Daughter of the Gods (Gilgame...

By zaczenemiji

"But we were destined to cross paths even by the hands of the gods." Born with royal blood, sister of a fine... More

1: Fruit of the Myth
2: Amiable Ruler
3: The Jewel's Call
4: Al-Simrian Glory
5: Chains of Heaven
6: People of the Desert
7: No Place Like Home
8: Turning Point
9: Mark of Existence
10: Beyond the Desert
11: Country to Conquer
12: Damsel in Distress
13: Ten Dawns
14: Lion's Den
15: The Lioness' Pride
16: Cold Waters
17: A Dangerous Game
18: Show of Facade
19: One a Great King
20: The Greater Good
21: An Equal
22: The Contrary
23: Two-man Parade
24: Remnant of Kindness
25: Minute of Arc
26: Prejudice
27: His Highest Majesty
28: Watchful Eyes
29: A Daughter's Mourning
30: Mysteries Unearthed
31: Vermilion
32: Ominous Provocations
33: Unprecedented Home
34: Golden Ruby
35: Evil Pursuit
36: The Eleventh Dusk
37: The Afterglow
38: The Crown's Cost
39: Sacred Enthronement
40: A Heroic Task
42: Catalyst for Change
43: Ethereal Glow
44: Old Wives' Tale
45: Butter Cake
46: The Execution
47: The Sacred Mountain
48: Misfire
49: Scorching Darkness
50: Overwhelming Force
51: Empty Shell
52: The Epic of Gilgamesh
53: Tender Beginning
54: In the Crossroad
55: Fragments of Peace
56: In the Halls of Silence
57: Between Two Worlds
58: The Last Match
59: Festive Night Sky
60: Dawn of Farewell
61: Shattered Illusions
62: Uncharted Waters
63: A Shift in Tides
64: Flavors of Forgiveness
65: Silent Tribute
66: Edge of Concern
67: The King's Gift
68: Quiet Affection
69: Ful Medames
70: Defiance of the Divine
71: New Horizons
72: Leap of Fate
73: White Canopy
74: Dance of Colors
75: Heart's Return
76: Moonlit Reverie
77: A Gentle Awakening
78: Bridging Two Worlds
79: Tales of the Land

41: The First Moon

1.1K 59 7
By zaczenemiji

A sigh, one after another. That was probably what Enkidu did most of the time this morning. It was a fine day, a few days after your enthronement and you couldn't help but be worried about Enkidu's current state.

"What is it?" You asked, rummaging through the tablets of daily reports regarding the capital. You have agreed with Gilgamesh that matters beyond the capital would be delivered to him while in the meantime, you'd handle the capital's.

You wanted to visit the outer cities first to see for yourself their current situations before taking matters into your own hands.

During the past few days, Enkidu has been your assistant of some sort, accompanying you wherever you went. Now, he stands by one corner of your embassy, sighing to his heart's content.

"I might be away for a while," he said, surprisingly direct to the point in contrast to how he was holding his thoughts back the whole morning.

"Why so?" You asked, arranging the pile of stone tablets neatly on your table.

"The king asked me to accompany him on a new expedition."

For a moment, you paused what you were doing to let Enkidu's statement sink in. You were told before that the two had often gone on long journeys which left the kingdom constantly unstable and in need of a queen.

If such journeys were common then, what difference would it make today? It seemed as if Enkidu was not happy at all.

"I see no problem in that?" You said, glancing at him before tending back to your work.

Enkidu pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on. "I don't know how long it will take til we get back," he said. "Once we're away, who would be there to assist you?"

The Chains of Heaven did his best to keep his tone of worry to a minimum. He didn't want you feeling paranoid of the surroundings but the ominous provocations during the night before your wedding still bothered him.

There were no reports of anything suspicious going on around the capital, neither was there another attempt at harming you but still, whoever that was was still out there.

Since the said incident, he has been doing his own work of searching for whoever that person may be but up until today, his efforts remained futile. The only way for him to catch them is to do so while they're on the act.

Even so, he can't just wait and see. The attacker may only be waiting for an opportunity as perfect as Enkidu heading out for a few moons to attack again.

"Look, Enkidu," you said as you stood in front of him. Lost in thoughts, he didn't even realize that you were already in front of him.

"If you are worried to leave me, don't be," you continued. "I'll be fine on my own." You started walking back to your desk. "Besides, I am the Divine Child."

And that was exactly what he was worried for. He could only hope and pray that for the time he will be away, nothing bad to the point of you using your powers would happen.

***

"How long do you plan on being away?" Enkidu asked, losing a bit of his composure as he faced the king.

Gilgamesh, taking a sip from his cup answered, "A few moons, maybe five, just like always." He could sense the tenseness of the aura that surrounded his dear friend and he knew something was wrong. "I've never seen you lose your cool like this before."

"What is there to worry too much about her?" Gilgamesh asked, knowing completely the thing—the person, rather—who's making Enkidu worry as if she's her husband.

"The night before your wedding, her highness forgot to set up the bounded field she has always placed upon her chambers," Enkidu answered. "That was when a figure of an assassin managed to get inside. Good thing I arrived in time."

Gilgamesh wouldn't have cared but after the night he made you his, the possibility of you bearing his child lived rent-free in his head. Still, he didn't want to pass up the opportunity of testing your queenship as soon as you obtained the crown.

"That's why if you're planning on another long expedition only to play with her highness's feelings, I suggest we stop," Enkidu said, this being one of the very few occasions he went to rationalize with the king.

"Isn't this the reason you encouraged me to get a queen—for us to be able to go on journeys without having Uruk suffer another economic downfall?" Gilgamesh replied. "If you oppose to us continuing our journeys, it only equates to you opposing your own idea."

The hall went silent as Gil's words hit home. Enkidu had to admit the fact that back then, he once looked at you the same way the king does—a substitute to his greatness, a secondary pillar to hold up Uruk, but all those changed the moment he actually met you.

Because as much as the king denies, you are wonderful in your own way. You held a glory equal to his that deserves more than hiding behind his shadows. In a short span of time, you were able to make the people love you, and that doesn't exclude Enkidu nor Siduri.

And so, under the condition of maximum security around the ziggurat and your embassy, Enkidu decided to accompany the king, just as he has always done so.

So much of this earth's land is yet to be graced by the king's glory and so much of this world's treasures are yet to be owned by Gilgamesh.

On the day of their departure, you had the servants prepare them all that they needed, especially food that could last them some time to give their journey a headstart. This was the first time the two of them left with the feeling of being cared for.

You watched at a distance as the men helped bring the supplies you've prepared upon Vimana. As much as you had personal dislikes to the king, which you're starting to cast away, you can't just overlook the fact that he might die of hunger out there.

At the same time, you can't risk him dying because of the fact that he is the soul of Uruk. To rationalize your feelings, you're doing this for the greater good, not because you cared about him. Or so, you say.

The moment they were about to take off, Gilgamesh was silent contrary to Enkidu who kept reminding you not to bring down the bounded field cast upon your chambers. You honestly thought of casting down the barrier but because of Enkidu's repetitive reminders, you decided to just keep it up.

Frankly, you didn't understand why he had to worry too much. He should be pleased with the fact that Gilgamesh would be away since he's the only person you can associate with danger. But that was what you know. That's only what you know.

***

Due to the fact that Gilgamesh was away, all of the kingdom's concerns were dumped on you. With the help of Siduri, and sometimes, the great king himself, you were able to push through the first moon without him.

Gilgamesh may suck at being king but his job was no joke. Having had experienced it firsthand, that's what you can confirm.

With him away, it felt like a weight was lifted off your shoulders despite the stress you feel when Uruk's economic status felt overwhelming. For a bit, you felt a little freer.

All has been going well and okay until one morning, while you were sitting on the throne, tending to the capital's concerns, you suddenly felt tired. Not in the mental nor emotional aspect, but physically, even though you mostly just sit on the throne.

You brushed the feeling of uneasiness the first time because you thought it was only due to the fatigue from probably overworking yourself these past days but unfortunately, you suddenly felt the feeling of needing to vomit.

Because of that, you hurriedly stood off the throne and ran towards the bathing chambers, leaving the people behind. You kept your hand clasped over your mouth to prevent yourself from puking all over the place.

"Your highness!" You heard Siduri exclaim as she rushed after you. The moment you reached the bathing chamber, you felt an involuntary stomach reflex that made you bend over as you tried to get rid of the gagging feeling in your throat by vomiting.

Siduri placed one hand on your back as she held your arm with the other, "Your highness, what's wrong?" She asked. "Are you okay?"

You were about to turn and answer her when your body decided to give out at the last minute. You fell limply in Siduri's arms as her worried expression was the last thing you saw before you passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 592 6
Quick Summary: Y/N reincarnates into the Fate universe with powers similar into that of Clive and Joshua from FF16. Basically, Y/N has the powers of...
24.6K 829 34
(Y/N)/Ghost Rider: "Look into my eyes...your soul stained by the bloods of innocent...Feel their pain.~" My name is (Y/N) (L/N) Blaze...and I am Ghos...
29.1K 700 35
(Y/N), embrace the darkness!!!! At Last!!!! I FEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Y/N) (L/N) was born in the New York City and he was become homeless little boy...