Kitten || Ateez Seonghwa Fanf...

By MinnieMouse_04

Dmitry isn't exactly the best person to be around. Well because he is haunted. There is this ghost that has h... More

Chap 1
chap 2
chap 4
chap 5
chap 6
chap 7

chap 3

12 2 4
By MinnieMouse_04

I looked at him in petrification, my body going cold. I want to say he is lying but I can't find my tongue.

He is looking me like that still, his chilling gaze curling all around me. He doesn't look human when he is looking at me like that. It's as if he is doing that on purpose so that I'll run. Its working but I don't want it to. I could feel my eyes wetting.

"S-stop looking at me like that!" I yelled, closing my eyes, spilling tears over my cheeks.

"I won't. Not until you back away from me" I heard him and when I opened my eyes he was still looking at me. But not in that menacing way before. His eyes were now calm, the intense feeling gone.
I feel like I can't keep standing any longer, my legs feel weak.
He was still a bit unsteady on his feet as well.

"I won't back away from you. I am going to take to you to eat" I declared, looking away so I can wipe my tears.

"What?" He asked, entirely baffled.

"What what?" I replied, knowing entirely well what.

"You literally found me here in the worst state possible, then you see this-this-" he aggressively points to his grey black eye "-and then I declare that I am haunted, and your response is that you want to eat??" He finishes, looking shocked and ridiculous.

"You missed the fact that you almost made me cry" I said averting my gaze.

That brings somethings else on his face, something like shame and worry as he notices the tear streaks on my cheeks. He starts to open his mouth, perhaps to apologize, but I hold up my hand to stop him.

"I found you in a worst state possible. Yes. That's why I want to go eat as you clearly need some food and I need some place to sit and digest whatever you just told me. And also you can tell me more about it on the way or when we are in the restaurant and-"

"What makes you think I will tell you more about it" he scoffs.

"-AND" I start again, ignoring his comment completely, "if you won't agree to coming with me I'll-ill-" I pause for a bit, glaring at him, trying to come up with something threatening. He raises his eyebrows.

"I'll cry okay? I'll cry really really badly" I end up saying and then internally face palm myself for saying something so pathetic.

At that a little smile breaks up on his face, for the first time.
It makes him look eerily cute if that makes sense. I am still not used to his grey eye.

"Fine" he says and starts to walk away from me, leaving me to start at his back. My heart sinks. But then he looks back.

"Well kitten? Are you coming or.." he asks, his eyes glinting.

"I am coming" I said and started to jog up to him as he turns and starts walking again.

---------
At the restaurant, we go to the booth in the furtherest corner, with him keeping his head low the entire time, shielding this eyes with his dark black strands.

I order him a basic hamburger, and myself a glass of water.

"I don't feel like eating" he said for the fifth time.

"I don't care" I replied for the fifth time.

He sighs, resigning. He is sitting so that his back is to the whole diner except me. He looks gorgeous as usual.

He is wearing a white sweatshirt with some red alphabets embedded on the front and fitted jeans, black. Silver little hoops hang from his earlobes, giving him a nice edge.

The waitress comes with our food and he gives her a side face smile and mutters thank you. The waitress blushes and departs, continuously throwing back glances at him.

I watch him in wonder as he digs in. He is an enigma. He changes his personas like a chameleon changes his colors. He adjusts himself according to the situation and the environment. He wears multiple masks, that he changes from time to time. He reminds me too much of someone I don't want to think about. She was just like him.

His gaze flicks to me as he devours the last of his burger. He was hungry after all. Liar.

His gaze sends the familiar jolting feeling in me. His other eye has much to do with it. It's grey, not like the usual pretty grey, but like a rotten grey. It seems as if something is eating it from within. It looks decayed. It looks insensate. It doesn't look his.

"So about all this-" I gesture the hand towards his eye and all, "-what was all that?"

"Something you shouldn't bother yourself with" he said dismissively, standing up.

"What?" I asked absurdly as he began to leave.

"yes" and that was all as he put money in the bill and left.

I kept sitting there, for a full minute, before anger hitting me like a tsunami. I stood, slamming my hands on the table, startling the people in the booth behind me.

I marched out of the diner, spotting him walking a few feet ahead. I went behind him and shoved him with all my strength, enough to make him stumble and whirl back in surprise.

"What the fuck?" He asked, looking at me like I am insane.

"You are such a jerk!" I shouted.

"No I am not a jerk. I am doing this for you own good" he replied, in a stony tone.

"You don't know what's good for me-" I didn't get to finish because he took two steps towards me, grabbed me by my arms pulling me almost flush against him and suddenly all I could see were his eyes and the venom dripping from them.

"Look at me. Do you really think that you can handle me? Who do you think you are even? You have met me for barely two days, you think you suddenly are close enough to me to act like this?" He was glaring at me, a cosmos of fury and pain swirling in his eyes.

His words were like a slap to my face.

He realized it too as he abruptly released me.

I backed away him, my heart stinging. He looked at me with a thundering regret, but didn't make any move to apologize, to take back what he said.

I turned and slowly start walking away. While doing so, a stark feeling of deja Vu struck me. Both times, we are always walking the opposite ways, away from each other, in dismay.
But the last time, he left me first.

This time, I'll leave him. And hopefully we won't meet again.

Refusing to let the drops in my eyes fall, I took a deep breath and ran.

------------

I didn't make it far, when an enormous body stopped in my way, making me halt abruptly.

Fear crept in my head.

"Well well well, isn't it the jerk's girlfriend from before" a voice drawled and it took me a moment to figure out who he was.

I heard rattling of chains as the guy stepped into the light.

It's the guy from the club with the disgusting hairy chest.

Great. Just perfect.

"Y'know I wasn't able to devour you that day because of your vampire boyfriend-" he started to walk towards me when I cut him off.

"First of all he is not my boyfriend. And second of all, you think I need his protection?" I raised an eyebrow, slipping my hand into my bag, ignoring the way it was shaking. My whole insides were shaking.

He smirked as he came all the way up to me, with a foot's difference seperating us. I refused to step back.

He raised his hand a bit, perhaps to touch me, when a voice rang out in the alleyway, making my body ignite with relief and anger all the same time.

"Leave her alone."

He looked behind me and I turned as well. Dmitry was standing atleast ten feet away from us, looking every bit of a haunted human.

"Ah, your boyfriend here is after all" he said, with a hint of worry, pissing me out of my mind.

"I think I told you that he is not my boyfriend. And I told you one more thing-" I said, teeth clenched, as I finally fished my weapon out of my bag "-that I certainly don't need him to protect me, I am just fine alone" and with that, I jabbed my taser right into his balls.

His pupils went ten stories in as he let out a gut wrenching scream, falling onto the pavement. I watched with satisfaction as he withered on the ground like a dying lizard.

"Woah"

I turned to find him looking me with a stunned, admiring expression.

"Shut up" I stated blankly as I turned to walk away as fast as I could as he started to run behind me, both of us ignoring the wailing guy.

"Kitten stop-" he tried to catch my wrist but I whirled around, turning the other end of my weapon towards him which had a blade coming out of it.

"Stay. Back." I spat as he backed away from me, raising his hands up as if to tame me.

"That's a cool thing you have" he said nervously as he looked at the weapon in my hand.

It is. It's beautiful. It's of a lilac color that's slowly dying into a pale blue. The ends are adorned with transparent stones that look like frozen water drops.

It's a two end weapon. One end has a taser. The other had a blade sharp enough to slice through leather with one stroke.

When she first gave it to me, I was dumbfounded about where could she find such a thing. She was laughing at me while I was handling it as it's worth a million bucks. It probably was. I can still hear her chuckles.

"Let's name it something" she said.

I looked at her ridiculously.

"What? Come on" she urged me, looking at it clutched in my hand protectively.

Huffing I began thinking.

"I can't think of anything" I sighed. What can I name a weapon anyway?

"How about Mermaid?" She said, her big, crystal green eyes shining.

"Mermaid?" I looked at the thing and suddenly it suited it.

"It reminds me of their tails. And also it's pretty like them but it can kill too like they can. It's said that mermaids can lure you to the bottom of the sea with their voices to kill-" I interrupted her passionate talk.

"Yes yes you fantasy horror death blood pain fanatic, I get it" I said lightly ruffling her hair as she glared at me for shutting her up.

"Kitten?"

I looked up at him, shaking myself out of the memory.

"I was asking, where did you get this from?" He wasn't on guard anymore as I wasn't pointing the Mermaid at him now

"That's none of your business. And I thought we were supposed to part ways as you clearly aren't safe for me " I said air quoting safe, steering us far away from the subject.

He cleared this throat.

"Well..yes that's...true" he said scratching his neck sheepishly.

"But I am sorry for how I treated you back there. I don't know what came over me I just- I don't know. I am sorry" he said looking earnest and deeply regretful.

"It's fine" I said looking anywhere but at him.

We stood there for another awkward minute, when I broke the silence.

"well I am going to go now I guess" I smiled wierdly and turned to go but then stopped.

"Dmitry?" I looked back at him. He appeared intrigued to be addressed suddenly.

"Yes?"

"Stop battling things alone. I hope you find someone with whom you can share your pain. And together you both will find a cure for you" this time my smile is genuine.

I turned back, leaving a stunned expression on his face, and walked into the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254 34 12
A Miserable Youth In His Teenage Years, Living through his second year of highschool, where he is often treated like a ghost as if he never existed...
658 38 12
we know i dont believe in supernaturals but.. if it at least means hearing your voice out of nowhere when you're not here.. then i will. ♡semi-slowbu...
33.8K 1.7K 26
san x mediator!reader | San meets a girl who can see ghosts and helps them move on. Her life is full of danger and thrill, of heartbreak and love. Bu...
51.2K 2.6K 61
"I read your diary Samyuktha" "You have to go arjun" "You are not cursed Samyuktha" "I don't care. But please leave me alone" "I think you are haunte...