A Court of Wings and Fate

Par LeeraIvy

Some say that everyone's fate is already determined. If that's the case, Estelle Marzena is greatly disappoin... Plus

Author's Note & Maps
1. Ambitious Goals
2. Inciting Fights
3. Advice and Congratulations
4. Familiarity
5. Friends and Family
6. Displeasing First Impressions
7. Falsified Rebuttal
8. Growing Trepidation
9. Uneasy Beginnings
10. Unforseen Infuriants
11. Holding Grudges
12. Defense
13. Breaking The Ice
14. Forcing Circumstances
15. History and Healing
16. A Mother's Woes
17. Leathery Distractions
18. Advice for Rites
19. The Shadow's Angel
20. Sentimental Plans
21. A Family of Artists
22. Listing
23. A Deal is a Deal
24. Goldenhearted Teasing
25. Admitting Concerns
26. Flocks and Swarms
27. Shadowy Touches
28. Unspoken Words
29. A Shadowsinger Sings
30. Longing Moments
31. Gasping for Breath
32. Heartfelt Tensions
33. Fears of the Heart
34. Troubles Present and Future
35. Apologetic Consideration
36. Snowfilled Days
37. Unwanted Gestures
38. Locked Up Past
39. An Angel's Worship
40. Siphoning the Truth
41. A Gift From the Heart
42. Private Agendas
43. Tearful Completion
44. Spread the News
45. Ghostly Assailants
46. Gory Futility
47. Strained Relationships
48. Revival and Truth
49. The Prince's Proclamation
50. Cruel Interruptions
51. Facing Ridicule
52. Surfacing Doubts
53. Teamwork
54. Crushing Debris
56. Facing the Consequences
57. Vendetta
58. Deciding Claims
59. Unexpected Surprises
60. Emergence of the Unnatural
61. Pointless Deaths
62. Bloodshed
63. Lost and Found
64. A Promise of Power
65. Over the Edge
66. The Final Steps
67. Homecoming
68. United At Last
69. Path Paved by Stars
Thank You
A Court of Ash and Necromancy
Beyond the Books

55. Fountain of Dawn

695 36 17
Par LeeraIvy

    Mikael couldn't sleep, even after they reached the summit of the mountain. The Fountain of Dawn delved into a lake at the base of a cliff. Come morning, he would fly up the cliffside and reach the very crest of Aurora, where the Fountain originated.

    Estelle was sound asleep beside him, her hair damp and frizzy from the clouds and mist that coated the ground. Mikael couldn't wrap his mind around this place. There shouldn't be clouds. There shouldn't be grass. It shouldn't be warm. Somehow, it possessed all of those things.

    Beneath the clouds swirling around them was soft, miraculously dry, grass. The air was just as warm as on a summer morning. Stars shone brightly overhead. The sky was tinged pink in the east. Mikael sat up, swallowing hard.

    They had actually made it. He was going to drink from the Fountain of Dawn. He almost couldn't believe it. Mikael glanced at Estelle as she shifted in her sleep. Most of her scratches from the landslide were gone, thanks to her accelerated Illyrian healing, which was mostly unaffected by the spells and wards on the mountain. His own injuries had vanished as well.

    Mikael pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh. He'd been such an idiot, ignoring the panic she felt. His stupidity nearly cost both of their lives. He brushed his knuckles over her cheek and shadows crept up his arm.

    Estelle blinked her eyes open with a yawn. "Is it time?" She asked, her words slurred by drowsiness.

    "Yes." She sat up and Mikael wrapped an arm around her shoulders, kissing her temple. "I'm sorry about yesterday."

    Estelle smiled, her eyes half closed. "You've apologized over one hundred times at least."

    "And I won't be able to apologize enough. You were panicking and I ignored you. I nearly got us killed."

    "Mikael, don't." She rested her head on his shoulder. "You were an ass, but I know this has been difficult for you in a variety of ways. You've apologized and we're all right. There's no need to dwell on it any longer."

    Estelle stood and began to stretch. Mikael watched her, quietly stroking the Bond. His gaze wandered over her lithe frame. He greatly appreciated the way her leathers hugged her curves. Heat snapped to life within his chest, but he attempted to shove it aside. He'd finally gotten his instincts somewhat under control. Now wasn't the time to lose focus. She would be his completely soon enough.

    Mikael stood and stretched his wings. The sky was growing brighter rapidly, but the sun hadn't risen above the mountains yet. He glanced at Estelle and she gave him a small nod. They spread their wings, leaping into the air.

    They flew up the length of the cliffside, mist from the Fountain wetting their faces. They landed just as the first rays of dawn spilled over the mountains. Mikael's breath caught. The Fountain of Dawn glowed like golden fire in the sunlight.

    "The veins of the Dawn Court itself," Estelle murmured.

    Mikael fell to his knees, drawing in a steadying breath. He cupped his hands in the water and drank. It was cool and crisp. It tasted of sky and breath and sunlight. It tasted of Dawn.

    "I pledge myself to the Court of Dawn," he said, bowing his head. "To protect these lands and these people. To fight for them when they cannot fight for themselves. To serve them as well and as long as I am able. To give my life for them, should the need arise. This I swear, and my vow is true."

    Estelle knelt beside him and drank as well. She did not speak a vow though, and he understood why. Until they were officially mated, she would serve the Night Court first and foremost. She would swear an oath to her people before she'd be able to give one to him and his own.

    Mikael rose, surveying the Dawn Court as sunlight illuminated the land. His heart swelled with pride. He had reached the Fountain of Dawn. He had completed his Rite. He inhaled deeply, closing his eyes.

    This Court was his and always would be, regardless of what people said. His people would see him for who he really was someday. If they didn't, perhaps he would learn to see past their prejudice. It would be difficult, but he could do it. This was just a first step in the right direction.

    Mikael opened his eyes and glanced back over his shoulder. Estelle stood at the edge of the cliff, looking down. "Are you all right?"

    She nodded. "This cliff isn't as far from the ground as that mountainside we were scaling yesterday. Besides, there's a lake at the base of it." A thoughtful look filled her eyes. Estelle began to unbuckle her leathers.

    Mikael raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

    "I'm going swimming." She threw her leathers at him, then her jumpsuit, leaving her dressed only in her undergarments. Estelle took a running leap off the edge of the cliff. Mikael peered over the side in time to see her dive gracefully into the lake.

    He shook his head with a grin. This lake is formed by the most sacred waterfall in the Dawn Court and her first thought is to go swimming, Mikael laughed to himself. He flew down from the cliff and set Estelle's clothes atop a boulder. He removed his own before joining her.

◦═══✦═══◦

    The water was warmer than Estelle had expected. She dove beneath the surface, using her wings to propel her faster through the water. It was clear enough that she could see the bottom, dozens of feet below. There didn't appear to be fish, snakes, or animals of any kind.

    Estelle lifted her head above the water, drawing in a deep breath. Mikael was nearby, looking the other way. The shadows whispered a mischievous plan in her ear. She dove again, swimming towards him. Estelle grabbed his ankles and jerked him under. She heard him yelp in surprise. They both surfaced, shaking water from their hair.

    "You wicked little thing!" Mikael gasped.

    "I thought you found wicked things attractive," she teased. Estelle wrapped her legs around his waist and rested her hands on his shoulders.

    "I do." His voice carried a low rumble. Estelle felt one of his drenched wings curiously. His feathers were still soft, despite the water trickling off them.

    She recalled the way he had been kneeling beside the waterfall as bright rays of sunlight flooded the sky. His feathers had shone with a golden glow of their own. She'd wanted nothing more than to stroke his wings and press her cheek against their soft feathers. Estelle held Mikael's gaze, letting the image cross the Bond.

    His eyes softened as he drew her lips down for a thorough kiss. Estelle took both sides of his face into her hands, matching his energy hungrily. Mikael backed towards the shore. She kept her legs hooked around him. She kissed the corner of his mouth and began to trace his jawline with her lips.

    They reached solid ground and clouds hovered around their feet as Mikael set her down. Estelle draped her arms around his neck, still kissing him. Mikael braced a hand on the small of her back, easing her onto the clouds, and the soft grass beneath them. One of his hands moved to the nape of her neck as he kissed her.

    Estelle tasted the length of his neck, scraping her nails lightly over his shoulder blades. Mikael fitted his fingers into the curve of her wing and she breathed a soft groan. His fingers went higher.

    "I haven't taken you like this yet," Mikael whispered. He slid his hand beneath her thigh, lifting her leg back up to his hips. "On your back, completely unclothed." He kissed the curve of her breast, but didn't touch the soaked fabric that was hardly covering it.

    "Do you want to?" Estelle asked. His fingers dipped into the apex of her wings. She moaned, arching her back and pressing her hips into his. Heat pooled in the pit of her stomach.

    Mikael nuzzled her neck, dropping soft kisses onto her skin. "Yes." Estelle rolled her hips against his. Her body tingled at the sensation. "Mother above, yes," he rasped. He ground against her, and a needy ache spread between her legs, feeling the hard spot between his own.

    Estelle began unlacing his pants while he set to work on her undergarments. Mikael kissed her all the while, his fingers never missing a beat. When she was, at last, bare beneath him, Mikael shifted his kisses away from her face and neck.

    He kissed her collarbone, tracing the divot with his tongue. He licked the hollow of her throat and nipped at her skin, catching it between his lips. Mikael ran a finger down her center and followed the burning invisible line with his lips. He kissed her sternum, her stomach, her inner thigh.

    Estelle's breath came in short gasps. Mikael shifted again and she hooked her arms around his neck. He kissed the spot below her ear as she kissed his jaw and temple. Estelle buried her face in his hair, breathing in his arousing scent, morning dew and crisp mountain air.

    Mikael nudged her legs farther apart, holding her against his chest with one arm. "Ready?" He whispered in her ear. Estelle nodded. She tipped her head back with a moan as he thrust inside her. Mikael hauled his lips to hers, kissing her desperately as their bodies fell into a smooth rhythm.

    He moaned into her mouth when she instinctively clenched around him. Estelle held onto him with one arm and let the other fall to his waist. She dragged her nails up his back and Mikael's breath hitched. He pulled out, then slid in again, and Estelle whimpered against his neck.

    "I love you," Mikael murmured huskily. He layered kisses on her lips and the sensitive spot below her ear. Estelle just clung to him, letting herself match his unhurried movements. "Fuck, Love," he moaned.

    Estelle whimpered again. "Mikael."

    "What do you need?"

    "Harder," she rasped breathlessly.

    Mikael pressed his forehead against her shoulder as he thrust again, driving himself harder, deeper, into her. Estelle moaned, pleasured shudders wracking her body. "You are beautiful," Mikael whispered. "Stunning. I love you... Fuck. Oh, fuck!" He was interrupted by a moan. Estelle pressed claiming kisses to his neck and shoulder.

    "I love you," she breathed. "Mikael. My mate. I am yours. Please." Estelle held onto him tightly. Mikael kept moving in slow, smooth strokes. "Please!" She whimpered.

    "Use your words, Love. Please what?"

    "Harder, please!" Her chest heaved, rubbing against his. She shivered, her body tightening with need. "Please, Mikael. Please!" Estelle moaned in his ear.

    He echoed the sound, shuddering against her. "Estelle..." Mikael drove into her harder still. Estelle cried out and kissed him. "Fucking Cauldron, you feel so good, Love." Mikael gave a strangled moan, and the sound was her undoing.

    Estelle arched her back, tightening her legs around his waist as she climaxed. She gasped and moaned while Mikael continued to move in and out of her in hard, steady thrusts. He was sweating and shivers wracked his body. Estelle didn't let herself go limp when her climax was past. She held onto Mikael and rolled, pinning him beneath her.

    He held her by the hips as she began to ride him from on top. Mikael dropped his head onto the cloud covered grass, his moans ringing through the air. Golden light emanated from his skin and the Mating Bond seemed to shine brighter in her chest.

    Estelle leaned forward, capturing his lips with her own. Mikael arched into her, his breath coming in short, heavy pants. His love and desire poured over the Bond, and Estelle let her own flood it as well. Mikael cupped her cheek in one hand, the other lingering on her hip. He kissed her deeply, pausing only to groan with pleasure.

    "Estelle!" He moaned again and she smoothed curly brown hair from his damp forehead. Mikael held her gaze, his chestnut eyes simmering with love.

    Estelle pressed her forehead against his as he climaxed. Mikael closed his eyes, crying her name reverently. His body shuddered with release. Estelle kissed his cheek, the corner of his mouth, his lips. He gulped down deep breaths as she moved off of him.

    Mikael wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her back onto his chest. He buried his face in her hair, simply holding her as he rubbed gentle circles on her back. Estelle pressed another soft kiss to his lips. She didn't protest when he folded his wings over her, embracing her tightly.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

31.1K 630 14
|| Highest ranking: #9 in protection ⚔️ #1 in A Court Of Thorns and Roses🌹 #7 in Sarah J Maas 🧝🏼‍♀️ || "What?" Rhys asked, frowning at Mor. She s...
134K 5.4K 58
Eblis survived years of torment in the hands of Hybern, an enemy continent disrupting the peace of Prythian and the Human Realms below it. She suffer...
26.9K 1.3K 55
Two years have passed since Mikael Anik and Estelle Marzena survived the Illyrian Blood Rite and were mated. They've finally settled into their new l...
17.8K 495 25
A Cassian and Azriel pairing. There is unrest in the Illyrian camps, and a troubling silence from the Hewn City. Azriel hasn't been able to get his s...