Draining Mr. Brainy -(DA seri...

By MedievalTomboy

"I'm Tiny." "I absolutely do not think so." "No, my name is tiny." "That's okay; just tell me what it is." "N... More

Things to Know
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue
Dawn - The Midnight Light
Stalking Mr. Cupid
Cracking Mr. Codehead

Chapter 4

1.1K 87 4
By MedievalTomboy

Zorion Nigel Point of View

Signing of the last batch of documents, I sighed heavily as strong headache took over my head.

But it's not the work that is the cause of it in the first place. It's something else; precisely, someone else.

I should've consulted a psychic after the first set of catastrophes' I started facing. I was already having a hard time dealing with the chain of hotels I will be establishing in the southern part of Asia. Just when I was feeling relieved to see my business plans going my way, an asteroid landed on my head.

Giving my PA a cold hard glare, I returned back the papers with a hard push. She gulped down in fear and ran out of my office seeing me in a very bad mood.

This woman is really a hardworking one, of all the PA's I had. For once, she did not flatter me, seduce me or just about do anything that I might get interested in her. She is quite; comes and goes without a sound and just works herself throughout the day.

Sighing for the nth time today, I rubbed my forehead as another wave of ache hit my head from inside. To think that this is the result of spending only an hour with meow, I reminded myself to stay clear with her whole family and extended family if possible.

"But seriously, you had it hard." No hello, no 'how are you doing', he just walked into my office as if he owned me and my building and spoke with mirth swirling in his tone.

"You look battered, dear one." King, my best bastard friend laughed. The endearment he used was the one he always uses for me when he is planning to mock and make fun of me for a long time.

Forget about meow, I will have to kill this one first. He is the reason I considered meeting that berated woman in the first place.

If it wasn't for him, who coincidently read the bunch mails I received from Almond man requesting for an appointment and accepted the request in my stead, I wouldn't have to see this dreaded day.

"Curse yourself for that." I gritted out directing a cold glare towards him.

"Hey, I only gave you an advice to meet and listen what they have to say. How would I know you will meet your sanctuary in the form of a girl?"

Sanctuary?

Is he nuts?

She and sanctuary?

I scoffed humorlessly at him for making my life harder than it already is. As if dealing with billion dollar company and bunch of hotels around the world is not stressing me enough that his suggestion brought a whole new problem for me.

This time, in the form of a girl who looked as harmless as one can, but beneath that face is a disaster that can ruin sanity of manhood.

"Are you not taking measures? She declared she will bring your company down if you don't help her." He asked after a few seconds of silence and this time his tone is serious.

Pondering over meow's finally words before we left the café, I calculated everything and found out she is no harm to my business.

"What can a fresh graduate, commoner and a simple Investment advisor can do? Spread rumors? I would love to have some to bring my hotels to hot search on the internet. How? By meowing?"

"True. But she is one interesting girl. And did you see her eyes; she is loudly telling everyone through her eyes that she has a huge crush on you. How sweet!" Wordlessly, I shot up from my chair, walked to the corner he stood and threw a hard punch to his face.

The sudden unexpected attack from me caused him to stumble back and fall down with a loud thud. With one hand on his chin when I hit him and the other stretched out to me asking me silently to help him up, he smirked at me all the while.

"What was that for?"

"For using her reference and sweet in one sentence. Never – I warn you – never use any positive heart fluttering adjectives in one sentence with her in it." I snapped and took a threatening step towards him as I helped him up on his feet.

"Aww, but she likes you." Seems like he wants to use his own funeral to calm me down. "I think it's fate."

"Right, my ill-fate." I agreed for the first time.

King moved to the cabinet behind my hair and got himself medicine from the first aid box. Once done, he moved his jaw for a couple of times to see if he can still move it freely or not.

Serves him right!

"I don't think so." He spoke incoherently as he moved his jaw again. Standing beside me, he tapped me on my back and looked right into my eyes with one of those awe and admiration filled filthy looks.

"I think it is the good kind of fate that brought you two together. From the way she caused you speechless frequently, and so blatantly showed her interest in you, all the way causing you to keep mum; I think it is fate that sent her to you to tame you and make you a part of normal civilization." He spoke and by the end of it I know he has already gone mad completely.

His nuts are not just loose but lost.

Ignoring my scowl, growl and prowl, he cupped my face with his hands and looked at me in a creepily sweet manner. "You, my friend, my dear one, are handsome and intolerant beyond the range of humankind." With that, he threw me a wink and an air kiss making a loud sound of it.

This man –

Shoving him off, I left the work behind me to go find a bar and get myself drunk. Alcohol is the right way to curb the stress given by other humans.

It was a small yet a vibrant looking bar I usually visit every other day. There's no loud music and the soft music they play is quite pleasant. The drinks they make are different and unique too. This is the only bar I know that have more than half the menu with their signature cocktails that no other can make.

And all of them taste amazing.

"The usual and today's special." I ordered the bartender as I took a seat on the other side of the bar stand.

"Make it two." Came the annoying voice beside me. "You can't go for a drink without me after punching me like this." He grinned before tapping his fingers on the table to the tune playing in the background.

"Ah, sirs, how are you doing lately?" We were greeted with a smile by the owner of this small bar.

The man is pretty handsome and is good looking in his own stand. But not anywhere near me. I mean, I'm Zorion Nigel who is beyond the definition of handsome.

"Good, Fraser. And you?" King replied and I only gave a small curt nod. Washing down the small glass of alcohol down the throat, I felt really good as the stinging feeling scratch my skin.

"Good huh?" Fraser laughed out giving me and King a knowing look before walking off. King and I exchanged glances with each other at how strange the owner behave with is this time.

Drinking silently with King, a few minutes later, Fraser got us each a large jug of some kind of special strong alcohol.

"It's on the house. Finish it. You need it." Fraser voiced out as he placed the jugs before me and King.

King narrowed his eyes and me and when Fraser turned around to walk away, King stopped him. "Wait, what do you mean?"

Turning back to face us, Fraser gave us a small knowing secretive smile as he presented a shrug.

"Tell me." I growled out when he spoke nothing. I made sure my voice is as cold and hard as one can make.

Unfazed by my tone, glare and ordered, Fraser provided us another smile. "Aren't you going to have business crisis in next few days? Better calm down and control your emotions from now on."

"What?" King snapped loudly while I, on the other hand, gave Fraser a long hard look.

Studying the man before me, he looked as familiar as he always was but tonight something tells me he knew something that involves me.

Does he know the confidential details of my company?

Or, did he hear something from his customers?

What is it that made him spew out that nonsense?

"Wait, hey Fraser, you somehow look familiar." King drawled out, scanning him for an extra long minute.

"Tell me, Fraser, why do you think I will face crisis in my well establish, smoothly running business?" There was no anger in my tone, if any, there is tons of amusement.

Who, in their right mind, would love to wag their tail in front of a devil knowing too well that they will end up being tortured with something worse than hell?

"My dear little cousin." He spoke fondly as his eyes sparked with affection. My eyes narrowed and turned into slits when a sudden realization dawned on to me.

"She is after your business now."

And with that my body froze and I stiffened at the mere mention of meow.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

What do you think about the chapter? Good?

Finally, Zorion point of view. Your views?

Will Zorion need a psychic to drive away his bad luck?

What if the same bad luck is his future? How will he cope up then?

What do you think of the bromance between King and Zorion?

Aren't they the ideal couple of the show?

What is up with Zorion's fate seriously, the very same day he met another Almond? That too Meow's another cousin?

Is what Fraser said, a warning or a prophecy?

Is Fraser that confident of his cousin's capabilities?

Aren't Almond cousins too sweet and close?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583 76 21
Why universe why?? Or Nikki here. "You don't, again, mean him right?" "Yes, I do." She smirks. Fine. What? She is not gonna back away anyways. Tru...
6.3K 549 36
Maan Malhotra ~ "I'm so deeply lost in my soul; how can I expect anyone else to understand me?" "A handsome and powerful CEO, he changes partners as...
170K 6.6K 64
"You don't have to keep reminding me that I'm a mistake and that I ruined your life. I'm not sorry for meeting you that day. I needed to. My life was...
42.5K 1.4K 20
I'm Hers~ The Bosslady Romance I doesn't deserve her. I'm far so good for her. I'm not bold and brave like her. I'm not good enough for her. I'm not...