DEFENDER [hs]

By jaszs_23

Suddenly all my songs were about you. ---- When Mr. William's daughter was kidnapped, Harry out of all hundre... More

Intro/Warning
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 22

128 5 0
By jaszs_23

---------

Strolling in the greens is where I find peace. Something like peace and clarity. I'm may be selfish to say that the universe has cursed me. It's selfishness that makes me feel okay. It gives me closure and I know that I'm safe in the arms of mother nature. I don't have a mother so this is the closest it could get.

Breathing in nature's finest gifts, oxygen is my sense of coping with the world.

When you're partially forgotten and physically unavailable, you appreciate the smallest things.

Picking flowers something I enjoy more than anything. You may ask why take from nature when you value nature?

I don't know, why did the universe take something of mine? My mother.

---------

My eyes opened and fixed my vision to what's happening. The car was moving. I steered at sat upright and saw Harry sipping his coffee with shades on his eyes. 

"Morning, sleepyhead." He said with his gaze on the road. "How many nicknames do you have for me?" I asked him and he shrugged saying too many to count. 

I rolled my eyes and glanced over at the clock on the car. It was 9:45 in the morning. I looked at the GPS that was on Harry's phone which was placed on the phone holder.

It said we were in Denver. We still had a long way more to go before we reach. I sighed and looked at the bag and grabbed a sandwich to eat for breakfast. 

Harry turned on the radio and listened to the news. He listens to the news? Can't relate.

In boredom I grabbed the book I bought last night and began reading. Yes, indeed this was kids book but it will have to do I guess.

----

After about thirty minutes of silence and the same old boring roads, Harry exited through a highway exit. I shot him a confused glare. Where were we going?

"Harry, where are we going?" I asked. "I can't drive anymore, it's also going to take forever. So, were going to take a plane there." He said and I nodded in understanding. We honestly should've done that from the beginning. There's no way Harry would be able to drive thirty four hours in one seating.

"What about the car? Are we just going to leave it here?" I asked. "Don't worry about that, princess." He said and I sighed in defeat. Here we go again with the nicknames. "Okay, loverboy." I said and he groaned at me. "Stop it!" He begged me and I chuckled.

I went back to reading and suddenly the book became quite interesting. But I had to read slow to save the book for later on the plane. I shut the book and looked out the window. I started to imagine what I would say when I meet my dad. Will I be happy? Will I yell at him for having a secret mafia group that I was unaware about? Will I demand for answers? Do I want to know the answers? Will I-

"Athena, book a flight." Harry interrupted me and passed me his phone. I turned my head to him and grabbed the phone from his hands. Memories started flashing back from Friday. 

"I need you to search up the closest motel nearby and book a room with two beds for us to stay in until Sunday." he said while unlocking his phone, opening the app and passing it to me.

I remembered I booked the sketchiest motel by accident which led me to almost being raped.

I began typing flights to Connecticut and scrolling through the options. I found one that was quiet costly but Harry seemed fine with it. It was window seats and we would seat face to face. It was around a three hour flight. 

"Make sure booking the right one, princess. We all know what happened last time." Harry said while steering the car with one hand. "I am, have faith in me." I said and rolled my eyes. I payed the transaction online and handed Harry's phone back.

As I was giving Harry his phone back, he touched my hand and pulled his phone out of my hand. My eyes widen and my blood crawled. He did it on purpose. He smirked and placed his phone back on the holder.

I quickly turned my gaze to the side. My cheeks were red seeing as I blushed in embarrassment. He always had this effect on me and I didn't know why.

"Stop blushing, you look like you're in love." Harry said and again my heart began pounding. "I did not blush, Harry." I said as I tried to defend myself. "Whatever you say." He said and I ignored him.

-----

It took an hour. An hour of complete boredom until we reached the airport. Harry parked the car and I stood outside the car. It was windy. The wind blew through my hair and it felt peaceful. 

He then went to the backseat and grabbed our luggages. I tried offered helping but he simply slapped my hand away. I rolled my eyes and grabbed our canvases and placed them in a bag. This was very sentimental to me and Harry too. 

I shut the car door and Harry shot me a confused look. "What?" I asked him. "Aren't you going to grab the book?" He said, pointing to it in the car, It was the first book I read when we started this journey and also the most interesting thing I found in the car.

"Oh, but it's not mine." I replied and Harry rolled his eyes. "It's no ones, so just quietly take and keep it." He said and I nodded in defeat.

We made our way to the check in with my hand in Harry's. When it came to security check I worried. Harry had guns in his pants. He didn't look the slightest bit worried. 

It was then our turn to scan and I asked Harry "What about your weapons?" feeling panicky. He smirked and said "Don't worry about it, baby." 

The security scanned me first and I was cleared to go. I stood on the other side and waited for Harry. Not shockingly, the machine beeped and Harry had to get a pat down. I stood back and had an uneasy feeling. What if he goes to jail? Then what happens to me? Will I go too?

Again not surprisingly enough, the security man pulled out Harry's guns and began questioning him. All though a big questioning was going on, Harry was still smug about it. He was still pretty calm. 

The smirking Harry creeped up to the man and whispered in his ear while keeping contact with my eyes.

The man then nodded his head and gave back the weapons and allowed him to go through. 

How?

"How did you do that?" I asked him as I walked beside him trying to keep up. He turned back, looked at me and grabbed my shoulders, leaning me in to whisper in my ears. "It's none of your business, princess." 

I stared at him with wide eyes as he let go of me. My heart began pounding once again and I froze. 

He was a sick man.

We walked up the airplane walkway and made our way inside. Thankfully this time I didn't accidentally book something stupid. 

I gave my bag to Harry and he stuffed them in the compartment. I sat down at the seats and the first thought that came to mind was '' Damn, this felt expensive."

Harry then sat next to me with that stupid smug on his face. I ignored him and grabbed my book to avoid the awkward eyes contact.

----

The flight took off about five minutes later and I relaxed myself for a long flight home. Harry ordered a bottle of wine for both of us but didn't bother asking me if I needed some. I didn't want it anyway.

He then placed his arms on his legs and leaned forward looking straight at me. His piercing green eyes burned right into my soul.

"So, Athena. Ever had a boyfriend?"

This suspense is terrible, I hope it will last.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hey! hope you enjoyed <3

pls remember to vote:)

also ignore spelling mistakes.

reminder : stay safe and drink up

love ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181 21 7
Harry Styles is a museum curator by day, art thief by night. He is also the father of two unruly twins, Elodie and Beau. Athena Fontaine is a law stu...
2.7K 53 15
‼️WARNING‼️ 🔞Don't read if not above 18 or sensitive to sexual content 🔞 Francesca Knight At the young age of 13, on her birthday her father kille...
216K 3.2K 69
Harry Styles is on his way to becoming the boss of a well-known, deadly Mafia that has existed for centuries, soon Meeting Luna Miller, a highly igno...
27.4M 619K 106
BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain that's slapping repetitively against the...