. It's just your last name doesn't sound Japanese..and..." She sputtered over her words.

Fortunately, Yumi didn't seem to be offended though Tsubaki did find it hard to read her blank face. "It's alright and yes I am. I'm Chinese-American but currently studying abroad in Japan"

Tsubaki's eyes sparkled, "wow! No wonder your Japanese is so fluent!" She praised however Yumi blinked at her. "But I thought I was speaking English..."

"Eh?" Tsubaki blinked back. "But I was so sure..."

"Actually, both of you are currently speaking Istilian, the native language of our Kingdom.'' Clef informed, clearing up their confusion.

"Wait so we weren't speaking Japanese just now?" Tsubaki turned to look at the royal archmage. He nodded at her. She blinked, "since when did I know this language?"

The mage merely sighed at her, shaking his head. "As you four were summoned, I had already cast a spell to help you understand our language."

"Well, aren't that convenient," Tsubaki mused. "Well, I guess I should introduce myself next" she scratched her head. "The name's Futaba Tsubaki...or is it Tsubaki Futaba?" She held her chin before shaking her head. "Whatever, you can call me Tsubaki. And I'm also 18 years old and a full-blooded Japanese," she smiled. "Nice to meet you, I guess"

Tsubaki brightened when she heard the brunette girl sighed, "at least I'm not the only Japanese" Tsubaki's smile grew wider at that. "I'm Kiyo Nishiyama, address me as Kiyo, I don't really care. Same age as you two." Kiyo gestured to both Yumi and Tsubaki who already introduced themselves. She then lightly elbowed the blonde girl who was beside her.

"A-Ah right," she scrambled a bit. "My name is Erina Stein. I'm half Japanese and half German....oh I'm also the same age as well." Erina smiled, feeling less scared now. Tsubaki hummed, that must be either planned or just plain coincidence that all of them were the same age.

Tsubaki then returned her attention to the old king. King Cedus had nodded his head, taking in all their names. "Well, you four must be tired. I'll have you be shown to your rooms. We'll discuss more of the details tomorrow after you four have gotten enough rest," he spoke. A woman dressed in a mellow yellow dress then approached them with a smile.

Tsubaki returned the smile but glancing at her fellow summons, she noticed that they were still quite hesitant. She reached out to grab Erina's hand, who was closest to her. "C'mon, let's take a look at our room."

"Right..." Kiyo hummed, she followed her lead with Yumi quietly following close behind. Even with the sudden trip into another world added with the unfamiliarity, it helped to at least trust those who were in the same predicament. Right?

————————————————————

Author Note:
Hello everyone! For those who have followed my other story, Reincarnation Gone Wrong, you'll recognised some of the characters here!

I did changed some of their background and nationality for plot purposes...think of them alternate version from that of my other story!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please so vote and comment!

Bye2

★ The Kingdom of Istilan
- Ruler: King Cedus Vermos
- Grand Royal Mage: Sir Clef

The Four Heroes:
- Tsubaki Futaba
- Yumi King
- Kiyo Nishiyama
- Erina Stein

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...
2.5K 66 29
I was Reincarnated as a villager in another world...The world where horrors happen...A horror that is brought by the invasive hell. that brings both...
489K 27.6K 59
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...
10.7K 380 28
While walking through the library looking for a good book to read, you find one that's torn and looks old. Pulling it from the shelf, you read about...