King's Bunny ||TaeKook||

By BunTeaHunter

Thump! Thump! Thump! Goes a little bunny on its feet. Who would think that such a creature be acting bigger f... More

1//Thump!
2//Your Majesty
3//Arrow to the Knee
4//Well, hello there
5//Your name
6//Little Hopper
7//Who the hell?
8//Bunny v.s Kitty
9//This might be bad
10//Caught in a Lie
11//Mine
13//My ----
14//Bunny Trap
15//Loathing & Charms
16//His Protectors
17//Maddening Pleasure
18//Puzzled Feeling
19//Thumper
20//How it Started
21//두 남동생 = Validation
22//A Tiger's Epiphany
23//How are you?
24//It wasn't Tea
25//Black Cat = Unlucky?
26//The Ballroom Prologue
27//The Ballroom Pt.1
28//The Ballroom Pt.2
29// The Ballroom END
30//Lucky to Laugh, to Love
31// Where Hearts; Connect
32// The King's Bunny

12//Forgiven

3.4K 226 92
By BunTeaHunter

"How are you feeling? You gave us quite a fright back there, Jungkook-ssi"

"Please, Jungkook is alright"

The older hybrid, who sat next to the bed, let out an amused chuckle at the bunny's words.

"You almost cracked your head on the marbled floor of the castle and all you worry about is how I address you?"

You see, the reason he's all laid out in bed with the Councilor aiding him was due to the fact Jungkook had forgotten about his broken ribs and bleeding thigh.

Not only had his rush of adrenaline left his body, making him feel not only such immense pain that he cried out loud, but also fell unconscious at the loss of blood.

Luckily for him, his Joon hyung was quick enough to realize that his body is ready to shut down and was able to dive in, embracing his body to stop it from making contact with the floor.

Jungkook's cheek flushed a bit, growing a little shy when he sees the hamster's eyes full of amusement at the situation. He lets his body sink lower into the bed, almost hoping to be swallowed whole by it.

Obviously his wish did not come true and had no choice, but to face the Councilor.

"It makes me uncomfortable..."

Jin could only chuckle at the younger's awkward form, decided to give him mercy by changing the topic as he organizes his little med kit.

"How are you ears by the way? I do have to apologize for almost touching them"

"Do not fret, you're forgiven. My ears do still ache at any subtle movements"

"They were too cruel to you.."

Thumper had suffered 2 broken ribs, clawed thigh and a badly bruised back. Unfortunately, his ears also suffered for being pulled too harshly by the predators he fought with.

Bunny ears are their most sensitive part, so being gripped so tightly could've been dangerous and potentially scar them at such intense pain.

Soobin was able to stop the Councilor from physically checking his ears since he was one of the witnesses that had seen how they got treated. He was also the one who carefully bandaged his ears since they're the same species, the younger bunny knows exactly where not to press too hard.

"As long as they got the punishment they deserve, all is well"

"Hoseok took care of them, so rest assured that you have been justified"

The bunny could only watch the older's actions, seeing how he moves objects with such care and grace followed by him humming softly. It could've lulled Jungkook to sleep.

"I have some words to share before letting you take the needed rest" Jin spoke softly to not startle the sleepy bunny.

Chuckling yet again when hearing a small hum of response from the younger, already finding him adorable.

"His Majesty would be visiting you after my leave. He wants to check your condition first before we have a meeting"

Right, they have to carefully discuss how they will announce to the villagers their so called "alliance" with the infamous Thumper. Jungkook sarcastically thinks it will go smoothly with the predators.

At the moment, the bunny is dreading to see the King. He has no energy to deal with his enigmatic and charming eyes, the tiger would be the death of him.

"Must he visit me first? The meeting should be his utmost importance"

"Oh Jungkook" Jin smiled, but this holds a hint of mischievousness that the bunny doesn't like "His Consort will always be his top priority."

What does he mean by that?

Before he could voice out that question, the Councilor is already on his feet. The latter waved him farwell and his gesture was returned, but in a more confused manner.

"Your brother and hyung will be allowed to visit you right after the King leaves, so you have no need to worry about boredom in this room"

"Understood.. but what do you mean by his King's-"

And out the door the hamster goes.

This has only made Jungkook have thoughts about the possibilities of being a Consort. Maybe about needing to earn respect of the higher ups before finally getting the whole meaning of his role.

But that couldn't be right. He just doesn't understand why he's being kept under the dark when this role is specifically given to him, doesn't he have the right to know to properly execute it?

His thoughts has been cut short by a door opening. The bunny could only close his eyes and dig his head further down the pillows as he hears soft leather shoes tapping on the marbled floor, slowly getting closer to his bed.

Jungkook tried his best to control his body from shivering whenever he hears him, his deep sultry voice echoing in the silent room.

"How are your injuries, little hopper?"

The younger still could not decipher why just the King's mere presence affected him so much.

"I am alright, your Majesty"

He felt the bed dipped at the added weight and his nerves are on haywire at the thought of the tiger being so close to his form.

Jungkook dared enough to slowly open his eyes to stare at the King, his throat clogging at such an intense gaze from the older.

What made him shaken is how the said King is furrowing his brows, seeming displeased at him. The bunny was confused at this until the King speak out.

"Have you forgotten your role already, Bunny? Is this your way to disobey your King?"

Ah.. right..

His prey instinct controlled Jungkook, making him absentmindedly turn his head away in submission. Once he realized what he had done, his eyes widened and immediately stared back at his Majesty.

A glint was seen in those eyes and he tried not to make an embarrassing noise at catching a glimpse of it.

"I a-apologize for m-my... my forgetfulness..... my King"

"Forgiven. You are my Consort from now on after all.."

There he goes again.

Jungkook is debating if he should pry his King about the meaning behind such vague words, but he had already took the risk back in the throne room about why he benefits to the Kingdom.

However, the answer doesn't apply to the Kingdom at all. It mostly directs his new connections with the King himself in this role.

The room they're occupying is filled with nothing, but silence. A small pin drop could echo throughout the room and it felt a bit nerve-racking to the injured bunny.

"We would be having a meeting on how to address our current situation to the citizens of our Kingdom"

The bunny looked up when the older spoke out, regarding his use and position in the castle.

"However, we cannot specifically inform them about your role as the Kingdom's Consort. We can only safely say about your alliance and loyalty with your King"

"Will me, being one of your men, leave such a bad impact to the citizens?"

"It's not mainly the reason" the King leaned forward closer, making sure to have direct eye contact with the hybrid in bed "It's mostly your role as my Consort."

Jungkook could only assume the reason behind what the older said is due to the predators' hatred on Thumper. It would cause an uproar if they ever heard about gaining such a role within the castle.

He believes they will be overjoyed to have his head cut off and be served in a silver platter.

That soon made him wonder.

"Will Soobin and I be free to roam around the castle? Won't it be suspicious to see two new bunnies when the whole Kingdom knows Thumper is here?"

It would be more dangerous for his little bunny since everyone has seen Soobin's face. They might hurt his brother and it makes his body quiver at the thought of him being ambushed.

"Do not worry, little hopper. We have made a promise..."

There, the bunny sees the older towering over his body. A hand being placed right beside his head as the King leans closer to his face ever so slightly, making his breath hitched.

The younger couldn't take his eyes off such charismatic eyes and the way those said eyes roamed around his face like he was memorizing every little detail.

The King's face stayed in this stoic look, making Jungkook be unable to read his expression. He cannot figure out just what on earth his Majesty's thinking.

"Thumper's identity will not be revealed until you permitted us to.. your secret is safe with us"

A hand reached out to the younger, only to softly tuck away a strand of hair behind his ear with such feather-like touch.

"I will protect you and your brother, Bunny. Always remember, you are mine and I am yours from this day on... no one could ever touch you"

Taehyung finally gave some space to the suffocating bunny by leaning back and is now facing the entrance door. The whole moment almost felt like a fever dream with how the older acted like it never happened.

The bunny had to blink a few times to process everything, trying to make sure that he's still in the real world.

"In the meeting, we will also discuss how to train you and blend in the castle with no suspicions. Be cooperative, little hopper"

"Understood.."

Silence then came once again and it felt as if that's where their conversation should end. However, the King stayed unmoving.

It was the most awkward minute of Jungkook's life, until the older finally turned. This time avoiding his eyes, but he felt a small touch at the tip of his fingers due to the King's own.

"...I have to apologize"

"For... For what, my King?"

The tiger's actions was a bit unexpected to Jungkook. With the way he plays with his fingers, almost like a distraction for him.

"For not catching you.."

Huh?

"When you fell... I should've caught you.. it just shocked me when.. when I saw your body just.. collapsing"

Oh.

This has given Jungkook a reminder.

A reminder as to why he looks up to the King. Yes, he's a good Ruler with admirable leadership skills and open-minded thoughts for the hybrids.

But he is also kind at heart, making sure all hybrids are well and cared for.

The bunny hid a smile with his other hand as he glances away from the King's form. Ignoring his beating heart, to which he could only conclude his admiration for the white tiger.

"You're forgiven, my King"

•••••••-•••••-•••••••

Now to say Jungkook is upset and bored out of his mind after waking up from a small nap would be an understatement. He is /very/ upset and bored out of his mind, and it's only for one reason.

His Soobinie and Joon hyung didn't visit him!

He could understand the koala hyung's most likely busy getting scolded in the meeting, but also sharing his ideas on what to do with the Thumper situation.

What he doesn't get is his younger brother. The taller bunny might be scared to see his very much angry big brother, but he would still check on him. Especially after seeing such a scary scene of Jungkook collapsing.

Did his baby attend the meeting as well? But the Councilor told him his brother would be able to visit once the King leaves.

Jungkook's bunny ears flattened when glancing all over the empty room. He felt uncomfortable in being at such an unfamiliar place that he's desperate to feel at home again. A pout formed on his lips, almost wanted to whine outloud on how lonely he is.

It seemed like the Gods above had grown tired of his constant cries because the door to his room creaked open, immediately gaining the bunny's attention.

Ears now perked high at the anticipation to know who finally realized his existence within the castle.

He did not expect it to be the Marshal.

"Oh! Marshal?"

"Hey... Thumper"

The younger had no idea what to say to the calico hybrid, not because their first meeting was them almost ready to kill each other in their Majesty's room.

Park Jimin have always admired Thumper for his intentions to justify the prey. Willing to risk his body and life to protect the weak every single day, the older has such high respect for the masked hybrid.

But this time, he's seeing him unmasked and the first impression he had done is almost slashing his face. Don't forget him yelling at the younger for refusing the King's orders and acted like some child with a tantrum right to his face.

All in all...... the atmosphere is awkward as hell and Jungkook wants disappear under the sheets.

"You have no need to call me by that title, Marshal. Jungkook is alright with me"

"R-Right.. and.. Jimin is fine"

"Right..."

Silence.

The bunny now prefers being with the King and the tension they had a few hours ago than this awkward mess with the Marshal. Ironically, this feels more suffocating.

Before he could embarrass himself by asking what Jimin's favorite color is, a flower is presented in front of his face. He almost forgotten the calico walked in with the pretty little thing.

"I.. I came here to apologize.."

Jungkook slowly puts a gentle hold onto the flower. The bunny plays with the petals with a small smile on his face, the fragrance it gives helps him relax.

Since the cat hybrid is closer, the younger took this chance to admire his attire.

It made him wonder if he would also receive such pretty clothes since he now works under the King as his Consort. For now, he enjoys the flower's petals caressing the tip of his nose softly.

And before he could thank the older for the gift. A familiar butterfly knife was put on the sheets where his lower body is covered. His eyes widened, not expecting a weapon being presented to him.

Once he turns to give the calico a puzzled look, he choked on air when he sees the said hybrid kneeling down with his head on the floor.

"I will permit you to punish me by slashing one of my legs for disrespecting you back in his Majesty's room"

"HUH?!????"

It's understandable how jumbled Jungkook's mind is at the bizarre scene that's happening. His poor brain still needs time to properly function when Jimin suddenly stood on his feet.

Only to drape one of his legs on the younger's thighs.

"I insist! If you don't, I would live my whole life filled with nothing, but guilt!"

The poor bunny's head aches at the ridiculous proposition the older is offering to him so willingly and persistently.

So there it starts the onslaught of panicked talking from the Consort and determined one from the Marshal.

"M-Marshal-"

"Jimin!"

"Jimin!" The older squealed when hearing /the/ Thumper say his name and Jungkook's head only aches more "We don't need to result into this!"

"You want both my legs? I would gladly let you-"

"There is no need for punishment! Your words are enough, so you are forgiven!"

"Oh"

Now the sound the calico just made was almost close to disappointment, as if he excitedly anticipates for the bunny's slash and Jungkook has mixed feelings about it.

The younger could only pray not all of the King's men are as weird and crazy as their Marshal. He might regret accepting the role as Consort, take his brother with him and escape the castle.

"Well that settles everything!"

Jimin removed his leg away from the injured hybrid and sat on the chair where the Councilor previously sat. The bunny thought he was mostly here to form an apology, so for the Marshal to still stay by his bed only means he's not leaving anytime soon.

Great..

Is it too late to form some sort of resignation letter to the King and disappear from the Kingdom forever?

*******•*****•*******
Author-nim:

You could guess Thumper's first day isn't turning out to what he expected it to be. Also, have you searched what exactly a Consort means? You can have the choice to either surprise yourself or not.

It's been a while! I had to finish a book and now I'll be more focused on this one! Hopefully, you all enjoy these characters and their shenanigans in future chapters 💜

Thank you all for reading! 💛

CREDITS:
All Images: PINTERST

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...