The Valentine's Note

By TryTillYouSucceed

"Strange," I remarked as the waitress left us at a table in the corner. "You seem like a person who has lots... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Announcement
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Announcement!
Trailer!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
New Book Announcement: Supernova

Chapter 5

28.1K 1K 71
By TryTillYouSucceed

On most Fridays, Kian, Kyla and I meet up at either mine or Kyla's house. We like to call it our 'Do Nothing Day.' A movie, unhealthy food and a comfortable blanket is all we need on these days.

"What are we watching today?" Kyla asked, settling down on my bed and already spilling a few crumbs of chips everywhere.

Kian's blue eyes lit up with excitement as he turned to face us. "I thought we could watch something a bit emotional today so I picked out My Sister's Keeper."

"Are there any hot guys?" Kyla asked with a mouthful of chips in her mouth.

"I doubt that," I said, cuddling in my blanket. "I've heard about this movie. Better get a box of tissues."

"Wonderful," Kyla said sarcastically as Kian inserted the DVD into the DVD player.

As expected, the movie turned out to be just as emotional as we thought it would be. I sniffed and pulled another tissue from the box.

I got up to go to the bathroom when Kyla asked, "Hey, what's that sticking out of your back pocket?"

Instinctively, my hand went around to feel my back pocket and I realized it was the slip of paper Seth had slipped into my back pocket in the parking lot earlier.

"It's nothing," I said, frowning and throwing it onto my side table. "Just this stupid thing Seth gave me."

"Seth?" Kian asked, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom. Turning on the faucet, I splashed water onto my face which happened to look very disgusting because of my puffy eyes and runny, red nose. Wiping my face, I walked out to see Kyla and Kian huddled together on my bed with the slip of paper in Kyla's hand.

"Honestly?" I deadpanned.

"Let us spice up your life please," Kyla said, her grey eyes reading the note.

"Exactly," Kian agreed. "You have a boy practically following you around like a puppy."

"It's not like I want him to," I grumbled, sitting down next to them.

"What is this, though?" Kyla asked.

I shrugged. "The address for where his bike race is going to be."

"Bike race?" Kian exclaimed, sitting upright.

I nodded.

"And he invited you?" Kian asked, his eyes going wide.

"Yes," I said slowly. I know where this was leading to and I didn't want it to lead there.

"Did he say anything about bringing along your friends?" he inquired, trying to sound casual.

"If the two of you want to, you can go. Don't expect me to tag along," I told them.

"It's supposed to be the other way round, though!" Kyla whined. "You're meant to go and we're meant to tag along."

"Guys, I don't want to go and boost his self-esteem even more," I said.

"Why not?" Kian asked. "He's been nice to you this whole time, hasn't he?"

"That's not the point," I argued. "We went out for dinner and that dinner happened to be on 14th February, that's it. I don't like him or anything."

"But he's your friend," Kyla argued back. "So you should support him and cheer him on."

I chose to not answer and grabbed the T.V. remote to flip through the channels just to have something to do to make it easier to ignore their questions.

"Alright, then," Kian said, bouncing off my bed. "We're going! Get dressed quickly."

"Come on," Kyla said, opening up my closet and throwing my black leather jacket at me.

"Seriously?" I exclaimed. "Do you really think everyone's going to be dressed all black? This isn't a movie."

She shrugged. "Who cares? We're still going to dress like that."

"For the last time, I'm not going!" I said loudly.

"Don't you want to do this for Kian?" Kyla tried to guilt-trip me. "He hasn't dated anyone since that pathetic break-up of his. For all we know, his perfect match might be there."

That break-up was the one thing Kian refused to talk about. We still don't know why he and his ex broke-up or where or when or how. Not a single detail about it.

Despite not opening up about it to us, we know that he still hasn't recovered from it.

I looked up to meet Kyla's desperate eyes and groaned, "Fine."

*

We rode in Kyla's car to the address Seth had given us.

"Are you sure this is the place?" Kyla asked, bending near the steering wheel to peer out of the windshield with her black hair forming a curtain around her.

I looked down at Seth's incoherent handwriting and squinted in the darkness to read it. "I think so."

Kyla parked the car and pulled the keys out of the ignition. Kian opened up the door and climbed out followed by Kyla. I sat in the car for a moment, sighing. I'll simply stray out of Seth's way. I'll make sure to not bump into him and he won't even know I came.

I got out of the car and followed Kyla and Kian, who were already walking towards the abandoned looking building.

I was actually quite creeped out right now. The place didn't look appealing at all. Derelict land and buildings surrounded me. Most of the lights of apartments seemed to be turned off and I could hear a faint sound coming from the other side.

I blindly followed my two amazing best friends through the dark alleys and found myself approaching a large group of people with bikes parked all over the place and people leaning on them.

Kyla was right; most of them had biker jackets on. I refused to wear mine but carried it along anyway. Feeling self-conscience, I pulled my leather jacket on swiftly. At least, I didn't feel cold anymore.

There seemed to be a large circular track around which everyone was waiting at. I spotted quite a few people from school but there seemed to be lots of outsiders as well.

"This feels so intense," I said, catching up with Kyla and Kian.

"I know right!" Kian agreed.

"Let's go get a beer," Kyla suggested and began walking to a keg placed on top of a plastic chair.

I followed them even though I didn't want a beer. I've never tried alcohol and I don't intend to do so any time soon. I just didn't want to be left alone between these people.

"Listen up everybody!" someone's voice boomed through a megaphone, silencing all conversations instantly. "The race is about to begin in 10 minutes. That means you have exactly 5 more minutes to come here and place your bets. Just 5."

"They bet?" I asked with wide eyes.

Kian shrugged while Kyla said, "I'm not surprised."

I could the bikers beginning to get ready and my eyes began looking for Seth. I couldn't seem to spot him, though since most of the bikers were surrounded by excited girls.

Like announced, the bikers were ready at the starting point in under 10 minutes. Only if they were this punctual when attending classes.

"This is so cool!" Kian exclaimed. "Look around! All the guys are built so well."

"Totally," Kyla agreed.

I was busy looking out for one guy to make sure I'm away from him at all times. The bikers were gearing up, causing the bikes to make loud, unpleasant sounds.

A girl was holding a flag in the corner and the guy in the megaphone began counting from 3. The minute he said one, the girl swished the flag downwards, making all the 6 bikers vroom past everyone. All of them rode so effortlessly and completed the laps in the blink of an eye.

Everyone around me, including Kyla and Kian, were yelling out names and cheering loudly. Soon enough, I found myself joining in along with everyone else and hooting randomly.

The race was very competitive and towards the last lap, I was scared there was going to be an accident. Two bikes were in the lead and heading towards the finish line, inching in front of each other. I couldn't even make out which bike crossed the finish line first.

"And the winner for the third time in a row is our one and only Seth!" the guy declared through the megaphone.

I stood up on my tiptoes to see a boy, Seth, remove his helmet and shake out his sweaty dark hair. Girls were crowding around him and obviously trying to flirt with him but I don't blame them; that was quite impressive.

"I see why you find him so irresistible," Kian whispered in my ear, making me jump.

I had completely zoned out and even forgotten that these two idiots were still with me.

"Pfft, shut up," I said.

Kyla smirked while Kian tried to control his smile.

"I'm going to get myself a Coke," I said, excusing myself and saving myself from the embarrassment.

I walked towards the huge ice cooler boxes filled with canned drinks. I opened up a cooler and leaned down to pick out a Coke.

"You simply can't resist me," I heard someone say behind me.

I sprung up so quickly that the lid of the ice cooler hit my head. I winced but it wasn't heavy enough to cause any damage.

I turned to see none other than Seth. 

A/N- Hello lovelies! How have all of you been?

First of all, thank you for being so very patient with me. My exams finally got over so as promised, I updated. 

Did you guys like it? Sorry it's so short, I don't want to rush things :) 

Have any of you been to a bike race before? Not the professional ones.. 

I've never been to one so please excuse me if I wrote something about the bike race that doesn't actually happen at real bike races. All of this was written from all the movies and T.V. shows I've watched. :P 

Anyway, please click that pretty little star if you enjoyed reading this chapter and leave a comment below because I looovee to know what you guys think. 

Love you guys! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7M 321K 48
"Its a deal then". "Okay", he replied and before I had the chance to kick him out of my couch, outside my door away from me he placed his lips on min...
539 88 23
↷GYURI wanted nothing to do with her less than mediocre past and had almost forgotten about everything years after, until the dreams started ↷HEESEU...
31.6K 294 108
Love teen wolf? Ever dreamed what it would be like to date one of the guys? Here lays your fantasies that you could dream of! I present to you Teen W...
184K 3.3K 45
Sapphire Anderson, a 19 year old rich girl. She had everything she ever wanted. A perfect family, a best friend and a boyfriend whom she thought she'...