Shadow Killer

By BelleneUgh

She was a silent killer. Posie Parker, kidnapped by the Red Room and trained as an assassin before being sold... More

Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Epilogue
Epilogue

One

17K 219 46
By BelleneUgh

My name is Posie Parker. I have no family or friends. I simply am Posie Parker, property of Hydra. Prior to Hydra, I was trained by the Red Room, who kidnapped me when I was young. My life before the Red Room or Hydra is unknown, and I couldn't care less. The only thing I have from my past is my name, and it means nothing to me.

As I said, the Red Room kidnapped me when I was very young, at least, that is what I have come to tell myself. The reality is I don't know, and nor do I really care. My earliest memories are that of the Red Room. Ballet, weaponry and combat, languages, and whatever else required to become an assassin. By the age of ten, I was on track to become a lethal weapon. We were trained to eliminate all emotion and follow orders. At age eighteen, we were given a graduation ceremony before becoming assassins, doing whatever the Red Room told us. However, I was considered one of the lucky ones to be pulled aside for inspection by some outside individual.

I ended up being the one chosen. I was taken away from the Red Room and to a place of new. Just like the Red Room, they tolerated no silliness or any form of incompetence. Once we got to this new location, they led me through endless corridors and through countless doors before shoving me into a confined room containing a cot, a sink, and a toilet. In essence, a cell. It wasn't long before they started a similar training regime to that of the Red Room. Long gruelling hours of combat and weaponry. I was also taught how to use a computer, something the Red Room didn't do, learning how to code and hack into software systems. There was little time to rest, and substantial meals were scarce. Failure to comply with the rules or to keep up would result in punishment.

Hydra was harsher than the Red Room. Higher expectations to be met, which also meant that there was a greater fall if they could not be met. After a couple of years, things changed. Once a week, a pair of soldiers with large automatic weapons would lead me from the familiar cell and training rooms to an unfamiliar one. This one had a single oversized chair with metal clamps at both the ankles and wrists. The first time seeing it invoked fear within me, something very uncommon due to the way I had been trained. I resisted. I was punished. They strapped my limbs down to the chair, as well as my head. The doctor who was present would insert a needle into my arm which was attached to a long tube with bags at the other end. I was then pumped full of unknown colourless substances.

For a while, nothing much happened other than colourless liquids being pumped in through my arms. Very quickly, however, I noticed weight gain in my muscles. I was a small person. Significantly smaller than everyone who I encountered, although everyone who I seemed to encounter was male, so I doubt that is even comparable. Yet, even when I was in the Red Room, I was considered smaller than most. This weight gain began to make more of an impact in my fighting, as I now had more strength and force to do more damage, something I always lacked, which was unsuitable to be an assassin.

However, one week they didn't hang up and insert the typical colourless drip bags. The usual doctor was present; however, the same man who took me away from the Red Room was also present this time. After bringing me, I never saw him again, until then. He never spoke, only standing to the side with his arms folded. I knew something was off the moment I was strapped down and saw him. The doctor grabbed a syringe full of an orange substance.

He injected into my upper arm before I could react and cause a commotion in the restraints. Whatever was injected, the effects were immediate. My vision became fuzzy on the outside, and all sound seemed to dissipate as I felt my body go numb. I could see the man from the corner of the room walk and stand over me, where I was met with a sickening grin before my eyes fell shut.

This happened multiple times. However, the man was never present for any more of those injections. After the first injection, I quickly realised that the substance was designed to suppress my thoughts and emotions, making it easier to control. At first, I tried to fight it, but with each injection, my brain's feeling of internal numbness grew greater.

By the age of fifteen, I was the perfect little pawn for HYDRA. Every order that was given to me, I would complete without fail. I was yet to leave the Hyrda compound, as I was still too young, but they gave me practice missions on my trainers. Each practice mission, I would complete with ease, although they were designed to be simple. At fifteen, my strength was unmatched. I was able to take down fully grown men without so much as a scratch.

This newfound strength was because of a new injection they gave me. The same man was there watching as I was administered with a pale blue, glowing liquid. They said something about enhancement, but because of the first injections, I had no choice but to tune it out. After that injection, all physical skills and abilities were enhanced; strength, aim, speed. There were no apparent signs of my improved skills despite these enhancements, much to the doctor's delight. I assume to create a sense of ease and complacency in the enemy, to create a false sense of security, that I was no threat. How very wrong they would be though.

Eighteen. I was lethal and dangerous. I was a killing machine without so much a drop of remorse or guilt in my blood. I was given a hysterectomy, which further minimalized any emotion. It also meant that I was now of a more suitable age to be subjected to intense torture, alongside those orange injections. A sizeable new machine was an addition to the medical room, as I previously called it. Now I simply refer to it as The Room.

Once a week, the doctor would pump the orange substance into my arm, before turning on the machine which would send electric and convulsive shocks in through the head clamp. At the end of each session, I rendered hyperaware of my surroundings and what was being said, but with very little control. After each session, the man who brought me to HYDRA, whose name I have come to known Alexander Pierce, would give me a mission.

I was able to leave the Hydra compound clad in a black suit with a face mask on, covering my mouth and nose, with my blonde hair in a tight braid travelling down the centre of my head and back. Whenever I was to leave the Hydra compound, I was escorted by a pair of soldiers to an aircraft. Depending on the task at hand would depend on the length of time it takes to achieve it. Sometimes they were quick, and I was back before dusk. Other times, it would take a week or two at most.

The tasks were simple. Sometimes, I would simply monitor a person, watching their movements. Sometimes, more often than not, I was tasked to kill. To be the assassin, I was trained to be. A simple shot in the head was not enough. My first mission was a failed assassination, fortunately, it was a practice mission, to see how I would react in an unknown outside environment. A single headshot would normally be enough to kill someone, but circumstances were not on my side. The target lived, due to the bullet being slightly skewed. Aided by advancing medical technology he would be able to live, but at a decreased ability in life.

I was given a second chance. He was released from the hospital and into a more permanent care facility, where I ensured that I finished him off. It was a more gruesome kill of mine. A long serrated knife was used to slit his throat, as well as it being used to gut him. I returned back to the HYDRA compound with his heart in my hand. Alexander Pierce was both pleased yet heavily disturbed as I dropped the heart on his desk.

Assassinations became more frequent. Most of the time, my missions consisted of taking only one life, yet outside environmental actions from surrounding people could not always be easily predicted, so more often than not I would take more than one life. No matter the kill, it had no effect on me, since I only saw it as a task. I suppose the youngest life taken; a three-year-old would make anyone sick. I simply kicked the body out of the way so I could leave the building.

By age twenty, I had countless assassinations under my belt. Something one should not be proud of, but I could not feel any form of remorse, regret, or guilt. To me, I had a job to do. I suppose the amount of control they had over me and suppressing every inch of free will, meant I had lost every ability to feel any form of emotion.

One day I was escorted down to another floor in the HYDRA compound. I was guided through many corridors, each one identical to the last. One soldier led the way while a second soldier followed us, aiming a loaded weapon at my back. Despite the level of control over me, there was little trust, and many of the doctors or HYDRA leaders who saw me were partially fearful that one day I would lash out. If I wasn't training or completing a mission, I would be surrounded by a pair of soldiers, who would place a large electric collar around my neck. The collar emitted small and frequent convulsive shocks, enough to keep me from reacting out. It was used to control and confine me.

They took me into a room very similar to that of The Room somewhere above. An oversized chair and machine sat in the centre identical to my own, but the only difference was a large cylindrical chamber in the far side of the room stood. Stood to the side next to an unknown doctor was Alexander Pierce. On the chair sat a foreign man, one who I have never seen before. He was introduced to me as Asset 01, while I was introduced to him as Asset 02. He sat there strapped down to the chair, staring at me with cold dark eyes. Long scraggly hair fell around his face, shadowing his eyes. His left arm was replaced with a metal arm adorned with the red star symbol of HYDRA. Asset 01 was my new partner, in which we would accompany each other on our tasks.

Asset 01 and I completed many tasks together. Neither of us would speak a word to each other; that was liberty neither of us had. These tasks with Asset 01 were more significant than any of the previous jobs I had. Each target was a political figure who was considered a hindrance to Hydra. The missions were still the same concept, to take their lives. Each life taken was another assassination I could add to my belt.

After each task was completed, we were escorted back to the HYDRA compound. We were escorted to an office first, where we would tell Alexander Pierce about the mission's success. Each time he would smile before telling the soldiers to escort us away. I was escorted to mine, while Asset 01 to his own. I did not care for my new partner, just like he cared very little for me.
Today was no different. I was strapped down to the chair with the metal clamp attached to my head, an orange needle shoved into my arm, and electrical shocks passed through me. I was then escorted up to Alexander Pierce's office, where I would meet Asset 01. There we would be given our mission before being escorted out of the Hydra compound to execute it.

"Your mission today, is to kill Nick Fury."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

A New Hope By Mo

Fanfiction

133K 2.7K 20
She had never seen the outside world. Never seen the sun or felt the breeze. All she had ever known was the cold metal walls of the lab she had been...
27.6K 1.1K 21
Holland Stark finds herself in D.C. with her best friend Steve Rogers as her beloved agency has been hiding a dark secret. And the secrets don't stop...
67.3K 2.8K 11
With her powers as a healer, the reader has been working with the Avengers since the fall of SHIELD, but her new role with the high-profile team has...
758K 20.3K 30
After the events of D.C., The Winter Soldier escaped both HYDRA and SHIELD with barely his life and a mix of memories that he couldn't put back into...