Danmachi: Reincarnation of Ta...

By KneeOil

Talent found its next host, a boy who looked as weak as they come. However, hidden by his rabbit like appeara... More

Trailer
Information
Prologue: An End and a Beginning
Chapter 2: A New Home
Chapter 3: New Friends
Chapter 4: What Makes a Hero
Chapter 5: A Day to Remember
Chapter 6: Ready or Not
Chapter 7: Attack on the City
Chapter 8: Limits
Chapter 9: Wills that Surpass All
Notice
Chapter 10: The Curtains Close
Chapter 11: Rise up to Any Challenge
10k Special Chapter 12: Forge Ahead
Chapter 13: Bell's Year (Part 1)
Chapter 14: Bell's Year (Part 2)
Chapter 15: Bell's Year (Part 3)
Chapter 16: Bell's Year (Final Part)
Chapter 16.5: Back to Normal
Chapter 17: Enter The Twins
Chapter 18: Childs Play (1000☆ Special)
Chapter 19: Cleaning Up
Chapter 20: Enjoy The Simple Things
Slight Teaser
Chapter 21: Normal? Close Enough (Year 1 Special)
This Guy XD
I require answers
Chapter 22: Catching Up
Chapter 23: A New Smith

Chapter 1: A Force to be Reckoned With

9.8K 181 87
By KneeOil

The sun rose and a new day was ready to start. Ottarl was waiting for Zald to arrive for today's training. When he saw him, he was surprised to see a little white haired boy with him.

Ottarl: Zald, who is the boy?

Zald: My nephew, he will be joining us in training.

Bell: I'm Bell, nice to meet you mister.

The boy smiled at him while the boaz just gave the boy a nod. Zald began to review their training schedule for the day. He and Ottarl would spar while Bell would do the basic exercises that they went over the night before. Bell struggled at first as he hadn't done things this difficult before. He slowly got the hang of it overtime and Ottarl was surprised at the child's resilience. The boy was doing exercises in amounts that would normally be unhealthy for most 4 year olds but Bell got comfortable after around two weeks. Zald had him slowly increase the difficulty overtime.

Bell would finish this early as he also trained with his mother in magic. She also taught Bell some basic hand to hand combat skills she picked up from others in her familia. Bell soaked it all up like a sponge. He picked up hand to hand rather quickly but the magic was another story as he didn't have any to use.

Alfia: Alright Bell, you will meditate so you can learn to focus and control your mind to cast magic.

Bell: But how will I know what to look for?

Alfia: You have to find it for yourself if you want to learn it properly. That's how the best magic users are made.

Bell: I'll do my best then.

Bell concentrated for a while but still came up with nothing. It had been around an hour before she decided to call it a day.

Alfia: It's okay, Bell. I'm not expecting you to master these skill on your first try. Take it one step at a time.

Bell: Okay...

Bell was still a little disappointed with himself. He wanted to make her proud but the boy had to be patient with that. They arrived to back and saw Zald in the kitchen.

Alfia: Why are you home early?

Zald: I called it off early because I wanted to go extra hard with him. This would be a good test for him to fight all out against someone much stronger than him. He's too used to a small gap and has yet to find someone who can properly challenge him.

Bell: Maybe I can do that.

The boy smiled as the man laughed lightly.

Zald: At your pace, I guarentee that you will in the future.

Alfia: He right, you're doing very well in your training so far.

Zeus: Perhaps it's time I give the boy my falna then.

Bell: Really?! You'll let me join the familia, grandpa?!

Zeus: Sure, I'll give it to you before bed.

While they talked, Zald took it upon himself to bring Bell with him to the kitchen.

Zald: Listen Bell, I'm not going to be home as soon as you and seeing how neither your mother nor your grandfather can cook properly, I will teach you to make simple dishes for everyone.

Bell: But why?

Zald: Becauee it's important that you are able to make food for yourself and for others. A man needs to eat, Bell.

Bell: Okay, uncle.

Zald showed Bell something easy first. A simple potato stew, which was still Bell's favorite. He showed Bell how to make it then let the boy do it himself. Naturally, he did it all exactly the same as Zald. He was impressed with the boy's learning speed.

Zald: (This boy will make us look like normal people with how fast he learns. And to think they called us monsters.)

He smiled to himself as he saw that Bell enjoyed learning how to cook. They took his dish out to show the others. Zeus took the first taste and was greatly impressed by Bell. He said that it was delicious and would have believed Zald had made it. Bell was happy to know his grandpa liked his food while his mother gave a warm smile. It gave her peace of mind knowing the boy would be able to fend for himself in the future.  They enjoyed their food as their lives took a straight path for the next few months.

Several months later, Bell was currently in a field practicing his magic.

AN: Picture Bell being the one doing this.

The child had gone through much in his training. He was turning five soon but his stats had grown considerably. Every ability was in the D to C range. This was mostly due to his Liaris Freese skill that had appeared about a month after Zeus put his falna on the boy. A horde of goblins had attacked the village and Bell went to save them. Zald was busy training with Ottarl and Alfia was away with Zeus, visiting a friend of his apparently. When the goblins attacked, Bell was on his own to defend everyone. His stats were barely at G so even these surface monsters would give him problems. It was when the vegetable merchant got hit that Bell felt his back burn. The skill had shown itself when Bell felt his desire to protect others flare even more. The man would survive but Bell felt horribly guilty about letting him get hurt. The man assured the boy he was fine as he was just cut on his back. Not too deep so he would live. When Bell returned home, he would train harder than ever before. He pushed his limits with Zald and did everything he could to master what Alfia would teach him. She gave the boy a grimoire with a basic quick cast spell so Bell could get a feel for magic. It was the spell Thunderbolt. It shot out a small, electric projectile at his target from his hand when he said the name. He shot it a lot with his mother so he could both get used to using a lot of his mind as well as practicing his aim with it. Since Alfia was too fast, she took twigs and threw them into the air where Bell would try to shoot them. As expected, his accuracy was spot on every time.

Everything changed one day when Bell was on the roof of the house meditating. He was too deep into it and didn't notice a thunder storm coming. It poured down onto the boy but he didn't give it a thought. His focus was on his meditation so he could get the mage development ability. Little did he know, fate would play a little differently and the boy had gotten somethi better. His focus allowed the ability to manifest for an instant. When it did, it quickly merged itself with his thunderbolt spell to make another skill. Alfia came outside to look for Bell. When she found him, she called out.

Alfia: Bell, what are you doing?! Get inside before you catch a cold!

Bell jolted at her call as he never noticed that it was thundering. He went inside and cleaned himself off before eating dinner. When he finished, he went to Zeus for an update. What they found shook every part of the house.

Zeus: WHAT?! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!

Alfia and Zald came in to see what the problem was. Zeus saw them and showed them Bell's status sheet. What they saw left the two speechless. In his skills list was a second one. A skill just as mysterious and powerful as his other one.

Thunderlord- Gains the ability to freely manipulate lighting at will as well as greatly reducing the usage of mind.

Zald: This is incredible.

Alfia: This skill makes the mage development ability mediocre in comparison.

Bell: Cool, I have another skill!

Zeus: And it's just as cool as your first one, Bell.

They all said goodnight and went to sleep. For that day on, Bell put more focus on developing his magic skills as those would be his greatest asset in battle.

Back to the present, Bell had finished training for the day and Alfia gave him her report of his performance.

Alfia: Good job, you've come a long way since you first got that skill.

Bell: Thanks, it's been great training but I miss being able to see Ottarl. He was fun to train with while he was here.

Alfia: It is a shame he had to leave early but it was an emergency and he was needed elsewhere. But look at it this way, you'll see him when you go to Orario.

She was right, Bell would see the man again. Bell continued training with her and Zald as time flew by once more. Bell was now six years old. He had miraculously gotten permission from his mother to travel to Orario as Hera had left a year ago to follow a lead she found on curing Alfia's disease. Alfia was hesitant at first, but Zald and Zeus were able to convince her that it was fine as the boy's skills were already on par with any level 2 and most early level 3 adventurers. Bell was outside his house with a simple getup of his black shirt and pants, his sleeveless brown coat and boots. Along with that was a short sword on his back. A normal was too big for him so the short sword was the perfect length for him.

Bell: I'll see you guys soon.

Alfia: Yes, your uncle and I will join you in a few months time. Zeus had found a lead to help further cure my illness so we'll  be traveling for that.

Zald: You just focus on showing Orario what you're made of boy.

Bell: I promise I'll make you proud!

Zeus: Remember Bell, you have what it takes to be the ultimate hero. And you know what every hero needs.

Bell: A legendary sword?

Zeus: A HAREM! YOU MUST GO OUT AND GET YOURSELF A HAREM OF BEAUTIFUL GIRLS BELL!

Bell: Uh, Grandpa?

Bell looked scared as Alfia had the aura of a demon behind her as she stared the old man down.

Alfia: If you listen to any of this drivel, I will make you regret it.

Bell: I will, I promise that I'll treat all girls with respect like you said.

Alfia: That's good, now go on. That carriage is leaving soon.

Bell: Right.

He hugged everyone before shoving off for the city. It was an uneventful week of travel. When he arrived, he was amazed at the cite of the walls. He got of the carriage and ran the rest of the way but not before thanking the driver first. He arrived at the gates before waiting in line to enter. Once it was his turn, the guards saw him and waited for one of the adults to show up. An awkward moment of silence passed as they realized the boy was alone. They called someone over to help them deal with this as it was a delicate situation. Two blue haired woman, one twenty one year old eith dark blue hair and another who was fourteen with a lighter shade of blue. They were Shakti and Ardi Varma, members of the Ganesha familia. When they saw the boy, they asked if he was with his parents but the guards said that there was no one like that. Ardi decided to ask the boy.

Ardi: So are you alone here?

Bell smiled as he answered.

Bell: Yeah, I'm here by myself to be an adventurer.

Guard 1: You're pretty young for someone to do that.

Guard 2: Well, if you're coming here that means you at least have the proper money for the entrance fee correct?

Bell: This is enough?

He handed the man 4,000 valis. The guard checked it verify the contents. When everything checked out, he let the boy pass and move on. Shakti and Ardi went with him as they couldn't let a yound boy wander in a new place by himself.

Shakti: We can show you to the guild to register.

Bell: Thank you very much, Miss?

Shakti: Shakti, and this is my younger sister Ardi.

Ardi: Nice to meet you kid.

Bell: My name's Bell, and it's nice to meet you too.

The two woman were conflicted about letting the boy register as he was far too pure to be left to die in the dungeon. Their thoughts would be put to rest as Bell saw a familiar face. Ottarl was out with his familia along with their goddess, albeit in disguise. Bell went over to greet him. The two tried to stop him as the Freya familia were more than a little volatile but were unable to stop the boy.

Bell: Ottarl!

Everyone in the area stopped to see this. Some random child had called out to one of the strongest adventurers in the city. The boaz man himself looked around for the voice before looking down to see a familiar rabbit.

Ottarl: It's you.

The captain, Mia, was surprised that he knew this child.

Mia: You know him?

Ottarl: Yes, he was with my teacher when he trained me. He would join in at times if he was allowed.

He turned to greet Bell again.

Ottarl: Yes, Bell right?

Bell: Cool, you remember me!

The child was happy the man had remembered him. It had been nearly two years since he'd seen him.

Ottarl: I see you're doing well.

Freya was surprised her child was being so talkative to someone. Even more so when she looked at the boy. She was amazed at how pure the boy's soul was. She was taken out of her trance when Ottarl had asked Bell about his familia.

Ottarl: Have you joined a familia yet?

Bell: No, I just got here a bit ago.

Ottarl: How about joining the Freya familia?

Everyone was speechless at his words. He just invited a child to join.

Allen: What are you saying? He's just a weak kid!

Ottarl: If he's been trained by who I think, and I know I'm right, then he'll surpass all of us one day.

Allen: Yeah right!

Ottarl: I'll show you. Bell fight with me for a bit.

Ardi: Wait, he's just a kid. You can't do that!

Bell: Sure!

Shakti: Wait, he's a first class. You can't fight him.

Bell: Yeah I can.

Ottarl: It's fine, I will restrain myself. Come at me however you want.

Ottarl got into a stance as he waited for Bell. People were holding their breaths as they watched the boy charge to his fate. However, they were surprised at the speed and ferocity in his attacks. Bell jumped forward and charged an axe kick towards him.

Bell never let up and kept up his attacks. Ottarl was surprised at this. He never expected a child to be of this caliber. Bell was on par with most level two adventurers. The spectators had their jaws on the ground as they saw the child unleash a barrage of attacks. Shakti and Ardi were surprised that the boy they were escorting was this powerful. Everything went to a stand still when Bell backed off.

Ottarl: (What's he up to?)

Bell started channeling his lightning magic. This surprised everyone further as they would never have believed that a human child could wield magic. This would only be a small taste as Bell unleashed a powerful spell.

Bell: TRY THIS!!!

A ring of electricity made its was to the boaz as he crossed his arms to block it. When the spell dissipated, there were some scratches on his forearms. He saw Bell was breathing a little hard and decided to call it there.

Ottarl: Okay, I've seen enough.

Everyone was surprised the boy survived a fight with The King. Ardi went to see if he was ok.

Ardi: You alright, Bell?

Bell: I'm fine, just tired.

Ottarl walked to him and extended his offer once more.

Ottarl: My offer still stands, Bell.

The other Freya members agreed with him.

Mia: Gotta say, you're not half bad. You'd be a fine addition.

Freya said nothing as she smiled at the boy. Everyone watched as they thought another would be charmed by the goddess. They were surprised once again by the boy's answer.

Bell: I appreciate it, but you know what my mom would say if I joined her.

Ottarl pondered for a moment before a chill ran down his spine about what could happen.

Ottarl: ...you're right, better not.

Freya looked at him dumbfounded. The boy had resisted her charm and Ottarl had changed his mind.

Freya: Ottarl?

Ottarl: I'll explain it to you when we return. Well, our paths will cross again.

Bell: I'll see you soon.

They went their separate ways as Bell left with Shakti and Ardi. Both were still amazed at how this child knew a famous adventurer and had survived a fight with him.

Shakti: (No doubt, this kid will be a monster when he grows up.

This day would be one remembered for many years to come. The three spent the rest of the day finding a familia for Bell to join. Which god he chose will be left for another time.

AN: That's another done. Sorry it took so long, I'm trying to readjust to my classes but I don't have any on fridays so I'm free to upload chapters starting then. Otherwise, I'll be spending most days writing chapters and preparing to upload them all later.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this. It was a lot longer tha I expected but I got what I wanted down. With nothing else, I will see you guys in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

821 20 16
Takashi Hideaki, a powerful sorcerer with the potential to surpass even the strongest of the world, sets out on a mission, he has taken Jujutsu socie...
52K 1.3K 19
Artemis a goddess known for hating men no matter it be a child or elderly, but what if our red eyed rabbit met this man hating goddess first before H...
16.9K 648 12
Reincarnated into Danmachi? Great. Missing an arm? I can deal with that. Being the last living Dark High Elf now the gods won't leave me alone becaus...
5.7K 196 9
Bell and Lefiya have traveled trough Times and are now trying to save the Danmachi verse from a dark fate.