Life Is Fun

By thedoctorgonepale

Life, the most realistic, in-depth, virtual reality game on the market. The game lets people go into the vide... More

(Prologue): Game start
Survival 101
Hunt or hunted
Castle raiding
The peacemaking past: part 1
The peacemaking past: part 2
Genocide 101
The real game begins: part 1
The real game begins: part 2
Tree top fun
Only you can cause forest fires
The truth of Life: part 1
The truth of Life: part 2
The truth of Life: part 3

Allies of the game

316 20 6
By thedoctorgonepale

Yn's POV:

(DAY 11)

Entering my base as Bob logs on, it was time to discuss his fate.

In my mind, I went over the options.

I could kill him... But this was an opportunity to make a new team.

One to help me crush the old team... But how to convince him?

Offer half the money in exchange for helping me into the final two?

Nah, I'd probably betray him... Still, it's worth negotiating with him.

Yn: You want to team up?

Bob:... Yeah, sure, why not?

...

...

...

You know, I sometimes forget that this is a game that not everyone takes seriously.

A lot of people are here to have fun... While also winning money but that guy doesn't need it, I think...

Yeah... I just thought about things in the completly wrong way...

(Opening theme)

(Day 13)

My partnership with Bob has turned to be quite fruitful. He's aided me in reworking my base to be much more improved.

He's even shown me a few tricks and given me some tips. My only gripe with him is that he's a total dad.

Making me be careful and giving me THAT tone when he tries to teach me something.

But that's whatever.

With the base better than ever before, we head out to hunt some players.

He knew the lay of the land better than I did, so we searched around with him at the lead.

Bob: Let's hide in the tall grass. This place has been tampered with. I think people might be near.

Yn: Right.

Hiding in the tall grass, we observe the area in wait for any players.

Yn:... Are you streaming this?

Bob: Recording. When the tournament is over I'll edit the footage into a video.

Yn: Hm... Where is your base?

Bob: In that mountain over there. Right under the tops edge.

Bob: Perfect place to snipe some people.

That's how he knew something was off, this area housed his base.

But that makes you wonder who else was in the area to edit the terrain for resources.

I quickly got my answer.

Three familiar player characters for me came into the area.

One in black and red, with shadow skin.

(Demonheven01 aka Mark)

The other was in white and blue with goggles and a bow.

(ForOFour aka Billy)

And the last one was a gun-carrying white and orange-wearing guy with a bandana.

(Hazardlord aka Zach)

Yn: Tch...(mumbles) Of course it's them...

Bob:(whispers) You know them?

Yn:(whispers) Old friends. At one point, but we're enemies now.

Bob:(whispers) They outnumber us by one...

Yn:(whispers) No, there should be at least one more person with them.

Yn:(whispers) She's a scary good sniper, so she's probably in hiding like us.

Bob:(whispers) Then let's just watch what they do.

Yn:(whispers) Fine by me. But I'm going to find a better vantage point.

Crawling away, I go deeper into the forest and around, to be behind the trio of simps.

She was bound to be there as well.

People wanted me to talk to her, fine, I'll tell her how much damn trouble she's causing me...

(Vrrrrr)

Yn: Is that a plane?

(Ba-ba-bang)⁴

Yn:!?!

A propeller plane with a machine gun attached flew low and fired down at the simps, and due to my proximity, me as well.

Since I had trees and stuff blocking me, along with the pilot not trying to kill me.

The simps sadly survived, but that wasn't my concern anymore.

Someone built a plane.

I wanted it.

(Bang)

She fired at the plane from wherever her sniping post was, but I had more important issues than dealing with a girl who couldn't accept my answer to her question...

I dash off back around to get Bob.

Yn:(whispers) Screw those guys, let's get the plane.

Bob:(shrugs)

The plane makes a few rounds to attack the simps, but it inevitably ran out of ammunition so it retreated.

Whilst the simps and their queen recovered, Bob and I gave chase to the plane.

That thing needed a runway so even if we lost sight of it, we could simply use the direction it went off in to locate it again.

However, that was unnecessary as we found the runway and a large base standing on a mountain.

Bob: Yeah... That isn't the work of a small team of players.

Yn: Hm?

Bob: That right there might be a faction base... A group of players... At least ten.

Yn: Why don't we give a knock and see?

Bob:(chuckles) How about no?

Yn: Don't be a wuss.

Bob: If you want to fight these guys, then we better recruit those guys you knew.

Yn:...

Yn: No. I'll do it alone.

Bob: Why not ask them-

Yn: Because they kicked me out of that group already. I'm not crawling back to them.

Bob:?

Bob: What did you do to get kicked?

Yn: I told those simps' queen that the truth and she couldn't handle it.

Yn: It doesn't matter, we can handle this.

Bob: You told someone the truth?

Yn: We're not there yet.

Bob: Right, sorry for prying. Can we at least scout out the area?

Yn:... Fine... But if we see an opening to steal a plane, we're taking it.

The two of us scouted this base out for a few days, making a small base close by to help with that.

I have no idea whether these guys were at war with the simps or just saw them by chance and decided to take potshots but they were quite geared up.

From what we could see, they all had armor and guns. Automatic rifles.

It was time for a plan... Which would take some sneaking around to do...

(Day 15)

While preparing an attack on this little faction, I remembered something about Bob which could help me with my life.

Yn: Bob, you're married, right?

Bob: Yep.

Yn: Can you give me your view on things?

Bob: Uhhhh... Sure...?

Yn: Would you grow to hate your wife if you were peer pressured into marrying her?

Bob: Jesus, you're just hitting me with the heavy questions straight up...

Bob:(sigh)... Hmm...

Bob: Are you being peer pressured into marrying someone?

Yn: Kinda...

Bob: Listen, if you love them, then fuck what everyone else wants, do it for the two of you.

Yn:(mind) What if I don't know how I feel...?

Bob: Forget about marriage, kid. You have years before you should think about that stuff!

Bob: Just play the game and have fun.

Yn:... Have fun..? Okay... Let's have some fun right now.

Yn: Blowing up that base seems like lots of fun.

(Ending theme)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 6.1K 33
Being constantly compared to ones brother can make one feel neglected. This is the case for Kai Walker. His brother was the star of the schools socce...
117K 5K 39
Sean's relationship with Mark has been a bit strained ever since the 'Septiplier Ship' got out of hand. When Mark suddenly surprises him with an une...
4.4K 108 16
You are a pretty popular Youtuber, I mean, you have a couple million subscribers. *cough* 8 million*cough*. Thing is, you never showed your face to a...
326 29 99
On one day in the year of 2060, a billion people were thrilled and excited to play a new and highly anticipated vr game, with no visual difference fr...