You'll Never Know

By SimplyAWriter_D

Broken...A word Alex Mathews never really understood. Alex was always the happy, popular, confidant girl. Tha... More

You'll Never Know
New Home
First Day In Hell
I'll Be There For You
Midnight
Secrets
A Terrifying Discovery
The Obvious
Weird Things
Guess Who's Back
Baby?!
I know you remember me!
My Baby
Out In The Open
Realization
Encounters with the past
A Chance
Secret Meeting
Explanations
Freak Out
An exhausting day
Not Ready To Make Nice
what I've done
Take Care Of Her
Broken Mate
A New Start
An Alliance
Closure

He's Not Sane

44.9K 1.3K 47
By SimplyAWriter_D

So this is not the last chap :O I thought it would be but its not so yaaaayyyy I THINK the next chap is the last one.

So the song is 'Comatose' by Skillet. I think it kind of describes Grant's mentality or maybe I'm an idiot...probably the latter but I don't know :P

Anyway this chapter has a twist I don't think anyone expected...I think.

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

===========================

Alex's P.O.V.

As soon as I was sure he was far enough I grabbed the wooden chair and threw it at the door as hard as I could but it barely broke. I tried again and again till the chair was in pieces. but I didn't do it to try and break the door, it was to break the chair.

I went to the broken pieces and searched through them till I found a sharp one. I put one in the back of my pants under my shirt and as a precaution I put another one in my boot. I wasn't about to sit and be defenceless. I was going to do my best to defend myself even if he is a werewolf. I wasn't going to go down easily.

I took the broken chair to the other room so he wouldn't see it upon entry and went and hid in the closet, hoping that when he came I'd catch him by surprise. So I just sat there; heart racing, palms sweating, thoughts racing, waiting for him to come. Knowing I wouldn't survive this another time

Kyle's P.O.V.

"What do you have for me, Logan" I asked as I walked in my house to where I knew my dad was. Cole had went back to his pack house to organise a search party to help us. 

"No sign of her, they searched Cole's place and every square inch of ours and now they're on outside territories. We can't find her, Kyle"

at the sound of my name I heard feet running down the stairs and El came straight away, her eyes teary and looking panicked "Kyle you have to knock some sense into Logan. No one is calling the police, he kidnapped her."

"We did call the police, El." I said giving Logan a nod "I just talked to them." I was so thankful that one of my men was the head of the police department had came back from his honeymoon. Logan hadn't known that so I understood his hesitation, we had other wolf officers but the person in charge wouldn't be a wolf, but a human. And he would have led the investigation and we didn't need that on our heads as well. 

"Good, good. I can't believe this happened. Oh god, Alex. she doesn't deserve this"

I nodded, taking a deep breath t reign my wolf in. "You're right she doesn't. Now if you'll excuse me" I walked ahead of her. I walked to my office to see him looking at maps. "Any possible places he could've taken her?"

my dad turned to me "I've been searching, son. But there's a lot of places he could've went."

I growled and punched the wall in my frustration. It was trying to look for a needle in a haystack. I rubbed my temples and just forced myself to calm down and think clearly. And then I had an idea and I hoped it would help.

"Call Grant's parents. They came back with him right? Get them to come here, now"

My dad nodded and went to his phone as I paced, hoping Id get something about Grant from his parents.

It didn't take long before two wolves came stumbling through my office door. They were both middle aged with brown hair. The man had blue eyes wile the mother had hazel. "Why are we here?" The man asked "They wouldn't tell us and just told us the alpha wanted to speak with us" he looked at me "How may we be of service, alpha?" he bowed his head in submission.

"You now about your son's escape after we found out he had violated my mate. And now he has kidnapped her. I want you to tell me every detail or idea of where he might be"

The mother looked at me with tears in her eyes "This isn't our Grant, Alpha. You knew how he was before we moved. He was a good person. But, we never told anyone about what happened that year we spent in New York for my mother's health."

"What happened?"

She looked at me sadly "Grant found his mate"

I looked at her in shock and then anger "Then why did he do what he did to my mate?" I asked in my alpha voice knowing they'd tell me either way but it helped my wolf in knowing he had some control.

"She was in a pharmacy and a man walked in and wanted to take drugs but he didn't have a prescription so the pharmacist wouldn't give it to him. So he pulled a gun on him and shot him, he took the drugs and was about to leave when he saw Penelope, Grant's mate. He shot her and I know a shot wouldn't kill us except if it was in the head or heart but Penelope was human." she started crying and her husband tried to comfort her. 

He looked at me before continuing where his wife left off. "When Grant got the call that Penelope was shot he ran to the hospital but he was too late. The doctor told him she had died because the bullet had a lot of major organs and she bled for too long. And then he...he offered his condolences for his girlfriend...and his baby" 

he took a deep breath, his eyes watering before he continued "Apparently, Penelope wa buying a pregnancy test from the pharmacy because she wasn't sure but a test confirmed it. Penelope was pregnant with Grant's child and he didn't even know. Grant went crazy, he blamed everyone for her death and eventually found who the person who shot her was and killed him. But he was never the same after her death. he kept drinking and using drugs and being involved with the wrong people."

"And then one night" His mom continued without even looking at us, her voice hoarse "He came home, happy. He came in and kissed me on the cheek and asked me how my day went. Just like old times and I thought he was moving on and when I asked him about it he said he met a girl. I was confused because no girl can make him this happy except his mate. Or at least not for a few years so after a lot of questions he admitted that he thought when Penelope died her soul was transferred into a girl. Never mind that she was as old as Penelope he thinks she possessed her body."

"What night was this?" I asked calmly "Were you still in new york? Was it the night I told you about, the night my mate was....was raped."

"Yes" the mom said "I tried to tell him it was impossible but he said he could see it in her eyes that it was Penelope. I think that's why he kidnapped, Alex. Because he was sure she was Penelope, that she was his mate."

"She's my mate" I snarled, my wolf surfacing as I fought him "And millions of people lost their mates none of them acted like this"

"Everyone deals with grief differently. he's not sane, alpha. I'm so sorry for all the pain he put you and your mate through he didn't mean to."

I stayed quiet for a while and glanced at my father who looked like he was in deep thought. After a while of trying to calm my wolf and clearing my head I asked "Is there any place you think he might be? Any idea on where he might've taken her?"

The father shook his head "No, I have no idea. He never told us--"

"I know" The mother interrupted him and looked up at us "I think I know. When we came back here he was still in great spirits and before he ran and we found out what he did. He would go out everyday with a smile on his face. And when I'd ask him where he was going he'd say 'to the cottage near the river' I never thought about it but one day I asked him about it and he said that when he'd get Penelope to be with him he was going to stay with her in the cottage and then travel the world with her because she always wanted that."

"Did he mention where that cottage was?"

"No, it took him two hours to go and come back and with his werewolf speed. I imagine it's far but but much."

"I think I have an idea on where he is" My dad said "I have three places in mind and we'll separate into three search parties."

"Okay, but no one attacks if they think they have the right place. I want them to wait for me." I stood up and looked at the parents "Thank you for your help. I can't promise your son will come back alive. In fact, I really doubt it. I'm sorry but for the safety of this pack and my mate. He needs to either go to a mental institution where there are werewolves who can guard him. Or he dies. I'll try to stop my wolf from killing him but if my mate is hurt in any way, he won't live."

The mother continued sobbing as the dad nodded with tears in his eyes and led her out. I looked at my dad and he nodded at me.

Logan I called through the mind link Gather everyone on the search from our pack and Cole's. I have information and we need to discuss the plan. I'm going to get my mate back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 5.8K 56
... I didn't know what to do... so I did nothing. There I was, sprawled onto the ground. Just looking at the sky. Wishing... praying... pleading that...
555 34 32
Ripped away from the one person who ever truly cared about her, Katherine soon discovers how cruel the world could be. Katherine thought the idea of...
4.8K 156 47
"I can promise you to treat you right. I can promise you everything you need. But I can't ever promise you that I'll be ok." Nearly a week after Harr...
297 38 20
"I never knew that love would be this amazing"I said looking at the beautiful sunset with him by my side. "Sweetheart I also thought love was an unwa...