Chaoskouji

By Debankle

After realising how dull the rest of his classmates are, and how they could mess up his life, Ayanokouji deci... More

Chapter 1 - The Fun Begins
Chapter 2 - Kiryuuin
Chapter 3 - Dealing with Authority
Chapter 4 - An Eventful Afternoon
Chapter 5 - Class Familiarity
Chapter 6.5 - A Casual Game of Chess
Chapter 7 - Swimming
Chapter 8 - Test Time
Chapter 9 - Study Groups
Chapter 10 - Obtaining a Pawn
Chapter 11 - Negotiations
Chapter 12 - Midterms
Chapter 13 - Results
SS - Horikita 1
SS - Kushida 1
Arc 2 Chapter 1 - Time Bomb
Arc 2 Chapter 2 - Strategy
Arc 2 Chapter 3 - The eyes of goodwill
Arc 2 Chapter 4 - Shizuku
Arc 2 Chapter 5 - Trial
Arc 2 Chapter 6 - Just a bit of fun
Arc 2 Chapter 7 - Setup
Arc 2 Chapter 8 - Semesters End
Arc 3 Chapter 1 - Observations
Arc 3 Chapter 2 - Island Time
Arc 3 Chapter 3 - Exploring
Arc 3 Chapter 4 - Setting up camp
Arc 3 Chapter 5 - Class C
Arc 3 Chapter 6 - Setting the Stage
Arc 3 Chapter 7 - The calm before the storm
Arc 3 Chapter 8 - Collapse
Arc 3 Chapter 9 - Leader
Arc 3 Chapter 10 - Completing the Puzzle
Arc 3 Chapter 11 - The Reveal
Arc 3 Chapter 11.5.1 - SS Horikita 2
Arc 3 Chapter 11.5.2 - SS Ichinose 1
Arc 3 Chapter 11.5.3 - SS Ryuuen 1
Arc 4 Chapter 1 - Daily life on a cruise
Arc 4 Chapter 2 - A New Exam
Arc 4 Chapter 3 - Psychological Warfare
Arc 4 Chapter 4 - Movements
Arc 4 Chapter 5 - Machinations
Arc 4 Chapter 6 - Kasumi
Arc 4 Chapter 7 - Checkmate
Arc 4 Chapter 8 - A Brief Concord
Arc 4 Chapter 9 - Finishing Touches
Arc 4 Chapter 10 - The Watcher
Arc 4 Chapter 11 - Preparing the Contestants
Arc 4 Chapter 12 - The End of Dragon Group
Arc 4 Chapter 12.5.1 - SS Shiina 1
Arc 4 Chapter 12.5.2 - SS Amikura 1
Arc 4 Chapter 12.5.3 - SS Karuizawa 1
Arc 4 Chapter 12.5.4 - SS Kushida 2
Arc 5 Chapter 1 - Birthday Shopping
Arc 5 Chapter 2 - Big Brother
Arc 5 Chapter 3 - Scalpers
Arc 5 Chapter 4 - Definitely Not a Date Part 1
Arc 5 Chapter 5 - Definitely Not a Date Part 2
Arc 5 Chapter 6 - Premonitions
Arc 5 Chapter 7 - A Day at the Pool
Arc 6 Chapter 1 - Changes
Arc 6 Chapter 2 - The Sports Festival Announcement
Arc 6 Chapter 2.5 - Chabashira is Useful
Arc 6 Chapter 3 - Debate
Arc 6 Chapter 4 - Training
Arc 6 Chapter 5 - Blackmail
Arc 6 Chapter 6 - Festival Part 1
Arc 6 Chapter 7 - Festival Part 2
Arc 6 Chapter 8 - Festival Part 3
Arc 6 Chapter 9 - Festival Part 4
Arc 6 Chapter 10 - Festival Part 5
Arc 6 Chapter 11 - Festival Part 6
Arc 6 Chapter 12 - Festival Part 7
Arc 6 Chapter 12.5.1 - SS Ichinose 2
Arc 6 Chapter 12.5.2 - SS Hirata 1
Arc 6 Chapter 12.5.3 - SS Ryuuen 2
Arc 6 Chapter 12.5.4 - SS Kushida 3
Arc 7 Chapter 1 - No Rest for the Wicked
Arc 7 Chapter 2 - The Gauntlet
Arc 7 Chapter 3 - Conversations and Commiserations
Arc 7 Chapter 4 - Beginning Our Assault
Arc 7 Chapter 5 - The Rooftop

Chapter 6 - Blissful Weeks

16.3K 506 159
By Debankle

The next few weeks passed by rather quickly, with only a few but notable events occurring.

The first thing I did was to make sure I understood the other three classes. Eventually, I would need to consider the upper years, especially Nagumo, who seemed to have it out for me, but for at least the moment the biggest dangers would come from Classes 1-A, 1-B and 1-C.

Out of those, I would rank 1-C the most dangerous. The class was rules with an Iron Fist by a student named Ryuuen. At first, he seemed to be a simple brute, a delinquent ruling through fear and prowess alone, however, after watching him for a few days it became clear that wasn't the case. His eyes were full of intelligence, constantly darting around and analysing everything in his field of sight. He was someone who would plan for every eventuality and wouldn't hesitate to use underhanded methods to claim victory. On top of that, he had somehow tamed the black giant Albert, a huge man, which to me feels like the must be more to the situation. From what little I had seen of Ryuuen, and the glimpse of one fight he had, I could tell there was no way he defeated Albert in a straight fight.

In summary, his class was a threat.

Class 1-A would be the highest on my list, except for the giant schism throughout their class. Two potential leaders had emerged, and while it was clear to me that Sakayanagi was by far the more competent one, about half the class favoured the bald man Katsuragi. Both were very different, based on the limited recon I could manage. With a class already suspicious of each other, an outsider would stand out to any of them like a sore thumb, making it very difficult to find out information. Katsuragi, from what I had seen, was an intelligent and calm man, always prepared to smooth a situation over, seemingly never on the offensive. He appears to favour a defense only approach, which while effective usually, would never work in a school like this, with students like Ryuuen and myself, who if outsmarted him would have complete and total victory.

For this reason, I suspected Sakayanagi would come out on top. She seemed aggressive, intelligent, and ruthless despite her disability. During the first week I witnessed her take control over a pawn named Masumi, effortlessly manipulating the situation. I could tell she thought similarly to me and was possibly the single most dangerous student in my grade, after myself and Kouenji.

Class 1-B was rather pathetic. They had subscribed to a unity through friendship approach, and it seemed that almost everyone in the class was following with it. Living in a fairy tale, it must be nice for them. Their leader, Ichinose, seemed to be a kind caring girl, much like Kushida, but without a hidden personality. She was everyone's friend and cared for them all. Too much, in fact, and there lay her downfall. Expelling one person from her class would break her completely, and most of the class along with her. Their friendship was too strong it became a weakness, and if forced to choose between victory and losing a classmate or defeat, they would instantly choose the latter.

There was one interesting member of the class, however. Kanzaki. He seemed to be one of the smartest and strongest in the class, and from what I witnessed, while he complied with the Fairy Tale lifestyle, it chafed against him. He would be easily used as a tool to accomplish my end, simply by offering him a chance to take the reins of the class, to break free from the weak mindset. Of course, that is the correct decision on his part, as if left as they are currently, class 1-B will end at the bottom, but taking my hand to do so would only lead to his own destruction.

Of course, whilst the analysis of the classes was important, it was the interactions with the less well-known students that made the weeks interesting.

On the third day, after school had ended, I was approached by a student from class A, named Hashimoto. He was an interesting character, having already sword loyalty to Sakayanagi apparently, yet offering his services to me. I certainly didn't trust him at all, but since he was offering to be useful there was no reason to decline him. Apparently, he had read my post on the school forums and concluded that I would best be an ally. In return I would bring him to my class once it reached class A, which he described as "an inevitability with the king in it." A strange statement, but he seemed sincere, even bringing along a contract that we signed. This was the benefit of being well known, that I would not have had if I lived my peaceful life. People, once they know you, seek you out and opportunities like this arise.

I would keep an eye on him, and as long as he was willing to betray his class for me, there was a possibility he would betray me for a better offer, but no sense turning him down.

Kiryuuin had a joy for disrupting both my life and my plans. She loved to appear out of nowhere, I assume from tracking my phone, and make a scene, so excited to see 'her favourite kouhai'. When I was trying to go unnoticed to pick up information, when I was enjoying a new café I found, when I was extorting points from seniors with Kouenji for lack of anything else to do, she was there. Even once she came to my classroom to pick me up for lunch, an action that earned me a new wave of hate from the boys in my class, and unneeded curiosity from the devil and Matsushita.

She did prove herself useful, as every time she found me our escapades usually ended up humiliating a senior, or fleeing the scene of a crime, some of the small bright points in my life, when things were interesting. Kiryuuin also introduced me to one of, if not her only true friend, Asahina Nazuna. She was a relaxed individual, although I could tell she wasn't someone who would just roll over, she had her own hidden talents. To be expected if she was Kiryuuin picked her to be a friend.

From Asahina, I learned a lot more about Nagumo, information that would be vital to safeguarding myself from his attacks, which she had assured me would come. Apparently, he had been obsessed with me since the first day, both parts jealous of receiving Manabu's recognition and wanting to toy with someone who could pose a challenge. From the information she provided, his weakness became was obvious, and his eventual demise became inevitable.

Over the weeks, my relations with my classmates gradually improved. Horikita was still pointedly ignoring me, but at least she wasn't angry all the time. Instead, it seemed she was grudgingly accepting my existence, which was more than she gave to most of my classmates, refusing to accept that they could be real humans.

The rest of the class was slowly forgiving me for the first day. By keeping my head down, and trying to be as quiet as possible, my existence faded out, and the anger displayed on day 2 never returned. In fact, I guess this is what my life would have been life if I hadn't spoken my mind on the first day of school. At least now I can interact with them, allowing me to act out any plans without overly vigilant suspicion.

But it was important that I be able to interact with them for one specific person.

I also obtained the help of my fellow classmate, Sotomura, or as he had been dubbed, the Professor. Kushida had been kind enough to pass me along his phone number, under the guise of me 'wanting to make friends with other oddballs', and after some convincing, he agreed to help me if needed. Despite his eccentricities, and his constant need to affix the honorific of 'dono' to my name, he really was a valuable pawn. His knowledge of technology was unrivalled, and in a school where videos and audio recordings make or break a plot, just like on the first day with Sudou, he would be someone very important to have working with me.

While I couldn't count anyone as my friend yet, Hirata had dragged me along shopping a couple of times, along with his harem. Obviously, he was desperate for some male company, as going clothes shopping with five or six girls most days was a drain, especially with a girlfriend like Karuizawa. He disguised his request for me to join him as an attempt to help me interact, since it was 'my first time in a school' and I wanted to learn how to interact properly. Never expected that to backfire on me so fast.

In the end however, it did prove useful. I had the opportunity to interact with Matsushita, Karuiawa and Hirata some more, all three of whom I was interested in figuring out their secrets and getting to know and gain the trust of the girls my classmates deemed cute was an advantage not worth wasting.

The bell rang, breaking me out of my contemplation, signalling the end of class. Speaking of shopping trips, while most of the class was packing up, Hirata was approaching me. I knew what he was going to ask, since he had messaged me earlier asking the same question. He really was very considerate, not wanting to embarrass someone into declining or make them feel forced into accepting, however, much like 1-B, that would be his downfall. He had an incredibly strong sense of devotion to his classmates, and if anything, negative happened, I wasn't sure how he would react, but it would probably be bad.

Perhaps I could cause a situation of some sort. To see his reaction, who he truly is when crushed by failing his class, that would be a sight worth seeing. To bring out the true basis of a person, who they are at their core was the most powerful way to control them.

My father had taught me that lesson.

"Ayanokouji, would you like to come shopping with us for a bit?" By 'us', he meant his harem, though it was clear to anyone not blinded by jealously, otherwise known as most of my classmates, boys, and girls alike, that he was always slightly uncomfortable, and didn't enjoy managing so many girls at once. Though, his personality as a helper to all meant he was never able to tell them off. I had a suspicion that he enjoyed my company, as someone who didn't speak often, but spoke bluntly, without too much consideration. It was a change of pace from the constant flirting and flattery he received, despite already having a girlfriend.

"Sure, why not. I didn't have plans anyway." At this, Horikita grumbled something under her breath, sounding like 'you never do, loner'. So bold, to insult someone quietly for something you yourself are guilty of.

At my response, most of the girls smiled, surprisingly enough. It seemed they had warmed up to my attitude, overlooking the insults I had pushed on them. However, there was one girl practically grinning, and she was the one I had no interest in conversing in.

Matsushita, as I had suspected early on, was hiding her potential, pretending to be an ordinary student. In spite of her attempts to hide, she constantly needled at me, poking and prodding for information I had discovered, trying to work out whether I was as smart as I claimed, faking it or even holding back. At first her mind games had been enjoyable, something to distract me from the humdrum of boredom, but they quickly grew dull, seeing as she never could pose a legitimate challenge.

Although it seems today, she was ready to go another round. Great.

Walking out of class, Hirata was mobbed by a few girls. Karuizawa was sticking to his arm like glue, and Satou, Shinohara, Mori, and Mii-chan, as she had asked to be called, were all pestering and asking him questions, as per usual. He was looking back at me out the corner of his eye, making sure I was following, but there wasn't a lot he could do, leaving me to follow the conglomerate of estrogen.

The one girl not joining in was Matsushita who took up her usual spot next to me. Clearly, she had no interest in Hirata beyond her friends being infatuated with him, and simply took the opportunity to be her usual annoying self.

"Ne, Ayanokouji, were you even listening in class today? You won't learn anything if you keep staring out the windows. Or maybe you already know it all? Hm?" She was blunt today, reducing her mind games and going all out to attack for answers. Possibly since Author-san isn't smart enough to come up with conversation right now.

"If you keep staring at me in class, I might think you've developed a crush on me." I had felt her gaze on me most of the day, and most days as well. She seemed fascinated with me, and was intent on figuring out just how smart I am.

"Ah. Um, I mean, no stop trying to distract me. I'm just curious, after all. You publish school secrets then do nothing? How could I not be curious?" And back and forth it went, all the way to Keyaki Mall. She really was a pain, but it was one of the few stimulating conversations I have a week, so I put up with it.

I was honestly impressed. After spending a few weeks studying the rest of the grade and getting a sense for what 'ordinary' is, Matsushita is far beyond that. Even though she hides it, I doubt there would be many people in the school who could keep up with her mind games. It was worth keeping her around just for that. To stave off the boredom.

Arriving at the mall, all the girls headed straight for the clothing outlets, exactly like last time. I found myself standing near the doorway with Hirata and Matsushita, watching five teenagers run amuck, with no hesitation or consideration for prices.

"They really don't think, do they." Matsushita commented exactly what I was thinking. "If they considered the situation, they wouldn't be acting this foolish. I'm loathe to criticise my friends, but honestly, they have no sense of control."

"I don't want to say it, but I have to agree with you. After we finish school, they won't have any sense of monetary control. No matter how many times I warn them..." For Hirata to be criticising his friends, he really must be at the end of his rope.

"Hey, Hirata, come tell us what you think of these clothes!" And just like that Karuizawa dragged Hirata away from his last remaining point of freedom, and into the viper's nest that was ladieswear.

Surprisingly, Matsushita didn't move to join him. Even during other trips when she spent time trying to interrogate me, she still left to go pick out clothes.

"You aren't shopping today?"

"I'm not as foolish as the rest of them. I read your post, and I'm pretty sure everything you said is correct. I've already spent too many points as it is, so home cooked meals for me from now on." A sense of self control. Far different from most of the girls in the class, Matsushita, along with Horikita seemed to understand that my 'guesses' were accurate and were controlling their points. It was especially impressive that she could manage this, especially when her main friendship group was composed of the biggest shopaholics in the grade.

I had spent many days considering the best way to make use of Matsushita, and finally reached a conclusion: she had no hidden past, no secrets, or any way to completely exploit her. However, since she also believed that reaching class A was essential, she had faith in my analysis skills, and this was her way of getting on my good side in order to rise with me. She would never be an important person to me, and since I had no real control over her, her uses would be limited, but she had potential for smaller tasks.

If she believed that we were working towards the same goal of Class A, and had faith in my abilities, it was extremely likely she would follow my orders, rationalising it as acting in her own self-interests. To ensure her belief in me, as while she was not valuable there was no purpose in ignoring any tool, even one kept in reserve, I would have to display some of my skills, enough to convince her that I was worth betting on for her own success.

It would also give me the chance to escape from this dull shopping trip.

Looking around the store, it was clear that corners had been cut when it came to the shelves and hangers for clothes. Barely staying upright as it is, if one of the supports was taken out, they would topple over with the slightest push.

Which was exactly what I intended.

"Pass me that rod, Matsushita. I want to try something." Looking hesitant, as she could probably tell its purpose, she walked over to the shelf I had indicated, picked up the beam and came back.

"What are you trying to do with that? It's there to hold up the shelf, it could fall over without it." As expected, she recognised the danger, but didn't realise that was exactly what I wanted.

"Actually, the rod has no purpose. The whole point of that. Was. This." As I said that last word, I threw the bundled-up shirt that had been hanging next to me. It hit the roof, causing one of the ceiling panels to fall, landing directly on the shelf missing the support at just the right angle. For a moment, we stared, frozen in anticipation, and then it tipped sideways, collapsing into the shelf next to it, and the next, and the next, before the final one fell in front of the changing room, blocking everyone in.

Across the room I could see Hirata staring at me in shock. He was probably wondering if it had been on purpose or an accident, and why Matsushita was cackling away beside me. I quickly transferred Hirata 100,000 points, along with a message 'for the damages' before sprinting out of the store, leaving Matsushita leaning against the wall, trying not to fall from laughter and the voices of Hirata's harem calling out in panic and fear, shouting for their hero to come rescue them. Truly pathetic, but this incident made all the shopping trips worth it.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I later learned that the five girls were trapped in the changing rooms for 30 minutes before the mess could be cleared, and the damages repayment had come to 63,000 points. Worth it, both for the entertainment and to acquire Matsushita's support.

If only this fun could be had more often.

Authors Notes

This was a fun chapter to write. Finally getting a bit more interesting. Ramping up to the midterms and everything becomes a lot more fun to read as well as to write. Hope you enjoyed!

Looking to finish writing the first arc (first light novel storyline) this week, so i got time to plan the second one. It's honestly the most boring book and I'm a little stuck for how i want the Sudou situation to go, if i even do that. We shall see.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 491 5
This is a what if scenario that I took interest in and this is a whole lot different reaction with an AU of course....... Ayanokoji Kiyotaka had enr...
29.7K 1.7K 11
Ayanokouji Kiyotaka finally achieved what he's wanted since the beginning of his life: Freedom. However, freedom comes with it's own set of challeng...
257K 6.7K 93
Pretty much what it says in the title. The school decided Ayanokouji wasn't judged as defective enough to be put in class D, so the school decided he...
42.9K 1.4K 9
Ayanokouji will be going to school like normal and will meet Miyuki. (Miyuki loves her brother as a brother just so you guys know) Miyuki will be the...